XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#5461 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

Different set of achievements? Love me some fun/easy achievements. And of course I downloaded Kinect Party since it was free. Might as well just in case right?

Happy Action Theater had 200 easy points, Kinect Party has 400 more easy points. :) Only potentially complicated thing in both games is getting six people together to all play at once.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#5462 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

Would you like to support that with evidence? It sounds like a baseless claim to me.

I assume this is already understood, but just in case: there is no downside to Happy Action Theater getting delisted except new users can't get those Achievements any more. Kinect Party completely replaces the original game, with all of the old content plus lots more.

Right, and you get all the HAT games in Kinect Party if you own HAT. I believe the base Kinect Party is free, however I can't verify that as it shows as "purchased" for me.

Crunchewy.png

#5463 voormis

voormis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

Before purchasing NBA Jam, can anyone confirm that EA's lousy asses still have those ultra expensive servers up so you can play online? Thanks :)

#5464 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

Before purchasing NBA Jam, can anyone confirm that EA's lousy asses still have those ultra expensive servers up so you can play online? Thanks :)

Everything I've read has pointed to the servers staying up for OFE. But with EA, who the hell knows.

#5465 Camre

Camre

Duke of Earl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

Would you like to support that with evidence? It sounds like a baseless claim to me.

I think it is in the Zelda item fetch quests/missions where it asks you after getting several items "These types of quests really suck don't they?" or something along those lines. But of course you still continue doing them in game.

#5466 voormis

voormis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Everything I've read has pointed to the servers staying up for OFE. But with EA, who the hell knows.

I appreciate it, just picked it up. Thanks!

#5467 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

I think it is in the Zelda item fetch quests/missions where it asks you after getting several items "These types of quests really suck don't they?" or something along those lines. But of course you still continue doing them in game.

I see what you're saying. Not every joke can hit the mark with every person, but it is clearly a joke. It's hardly a reason to condemn Retro City Rampage's sense of humor.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#5468 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

I see what you're saying. Not every joke can hit the mark with every person, but it is clearly a joke. It's hardly a reason to condemn Retro City Rampage's sense of humor.

As someone who reviews games, your constant telling people their opinions on games are awful is really tedious. They disagree with you from their own perspective, they aren't wrong.

Several professional and unprofessional reviews of this game mentioned the humor being very hit and miss. Just like several agree that Abobo's Big Adventure actually does a lot of things just as well, for free, than Retro City Rampage. I would agree myself with that assessment if I hadn't gotten RCR for free as well.

It's not you job to sit and defend games you like. We have heard that you enjoy it and think it's worth the points. That's great. Now leave people who dislike the game from their own perspective alone. Most of us don't feel the need to come to your site and debate you when we disagree with your reviews.

#5469 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

As someone who reviews games, your constant telling people their opinions on games are awful is really tedious. They disagree with you from their own perspective, they aren't wrong.

Thank you. Furthermore, while I'm not gonna single anyone out here, the "so you like (insert game here), that's great, let me tell you in detail for the fifth time why I dislike the game and would never give the developer my money" posts are grating. Yup. You don't like it. We know!

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

#5470 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

dat mega man 2 intro in the first cutscene and then duck hunt and then contra and then zelda and then TOASTY!!!!

#5471 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Et tu, Biledriver? I don't see why I'm not allowed to disagree with someone or engage in a debate with them just because I'm paid to review games.

I do think people should support their opinions with facts, which another person came along and did for the dude who was actually criticizing the game. I never said anyone should find the game's humor funny - just that the example cited is [an innocuous] joke. Whether or not somebody finds the joke funny, surely I'm not the only one who'd rather have games tell jokes instead of not telling them.

-Paul Acevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#5472 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

Can't believe I just paid full price for DLC on day 1. At least Doritos Crash Course was free to begin with.

#5473 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Director of Publishing/Marketing for Crafty Minor Too

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

No love in this thread today.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#5474 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

No love in this thread today.

this is what happens every time when there's no good dotw. We have nothing to hate on but our fellow man. It's sad :cry:

#5475 rapsodist

rapsodist

My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

The game has moments when it breaks the fourth wall by dismissing the very references it makes. I'm sorry I don't have the exact quote on me, but even in the demo there was a moment when the game said something to the effect of "yet another reference to ____" which shows to me quite clearly that the game's creator is holding this style of comedy in contempt all the while utilizing it. I think that you're misunderstanding me: I don't hate referential humor, but I hate when someone does it while trying to act like they're above it. It's like they're asking me not to laugh.

#5476 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

The game has moments when it breaks the fourth wall by dismissing the very references it makes. I'm sorry I don't have the exact quote on me, but even in the demo there was a moment when the game said something to the effect of "yet another reference to ____" which shows to me quite clearly that the game's creator is holding this style of comedy in contempt all the while utilizing it. I think that you're misunderstanding me: I don't hate referential humor, but I hate when someone does it while trying to act like they're above it. It's like they're asking me not to laugh.

Appreciate the response. Camre listed a pretty good example of what you're talking about... But I suppose we should drop it since a couple of negative Nancies went and got personal.

