XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#1591 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

I picked up Puzzle Quest 1 and 2 and I'm tempted to pick up all the other puzzles on sale as well as Full House Poker. Out of the two Magics, Carcassonne, Puzzle Fighter HD, Catan, which are the best to pick up? Are there any I should just flat out avoid?

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1592 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

Fuck didnt know Wreckateer was gonna end early, oh well.

#1593 MagmaOasis

MagmaOasis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

I never even heard of this show until now, I assume it had a very short run.
If so, did it reach a conclusion or just end abruptly? Also, is it worth checking out?

26 episodes, DEF worth checking out.

#1594 E.Nich

E.Nich

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:59 AM

Out of the two Magics, Carcassonne, Puzzle Fighter HD, Catan, which are the best to pick up? Are there any I should just flat out avoid?

I really like Carcassonne, and you should try Puzzle Fighter's demo (I don't like it, but still, I know a LOT of people that do). About Magic, I'll wait for Magic 2013 to be on sale.

#1595 wirechild

wirechild

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

Puzzle Quest 1 is a great game. Thanks to all of the rave in this thread I decided to finally try it and instantly purchased once I got to the end of the demo!

I really want to like the magic games, but just can't get into them. Oh well, got plenty of other stuff to play for now..

#1596 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

Fuck didnt know Wreckateer was gonna end early, oh well.

If you wanted the game and you knew it was free, why the hell would you put off downloading it?

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#1597 irafreak

irafreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:24 AM

I really like Carcassonne, and you should try Puzzle Fighter's demo (I don't like it, but still, I know a LOT of people that do). About Magic, I'll wait for Magic 2013 to be on sale.

I enjoyed Magic 2012 so much that after playing the demo of the original, I bought it too. When 2013 goes on sale I'll buy that. Pacing seemed faster in one which I like plus some definite card differences.

#1598 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:38 AM

Is the Rock Band sale really ending this week or is that a complete guess in the OP?

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#1599 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:57 AM

It's because chicks dig giant robots.

That seriously needs to return to Toonami.

In any case, if I wasn't swamped by a backlog & new Wii U, I'd probably get the Puzzle Quest games. Oh well, maybe next time.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1600 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:48 AM

Puzzle Quest 1 is a great game. Thanks to all of the rave in this thread I decided to finally try it and instantly purchased once I got to the end of the demo!..

Glad you loved it! Now go buy the 2nd too while you're at it.

:bouncy:

#1601 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

That seriously needs to return to Toonami.

The impression I got was Cartoon Network didn't seem to care too much for the show. I didn't see Megas included in any of the commercials for Cartoon Network's 20th anniversary. I definitely would've bought it on DVD, if it had been released. It's available on the XBLM, but $20 for season 1 and $26 for season 2 is a bit much.

#1602 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:08 AM

I picked up Puzzle Quest 1 and 2 and I'm tempted to pick up all the other puzzles on sale as well as Full House Poker. Out of the two Magics, Carcassonne, Puzzle Fighter HD, Catan, which are the best to pick up? Are there any I should just flat out avoid?

As I've mentioned previously, I feel that Catan and Carcassone are both excellent choices for someone that enjoys tabletop strategy games.

26 episodes, DEF worth checking out.

...It's available on the XBLM, but $20 for season 1 and $26 for season 2 is a bit much.

Thanks for the info, I agree that $46 is too much for 26 episodes. I'm glad for the heads up though as now I'll have it on my radar.
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#1603 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:08 AM

No known sale for black Friday?

Don't think they had a big sale til around Christmas last year but figured I'd ask anyways.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#1604 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:15 AM

Is the Rock Band sale really ending this week or is that a complete guess in the OP?

HMXHenry has only confirmed on the Rock Band forums that it will run through the game's 5th anniversary (which would be the 20th), but they've said they would "probably" run it through at least the end of November. An announcement that may be related will be taking place tomorrow, I believe... ? If they extended it, that'd be cool.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#1605 E.Nich

E.Nich

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

No known sale for black Friday?

Major Nelson said he will update his blog with the marketplace's black friday sales this week. Nothing yet though.

#1606 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

HMXHenry has only confirmed on the Rock Band forums that it will run through the game's 5th anniversary (which would be the 20th), but they've said they would "probably" run it through at least the end of November. An announcement that may be related will be taking place tomorrow, I believe... ? If they extended it, that'd be cool.

When it first started, they said it would be at least running through the end of November, so cutting it short isn't what I was expecting.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#1607 WTPolaris

WTPolaris

Atypically Typical

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

I dunno how kosher this is to post here but it seems like a user on youtube has all of the Megas XLR episodes posted.

http://www.youtube.c...0/videos?view=0

Hope this is okay to mention. I loved that show. I clicked that link to the theme song, listened to it, remembered how much I liked it and watched 3 episodes. It's still pretty funny!

#1608 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

I never even heard of this show until now, I assume it had a very short run.
If so, did it reach a conclusion or just end abruptly? Also, is it worth checking out?

