XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#5851 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

I just finished Axel & Pixel and it is well worth the 200 MSP. Takes about 3 hours to complete for 200/200 achievement points. The minigames are slightly annoying but they aren't to bad. One of the minigames reminded me alot of Trials HD.

Time to continue on my XBLA Backlog Spree. This weekend I have finished Anomaly: Warzone Earth, 3 on 3 NHL Arcade (the online surprisingly isn't dead) and Axel & Pixel. Next up is Beyond Good & Evil HD (already beat on the Gamecube) and Bionic Commando: Rearmed (likely will give up and skip this one).

TheVila.png

#5852 Bradisback

Bradisback

Pau hana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:50 AM

Wow, the thread title is out of date again.

Cornelius, you should create a new XBLA thread, just make it a wiki again, but that way you can edit the title right away so CAGs who just peruse the main deals thread don't miss things. You can also have access to the next few posts of the OP, that way everything doesn't necessarily have to be stuffed into the first post of the OP.

If you want, I'll do it, but I think it needs to be done.

Somebody needs to do it please!!

#5853 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:57 AM

Somebody needs to do it please!!

I'll do it tomorrow afternoon when I get some free time, unless someone wants to do it before then. I have a feeling that the copy/pasting of info from the OP isn't going to go super smoothly, so some formatting time will be required. I'll also get in contact with a mod to see about closing down this thread, that way we don't have 2 active ones at the same time.

If anyone has any objections or further suggestions please feel free to PM me or just post them here. I hope I'm not stepping over my bounds here, I just feel like this change would be useful to the CAG community. I know, for me personally, thread titles are super important when I'm browsing the deals forum.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#5854 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:02 AM

I just finished Axel & Pixel and it is well worth the 200 MSP. Takes about 3 hours to complete for 200/200 achievement points. The minigames are slightly annoying but they aren't to bad. One of the minigames reminded me alot of Trials HD.

I tried that one 50+ times and couldn't do it. I just gave up after that. Too bad because I liked the rest of the game and would have liked to finish it.

#5855 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:19 AM

If you're doing SP it helps to have someone who can draw fire from you, although Axton's turrets may be able to perform the same function, idk. I started as Axton but hated his voice...

Axton's turrets do create a distraction and draw fire. I am playing as him now and don't even notice the voice. Maybe I got used to it but it seems like you hear it only very infrequently and I couldn't even tell you what it sounds like. I guess everyone picks up on different details in different ways.

#5856 ERROR SUCCESS

ERROR SUCCESS

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:05 AM

Axton's legendary mod is sickhouse.

#5857 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

Axton's turrets do create a distraction and draw fire. I am playing as him now and don't even notice the voice. Maybe I got used to it but it seems like you hear it only very infrequently and I couldn't even tell you what it sounds like. I guess everyone picks up on different details in different ways.

Axton's voice isn't a problem for me ... but having an NPC (in this case Axton's turrets) are HUGELY enjoyable for the fact that once deployed ...
  • ... the turret will decimate everything in the proximity, leaving you free to run around & loot (saving time).
  • ... the turret will find enemies you never saw (behind you, in back of objects, in back of walls, etc)
  • ... the turret will SLAG everything in sight (once you hit level 30'ish), meaning your shots will do at least 2x damage, not to mention some environmental resistance goes down.
  • ... the turret will resurrect you from death within 5 seconds (usually less), as long as ANYTHING is within sensing/firing distance (and you deployed before health reaches "0").
  • ... the turret can fight 20 meters above you, or "infinite" below you, which is great for clearing ledges where you can't see the entire area (usually because it's above you).
  • ... (depending upon skill tree) the turret will stick to anything, including ceilings & out-of-reach sections, thus avoiding any melee attacks upon it.
  • ... (depending upon skill tree) the turret shoots both bullets & rockets (so enemies take direct & splash damage)
  • ... (depending upon skill tree) the turret can be deployed 2x during the same power-up period.
  • ... (depending upon skill tree) the turret can heal/shield you within its AoE.
  • ... (depending upon skill tree) the turret can be a nuke.
In my mind, characters with NPC's (so Axton & Gaige) are the easiest characters to play in single-player (and potentially the most fun), because you have a loyal buddy who will always have your back. The decision whether to buy the Mecromancer is an easy one ... do you want to have fun playing in a way that's different than Axton vs. the other 3, or do you only plan to play the game only once?

