• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#5641 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

Is the 2K sale all week?

And the online for Future Soldier is pretty much dead, especially for the dlc maps, but this sale could change that but I would be hesitant.

#5642 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Owns Every Hamster Game* on PSN

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

Well, if I was a betting man, I would have lost money. I was almost sure that Major Nelson would have had the "Coming Soon" post up today. Anyway, he just tweeted he'll have one up for next week.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#5643 crazylox2001

crazylox2001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

so is mafia going to be 19.99 or 9.99?

#5644 djsmf435

djsmf435

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

Why is Civ Rev still so high? -_-

#5645 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

Well, if I was a betting man, I would have lost money. I was almost sure that Major Nelson would have had the "Coming Soon" post up today. Anyway, he just tweeted he'll have one up for next week.

Right there with ya brother. Maybe he's on vacation with his hot super model girl friend? :lol:

#5646 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

Looks like I am going to pick up PB Winterbottom, Axel and Pixel and possibly the Ghost Recon: Raven Strike DLC (appears to be the only single player piece of DLC). Going to demo Pool Nation and Scarygirl.

My New Years Resolution should have been to play through my back log of XBLA titles.

TheVila.jpg
TheVila.png

#5647 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Right there with ya brother. Maybe he's on vacation with his hot super model girl friend? :lol:

He probably mistyped his last name too many times (transposed the "r" and "y") and locked up his account. ;)

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#5648 Monsta Mack

Monsta Mack

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

SCARYGIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Herp. Derp. Herp. (Edit: Scarygirl was never free. It was Haunt. Thanks dark_inchworm.)

Edited by Monsta Mack, 08 January 2013 - 06:38 PM.

#5649 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

Wasn't this free at one point in the Kinect app when the Kinect app was first launched? Could be wrong.

wat??

#5650 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

Wasn't this free at one point in the Kinect app when the Kinect app was first launched? Could be wrong.

You're thinking of Haunt, probably, which other than being "scary" isn't similar at all. But it's all good ;)

Is the 2K sale all week?

And the online for Future Soldier is pretty much dead, especially for the dlc maps, but this sale could change that but I would be hesitant.

Most sales do last all week (Tuesday to early the following Tuesday), so unless it's plainly stated otherwise somewhere, it seems like a safe assumption.

Sucks to hear about the Future Soldier MP - I rented the game a few weeks back and while I didn't get incredibly far in it, I thought the single-player experience was a blast. Different than what I'm used to, but fun! I hadn't played any of the Ghost Recon titles up to that point, neither the old ones on PC nor the newer iterations on 360. You know, for what it's worth.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#5651 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Sucks to hear about the Future Soldier MP - I rented the game a few weeks back and while I didn't get incredibly far in it, I thought the single-player experience was a blast. Different than what I'm used to, but fun! I hadn't played any of the Ghost Recon titles up to that point, neither the old ones on PC nor the newer iterations on 360. You know, for what it's worth.

Yeah, there was actually a movement on the official forums to make the DLC maps free, because the people who bought them couldn't play them

#5652 dabsac80

dabsac80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

I had the borderlands goty edition and still have all the dlc from the second disk on my hard drive will it work with the Games on demand version?

#5653 Monsta Mack

Monsta Mack

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

You're thinking of Haunt, probably, which other than being "scary" isn't similar at all. But it's all good ;)

Ah, that's it then.

#5654 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

I had the borderlands goty edition and still have all the dlc from the second disk on my hard drive will it work with the Games on demand version?

I dont see why not. Its downloaded so yeah

#5655 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

Yes. Its the same as if you had the disc in. Nothing changes.

I picked up BL the first time its GoD dropped to $13 early last year. Just grabbed BL2 GoD during the Holiday sale. These are games that MUST be ready to load up at my slightest whim from my HD at a moments notice.

apathy.gif

#5656 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

Axel & Pixel reminds me of this old computer game called The Neverhood. Is it anything like that?

