Photo
- - - - -

XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#5191 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

I guess they figure that if people buy the old discounted DLC, there's a chance that they'll just plop down the cash for this newly released DLC as well.

I play bad games

If anyone isn't going to use their code I'd love them forever.

I don't like Godzilla.

#5192 Daemonocracy

Daemonocracy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

I also updated my "XBLA games not to go on sale" spreadsheet for the end of the year. This holiday sale took a ton of games off the list. Please let me know if you see any errors with the list, as I usually just update it based on memory.

Fun Facts:
107 Games released on XBLA in 2012 (I'm not including the $3 Kinect Sports titles that they just released)
66 of those have already been on sale at least once (more than 60%)

Scarygirl had a price drom from 1200 to 800 a day after release or so. Not sure if it was listed incorrectly, but it was a drop.

I also would have liked to have seen Amy go on sale for half off. Call it morbid curiosity, but I'd be willing to check it out. The Alien Breed games seem to never want to go on sale anymore.

Anyways, since we're listing hauls:

Realms of Ancient War (RAW)
Deadlight
Mark of the Ninja
The Walking Dead

Edited by Daemonocracy, 31 December 2012 - 04:17 PM.

#5193 mebegod

mebegod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

I picked up
zumas revenge
kinect party
fez
hells yeah
trine 2
mark of the ninja
dust
deadlight
borderlands 2 season pass
walking dead episodes 1-5

#5194 Curlis

Curlis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

Just picked up Hearthfire, my haul on this sale:

Peggle Nights
Super Meat Boy
Fez
Mark of the Ninja
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Trials HD - Big Pack
Trials Evolution - Origin of Pain
The Walking Dead Episode 1
Skyrim - Hearthfire
Now Playing - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Posted Image

#5195 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

Scarygirl had a price drom from 1200 to 800 a day after release or so. Not sure if it was listed incorrectly, but it was a drop.

Scarygirl was 400 msp once and i bought it, but maybe the sale was only for EU? Not sure.

#5196 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

Kinda bummed I got Dawnguard on sale before at 1200 MSP, I've barely done anything in the DLC.

#5197 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

Xbox Support refuse to give me my 120 MSP back for Hearthfire paid 320 instead of 200 meh..they say they have no option for doing so =P so all this people who bought dawnguard for 1200 didn't get refunded 400 MSP today? I call bullshit =P

#5198 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

Scarygirl was 400 msp once and i bought it, but maybe the sale was only for EU? Not sure.

was the easter sale in EU yep =)

We also had Half Minute Hero for 400 MSP before on DotW (but this was germany only)

#5199 Corto Maltese

Corto Maltese

Dealfiend of Lordly Caliber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

Just picked up Hearthfire and Zuma's Revenge. So my haul of cheap stuff is:

Fire Pro Wrestling
The Walking Dead 2-5
Zuma's Revenge
Skyrim
Dawnguard
Hearthfire
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
Toy Story 3
Crash of the Titans
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection

I think that's it. I might get Joe Danger 2 and RAW but I'm not sure yet. I'll wait for tonight I suppose

Be Your True Mind. :)

611001.png

small.png

#5200 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

Xbox Support refuse to give me my 120 MSP back for Hearthfire paid 320 instead of 200 meh..they say they have no option for doing so =P so all this people who bought dawnguard for 1200 didn't get refunded 400 MSP today? I call bullshit =P

lol, they totally lied to you, I had a problem a while back and the girl helping me credited microsoft points to my account for my trouble

#5201 Daemonocracy

Daemonocracy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

What did you think of it? I thought the controls were a little floaty and there are better platformers out there, but I might pick it up myself if it drops to 400 here in the States. My 7 year old niece might like to play it as well.

#5202 Fear No Darkness

Fear No Darkness

So say we all!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

Xbox Live 2012 Christmas Sale haul

Kinect Party & DLC
RAW Realms of War
Mark of the Ninja
Dust: ET
Deadlight
Fruit Ninja DLC
TWD episode 1 (Have the CE disk)
Hearth fire & Dawn-guard

Microsoft is a genius for doing the 2% back on MSP for the achievements. It makes pulling the trigger on things during a great sale like this even easier as you know you're getting just that little bit extra back.

How many fanboys does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

10, 1 to do it & 9 to complain how much better the 1st one was.

