XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#1651 MySaturdaySelf

MySaturdaySelf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

$19.99 is already the sale (1600 MSP), normally it's $29.99 (2400 MSP).

thanks.. 800 would be sweet though.

#1652 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

is portal 2 $19.99 sale price? or should it be $9.99 for sale?

I found it on clearance at Sears for $9.97.

#1653 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

Good sale with good variety. Rock Band Blitz and Spelunky for me.
As pointed out by MWB, Blitz's track list makes that deal great.
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#1654 locolukah

locolukah

Cheep Arse Lamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

Monster World will be MIIIIIIIIIIIINE!

I recommend Warp. I really had a great time with it when it was released in the spring. It is like a top-down Metroid-Portal game.
SWAGBUCKS - Earn Amazon gift cards: http://www.swagbucks...refer/locolukah
- you can earn points via searches, daily activities and codes: http://sc-s.com/
If you have any questions just ask!
Posted Image

#1655 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

Great sale! In for:

Spelunky
Rock Band Blitz
All the Sega Vintage Collections

Possibly in for:

Magic 2013+DLC
South Park: Tenorman's Revenge (Game seems just sooo mediocre)
Gunstringer DLC (Still hoping I'll snag a Kinect cheap enough...)
Darksiders II DLC (Got through 80% of the first one before I got bored and moved on but I still might check out the sequel. DLCs rarely go on sale so it's likely now or never.)
Warp (passed on it last time it was on sale but may get scooped up in my buying frenzy)

Are these supposed to be the Black Friday sales or just a kick ass random sale? Usually they do one day sales but maybe this year they are doing them for a whole week.

#1656 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

Neat to see all the Sega Vintage Collections go on sale at once. Was waiting for them to be discounted. Though now I gotta add 4 more games to my backlog, or rather, 12.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1657 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

We already knew DOTW was going to be I Am Alive for 800 MSP (1/3 off).

Scratch & Match deals:

Metal Slug XX is 600 MSP (1/2 off)
Worms Ultimate Mayhem is 600 MSP (1/2 off)
Worms 2: Armageddon is 400 MSP (1/2 off)

Chain Reaction is Tiger Woods themed.

5 Course Pack: save 800 MSP
Emerald Dragon: save 240 MSP
Blue Monster: save 280 MSP
Wolf Creek: save 320 MSP

Mystery Wheel items haven't changed.

Out of everything I'm debating on Worms Ultimate Mayhem since I'm a fan and own the first 2 XBLA games.

#1658 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

Spelunky Yes Please

#1659 Bercelak

Bercelak

You are welcome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

Awesome deals this week so far. I'll have to get home to do stratch & match to get worms ultimate mayhem..Other than that, very good deals!

Now waiting to see if theres more for black friday or not :)
Chuck Norris won the 1983 world series of poker despite him holding just a joker, a 2 of clubs, a 7 of spades, and a green number 4 from Uno and a monopoly 'get out of jail free' card.

#1660 neuropolis

neuropolis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

I couldn't pass up Spelunky at this price.

#1661 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

On the website is a section with black Friday deals, so these must be the black Friday deals only they are on sale earlier.

#1662 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

On the website is a section with black Friday deals, so these must be the black Friday deals only they are on sale earlier.

The last couple years they had 3 games for either one or two dollars each. I bet something like that will still happen.

#1663 brkptr

brkptr

This was a triumph

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

Nice... definitely in for Rock Band Blitz. As a few other people pointed out, even if the game is crap (and I wasn't too into the demo) that's a fantastic price for 25 new RB songs.

Anyone (in addition to locolukah) have thoughts either way on Warp? I tried the demo a while back when it first came out and it seemed decent. Not sure how well it holds up after that point though... is it worth the 400 pts?
Posted Image

#1664 Terrificy

Terrificy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

Could someone pass me a link? I can't find it.

#1665 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

Monster World, Golden Axe, and Magic 2013 + DLC are definites. Past that, may get Space Channel 5 and South Park as well.

DLC is up in the air. Sleeping Dogs is tempting since it does have achievements and I'll be getting the game for sure at some point.

Darksiders is less tempting (no achievements). Does it add anything to the game or is it more of a pass?

Already own the Dead Island Arena (still need to use my code for it though). I know the Ryder DLC has no achievements, but is it still worth it?

I stream on Twitch. At least two times a week. http://www.twitch.tv/jstryker416

JStryker416.png

#1666 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

"I'm all for butt stuff" -Munkywawa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

I for one do not understand the love for Spelunky, and never will. It's a decent pick up for 600msp but I found it too difficult to be fun.