-Paul Acevedo

#5477 rapsodist

rapsodist

My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

Appreciate the response. Camre listed a pretty good example of what you're talking about... But I suppose we should drop it since a couple of negative Nancies went and got personal.

Sure thing, though I don't mind equanimous arguments and honest questions. Conversations inevitably bring in opinions, and more specifically, differences of opinions. There might not be a point to conversations otherwise!

#5478 Ltrain8765

Ltrain8765

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

this is what happens every time when there's no good dotw. We have nothing to hate on but our fellow man. It's sad :cry:

I LOVE YOU ALL... woops did I type that out loud?:-#

#5479 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

Haha. To be fair to MS, I don't think the deals this week are that bad. NFL Blitz and Diabolical Pitch for the first time, NBA Jam down to 600 MSP for the first time, and PQ Galactrix half off for the first time in the S&S app.

If we were guaranteed 3 "first-time" drops every week, I'd be in heaven.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#5480 mpaullin

mpaullin

Bow before my platinum trophy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

Speaking of Puzzle Quest.. these titles worth it? I was tempted to get them all, but I've read bad things about the space one.

#5481 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

Speaking of Puzzle Quest.. these titles worth it? I was tempted to get them all, but I've read bad things about the space one.

I played Challenge of the Warlords on my PSP and was hooked for a while. It's definitely a great puzzle series, but I don't think I'd play it on a TV.

#5482 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

Yes, 1 & 2 are good. Galactix did not click with me.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#5483 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

The original Puzzle Quest is great, one of my all-time favorites, but it can get annoyingly hard near the end on normal difficulty.

Something went wrong with Puzzle Quest 2 though. It's technically a very good game, if you get into it there's probably a good 100 hours of content there, but it never grabbed me like the first game.

I actually put more time into Puzzle Quest Galactrix than PQ2. The gameplay is different, but still enjoyable, and it feels more like the first Puzzle Quest. Again though, the AI can be extremely cheap, which made it less fun for me.

#5484 chipper_95

chipper_95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Haha. To be fair to MS, I don't think the deals this week are that bad. NFL Blitz and Diabolical Pitch for the first time, NBA Jam down to 600 MSP for the first time, and PQ Galactrix half off for the first time in the S&S app.

Speaking of which, you can now update the list you have in your signature! Thanks for putting that there by the way, it always interests me to see which games have never been put on sale. Have you ever considered going back further than 2010? I assume it would take forever to gather that data though (if its even available).

#5485 Ltrain8765

Ltrain8765

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

I love this title but can only play in short bursts. I find the game play ( puzzles) extremely repetitive. You have to do the same puzzle(s) to get to a location to just do the same puzzle once you get to your destination. I will finish it but it will be awhile. Curious if others feel this way-

#5486 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

Speaking of which, you can now update the list you have in your signature! Thanks for putting that there by the way, it always interests me to see which games have never been put on sale. Have you ever considered going back further than 2010? I assume it would take forever to gather that data though (if its even available).

I have considered it, but I probably won't go through with it. The reason I started the list in 2010 is because I got a 360 in September 2009 and starting paying attention to XBLA and DotW in early 2010. So I'm familiar with most of the games and sales that have occurred since then, and was able to put the vast majority of the list together based on memory. If I was to go back to 2009 and earlier, I'd basically have to consult xbldb.com for every game and it would take quite a bit longer.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#5487 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

I LOVE YOU ALL... woops did I type that out loud?:-#

:applause:I second the above statement.;)
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#5488 SangesTheLurker

SangesTheLurker

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

By forced to unpatch the game I meant that you have to do that to return to the game. It's not required but rather a way to resume your game instead of starting over.

Yeah, I got that.... You're hoping that "unpatching" will fix the glitch instead of starting a fresh game and getting back to the same point.

My point, initially, was that, if you had BOTH drm rights to yourself (your console AND your gamertag), you could theoretically just delete cache on your own system, reload your save *offline* and re-download the patch *after* the glitch area was solved.

Being that you don't have "original console" DRM on your own system then you can't play offline (which you know) and thus, whenever you load the game you'll either have to be online with your GT which will force the patch download, or else be stuck with a trial of the game (which I think you were pointing to saying you can't do and would have to take it to your brother's console). /Ramble

Phew. That was too much detail for such a simple, well-intentioned misunderstanding.

25u01gl.gif
I think I may have a problem...

#5489 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

NBA Jam down to 600 MSP for the first time...

Good catch. I was looking at XBLDB because I was so sure you'd gone crazy (crazier?), but you're right; it's the first time it's hit 600 MSP (50% off), while the other two markdowns were for 800 MSP (33% off). That might be enough to secure a purchase out of me, but I couldn't get into the demo the first go round and if I can't a second time, then why bother? Anyway, thank you for that. And I'll echo the "first-time" sentiment - if we were guaranteed that many fresh discounts a week, or at the very least one, I'd be much more excited for the Deal of the Week program.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

#5490 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

I don't see why MS doesn't do that. From an article I read today, MS already has a countdown for E3 2013. Wanna guess what their going to show? Get the most of the 360 now before the new console comes.