XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#1501 angelfly

angelfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

Bastion repetitive? Only if you think The Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past or Secret of Mana was repetitive. Its easily (IMHO) the best SINGLE PLAYER XBLA experience you can get atm. I really dont think anything will top it. Bastion and its DLC is a must buy for nearly everyone at half price (dlc is only 80 MSP).

Im gonna ask again because i cant find any concrete info... is BD1943 still active? Over at the gamefaqs message board the newest post is like June of this year with no responses :P I have Halo 4 now (love it) and CS:GO love it too but havnt booted it up since last Tuesday. Should I pick up BF1943? Its one I have always wanted to own, but if its not active its kind of a pointless buy for me.

Bastion was the first game on 360 I bothered to get all the achievements for. I loved it. As for BD1943 the PS3 community is still very active so I'd say it's a good sign that the 360 one is as well. You can also just download the demo and see for yourself.
Posted Image

#1502 Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

I was hoping for the 10th anniversary sale there would be a bunch of $10 games on demand.

#1503 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

is BD1943 still active? Over at the gamefaqs message board the newest post is like June of this year with no responses :P I have Halo 4 now (love it) and CS:GO love it too but havnt booted it up since last Tuesday. Should I pick up BF1943? Its one I have always wanted to own, but if its not active its kind of a pointless buy for me.

Finished the game just some months ago considering how long this game exists the online community is still strong with this one always had full games and no long wait to get in hum, I'd say it's safe to say, that it is one of those rare online arcade titles that don't die..

#1504 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

Bastion or PQ1 and Geometry Wars?

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#1505 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

Bastion IMO.

#1506 Juice el Savior

Juice el Savior

Urban Yeti

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

Okay, im downloading the demo now, didnt realize there was one (and me not using my head) i figured there wasnt one because its online only.

im assuming its an hours worth of gametime like CS:GO and MNC?

Bastion bro... Bastion! I really wish they would expand on The Kid and The Stranger... hell I just want more Bastion stuff

anyone got any opinions on Venetica?

fs_xbox.png

ach.png

Currently Playing: Halo 4, CS:GO (360), Skyrim, and Garou: MotW (360)

#1507 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

If you're passing on one of the best XBLA games ever at 600, what are you saving your points for?

Yeah, don't pass on Bastion for 600msp. It's a very good XBLA game, not in my personal top 20 or anything, but still good.

Hmm, looks like Kung Fu Strike is gone from xbox marketplace. Any info if this is delisted?

That sucks. Game looked like garbage but delistings always suck.

PQ1 then Bastion than Geometry Wars 2 (just pass on Geometry Wars 1 unless you LOVE GW2, which is better in pretty much every conceivable way).

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#1508 Juice el Savior

Juice el Savior

Urban Yeti

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

Yeah, don't pass on Bastion for 600msp. It's a very good XBLA game, not in my personal top 20 or anything, but still good.

That sucks. Game looked like garbage but delistings always suck.

PQ1 then Bastion than Geometry Wars 2 (just pass on Geometry Wars 1 unless you LOVE GW2, which is better in pretty much every conceivable way).

Tyler... is that Coach McGurk (sp?)

I miss Home Movies!

fs_xbox.png

ach.png

#1509 sweatysides

sweatysides

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

LoL YOU'RE pissed? It's a celebration of the anniversary of the xbox service and they give away a title that is essentially useless for a lot of the actual gamer type people that supported their system at launch but never wanted their "flail yourself around in front of this camera thing" peripheral.

Hey people got something, good for them. No reason to get too upset.

I admit, i was a little "hot n' bothered" this morning, and when all is said and done, your right. Everybody gets to play it now (and i do enjoy it for the 400MSP i paid), and it IS a celebration after all. Im just going to save my points primarily for sales now.

#1510 E.Nich

E.Nich

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

Loved Bastion too, completed all the challenges (for the achievement you don't need to do them all) and the dreams.

Also, it has a very unique way of rising the difficulty (calling Gods in the temple), so you can sort of personalize your play.

#1511 VideoGamesIzFun

VideoGamesIzFun

Legalize it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

I also think it's Fuck that the we get one free game and it's a Kinect game. Seriously who bought the Kinect?? Who still buys Kinect games?? I thought for sure every kinect game would be free or in the bargain bin by now. I would have got a kinect if it was anything more then a Wii attachment. It's not and now there is a good chance we are going to have kinect sensor built into the next gen console, reason enough for me to not buy one.

Also these anniversary deals sucks, I already got most of them but why not 75% off??? These games are old and have all been 50% off before. I will grab Wreckateer for the off chance I get a Kinect in the future.

#1512 hufferstl

hufferstl

Get your symbols kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

VideogamesIzFun - Why not 90% off, right?

