XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#1561 sweatysides

sweatysides

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

Battlefield 1943 is in my personal opinion #1 on my short list of best Multiplayer XBLA games. Your a fool to pass up this deal that i proudly paid full price for.

BTW i scooped up Bastion, Puzzle Quest 1, and some RB/GH/DJH dlc, i own most of everything else as i suppose you all do as well.

#1562 Whedon

Whedon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

Really enjoying Catan and Carcassonne. Haven't had to wait more than 3 or 4 minutes for a multi player game but I'm terrible at them so mostly just doing single player for now, still really fun.

#1563 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

Debating on puzzle quest 2...definitely getting 1 as I've been waiting a while.

GET IT!!!!

Fantastic game and WELL worth the money and I even paid full price the day it dropped. Love this series and wish they either do another one or more expansions.

:applause:

#1564 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

Looks like the Sega Model 2 fighting games (Fighting Vipers, Virtua Fighter 2, & Sonic The Fighters) have lowered in price, as they're now priced at 400 MSP each. Plus they'll be out in Japan on Nov. 28th, so there's a chance that'll be the US release as well.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1565 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:38 AM

Looks like the Sega Model 2 fighting games (Fighting Vipers, Virtua Fighter 2, & Sonic The Fighters) have lowered in price, as they're now priced at 400 MSP each. Plus they'll be out in Japan on Nov. 28th, so there's a chance that'll be the US release as well.

Interesting. Sonic Fighters may be a day one purchase for me now. I know its the one everyone is least excited by, but personally its the only one of the bunch I care about.

apathy.gif                                                                                                                                     NothingfaceICON1.gif

#1566 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

So glad Sega is releasing the model 2 stuff at $5, I'll buy all of them to troll online and get achievements.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#1567 johaas

johaas

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:03 AM

I tried to resist, but Puzzle Quest gave me those puppy dog eyes. Brings back so many great memories from when I played the crap out of it on my PSP. I bought Puzzle Quest 2 on day one, but it just didn't grab me like the original.

#1568 wEEman33

wEEman33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:53 AM

For those interested in XBLA Catan, I highly recommend getting the actual board game instead.

It is much more fun to play on a real board and in person with people than on the XBLA version.

#1569 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:23 AM

Puzzle Quest broke my will and I bit on the DLC. I didn't care so much about the additional quests, but for four new classes I couldn't resist.

I love this game so much.

apathy.gif                                                                                                                                     NothingfaceICON1.gif

#1570 SonicXtreme

SonicXtreme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:45 AM

the model 2 collection imo, is lame. the reason being, fighters megamix takes the best parts of all those 3 games and blends it into what i consider the best 3d fighting game of all time. So either i buy those 3 games, and get annoyed FM never gets released, or avoid them, and hope it does. i don't like buying digital games that become pointless eventually (personally, i liked those 3 games when they were new, but when FM came out i had no reason to play them again, wouldn't be any different with a rerelease) since you can't sell them, so i'll just sit on the sidelines and hope FM is next in line. it's not the most balanced game ever but damn did it have a cast and a fighting style that was fun and accessible. i mean, i like sonics characters better but sonic the fighters just did not play well at all when i played it, but to each his own.

VF2 was great when it came out but i'm bad enough at VF5 online, i can't imagine how good the japanese players online are going to be that have been playing it for 20 years lol it'll be marvel vs capcom 2 online matches all over again

#1571 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Next Gen Calibrations

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:20 AM

Sonic Fighters at 400 points is a insta-purchase, but it may also mean a purchase for the other two as well. At anything more than that, I definitely would've passed, but dang if 400 isn't the impulse purchase point for me on XBLA games, especially with those easy achievements.

mass_effect_n7_training_program_custom_lChubbyNinja1319.png

~<{   Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition  }>~

#1572 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:13 AM

Major Nelson seems to confirm some type of Black Friday deals for next week in the comments of this thread. :)

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: Fable Anniversary Review

#1573 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:55 AM

I ended up getting both Puzzle Quest games for the convenience of playing in bed. I already own all of the 10th anniversary games including Wreckateer since I also bought it for $5 recently. Getting the free 10th anniversary avatar helmet softened the blow somehow. Hopefully the Black Friday sale is good.

#1574 Dustinator

Dustinator

Why hello.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:44 AM

Major Nelson seems to confirm some type of Black Friday deals for next week in the comments of this thread. :)

thanks for posting the link. But honestly, I don't get why the Major would post a deal on Dance Central 3 at Best Buy for $30 when it's $15 at Walmart. Hell, a simple google search would produce that it's cheaper there. Makes you wonder if MS has some kinda deal with BB or if they're just lazy. Prolly lazy and just didn't do research).

