XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#5551 harry hood

harry hood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

Actually, I prefer to turn off the avatars and play with the normal football player models.

Here is some gameplay footage from some online 2 vs. 2 action last night:

Ugh, the movement looks stiff as hell. I guess you get what you pay for. I'll still try out the demo, but I have a better option in blitz the league II or APF2K8. I don't play madden

#5552 dcm1602

dcm1602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Anyone know if the dlc for dungeon defenders has ever gone on sale ?

Finally got some needed hardrive space, looking to add it

#5553 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

...Another issue I had was on kick offs the receiving teams defenders don't react until they have received the ball which lets you act like Bilbo Baggins with the One Ring and work you way unabated to the ball carrier.

I found this comparison hilarious, just thought you should know.:lol:
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#5554 SangesTheLurker

SangesTheLurker

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

Picked up 3 vs 3 NHL, it's... definitely something. It's basically the NES game aptly-named "ICE HOCKEY", which I logged many hours as a wee youngen.

If I could figure out what the trick is to scoring on the other team I would find it very enjoyable, but as it stands it's fun for a bit but in that "NO YOU DON'T, GET BACK HERE!" sort of way. I almost didn't bite since the demo is so very short that I couldn't grasp the controls and flow just replaying that one-minute over and over. And what's with a score-based game, no timed game modes? Unless I missed it.

So there's my 2c if anyone will take it.

25u01gl.gif
I think I may have a problem...

#5555 Bercelak

Bercelak

You are welcome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

Anyone know if the dlc for dungeon defenders has ever gone on sale ?

Finally got some needed hardrive space, looking to add it

As far as I know, the game itself has gone on sale before, but not its addons.

And the addons are 320pts each, so that's not bad....Otherwise, the dlc for DD has gone on sale for countless times on steam.
Chuck Norris won the 1983 world series of poker despite him holding just a joker, a 2 of clubs, a 7 of spades, and a green number 4 from Uno and a monopoly 'get out of jail free' card.

#5556 harry hood

harry hood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

Picked up 3 vs 3 NHL, it's... definitely something. It's basically the NES game aptly-named "ICE HOCKEY", which I logged many hours as a wee youngen.

If I could figure out what the trick is to scoring on the other team I would find it very enjoyable, but as it stands it's fun for a bit but in that "NO YOU DON'T, GET BACK HERE!" sort of way. I almost didn't bite since the demo is so very short that I couldn't grasp the controls and flow just replaying that one-minute over and over. And what's with a score-based game, no timed game modes? Unless I missed it.

So there's my 2c if anyone will take it.

Try using the analog stick controls if you don't already. Also, checking is a big part of the game. Really, just go for the hit, thats how you get the powerups. Hit them whenever, be cheap. As for scoring goals, you can usually get it on 2 on 1's. Aim your shots manually, the powerups help too, quickly passing helps.

If you can manage to get some friends involved, its where the game shines. That's when you can play illegal as hell, stock up on powerups, and score a ton of goals

#5557 mossfan563

mossfan563

CAG 'til I die!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

Decided to get NFL Blitz and Madden NFL Arcade. Been waiting a long time for those games to be on sale.
Posted Image

#5558 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

Shameless self promotion:

Spoiler

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#5559 wEEman33

wEEman33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

Blockey >>>>> 3 on 3 NHL arcade

#5560 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

The free trial version is now up for download if anyone was waiting to try the game before buying it:

http://marketplace.x...15-d80258550c7d

I've been playing all day today and it really is an amazing effort for an Indie game. They could have sold Avatar Football for $15 and I'd still get it.

It's OK for an indie game...but I just feel like there are so many better options out there, I don't know that there's much of a point to it. The only real edge I'd give it is the ability to share rosters and plays. But the gameplay just felt clunky to me. There were times when I thought I'd be past a player, and all of a sudden I was pulled down. Catching passes was also cumbersome. I think it's exactly what another poster said...the collision detection is just very loose.

Even with as many problems as the Tecmo Bowl rehash had, I'd still say it's a better game. And of the arcade football games currently on sale, I'd actually give the nod to Blitz. It's definitely watered down from the original, but it still feels like a pretty polished game with lots of potential for fun. Madden Arcade on the other hand feels largely pointless (and not to mention very outdated at this point). It should be getting the NHL 3 on 3 200 MSP treatment at this point.

#5561 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:46 AM

Anybody know if Major is still posting Deal of the Week. We missed 1 week (even though it was around Christmas he still had time to post everything else) and we did not get it last week, and still there were lots of other posts made by Major Nelson. So maybe he does not do it anymore.

#5562 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

Anybody know if Major is still posting Deal of the Week. We missed 1 week (even though it was around Christmas he still had time to post everything else) and we did not get it last week, and still there were lots of other posts made by Major Nelson. So maybe he does not do it anymore.

He probably still does. He used to be very inconsistent about posting it so don't sweat it if he goes a week or two or even a month without posting the DotW.

