XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#151 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:48 AM

Ummm, you did see the SHMUP sale a couple months back, not to mention "Sine Mora" in the S&S+ app? How many more SHMUP's are there that HAVEN'T been on sale in 2012 ...

... and just how long can you really keep flying up or right? :lol:

Akai Katana, Otomedius and Deathsmiles 2 are all on GoD and could go on sale. That's the stuff dreams are made of.

I would settle for just Deathsmiles on sale though as paying that much for a game they didn't even localize is never going to happen for me.

#152 Darquesyde

Darquesyde

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:50 AM

Ummm...Saints Row 2 is coming up as 880. Someone flipped the wrong switch.

#153 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:00 AM

Appreciated none the less, though am curious to inquire....is Saints Row 2 only fun to play if co-op, or just more compound excitement that it would seem foolish to do so otherwise?

Thanks regardless.

As I said, thats just my preference. Saints 2 is by no means something to skip all together simply because you'll be playing alone. Many think its the best of the series, myself included. I just can't see myself spending as much time with it as I did without my buddy tagging along.

I would kill if for them to bring Culdcept Saga to GoD. I wouldn't even wait for a sale. It's one of those games I'd love to be able to load up instantly at any given moment. Doesn't seem like its ever going to happen though.

Also, I already inquired in the rewards thread but I know this one sees a lot more traffic. Does anyone know if the GoD Alice: Madness Returns includes the original game included in the purchase like the retail version? Or would it still need to be purchased additionally?

apathy.gif                                                                                                                                     NothingfaceICON1.gif

#154 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:03 AM

Given that "Metro: Last Light" will be coming out soon, the price on used copies will remain high through at least 2 months after launch, as people scrounge for copies of the original to fill out the story.

If I remember correctly, Best Buy had reprints of for $10 a couple months prior to Darksiders 2 release. I wonder if they'll work out some promo like that with THQ again?

#155 VindictiveGnome

VindictiveGnome

Cleared to engage.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:08 AM

I picked up Metro 2033 and You Don't Know Jack. I hope Metro isn't too scary. I couldn't finish Dead Space 1 or 2, didn't even touch FEAR for more than five minutes, and Amnesia and Resident Evil 4 were a hell no. All were great games, but just too scary. I'm such a baby.

Am I the only one who hasn't received the dashboard update? I'm Atlanta, GA.

#156 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:09 AM

I picked up Metro 2033 and You Don't Know Jack. Am I the only one who hasn't received the dashboard update? I'm Atlanta, GA.

Upstate NY and I don't have it yet either

#157 Felder71

Felder71

I am Iron Gland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:18 AM

I picked up Metro 2033 and You Don't Know Jack. I hope Metro isn't too scary. I couldn't finish Dead Space 1 or 2, didn't even touch FEAR for more than five minutes, and Amnesia and Resident Evil 4 were a hell no. All were great games, but just too scary. I'm such a baby.

Atlanta too and haven't received it. A little annoyed but what can you do.
Posted Image

#158 thenutman69321

thenutman69321

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:27 AM

I haven't yet either. Don't think region has anything to do with it. My roommate got his first thing yesterday morning while mine 10 feet away still hasn't.

TheNutman69321.png

#159 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:29 AM

why do the prices have msp prices and cash value... u cannot buy any games with msp

Just to inform everyone. you cannont purchase the games on demand with microsoft points even though it says u can in the op.

"Stop spreading lies and fake facts."
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#160 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:36 AM

Haha! I hear ya man but that feeling is what hooks me and keeps me coming back. God I love Amnesia.

apathy.gif                                                                                                                                     NothingfaceICON1.gif

#161 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:36 AM

Thinking about Metro 2033. Did you see the YDKJ packs are 100pts each as well(75% off)? Highly recommended. Includes 30 stock "episodes", but you can only play through them a couple of times before you remember the answers. Each extra pack adds 10 more. If you purchased them all, you would be starting with 70, thus making it much harder to memorize any of them for some time.

Also, FEAR becomes a good shooter, much less scary after the first few levels, but oooooo.... those first few levels are for Oct 31.

#162 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:40 AM

I just tried out the single player demo for Apples to Apples. This is NOTHING like the card game... it's basically just a word-search puzzle. WTF? Is the multiplayer game any better? And is there still an online community?

#163 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:46 AM

Thinking about Metro 2033. Did you see the YDKJ packs are 100pts each as well(75% off)? Highly recommended. Includes 30 stock "episodes", but you can only play through them a couple of times before you remember the answers. Each extra pack adds 10 more. If you purchased them all, you would be starting with 70, thus making it much harder to memorize any of them for some time.

