XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#1531 Torik_Shai

Torik_Shai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:53 AM

Wow. I couldn't disagree more. Bastion is fantastic in every aspect; gameplay, story, visuals, and OMG that soundtrack. It's worth every penny.

I'm with you. I loved every moment of that game. And I listen to the soundtrack in my car all the time. I guess it's just not for everyone.

#1532 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:22 AM

I do NOT understand this Bastion love affair and never will.

#1533 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:25 AM

Bastion is fantastic in every aspect; gameplay, story, visuals, and OMG that soundtrack. It's worth every penny.

+1 :lol:

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#1534 PlowK1NG

PlowK1NG

Banned from MSstore.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:33 AM

BF1943 is one of my favorite online shooters. Very easy to pick up and play.

#1535 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:16 AM

Just got an email from xbox rewards about the 10 years. It thanked me and said I am among the most loyal members and they would be nowhere without my help, and they did not get me give me anything.
I hear people getting emails from them and getting stuff, but i get an email like that and i get nothing.

#1536 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:30 AM

+1, Mr. Wright.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#1537 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:34 AM

Love me some Carcassone and Catan. Catan makes me sad since there are hardly any players online and they tend to drop out when they are losing.

No penalty for dropping out?

I might have to go with carcassone then

#1538 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:40 AM

No penalty for dropping out?

I might have to go with carcassone then

*wags finger scornfully*

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#1539 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:06 AM

Space Marine DLC is half off for unknown reason? hum

#1540 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:28 AM

Just got an email from xbox rewards about the 10 years. It thanked me and said I am among the most loyal members and they would be nowhere without my help, and they did not get me give me anything.
I hear people getting emails from them and getting stuff, but i get an email like that and i get nothing.

The people who have received stuff got the same email not specifically saying they were gonna get anything. So you still got a chance at something. How about a 10-year Anniversary faceplate?
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#1541 Chihuahua Dad

Chihuahua Dad

Patriots fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:34 AM

Hear Hear! I tried to like Bastion... meh.

Wreckateer for free? Sure, give me incentive to dust off the Kinect and get off the couch.

#1542 MRGx

MRGx

Batman > *

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:53 AM

is the Sales app not loading for anyone else? it says something about files missing and I redownloaded it and no go, hm..

#1543 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:03 AM

The people who have received stuff got the same email not specifically saying they were gonna get anything. So you still got a chance at something. How about a 10-year Anniversary faceplate?

ok then.
i was not complaining , just thought it was weird getting this email praising me and all that and that was it.

#1544 Juice el Savior

Juice el Savior

Urban Yeti

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:03 AM

is the Sales app not loading for anyone else? it says something about files missing and I redownloaded it and no go, hm..

me too all day

fs_xbox.png

ach.png

Currently Playing: Halo 4, CS:GO (360), Skyrim, and Garou: MotW (360)

#1545 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:30 AM

Oh Puzzle Quest. I turn you on and suddenly 3 hours have magically disappeared.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1546 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:49 AM

The only reason I would tell you NOT to pick up "Bastion" this week is because it is an unbelievably beautiful game from a very small team of not-particularly-wealthy developers. My suggestion is to buy it now, and then give another $5 directly to Supergiant Games (so they don't have to split that cash with Microsoft). "Bastion" is about as good a game- not an XBLA game, any game- as you're likely to find. It's fun, it's well-designed, it's interesting, it's sad, it's exciting, and it's worth paying full-price for. Not that a million people or so haven't said the exact same thing, and not that you're going to trust some random stranger on CAG, but those are my two cents.

I appreciated your two cents, thanks for the input. I pulled the trigger on the game soon after originally posting. Hopefully others did too so the developers see at least a bit of scratch from the sale. I am really looking forward to playing it.:)
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#1547 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

you even call yourself "xbox man"

you deserve better

#1548 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

me too all day

Glad I'm not the only one.

575x144_2-1.jpg
2011 Completed Games - 36 Games 2012 Completed Games - 29 Games 2013 Completed Games - 14... But it was more than that, I just stopped keeping track. 2014 Completed Games - ???
mfc80x15.png
I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement.

#1549 shinn

shinn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:08 AM

i also recieved a email thanking me blah blah blah but no gift.. Fuck yall microsoft glad im switching to ps3

#1550 Fear No Darkness

Fear No Darkness

So say we all!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

Well, I sure as hell did NOT understand all the fapping to Guardian Heroes on here.