I would have loved for it to run longer than it did, but it put forth a pretty epic conclusion regardless.

Definitely don't pass up experiencing this show.

apathy.gif                                                                                                                                     NothingfaceICON1.gif

#1609 Juice el Savior

Juice el Savior

Urban Yeti

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

im not worried about doing a S&M for whats up right now... but my S&S app hasnt been working since last wednesday :(

fs_xbox.png

ach.png

Currently Playing: Halo 4, CS:GO (360), Skyrim, and Garou: MotW (360)

#1610 seppuku

seppuku

too many games, not enough time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

I got Wreckateer and purchased Geometry Wars. I already have Fruit Ninja, Castle Crashers, and Bastion, and would recommend all of them at this price.

I'd like to get I Am Alive at some point, but 800 msp is too much for something that will sit in my backlog for a while. That demo wasn't so enthralling that I would be terribly remorseful if the game never went on sale again. Here's to hoping for some good Black Friday deals.
XBLA wish list: Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds, Double Dragon Neon...
Xbox 360 wish list: Diablo III

#1611 SonicXtreme

SonicXtreme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:49 AM

i think i'm at the point where i have so many games on my HD that, no matter what goes on sale, i'm not really going to care, as i've bought at least 95% of the games i have any interest in. Like maybe .5% of the total stuff that could possibly go on sale is stuff i would consider (not counting GODs, i like converting to digital but those go on sale so rarely i wouldn't even count them) buying, even at a discount. i think i can count everything on one hand. ME2 DLC (wasn't into ME last year), crazy taxi, hell yeah!. people complain about MS sales all the time but in just one year since i rebought an xbox i've snagged at least 70 really good games for really cheap (after counting discounted MSP to stack with sales of course) and its hard for me to even think of other games that are worth my time.

So more than anything i guess i would prefer to see GODs start getting slashed. they did a good job of that a few months ago then randomly just stopped discounting them, turbo lame.

#1612 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:43 AM

Ummm...there have been several GoD titles on sale lately. I just bought Saint's Row 2 not long ago and there are some I was considering just this week?

#1613 Juice el Savior

Juice el Savior

Urban Yeti

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:01 AM

Ummm...there have been several GoD titles on sale lately. I just bought Saint's Row 2 not long ago and there are some I was considering just this week?

recently yes, but before september GoD on discount was unheard of...

i dunno if i wanna pull the trigger on Puzzle Fighter... how long do i have to make that choice, is it supposed to be noon EST tomorrow?

fs_xbox.png

ach.png

#1614 cthomer5000

cthomer5000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:35 AM

Something's wrong. I spent 1200 points for Bully Scholarship Edition. When I try to download it, it says it can't be downloaded. So now I'm out 1200 points and no game. What can I do about it?

You get any resolution on this? I'm having the same problem, waiting to chat with support now.

#1615 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:37 AM

i dunno if i wanna pull the trigger on Puzzle Fighter... how long do i have to make that choice, is it supposed to be noon EST tomorrow?

Roughly noon CST in my experience, but never noon on the dot. Give or take about twenty minutes. So... if you want it, I hope you've made up your mind by 11.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#1616 Juice el Savior

Juice el Savior

Urban Yeti

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:50 AM

Roughly noon CST in my experience, but never noon on the dot. Give or take about twenty minutes. So... if you want it, I hope you've made up your mind by 11.

i just dont know if matches will be easy to find or not... it is an old game

fs_xbox.png

ach.png

#1617 VideoGamesIzFun

VideoGamesIzFun

Legalize it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:27 AM

This is a much better deal... also available on newegg.com

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4608dfc912

#1618 Crono-00

Crono-00

CAG, to Broke-AG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:03 AM

(Sorry, I chose to omit the source posts in which I reply to for this message, I lost them :cry:)

I like the direction of deals and discounts we're getting which builds my anticipation up for the coming (US) holidays which should feature some discounts that I hope to make me glad I have Microsoft points. Granted we had a lot of repeat sales this week between the Deal of the Week, Sales & Specials + app, and Xbox Live 10th Anniversary sale, but I appreciate getting Wreckateer for free in case I ever do own a Kinect. The star item for discount this past week for me was Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo HD-Remix, which I had waited years to get a discount and now I am finally satiated. [Also, I already had bought 3 of those titles from prior discounts that are now on the Capcom Digital Collection, so it's just a better option for me to just get Puzzle Fighter from this sale; and I have no interest in the remaining 4 on the disc]

Among disappointments, I really wished the DLC for Puzzle Quest (1) was placed on sale as well for those of us who had purchased it the last time it was on sale. I will have to wait longer, and hope to see it gain a price reduction or discount sometime in the future. However, I believe this was the first time the sequel, Puzzle Quest 2, was at this low price point of 400MSP. I listened to my friends' opinions along with what eastx wrote which was in line with what I had thought with my initial impressions of Puzzle Quest 2, and opted to not make the purchase. As for Puzzle Quest (1), I am glad so many found it as delightful as I with its nice flourishes (quirky over-wordy dwarf, like my posts here), yet I am aware it is different than the DS version which allowed for practically looping sequences of actions/combos of skills by (now on XBLA) incorporating cooldowns of skills, but the game is still a solid time-waster even with the nerfing (probably for better competitive online play) ^^.