#5203 fatboyjam

fatboyjam

A Champagne Jam

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

Very satisfied with this sale. I picked up Fez, Mark of the Ninja, Trials Evolution, The Walking Dead and Dust. Add in Spelunky from the earlier sale and I pretty much checked off everything I was interested in (which is good, since I have no points left).

#5204 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

Man I didn't hear how good Mark of the
Ninja was until after the sale!

I picked up:
Kinect Party
Zumas Revenge
Borderlands 2 Season Pass
Dust
I think that's it.

#5205 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

Xbox LIVE 2012 Christmas Haul

World of Keflings DLC (2 on sale and 1 at full price)
Fire Pro Wrestling
Jet Set Radio
Kinect Party
Hell Yeah Wrath of the Dead Rabbit
Deadlight
Trials Evolution: Origin of Pain
Fruit Ninja Kinect DLC x4
Walking Dead Episode 1-5

I'm still debatting on Frogger, Peggle and Zuma's Revenge.

TheVila.png

#5206 mebegod

mebegod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

peggle is so much fun and peggle nights is more of the same (a good thing)

#5207 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

So pissed I missed Mark of the Ninja. It seems the type of game to go on sale again at some point. Will snatch it then.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#5208 SonicXtreme

SonicXtreme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

peggle is so much fun and peggle nights is more of the same (a good thing)

You know i love the game and it is great, but the base game has so much content, that i just can't see myself ever having the time to complete all the challenges, so even if nights was a dollar i just don't see the point in adding more content when there's already sooo much. That's telling of a great game when it already has so much content i don't feel the need for more. Does nights add anything like, that wows, or is it just more levels (there's already so many levels in the base game levels alone aren't gonna do it for me)?

i finally cracked on mortal kombat arcade, maybe having an arcade stick pushed me over the tip there cos i've been on the fence the last 2 times it was on sale.

#5209 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

Hey guys and girls, if you haven't got around to nabbing Kinect Party (and its Full Unlock DLC) or Walking Dead Ep. 1 for FREE, then you need to do that today. (with a few hours of forgiveness early into tomorrow, I'm sure)

First post. My loot during these holiday sales and discounts have been:

Hold up, are you the same BUTTON_sMASHER that used to browse the Ultra Heavy Beat? :D I just came!

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#5210 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

Thanks. I remember that happening, but since it was basically a drop after the first day, my guess is that it was originally a listing error.

It was EU only, and I'm getting tired of waiting for that game to drop, I definitely want to check it out. Even the PS Mini version that this game is based on has gone on sale a few games, but for some reason this game just won't drop for either XBLA or PSN.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#5211 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

Hey guys and girls, if you haven't got around to nabbing Kinect Party (and its Full Unlock DLC) or Walking Dead Ep. 1 for FREE, then you need to do that today. (with a few hours of forgiveness early into tomorrow, I'm sure)

Some will inevitably forget to download it today and complain about it tomorrow.

TheVila.png

#5212 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Some will inevitably forget to download it today and complain about it tomorrow.

Yeah, hold out till it's free-er!

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#5213 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

Yeah, hold out till it's free-er!

I'm gonna club this seal to make a better deal!

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#5214 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

So pissed I missed Mark of the Ninja. It seems the type of game to go on sale again at some point. Will snatch it then.

What makes you say that? It's easily this year's strongest Summer of Arcade title. Additionally, their previous game, Shank 2, has only been on sale once on XBL and PSN if I'm not mistaken.

#5215 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

Jus got Hearthfire and Dawnguard. Thanks OP and Wombat!

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#5216 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

What makes you say that? It's easily this year's strongest Summer of Arcade title. Additionally, their previous game, Shank 2, has only been on sale once on XBL and PSN if I'm not mistaken.

Wasn't Dust one of the SoA games this year? One of the best arcade games I've ever played. I need to put more time into Fez before I make my verdict but it's between the two right now.

#5217 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

Thanks. I remember that happening, but since it was basically a drop after the first day, my guess is that it was originally a listing error.

It was a pricing error unless Square Enix wanted to charge $5 more on XBLA than other platforms that they released it on.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#5218 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

My haul:

Fez
Mark of the Ninja
The Splatters
Rock Band 3
Kinect Party

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#5219 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

Mark of the Ninja wasn't a Summer of Arcade title. Also, Shank 2 hasn't been on sale on XBLA yet. It was free for PS+ when it released.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#5220 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

I have 790 of my original 5000+ before this awesome sale. I need to grab a game or two of the two week sale games. I already have peggle so I'm thinking maybe world of keflings.