Oh, 1 more thing ... the turret doesn't complain that you're stealing all the loot. :lol:

P.S. Everyone noticed that the 360 version is only $30 this week at Best Buy, right? If so, that means you can 5 different character-type play-throughs if you buy the game plus the Mechromancer. I can't help you with the Season Pass, but you were already notified about that LOOOOOONG ago by many hard-working folks here. :D

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#5858 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

I'll do it tomorrow afternoon when I get some free time, unless someone wants to do it before then. I have a feeling that the copy/pasting of info from the OP isn't going to go super smoothly, so some formatting time will be required. I'll also get in contact with a mod to see about closing down this thread, that way we don't have 2 active ones at the same time.

If anyone has any objections or further suggestions please feel free to PM me or just post them here. I hope I'm not stepping over my bounds here, I just feel like this change would be useful to the CAG community. I know, for me personally, thread titles are super important when I'm browsing the deals forum.

I say wait for Corn Daddy to do it.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#5859 Sanges99

Sanges99

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck...?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

I THINK that add ons get updates on Monday... I think

They might, but I know that Rock Band dlc drops on Tuesdays... and in all honesty, I was probably being conservative by saying I only check for new drops twice a week, it's probably closer to 3-4. :-$

dude, that ZAMN avatar, awesome. i wish that game would come to xbla, perfect for online coop :(

I KNOW, RIGHT!? What kills me most is that it's available as a download for the Wii (whatever they call their downloads, it's been so long I've lost all notion by now).

Posted Image

#5860 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

dude, that ZAMN avatar, awesome. i wish that game would come to xbla, perfect for online coop :(

I KNOW, RIGHT!? What kills me most is that it's available as a download for the Wii (whatever they call their downloads, it's been so long I've lost all notion by now).

lol I noticed your Zombies Ate My Neighbors avatar too, I love that game, so much fun and personality.

I would love to see it on XBLA, redone for widescreen (but otherwise untouched).

#5861 SonicXtreme

SonicXtreme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

anyone thinking about buying EA 3 on 3 hockey should save their dollars and go buy NHL Hitz for xbox, it's sooooo much better, obviously no online play but one of the best local MP games ever made. alternatively if you like nba jam, you should check out nhl open ice for pc or ps1 if you have a ps3 or something, it's basically nba jam tournament edition on ice, even against the computer i never get tired of that game, i love it.

#5862 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

anyone thinking about buying EA 3 on 3 hockey ...

Clearly missed the boat, as that deal has been dead for a few days now :p

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#5863 Lonedragon87

Lonedragon87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

Bought joes adventure for mafia 2. Any thoughts on jimmys vendetta worth it? Is raven strike for ghost recon worth it for single player what does it add?

#5864 shinn

shinn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

Bought joes adventure for mafia 2. Any thoughts on jimmys vendetta worth it? Is raven strike for ghost recon worth it for single player what does it add?

the answer to your questions can be found on google by typing your questions into the search bar

#5865 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

So are the 2 200 MSP games worth buying?

#5866 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

New thread now up and running at the link below. Mod (Shrike) please close this thread when you get a chance. Thank you very much.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=336317

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#5867 wEEman33

wEEman33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:17 AM

anyone thinking about buying EA 3 on 3 hockey should save their dollars and go buy NHL Hitz for xbox, it's sooooo much better, obviously no online play but one of the best local MP games ever made. alternatively if you like nba jam, you should check out nhl open ice for pc or ps1 if you have a ps3 or something, it's basically nba jam tournament edition on ice, even against the computer i never get tired of that game, i love it.

NHL Hitz 20-03
NHL Open Ice
NHL Rock The Rink
Wayne Gretzky 3D Hockey
Blockey

Are all way better than that lackluster 3 vs. 3 game EA put out.

#5868 BUTTON_sMASHER

BUTTON_sMASHER

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

I'm seeing a Sleepydogs pic on the dashboard for sales and specials! Close to my fave game of 2012. It has one of the better premium themes too.