• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

The bf deals are terrible

#1922 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

Batshit crazy time for overlapping sales on xblm right now. For those who got back from Thursday night with 1600 points cards, before the ten year sale ended, this is like a steam sale on cocaine. And cocaine is a hell of a drug.

And things like this, even when it's not quite at this level of insane, are why people who want Microsoft points done away with are idiots. If/when they switch to real money only, you will never see opportunities like this again.

Whatever paltry 80 points or whatever that someone may have left over after a purchase is nothing compared to how much you can save when something like this comes up.

#1923 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

missed out on full house poker but that will likely be on sale within a month anyway. hopefully some newer games go on sale.

#1924 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

Whatever paltry 80 points or whatever that someone may have left over after a purchase is nothing compared to how much you can save when something like this comes up.

Yea I've never understood this argument either. Do people not realize that if they had 80msp left in their account if they did the same transaction in real money it would still be the same $1? It just completely baffles me at the stupidity of the complaint. IF they switched to dollars instead of points they would still make you buy them in $5 increments so you would be in the EXACT same predicament.

#1925 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:04 AM

Yea I've never understood this argument either. Do people not realize that if they had 80msp left in their account if they did the same transaction in real money it would still be the same $1? It just completely baffles me at the stupidity of the complaint. IF they switched to dollars instead of points they would still make you buy them in $5 increments so you would be in the EXACT same predicament.

I think that is just way too logical for a lot of people to understand.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1926 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:09 AM

How is Harley Quinn's Revenge? Is it a good deal at that discounted price?
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#1927 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:09 AM

....or some people are too stupid to be able to convert points to real money.

#1928 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

How I feel after picking up 10x 1600 points cards:

Posted Image

*high five*

My sis was able to get me 2, 2 for my bro, and 10 for my other sis (she writes about & review games for work) all for $9 each since she gets discounts working at Target. :applause:

I still have hella unused points and with 2 more 1600 msp, I have no idea what to get lol. I might get Bully, I don't know yet lol.

#1929 Gurren Lagann

Gurren Lagann

Walking Nuke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

How is Harley Quinn's Revenge? Is it a good deal at that discounted price?

Don't bother just get the disc GOTY version for $15 at target
Posted Image

#1930 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

And things like this, even when it's not quite at this level of insane, are why people who want Microsoft points done away with are idiots. If/when they switch to real money only, you will never see opportunities like this again.

I've never said it should be removed, but it should obviously be an option to pay with real money like they currently do for Games on Demand games. Hell, they should even offer exact change for both points and dollars so that you could get some use out of leftover points. Call me an idiot if you want, but I don't think there's any reason for anybody to be against this sort of idea.

I had no clue this points deal was even happening and there's no way I could have gotten in on it if I did, which always seems to be the case for these sorts of deals.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#1931 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

Don't bother just get the disc GOTY version for $15 at target

I already own the standard edition and bought cheap Microsoft points today , just want to know if that piece of dlc is worth it.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#1932 DietCokeJunkey

DietCokeJunkey

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:53 AM

I feel like I'm the only person who didn't get any Microsoft Points on sale.

DarkZion9.png card.png

Yeah jay remedy was really the heart and soul of this thread.

story isn't outstanding.. but the fact you can rub a girl and make them naked? and hear them moaning ?

total worth my money

#1933 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:59 AM

I've never said it should be removed, but it should obviously be an option to pay with real money like they currently do for Games on Demand games. Hell, they should even offer exact change for both points and dollars so that you could get some use out of leftover points. Call me an idiot if you want, but I don't think there's any reason for anybody to be against this sort of idea.

Well there would BE a point against this (at least for other people the US)..since we have the option for GoD t use MSP instead of money this would really bother me since whenever a game goes on sale all the price changes are never correct over here if they convert the € sale price to MSP...we (almost) always have to spend more € and more MSP then americans with their Dollar....so if I don't want to set up a Hungarian Account to get all my digital content much cheaper on there this would be a worse idea.

For Example Resident Evil 4 is 1600 MSP when you convert it to MSP right? Wrong! We have to pay more than 1600 MSP if we convert the price to MSP over here...if it had the same option this would also be true for DLC or Arcade Games. No Arcade Game would be 800 or 1200 MSP from the beginning, we would always end up paying more than that <.< so no I don't want this option thanks!

As for leftover points...there is not such a thing...you can always use them with your next purchase when you have more points and you don't have the same amount left after plus if you're using xbox rewards you get sometimes odd points like I did with the 5% payback (310 MSP back)

#1934 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:18 AM

Bah Castle Crashers is no longer on sale....I did bite on Leviathan, Harley Quinn, and the October Car Pack though.

#1935 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

I feel like I'm the only person who didn't get any Microsoft Points on sale.

You still can! Do it! It's good until tomorrow @ 11pm. I'm not sure which cards ring up right, I only saw some at the register section with the avatar girl on it, but most everyone says they ring up $10 automatically.