Glad Wreckateer is free. Snagged it just now and super happy I didn't get it for 400 msp two weeks ago lol You so crazy Crazy Larry :lol:

card.png

#1575 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

I'm really hoping for an HD remake of Fighters Megamix to be considered... i think it's my most played 3D brawler ever, if you exclude Tobal 2's Quest Mode...
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#1576 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

Thought i would get the Wreckateer for my brother on his xbox but it is no longer free. Did not seem like it was 48 hours.

#1577 BigPopov

BigPopov

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

Sucks to be you. Next time strike while the iron's hot.

And I always liked FV/VF2 individually better than Megamix. They both had their own playstyles and balance, Megamix just went and screwed a lot of it up. It was a fun party game but for a couple of people that I played competitively, we generally stuck with VF2 in the Saturn days.

Hopefully the conversion to Model 2 and others is cheap/easy and the sales are enough so we'll see more. SEGA stll has a lot of old arcade games that never saw proper releases. Scud Race / Golden Axe 2 please!

#1578 Sanges99

Sanges99

And Ya Know That's Right

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

For those interested in XBLA Catan, I highly recommend getting the actual board game instead.

It is much more fun to play on a real board and in person with people than on the XBLA version.

Yeah... but you see, not everyone has a schedule that works well to accommodate a three-hour game session with live-people that also all have that amount of time to specifically set aside (that includes real-life setup time and takedown) ...and there's the fact that some of us just don't have real-life friends. :-# womp womp

In those situations, you settle for a decent XBL game (with a terrible interface) that's a lackluster port of a real-life tabletop game.
25u01gl.gif

!!! CAG DISTRESS SIGNAL !!!
Fellow CAGs hear my desperate plea! I started a GoFundMe to help cover emergency vet bills,
please see
the link for details. Even donating a dollar would be a help to pay my massive debt.

#1579 airco

airco

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

Too bad I missed out on Wreckateer, but it's not like I'll ever buy a Kinect anyway.

The Model 2 collection sounds cool, but I'm mostly interested in the Virtual On port. I love OT, but the lack of split screen kills it for me, and I'd buy the original if Sega rectified such a grievous oversight in a newer port.

#1580 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

I know this a question out of the blue but did microsoft give the 400 points for the summer of arcade promotion? I never noticed.

#1581 Shifty Effect

Shifty Effect

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

I do NOT understand this Bastion love affair and never will.

And thats okay.

For me I thought it seemed a worth while sale purchase (different sale 600msp) after playing the trial. Loved the art design, the charming narrator, memorable music. It's somewhat repetitive, but I've played "better" games that were much more repetitive. The story picks up after a while and really got me engaged until the end. Felt like I found a gem, totally worth it IMO.

#1582 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:28 AM

I know this a question out of the blue but did microsoft give the 400 points for the summer of arcade promotion? I never noticed.

As long as you PURCHASED 3 games yes..if you redeemed a code for them then...no...sadly..

#1583 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

The Model 2 collection sounds cool, but I'm mostly interested in the Virtual On port. I love OT, but the lack of split screen kills it for me, and I'd buy the original if Sega rectified such a grievous oversight in a newer port.

Why then, you should pick up Virtual On Force from some place like Play-Asia. It even has 4-player split-screen and pretty much all the content from VO and VO: OT.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#1584 johnpap

johnpap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

...and there's the fact that some of us just don't have real-life friends. :-# womp womp

or those real life friends don't care about that kind of games and those who care are miles away to play irl...

I usually play online with complete strangers or people I know for years online, just because my rl friends simply don't care about games or have another console (the majority of them own a PS3.... argh).

#1585 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:47 AM

Why then, you should pick up Virtual On Force from some place like Play-Asia. It even has 4-player split-screen and pretty much all the content from VO and VO: OT.

Virtual On needs more love imo.

#1586 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

Virtual On needs more love imo.

I do NOT understand this Virtual On love affair and never will.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#1587 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

I do NOT understand this Virtual On love affair and never will.

It's because chicks dig giant robots.

card.png

#1588 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

It's because chicks dig giant robots.

Easily one of the greatest toons ever made. :bouncy:

#1589 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

I will never understand the love affair for that awesome show!

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#1590 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

I never even heard of this show until now, I assume it had a very short run.
If so, did it reach a conclusion or just end abruptly? Also, is it worth checking out?
-Trying to think of something creative.-