The old bridge used to be called the new bridge.

card.png

#1513 CDiablo

CDiablo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

I also think it's Fuck that the we get one free game and it's a Kinect game. Seriously who bought the Kinect?? Who still buys Kinect games?? I thought for sure every kinect game would be free or in the bargain bin by now. I would have got a kinect if it was anything more then a Wii attachment. It's not and now there is a good chance we are going to have kinect sensor built into the next gen console, reason enough for me to not buy one.

Also these anniversary deals sucks, I already got most of them but why not 75% off??? These games are old and have all been 50% off before. I will grab Wreckateer for the off chance I get a Kinect in the future.

I think you are smart enough to know that promos like this are used to entice people to buy Kinect. Hell I will once I find it in the $20 range.I do wish they used this 10th anniversary to give price drops and discounts to games that have been on here since the inception of XBLA and have seen no drops whatsoever.

#1514 wirechild

wirechild

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

Damn you Microsoft, we deserve all of those games to be free. It isn't fair you mean greedy company...................... :roll:

My family really enjoys the kinect and have a few games we enjoy playing together. While it isn't for everyone, the lazy types, it has sold well and the games are making better use of it. I love the integration of voice commands...

I already own every game I want on the list, but I do applaud Microsoft for giving us something.

#1515 VideoGamesIzFun

VideoGamesIzFun

Legalize it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

Damn you Microsoft, we deserve all of those games to be free. It isn't fair you mean greedy company...................... :roll:

My family really enjoys the kinect and have a few games we enjoy playing together. While it isn't for everyone, the lazy types, it has sold well and the games are making better use of it. I love the integration of voice commands...

I already own every game I want on the list, but I do applaud Microsoft for giving us something.

IMO a free piece of crap is still a piece of crap.

I'm not saying people can't enjoy the Kinect, my view on it has always been if I wanted to buy a Wii, I would buy a Wii. Which at this point is a waaaay better deal then a Kinect and the sensor works much better. I dunno about you but I've been giving M$ $50+ a year (for years) and all I get in return is some shitty Doritos games (which I would get free either way).

#1516 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

The 10th anniversary celebration is a bit disappointing. The free game was deliberately made a Kinect game when not everybody has it, so that's more like Kinect marketing to celebrate Xbox Live and all of the people that made it a success over the years. The deals are good for what they are, but they're old/good enough that I have all of the non-Kinect games while Full House Poker's demo gave me more than enough content to satiate my desire for a poker game.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#1517 harry hood

harry hood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

Got a message on Live for a free 10 year avatar helmet, since I was identified as an elite Live member, or whatever.

#1518 wirechild

wirechild

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

I dunno about you but I've been giving M$ $50+ a year (for years) and all I get in return is some shitty Doritos games (which I would get free either way).

If you are referring to the cost of Gold, I have never paid $50+ a year. I think $40 is the most I have paid and it came with free MSP...

I would simply say that you are better off to stop paying them and move on rather then get upset/angry and venting on a random forum that they will never read.

I choose to support them as I enjoy their service and feel I get more than my moneys worth.

Life is too short, you need to enjoy it while you are here!

#1519 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

We'll, I bought Dance Central 3 (after having DC1 and DC2) so I guess I'm one person still buying Kinect games. :) Grabbed my free copy of Wreckateer earlier. I actually had a lot of problems with the demo of this game which is why I never bought it, and I'm anxious to see if that has cleared up. I mean it was not working right at all, unlike Dance Central and other games. Hopefully that was just a fluke and I won't see the problems now.

Crunchewy.png

#1520 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

there is a 10th anniversary for xbox live and they are giving away an xbox. Ok sounds good except that it is only for America. rest of world misses out again.

#1521 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

Bastion is massively overrated - the narrator shtick is old after 30 minutes and there was almost no reason for me to deviate from the mallet/musket combo even with the difficulty cranked - but I'd say it's probably the best deal you're going to find in the 10th anniversary sale, perhaps second to Castle Crashers. And both games sure are purdy.

It sucks that I have everything on sale, but hey, free Wreckateer! That makes up for the Haunt burn earlier this year.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

#1522 ianoid

ianoid

5me77i.us!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

Love me some Carcassone and Catan. Catan makes me sad since there are hardly any players online and they tend to drop out when they are losing.
Posted Image

#1523 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

I'm interested in playing some matches of Catan with some other CAGs. Only thing in the 10th anniversary sale I am tempted by that I don't already have is Battlefield 1943 but with Battlefield 3, Halo 4 and Black Ops 2, do I really need another shooter?

TheVila.png

#1524 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

IMO a free piece of crap is still a piece of crap.