Played the demo on release and didn't enjoy it and then deleted it, downloaded and then played it AGAIN when it went on sale because of all of the hype in here thinking just maybe I missed something, nope, and deleted it again. Since it was almost unanimously loved in here I expect to receive flak for that and I don't care. I don't see what was so special about it.

I bought Bastion the first time it went on sale and it was the only time I ever I actually felt bad about not giving the developer the full price because the games quality deserves it. It's worth 600 JUST for its god-tier soundtrack.

Opinions.

P.S. In for the Wreckateer for free because why not?

How many fanboys does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

10, 1 to do it & 9 to complain how much better the 1st one was.

#1551 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

Well, I sure as hell did NOT understand all the fapping to Guardian Heroes on here.

Played the demo on release and didn't enjoy it and then deleted it, downloaded and then played it AGAIN when it went on sale because of all of the hype in here thinking just maybe I missed something, nope, and deleted it again. Since it was almost unanimously loved in here I expect to receive flak for that and I don't care. I don't see what was so special about it.

I bought Bastion the first time it went on sale and it was the only time I ever I actually felt bad about not giving the developer the full price because the games quality deserves it. It's worth 600 JUST for its god-tier soundtrack.

Opinions.

P.S. In for the Wreckateer for free because why not?

Hey, I really like Guardian Heroes and I'd be the first to tell you that it's weird as hell and if it doesn't click with you in the first couple of levels it never will.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#1552 chopper

chopper

The King Of Pancakes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

Oh Puzzle Quest. I turn you on and suddenly 3 hours have magically disappeared.

Heh, I'm experiencing the exact same thing with Puzzle Quest.

I did notice one of the achievements requires you to win a match online.... and online is completely dead. Anyone want to help me out? Obviously, I will return the favor so you can get the achievement as well.

#1553 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

I did notice one of the achievements requires you to win a match online.... and online is completely dead. Anyone want to help me out? Obviously, I will return the favor so you can get the achievement as well.

I can help out later.

#1554 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

I'll help. I think I need it too. Either way, should only take a couple of minutes.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#1555 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

Shit, there are so many online achievements I need, I should probably find a game hoarding BFF.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#1556 guessed

guessed

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

Love me some Carcassone and Catan. Catan makes me sad since there are hardly any players online and they tend to drop out when they are losing.

So, pass on Catan? I haven't bought any XBLA games in a while, considering Magic (which is better, if I get 2012, is there a point to getting the original?), Catan, maybe Bastion (I need to check gameplay videos, I don't know much about it), and I Am Alive next week.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#1557 WTPolaris

WTPolaris

Atypically Typical

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

So, pass on Catan? I haven't bought any XBLA games in a while, considering Magic (which is better, if I get 2012, is there a point to getting the original?), Catan, maybe Bastion (I need to check gameplay videos, I don't know much about it), and I Am Alive next week.

The only thing that was missing from Magic 2012 from the original that I really missed was the removal of the two headed giant co op campaign. It was replaced with a 3v1 campaign which kinda makes up for it but doesnt feel nearly as fun due to you having to have a computer player with you on your team to make it work. I really liked the 2v2 campaign in the original since it was a lot of fun couch co-op.

#1558 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

So, pass on Catan?...

I still tout Catan as a solid pickup for fans of tabletop strategy. I haven't played online in a few months due to allowing my Gold account to lapse but I never had trouble finding people to play Catan online with before that. I played it online VERY frequently in the spring and summer of this year and found online players regularly. I should mention that many players were playing in the ranked games as opposed to the casual ones, the achievements influence this I'm sure. Also, the game has an international following so I often found myself playing with users from Europe and Australia. This was nice as it allowed play at all times of day and night. In addition, there may be a minor influx of online players as a result of it being on sale. The game is still pretty good solo as well, playing against three hard AI can yield a decent challenge.
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#1559 irafreak

irafreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

Went ahead and picked up the original Magic the gathering. Feels faster paced than number 2 (maybe it's just the music) and it seemed like there were different cards (I've unlocked almost all of them in 2012).

Debating on puzzle quest 2...definitely getting 1 as I've been waiting a while.

May get Catan as I passed last time due to low points but did enjoy it.

#1560 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

I'm surprised how much people still playing Battlefield 1943. Trial version was tons of fun and bought the game. :)