If Target gives you any grief just grab an ad and go to Wal-mart. I brought 3 of the avatar-girl cards to the electronics section register with the Target ad and they PM'd it no problem. $30 OTD.

I'm so tempted to buy more, there's so many out there! Who can say no to a 50% off everything sale? Not this guy :)

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#1936 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

You still can! Do it! It's good until tomorrow @ 11pm. I'm not sure which cards ring up right, I only saw some at the register section with the avatar girl on it, but most everyone says they ring up $10 automatically.

If Target gives you any grief just grab an ad and go to Wal-mart. I brought 3 of the avatar-girl cards to the electronics section register with the Target ad and they PM'd it no problem. $30 OTD.

I'm so tempted to buy more, there's so many out there! Who can say no to a 50% off everything sale? Not this guy :)

I didn't try going because I figured they'd have been all cleaned out. Places actually still have some?

#1937 darrenaero

darrenaero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:36 AM

Do any of the Forza packs have new tracks in them? Or is it only cars added? This question goes for Horizon or Forza 4. Not that big of a car junkie, but new tracks would get me to buy some DLC.

#1938 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:48 AM

I didn't try going because I figured they'd have been all cleaned out. Places actually still have some?

My Target (downtown Charlotte) had hundreds left at 10 a.m. this morning.

#1939 Gurren Lagann

Gurren Lagann

Walking Nuke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:59 AM

I think I'm gonna spoil myself some more and get bully and leviathan dlc.Is the GRFS worth it or is the online community dead?
Posted Image

#1940 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:42 AM

I only walked into Target at about 8 o'clock at night and walked out with 7 points cards for half off. :D I could've grabbed about half a dozen more; I'll contemplate it tomorrow after I see how much I've charged to the Redcard recently (spoiler: too much). Now for an XBLA shopping spree!

If you plan on going to score some, try to find one of their weekly brochures if you can. None of the 1600 cards available automatically rung up at $10 at my store, but I had no trouble convincing the cashier to match the ad.

Edited by dark_inchworm, 24 November 2012 - 03:24 AM.
clarity

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#1941 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:51 AM

For anybody on the fence about the Mass Effect 3 Leviathan DLC Sale, buy it now. The Arrival DLC for Mass Effect 2 was only on sale once, and if you missed it, too bad.

I picked up the Raven Strike DLC and Leviathan from the one day sale. I'm hoping Microsoft puts up Dragon Age 2 DLC or more Mass Effect 3 DLC on sale later this year.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#1942 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:03 AM

How is the Metal Slug game that's on discount through S and M?

And is S and M still broken? Or will it register that I purchased the game or not?

#1943 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:09 AM

we (almost) always have to spend more € and more MSP then americans with their Dollar....so if I don't want to set up a Hungarian Account to get all my digital content much cheaper on there this would be a worse idea.

For Example Resident Evil 4 is 1600 MSP when you convert it to MSP right? Wrong! We have to pay more than 1600 MSP if we convert the price to MSP over here...if it had the same option this would also be true for DLC or Arcade Games. No Arcade Game would be 800 or 1200 MSP from the beginning, we would always end up paying more than that <.< so no I don't want this option thanks!

yeah, Australia is in the same situation, nothing is ever the same in games on demand.
It's good the Hungarian marketplace works here also, but not for every game.

#1944 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

Not sure about the electronics section, but I know down here in Hanover they had a good number still in stock when I left at 5pm. Snagged 10 (across two purchases) with no issues.

I stream on Twitch. At least two times a week. http://www.twitch.tv/jstryker416

JStryker416.png

#1945 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:18 AM

I only walked into Target at about 8 o'clock and walked out with 7 points cards for half off. :D I could've grabbed about half a dozen more; I'll contemplate it tomorrow after I see how much I've charged to the Redcard recently (spoiler: too much). Now for an XBLA shopping spree!

If you plan on going to score some, try to find one of their weekly brochures if you can. None of the 1600 cards available automatically rung up at $10 but I had no trouble convincing the cashier to match the ad.

Filled up my redcard as well, but only bought 4 cards. I could have gone for more, but didn't. At least I have enough to get the Black ops 2 season pass. :D

#1946 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:22 AM

Another Target note worth mentioning: If you can't find 1600 point cards in Electronics, they can very commonly be found by the registers.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#1947 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:23 AM

I went at 11am this morning and my local Target still had a ton left at all of the registers.

TheVila.png

#1948 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:24 AM

Where does the ad say its good until tomorrow @ 11pm?

#1949 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:27 AM

BTW, added cheap prices for disc versions of "Dead Island", "The Gunstringer", and "Tiger Woods 13" to the OP, just to make sure nobody wastes their money on the Games on Demand versions. :lol:

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#1950 nadohawk

nadohawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

I love the comparison between the BF deals of Xbox Live and the Microsoft Store. On one hand, you have the same type of deals you see all year long (not even comparing to past years); on the other, you have the best deals available.
1 John 1:7,9
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.