I already owned the Magic the Gathering: Duel of the Planeswalkers games. I used to play the card game long long ago, so my perspective on the games will be biased in some manner (aside from my usual odd tastes in games). I found the 2012 edition most tolerable amongst all 3 editions on XBLA if you were to play against the computer; its "archenemy" mode was so fun, I was elated to had also purchased the DLC on (a prior) discount which allowed the player to be the archenemy. However, if you were looking to use the XBLA games as a way to play against others, I feel the 2013 edition at least featured decks which were relatively balanced against one another. [Also contributing to my possible favoring of the 2012 edition could be due to my loyalty to 'blue' which was one of the overpowered decks in that edition, 'direct damage' was up there too] ... and I found the original Duels of the Planeswalkers game really awful (details and reasons can be given, but my post is long enough already); you cannot own your losses when they were not your decks, but at least the later editions allowed you to sort of tailor the decks a bit.

I also already had both Carcassone and Catan for XBLA from previous discounts. Along with Ticket to Ride (not on discount this week), having board games available on XBLA allows me to continually enjoy the games alongside friends even when physical distance separates us. That is why I still look forward to Zombies!!! to hit XBLA, even when it was promised over 3 years ago. Other platforms have great conversions of board games, and I feel Xbox Live would benefit from having many other board games available as well, I wish for games like "History of the World," "Risk 2210," "Cosmic Encounter," etc. [I didn't include a game like "Cards Against Humanity" because like "Apples to Apples" it's one of those games which unfortunately are best in person and a digital substitute just cannot suffice] ... I keep passing on Full House Poker even though I'm not an achievement whore and I know the weaknesses in gameplay of a Texas Hold'em game without real stakes, I guess that is one of those games which also I cannot have in a digital format and personally prefer in a live setting (with at least some stakes).

I still have the Section 8 Prejudice items which were on sale on the Sales & Specials + app in my backlog, so I cannot comment, but I hope I didn't make a bad choice when I purchased them from a prior discount (I believe at the time I was starved for a discount on something I didn't have yet and purchased it all). Also in my backlog was this week's constantly mentioned Bastion, and I really should promote it up so I can see where I stand on how I'd feel about the game given the conversation about the title throughout the week on this thread which was similar when I had mentioned a while back how I had felt to be in the minority side that really did not like Castle Crashers (establishing my odd taste in games, but elaborating on the technical reasons for my distaste in the title) which was also a 10th anniversary discount. At least those who purchased Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 from this sale got it for way less than I did; in some ways I am jealous of your great timing to acquire it at 200MSP, when I thought 400MSP was great for (in my opinion) the definitive twin-stick shooter on XBLA.

You guys on this thread keep reminding me how I really got to get started on Battlefield 1943, since it is an online only XBLA title, and I just do not know if/when the community will dry up or the servers go down. Yet, I think I really should get to promote Nexuiz on my backlog as well for the same reason, the difference being is that I feel Nexuiz may have already suffered my aforementioned feared problems. Both of these titles are purchases I appreciated being on discount, but if I don't get to giving them some proper time, may quickly change into regret purchases even when they didn't cost much (I think Nexuiz was at the sweet 200MSP price, and Battlefield 1943 at 560MSP during a New Years countdown).

Oh yeah, Peggle is always a great time-waster as well. It is one of those games you must have at least tried on some platform, and hopefully you chose to get it on one of the many sales it has been on if not now for XBLA (but it's okay if you chose to get it on another platform and chose to pass up its "chill gaming" experience on an Xbox 360).

This coming week, unfortunately I will pass on I am Alive given its discount price being a tad higher than what I am willing to give for what I know of it. I hope the Sales & Specials + app or some Games on Demand title (like Deathsmiles 2X) brings a discount that will eat into my moon point pocketbook. At least I have great expectations for the Black Friday and Cyber Monday discounts ... don't let me down, Live team.

EDIT: Sorry I lost the original posters on this thread, but I want to thank the one who opened my eyes to "Derrick the Deathfin". Also thanks to Cornelius to great descriptions to the value of the DLC to XBLA Catan and Carcassonne, helps in my decision if those ever drop in price. Finally, on an unrelated note, dammit Konami you released this on the 360 a year ago, I am still wanting a localization NAO!

Edited by Crono-00, 20 November 2012 - 06:46 AM.
Still deciding what next to get off my backlog: BF1943, Nexuiz, CV:LoD, Metro2033, Crysis, TF:WfC, 50Cent:BotS

#1619 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:09 AM

whoa

#1620 PlowK1NG

PlowK1NG

Banned from MSstore.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:30 AM

Cliffs?