Photo
- - - - -

XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#5761 E.Nich

E.Nich

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

Rumble Roses XX went to GoD for $15. A little below the average eBay price, a rarity for GoD these days.

*fap fap fap*

Whoa! It has a TON of DLC costumes!! If they all were in the GoD I'd think about it, but I guess they aren't.

#5762 Ciffy

Ciffy

I like the pretty lights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

Those of you who have played borderlands 2, is the mechromancer pack worth it if I'm not planning on playing that class? I haven't started it yet, but looking at the skill trees, she just doesn't seem that interesting, but are the other bonuses in this pack worth it if I plan on playing through this. Loved the first borderlands, bought all the DLC and plan on buying all the DLC with cheeves this time around - just can't decide on this pack. I know DOTWs overlap, but is there a possibility this will still be on sale when next week's drops are announced / spotted?

#5763 Inf^Shini

Inf^Shini

is Han Cholo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

Those of you who have played borderlands 2, is the mechromancer pack worth it if I'm not planning on playing that class? I haven't started it yet, but looking at the skill trees, she just doesn't seem that interesting, but are the other bonuses in this pack worth it if I plan on playing through this. Loved the first borderlands, bought all the DLC and plan on buying all the DLC with cheeves this time around - just can't decide on this pack. I know DOTWs overlap, but is there a possibility this will still be on sale when next week's drops are announced / spotted?

If you don't plan on playing Gaige, then no. The extras are minimal as there's a steady supply of Shift codes for golden keys being put out, the rare relic doesn't really make much of a difference when farming, and the gearbox guns are easily replaceable out the gate.
The consensus around the Gearbox forums though is that Gaige is the most powerful class.

Posted Image

The face of a pleased man =D

#5764 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

Whoa! It has a TON of DLC costumes!! If they all were in the GoD I'd think about it, but I guess they aren't.

Also one of the hardest to 1000. This guy used a turbo controller/afk method and it still took him over 800 hours to complete.

http://www.xbox360ac...ead.php?t=88205

#5765 Polerand

Polerand

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

According to the developer via Twitter, Retro City Rampage is 33% off on XBLA, so it seems we can expect it to rise to 1200 at some point, a la Super Meat Boy.

#5766 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

"I'm all for butt stuff" -Munkywawa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

According to the developer via Twitter, Retro City Rampage is 33% off on XBLA, so it seems we can expect it to rise to 1200 at some point, a la Super Meat Boy.

Interesting. Here's his quote on Reddit:

The 800 MSP was a mistake and can be considered a sale as well. It's should be 1200 so expect it to go back up to the correct price.

Source

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#5767 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

ah shit if its going to 1200 I might buy it I really liked the game

#5768 E.Nich

E.Nich

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

Also one of the hardest to 1000. This guy used a turbo controller/afk method and it still took him over 800 hours to complete.

http://www.xbox360ac...ead.php?t=88205

Impresive, he played 843 hours to get all the achievements. That's truly dedication to complete a game.

Well, if the costumes that appear as single DLC's can be unlocked, although it demands such an insane amount of hours, I might get the game, eventually.

#5769 Roll

Roll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:13 AM

Is there anywhere I can find Bioshock 1 (physical or digital) for console for under $10? I know it's been this price a bunch of times before, but I might just buy it now seeing as I already have Bioshock 2 through PS+.

#5770 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:13 AM

Posted Image

I miss GoldenBoy! That was some good times!

Posted Image

#5771 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:20 AM

Is there anywhere I can find Bioshock 1 (physical or digital) for console for under $10? I know it's been this price a bunch of times before, but I might just buy it now seeing as I already have Bioshock 2 through PS+.

Used Xbox360 copy at BB is $10, if you can get it. Not sure about PS3.

#5772 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

Interesting. Here's his quote on Reddit:

Source

That's strange that they said it was a mistake. It seemed like they were just advertising it as a sale on their facebook page. I'm still going to have to wait for a 400-600msp sale on it though, since I already have it on PSN and have actually been playing it on my Vita.

EDIT: Does look like they say it's an error in the comments of the post though. Seems like confusing messaging to me.

#5773 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

... well, shit. Just might jump then.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#5774 sehpirot

sehpirot

where is it?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

It's official, the 2K sale removed Mafia 2 and Duke Nukem Forever from the list, so enjoy everything else.