I'm not saying people can't enjoy the Kinect, my view on it has always been if I wanted to buy a Wii, I would buy a Wii. Which at this point is a waaaay better deal then a Kinect and the sensor works much better. I dunno about you but I've been giving M$ $50+ a year (for years) and all I get in return is some shitty Doritos games (which I would get free either way).

I guess it's much easier to label something you don't "think" you'll like as crap, just to make yourself feel better about not owning it. I don't know if you've actually used Kinect before. It's nothing like the Wii mote. Although the library of stellar Kinect titles is somewhat lacking, there are several good titles out there.....including Wreckateer.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#1525 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:35 PM

I'm interested in playing some matches of Catan with some other CAGs. Only thing in the 10th anniversary sale I am tempted by that I don't already have is Battlefield 1943 but with Battlefield 3, Halo 4 and Black Ops 2, do I really need another shooter?

No, unless you're really itching to play another shooter. BTW It's a easy 200/200 for us achievement whores.

#1526 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

I agree with the Bastion is repetitive camp. It's a cute game but one that wore out its welcome very quickly.

Oh yeah, that was you. Damn outlier opinion. :P

Hey, I liked Kung Fu Strike too. Bite me. :P
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#1527 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

I guess it's much easier to label something you don't "think" you'll like as crap, just to make yourself feel better about not owning it. I don't know if you've actually used Kinect before. It's nothing like the Wii mote. Although the library of stellar Kinect titles is somewhat lacking, there are several good titles out there.....including Wreckateer.

I don't always agree with you, but when I do, it's because you're Winning.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

#1528 Juice el Savior

Juice el Savior

Urban Yeti

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:33 AM

I really cant believe of all of this butthurt over these deals and wreckateer being free... im usually the one complaining once a week about the crappy deals too.

Im not gonna stick up for Bastion anymore, like i said before, its about as repetitive as a Legend of Zelda title is and I dont think thats opinion really...

Played BF1943 a bit, then it came to me... why? I am struggling to find time to play some matches of CS:GO as it is while Halo 4 rules my 360 right now. The multiplayer is everything I personally want for online play. The community isnt bad... yet. I dont know. Ill pick up BF1943 if some of my friends do, but i have ran it by 3 of my buddies locally that play on the reg with me in CS and H4 and none of them are really too interested :P

If you dont have Castle Crashers yet get it, but that can be said about all of the games on the list really. Im in for PQ1 this week, nothing on the Anny Sale, and no that doesnt bother me. Its not even something they HAD to do. They dont have to do the DotW really, but i would certainly hope that we would get a cpl weeks notice before that gets canned... (Knock on wood, i honestly am predicting all sales to be done through the S&S app within the next 6 months.)

I guess im done rambling, im gonna go play some Halo 4 now and set up Wreckateer to download so i can have access to it if i ever decide to get a kinect. Sweet deal if you ask me.

One hypothetical i guess... Your a 360 owner, and you dont have a PS3, but when you pick up a reserved game for your 360 gamestop gives you a free PS3 as part of a promotion. Are you really going to be mad? Wouldnt you hold onto it, add it to your backlog, and play it when the PS3 drops in price? I mean... we are all CAGs here right? Or am I missing something?

fs_xbox.png

ach.png

#1529 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

Bastion is massively overrated - the narrator shtick is old after 30 minutes and there was almost no reason for me to deviate from the mallet/musket combo even with the difficulty cranked.

Wow. I couldn't disagree more. Bastion is fantastic in every aspect; gameplay, story, visuals, and OMG that soundtrack. It's worth every penny.

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#1530 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

Wow. I couldn't disagree more. Bastion is fantastic in every aspect; gameplay, story, visuals, and OMG that soundtrack. It's worth every penny.

If you hadn't selectively quoted my post, you would see that I still think it's a worthwhile purchase, at least on sale at 600 points. I just don't think it's the end-all be-all game that so many seem to think it is. The hype seems to blow it up to a 9.5 game but it plays to me like an 8.0 title. But unlike some poo nuggets swirling around the gaming community, I think 8.0 is a great score.

One hypothetical i guess... Your a 360 owner, and you dont have a PS3, but when you pick up a reserved game for your 360 gamestop gives you a free PS3 game as part of a promotion. Are you really going to be mad? Wouldnt you hold onto it, add it to your backlog, and play it when the PS3 drops in price? I mean... we are all CAGs here right? Or am I missing something?

I filled in a word I'm pretty sure you missed :p I'd say the majority of us would be able to appreciate an offer like that. Much of the annoyance surrounding Wreckateer being free probably stems from the fact that it was discounted as recently as within the last month, so many of the people here that jumped then are feeling the burn, with Microsoft unlikely to soothe it. Those complaining about it being a Kinect game, or a low-quality game, or whatever else... I don't really have anything to say other than throwing "free is free" in their faces.