#5563 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:45 AM

He probably still does. He used to be very inconsistent about posting it so don't sweat it if he goes a week or two or even a month without posting the DotW.

Ok thanks, did not know that

#5564 sicsonic

sicsonic

100% Natural Good Time Family Band Solution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:02 AM

Blockey >>>>> 3 on 3 NHL arcade

do you write/for work at operation sports or something?

#5565 Mufasa47

Mufasa47

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

The last two tuesdays were holidays. new year's day and christmas. Nobody works on those days.

#5566 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

The last two tuesdays were holidays. new year's day and christmas. Nobody works on those days.

If you look at Majors blog and twitter clearly he was working and did not bother to put it up.
But as Chrono Gear said Major Nelson can be inconsistent in posting up Deal of Week.

#5567 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

You should write him tweets of unbridled rage critiquing his work ethic and demanding your DOTW updates.
:lol:

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

#5568 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

If you look at Majors blog and twitter clearly he was working and did not bother to put it up.
But as Chrono Gear said Major Nelson can be inconsistent in posting up Deal of Week.

Weeks and/or months at a time are nothing new to the inconsistency of DotW updates. Just chillax and enjoy your new box. Worst case scenario you find out yourself Tuesday morning.

In any case, at this time of year they want you to get tunnel vision on holiday deals and impulse buy everything. Its a sound strategy.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#5569 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Never tangle with the Best Friends Gang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

Here's a Tweet from him on January 2 saying it was his first day back in the office since before Christmas.

If you look at his blog, pretty much every update posted between his "out of office" time was just the daily sale update, which could have easily been prepared ahead of time and set to auto-publish on the blog.

The "Coming Soon to Xbox Live" post takes a lot more research and actual work than anything that he posted during his time off, plus you can add the fact that basically nothing released on Xbox Live from December 22-January 2 anyway, so there was really no reason to create the list anyway.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#5570 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

He can care less mostly now. The ms virus infected him awhile. He acted all god like major turn off long ago. Bring in a hot chick then i can see why men would praise him. MN never was cool or anything in my book except a lap dog for MS. My ungodly 2 Cents. :bouncy:

#5571 spid

spid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

Here's a Tweet from him on January 2 saying it was his first day back in the office since before Christmas.

If you look at his blog, pretty much every update posted between his "out of office" time was just the daily sale update, which could have easily been prepared ahead of time and set to auto-publish on the blog.

The "Coming Soon to Xbox Live" post takes a lot more research and actual work than anything that he posted during his time off, plus you can add the fact that basically nothing released on Xbox Live from December 22-January 2 anyway, so there was really no reason to create the list anyway.

You are correct. He explained on the podcast that he would be out of town and away from the internet. E was updating the blog while he was away.

#5572 flybrione

flybrione

Guitar Solo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

Just queued up Diabolical Pitch. Didn't even realize this was on sale. Glad I finally noticed.

#5573 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

Unfortunately I have more then enough points now and not during the Christmas sale. I might have picked up Dust and a few others. I won 1600 and then go the rest from that Best Buy deal of the day. What am I supposed to do with 4k points now? lol

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#5574 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

what am I supposed to do with 4k points now? lol

Buy horse armor for everyone here.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#5575 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

What am I supposed to do with 4k points now? lol

Pay to prestige a few times in Call of Duty, duh.

zantar45.jpg

#5576 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Never tangle with the Best Friends Gang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

I feel like I need to take a shower from just clicking on that link.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#5577 E.Nich

E.Nich

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

OMG, that's amazing, didn't know they were so professional about it :lol:

Good for them if they can do business out of playing a game they like (I guess they do not like it so much now , it must be tiresome doing it all day long, but at least they'll be paid).

#5578 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

Hey all ... the Xbox Rewards "fitness" promo was recently refreshed by Xbox Rewards to say "all addons for the list of games below", which now gives us a definite list of 800 MSP to spend, and where to spend 20 hours of gameplay. Regretfully, "Brain Challenge" and "Power Rangers Super Samurai" are no longer amongst the valid games, but at least the list is correct now. :lol:

Check out the Rewards wiki for more info ... http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=292253

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#5579 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:35 AM

OMG, that's amazing, didn't know they were so professional about it :lol:

Good for them if they can do business out of playing a game they like (I guess they do not like it so much now , it must be tiresome doing it all day long, but at least they'll be paid).

I bet they just get all the accounts together and boost for the ranks/Achievements.

#5580 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:51 AM

And you could get banned from Xbox Live (either directly or as reported by Activision) for boosting gamerscore, achievements, or other in-game progress.

-OR-

Have your identity stolen for giving your Xbox Live-affiliated email address & password to a 3rd-party.

-OR-

Have all your friends' identities scraped from your Xbox Live account.

-OR-

Find your Microsoft Points balance wiped to 0 MSP.

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!