#5775 Dustinator

Dustinator

Why hello.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:56 AM

Well that Retro City Rampage news sucks. Was banking on buying it during a DotW for 400 msp at 50% off. Played the demo and didn't seem worth 800 to me. But 1200???!! **** that yo. I got enough of a backlog

On that note, snatched up Swarm since last time 200 wasn't enough to sway me to pick up and throw it into the backlog. But 160 msp will!!!! :)

card.png

#5776 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:53 AM

Well that Retro City Rampage news sucks. Was banking on buying it during a DotW for 400 msp at 50% off. Played the demo and didn't seem worth 800 to me. But 1200???!! **** that yo. I got enough of a backlog

On that note, snatched up Swarm since last time 200 wasn't enough to sway me to pick up and throw it into the backlog. But 160 msp will!!!! :)

Yeah I "beat" it in 9 hours, rather fun with the occasional annoying controls but no way worth $15 for an arcade title. 800pts is about the right price for what offers and the perfect game for that 400pt sale.

#5777 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:03 AM

Impresive, he played 843 hours to get all the achievements. That's truly dedication to complete a game.

Not really since it was idle boosting. Discussion in the 360a achievement guide topic implies the time at less than half that (~250-300) if actually playing. That's still a lot of time, but not too bad if someone enjoys a game with a multiplayer or grinding / farming component. I'm sure I went well over 250 hours in Gears 2 and 3 (still quite a ways from Seriously 3.0), and am approaching 200 hours in Borderlands 2.

It's official, the 2K sale removed Mafia 2 and Duke Nukem Forever from the list, so enjoy everything else.

They dropped to $10 on the web site.

#5778 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:10 AM

800 hours is a drop in the bucket for me. When I finally broke free of my WoW addiction I had ~151 days on my main, ~75 on my second, and ~51 on my third, plus I'm sure another 30-50 days across my 4 other alts. 16 hour a day habit and I dual boxed and even tripled boxed for a while.

#5779 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:18 AM

That's why I never tried an MMO. Can't get addicted if you never start. Though handheld games, which I can play while watching TV, are another story. My Pokemon Platinum's clock maxed out at 999:59 a while ago and I'm sort of glad Animal Crossing : Wild World didn't track time played.

#5780 sehpirot

sehpirot

where is it?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:42 AM

They dropped to $10 on the web site.

You're right, and just check it on the dashboard, in the add doesn't show up, but if you search any of both games, does appear at discount.

BTW, Axel & Pixel, it's a good game?

#5781 otangz

otangz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

Glad to see Mafia 2 finally dropping to $10... Now I just have to decide between that and Borderlands.

#5782 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

800 hours is a drop in the bucket for me. When I finally broke free of my WoW addiction I had ~151 days on my main, ~75 on my second, and ~51 on my third, plus I'm sure another 30-50 days across my 4 other alts. 16 hour a day habit and I dual boxed and even tripled boxed for a while.

Are you independently wealthy?

#5783 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

Duke Nukem Forever is 50% off too now? but I don't want to pay more than $1 for that! lol and even that seems expensive =P

#5784 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Are you independently wealthy?

I wish. No, I found that if you stop sleeping you can get a lot more done each day. At the time I had a full and a part time job and went to school full time. I averaged 2-4 hours of sleep a night.

#5785 E.Nich

E.Nich

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

I wish. No, I found that if you stop sleeping you can get a lot more done each day. At the time I had a full and a part time job and went to school full time. I averaged 2-4 hours of sleep a night.

I would die like in a month if I did that. I need at least 6 hours of sleep.

#5786 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

I would die like in a month if I did that. I need at least 6 hours of sleep.

lol same here, except make that 6 an 8. :-(

#5787 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

Nice I got my Reward Points for last month. 100 for the Apocalyptic promo and 100 for my 2% rebate which seems high. I need to see if I actually spent that much last month. :)

#5788 ERROR SUCCESS

ERROR SUCCESS

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

Clearly you also teleported from job to job to class, had no reading or homework ever, pooped your pants, and ate while sleeping.

#5789 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

Clearly you also teleported from job to job to class, had no reading or homework ever, pooped your pants, and ate while sleeping.

I'd look into a restraining order on this fella Chrono, sounds like he knows you a little too well.

:-k

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#5790 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

Thank God I wasn't eating or drinking when I read this.