Also, FEAR becomes a good shooter, much less scary after the first few levels, but oooooo.... those first few levels are for Oct 31.

Just got the game at Kmart for $4

Got the first two packs are the last two worth it?

#164 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:47 AM

I just tried out the single player demo for Apples to Apples. This is NOTHING like the card game... it's basically just a word-search puzzle. WTF? Is the multiplayer game any better? And is there still an online community?

Yeah, I am glad I did not buy it, as I would never play it unless 3 friends were over, and not many people will want to play apples to apples on xbox lol

#165 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:48 AM

Just got the game at Kmart for $4

Got the first two packs are the last two worth it?

At 100 points they're all beyond worth it. More than doubles its episode content.

#166 starshipvelcro

starshipvelcro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:51 AM

Just bought the Jack Packs, I don't even care if no one plays it, it's cheap, fun, and funny even by yourself. Not to mention easy achievements!
Posted Image

#167 VindictiveGnome

VindictiveGnome

Cleared to engage.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:52 AM

I bought 3 of the 4 YDKJ packs. I only had 372 MS points. I'm not about to pay $5 just to use 28 MS points. My girlfriend absolutely loves trivia games, so she should love this. She's so competitive with BuzzTV.

I only played the demo for the first FEAR. Honestly? It made me cry. I was that terrified. I will never beat it even though it's a solid FPS. I played FEAR 2 and it's an extremely solid FPS. The gunplay was perfect. I actually beat it and wasn't scared once.

#168 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:00 AM

Aww, nobody got my Golden Girls reference. Now I feel like a Golden Girl.

EDIT: Ooga recognized it. High five!

I also got it. I appreciate the sentiment.
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#169 weeman43302

weeman43302

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:05 AM

YDKJ has 73 episodes in the main game.

:pc: Titanfall, Minecraft

:360: Deadpool

:3ds: Pokemon X, Adventure Time Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW!

#170 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:19 AM

I just bought the four Jack Packs and the two Saints Row 2 packs. I haven't even booted up either game yet, but I love all of the Scene It movie trivia games and I love Saints row 3 and Saints row 1.

The reviews for the Saints row 2 DLC packs are bad, but hopefully I get my money's worth with the attack helicopter and the infinite rocket ammo. They should come in handy since I haven't started the game yet.

#171 skonson

skonson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:20 AM

Just another note about YDNJ. I'm pretty sure that the demo of the game is about 2 or 3 episodes long (could be wrong as it's been about a year since I looked at it) and none of those demo episodes are included in the main game or DLC. So if you are looking to trial it out download the demo and see what you think as you aren't spoiling anything for the main game. And it's a great way to get a few more episodes out of a great game for nothing. I love when a developer makes content specifically for a demo.

#172 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:21 AM

I was wondering how the heck they transferred it to a videogame. I guess I'll save my $2.50 for something else. Thanks.

#173 Zexy

Zexy

I know I'm sexy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:27 AM

Anyone know the lowest SR2 has ever been? I've been looking at the reviews and it seems like a great sandbox game

#174 Woltaire

Woltaire

2NE1 & SNSD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:48 AM

Has there been any announcement about any Halloween special sales? I see that Bioshock falls under that time frame, but I was wondering about a 1 Day Sale. Was hoping they would put up Resident Evil 4 HD or maybe Code Veronica HD.
Posted Image

#175 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:50 AM

Has there been any announcement about any Halloween special sales? I see that Bioshock falls under that time frame, but I was wondering about a 1 Day Sale. Was hoping they would put up Resident Evil 4 HD or maybe Code Veronica HD.

Shocktober starts next week.

#176 Woltaire

Woltaire

2NE1 & SNSD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:03 AM

Shocktober starts next week.

Thanks. I guess I missed it while looking over the first post.
Posted Image

#177 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:42 AM

If castlevania dlc isn't half off I will cry

#178 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:47 AM

The multiplayer is pretty much the normal card game. The single player is retarded though, I'll agree on that front.

For people interested in achievements, the game is an easy 200, even if playing 500 online games is a bit of a grind (and you'll probably have to boost for).

card.png

#179 preston181

preston181

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:50 AM

In for Apples to Apples, and the YDKJ packs.

#180 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:54 AM

just because i got the resident evil codes from trades they will prob go on sale for the shocktober sale lol