Looks like it's just Rock Band Blitz for me. Have the Monster World Games and Shinobi/Alex Kidd on PSN, and have played Streets of Rage and Golden Axe enough to know that they're definitely not for me. The Monster World series for $5 is a no-brainer for those that don't own it. Hope we get a few one-day sales on BF and CM.

Edited by tylerh1701, 20 November 2012 - 03:40 PM.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1667 mpaullin

mpaullin

Cheap Ass Lunch-er

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

I see Gunstringer is $19.99 right now? Does that include the $10 off or will it be on sale for $9.99 imminently? I'll definitely snatch it up for that price.

#1668 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

Spelunky is super hard but addicting and fun. I loved it. It's not for everyone, though.

But where are these deals? The OP makes no mention of that

Crunchewy.png

#1669 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

"I'm all for butt stuff" -Munkywawa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

As for the South Park game, I only played a few levels but it's a pretty generic platformer. They did release a significant patch to the game to make it more enjoyable, and added things like being able to switch characters on the fly, and just made the game more accessible.

As a big South Park fan, I have no regrets trading 400msp for it on the trade thread here, so I'd recommend it for 400msp now. If you're not big into South Park, you can probably skip the title as the actual gameplay feels pretty generic.

Spelunky is super hard but addicting and fun. I loved it. It's not for everyone, though.

But where are these deals? The OP makes no mention of that

The deals are on your Xbox. The OP is a wiki, meaning anyone can change it and nobody is currently "over" it. Please feel free to update the OP with these deals.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1670 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

"Mr Neato" if you're nasty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

Could someone pass me a link? I can't find it.

http://www.xbox.com/...riday-2012/home
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1671 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

Not really into the sales. Might get the Streets of Rage collection and maybe the alexx kid one as well only for my fond childhood memories of playing the sega 6 game pac. God I loved my sega.

#1672 wEEman33

wEEman33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

Spelunky is by far the best game of the sale.

^^^

#1673 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

I see Gunstringer is $19.99 right now? Does that include the $10 off or will it be on sale for $9.99 imminently? I'll definitely snatch it up for that price.

Same question here. Portal 2 would be great at $10. If it's $20 I may as well find a physical copy.

EDIT: Nevermind. I see in some posts on the last page that the $20 is already the sale price. All of the retail games have decent prices, but can generally be found for cheaper (at retail).

#1674 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

http://www.xbox.com/...riday-2012/home

Awesome, thanks!

Well, they got me good on this one...

Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Forza 4, and the new magic (with expansion) without question...

Might get L4D2 stuff also. I've owned it for a real long time but its still sealed... so maybe not.

#1675 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

Rock Band Blitz is great if you have any interest in rhythm games. $7.50 for 25 songs is worth it even if you just play Rock Band 3 and never touch the XBLA game.

#1676 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

In for all the SVC and the Magic 2013 DLC already own all the other Arcade Games beside RB Blitz and Daytona USA (have no interest in these games)

But man this is one hell of a good sale!

#1677 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

I need to figure out if I have a code for the Death Rides pack. I know I have Argul's Tomb. Heck I do not even own the game anymore.

I swear I bought the Sacrifice for L4D2 but it says I have not. I may have bought it for the 1st game but I traded that when I bought cold stream....ah this is why DLC drives me nuts. Especially DLC that is named the same for 2 games.

Well shit. I did buy it for L4D2 but it was through the App so it does not show up as purchased on xbox.com. I have to remind myself to always check that. Glad I did not buy it yet.

#1678 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

Might have to bite on Spelunky for 600 points.

#1679 seppuku

seppuku

too many games, not enough time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

Definitely in for Splunky, and I'll check out the demo for South Park. I'm not super into the show but I have several friends who are and with local co-op it could be a good time.

I'd be all over the Sega Vintage Collections too, but I don't foresee dumping my Genesis anytime soon...maybe if they put Target Earth in a SVC. :-)

I haven't finished it yet, but Lara Croft Guardian of Light is a fun twin stick action adventure game with some light puzzle platform aspects, best experienced with a partner.

P.S. I noticed Geometry Wars Evolved is still on sale. I believe it was mentioned before, but if you have the sequel you could probably pass on this one.
XBLA wish list: Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds, Double Dragon Neon...
Xbox 360 wish list: Diablo III

#1680 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

Looks like I am going to pick up:

Daytona USA - I know it's kind of lackluster but I loved it in the arcade
Space Channel 5 part 2 - maybe unless if this was included with the Dreamcast collection
Sega Vintage Collections - All except for Monster World which I already have
Sleeping Dogs DLC - maybe if it has achievements

TheVila.png