#5657 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

It was a mistake in the OP. 1600/$19.99 is the sale price, unfortunately.

Sorry about that ... I assumed the game was $20 MSRP, since the Dashboard said "$10.00 off". It's been fixed this morning that I've sucked in all the info from Spylon's xbldb recent scrape, plus added a little more info about "Mafia II Director's Cut". I'll be happy to add Metacritic & Quick Look links later this week, unless others have the time to burn. :)

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#5658 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

Axel & Pixel reminds me of this old computer game called The Neverhood. Is it anything like that?

Actually, that's a very good analogy ... you perform "hunt & click" actions upon a single-screen, and once you've "unlocked" everything, you move to the next screen. There's 3 "action" sequences that are a little more arcade-like, but they'll only frustrate you if you're trying for a good score/outcome. On a scale of 1-5 (1=easy, 5=hard), I'd say the puzzles are around 3-4, so you'll definitely enjoy it more than other "hunt & click / hidden object" types of games.

Giant Bomb has a Quick Look here ... http://www.giantbomb...-pixel/17-1500/

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#5659 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

Cornelius beat me to it, but...

Yes, it's like The Neverhood in that it's a point and click adventure, basically

No, it's not like it in that it doesn't have characters, places, and music that perfectly balance eerie, adorable, and hilarious. (Though Axel & Pixel is cute and weird in its own way)

Now you make me wish The Neverhood would hit XBLA, but that franchise is probably at the very bottom of the barrel as far as Microsoft's priorities are concerned. That and I'm pretty sure they never owned any rights beyond publishing rights.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

#5660 godWhisperer

godWhisperer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

looks like Mafia 2 is $19.99. not sure if it's discounted to that price or if it's been that price but that's what i see on the marketplace.

#5661 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

looks like Mafia 2 is $19.99. not sure if it's discounted to that price or if it's been that price but that's what i see on the marketplace.

According to xbldb.com, Mafia 2 is normally 19.99, so I would hold off on buying it for now, $10 off should make it 9.99 for the sale.

I recommend the game though, very good game.

#5662 godWhisperer

godWhisperer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

thanks for the recommendation! i was going to get it for $9.99 but i guess i'll have to wait for that price point.

#5663 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

Noted in OP for both the GoD & "Jimmy's Vendetta" DLC.

Looks like I am going to pick up PB Winterbottom, Axel and Pixel and possibly the Ghost Recon: Raven Strike DLC (appears to be the only single player piece of DLC).

Good to know about "Raven Strike" ... added that info to the OP as well.

70109.png

#5664 wolverinefactor

wolverinefactor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

when was scarygirl on sale previously???

#5665 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

It hasn't been, it's only had a price drop from 1200 to 800

#5666 Bradisback

Bradisback

Pau hana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

It hasn't been, it's only had a price drop from 1200 to 800

It went onsale in the uk about a year ago.

#5667 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

It was on sale in the UK around Easter last year. North America didn't get that sale. I remember seeing the Arkham City DLC discounted during that sale as well and being disappointed when we didn't get it. I knew it was only a matter of time and sure enough we got ours recently.

#5668 jtron

jtron

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

Can anyone recommend the DLC for Bioshock 2?

#5669 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

Can anyone recommend the DLC for Bioshock 2?

From experience? No, not yet (still!). But the general consensus seems to be that Minerva's Den is an incredible single-player addition to the game. Can't really speak for the rest...

#5670 simmias

simmias

Don't believe his lies

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

From experience? No, not yet (still!). But the general consensus seems to be that Minerva's Den is an incredible single-player addition to the game. Can't really speak for the rest...

Minerva's Den is some of the best DLC I've ever played. Up there with ME2 Shadow Broker and most of the Bethesda stuff.

The rest of the DLC is kind of meh. More protection trials if you liked those, and lots of multiplayer if you're into that.