XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#1951 Shifty Effect

Shifty Effect

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:14 AM

For anybody on the fence about the Mass Effect 3 Leviathan DLC Sale, buy it now. The Arrival DLC for Mass Effect 2 was only on sale once, and if you missed it, too bad.

I picked up the Raven Strike DLC and Leviathan from the one day sale. I'm hoping Microsoft puts up Dragon Age 2 DLC or more Mass Effect 3 DLC on sale later this year.

All in for ME3 DLC, but will Bioware release a Dragon Age 2 Ultimate Edition?. I hope so, DA:O UE was/is a fantastic deal.

#1952 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:25 AM

Where does the ad say its good until tomorrow @ 11pm?

Other than some of the red-background Doorbusters and green-background Friday-only stuff, the entire ad pricing is good until they close Saturday at 11pm. (Back cover: "Advertised Sale Prices Good November 22-24, 2012")

This deal is forcing my hand to get The Walking Dead digital rather than waiting for the disc to release :oldman:

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#1953 DietCokeJunkey

DietCokeJunkey

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:33 AM

You still can! Do it! It's good until tomorrow @ 11pm. I'm not sure which cards ring up right, I only saw some at the register section with the avatar girl on it, but most everyone says they ring up $10 automatically.

If Target gives you any grief just grab an ad and go to Wal-mart. I brought 3 of the avatar-girl cards to the electronics section register with the Target ad and they PM'd it no problem. $30 OTD.

I'm so tempted to buy more, there's so many out there! Who can say no to a 50% off everything sale? Not this guy :)

Thanks, managed to get 2. They rang up at 19.99 but I managed to get the guy to adjust it to $10 each.

Wanted to get at least 5 but I didn't feel like talking to the guy again.

DarkZion9.pngWjwtTLD.gif?1

so I decided to see what I could do with it and I got to the end but there's no way I can finish him off. 

#1954 irafreak

irafreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:38 AM

I'd just like to weigh in after owning Magic 12 for a year and playing the original...Magic 13 sucks! Bad! F this game. I hate that you can't go back and check what the planes card said. I just lost an hour long match because I selected the wrong card thinking it said whatever cards you targeted would be destroyed....

That is all.

#1955 dominator

dominator

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

It was weird, I went in at 11 pm last night and picked up 8 cards, 5 for my father-in-law and 3 for me and they rung up at $10. I decided I wanted a couple more so I went and got two more but they rung up at $20. I still was able to get it, but that was just weird. Anyways, I think I'm going to pull the trigger on some of these sales.

TapouT545.pngTapouT32.jpg

126410.png

#1956 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:52 AM

Cool, grabbed Dungeon Defenders and ME3 Leviathan DLC.

#1957 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:01 AM

Quantum Conundrum for $3.75 seems about right so far. I'm about an hour in and while it is good, I think if it had another 6 months to cook it could have been great. Wonky controls and the graphics and settings aren't anything to get excited about. The puzzles are very clever so far which is all I wanted...

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#1958 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:22 AM

After looking at reviews I picked up Bully. Open world games are one of my favorite genres.

#1959 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:00 AM

Wish I could get msp that cheap but Australia never has big sales on msp

When I lived in Australia I used to buy Instant Delivery 1600MSP cards for US$16 from US online stores and activate them on a US gamertag - roughly half what Australians have to pay! Now that the £ has taken a sharp dip, though, UK online stores seem to be fairly attractive. ;) I got 2000 points from Shopto.net yesterday for £12.85 (US$20, not including cashback and store points), which may be more attractive as they should redeem on an Oztralien gamertag.

#1960 lakers2008

lakers2008

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

any deals for a physical copy of Left 4 Dead 2? Amazon doesnt carry it anymore, its selling for over $30. Will $20 digital copy be the best deal??
http://www.points2sh...?ref=lakers2008

Earn Cash, Win Call of Duty, Halo, NBA, NFL and every other game for Free. Yes, Free Check it out and see. It truly is free.

#1961 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

any deals for a physical copy of Left 4 Dead 2? Amazon doesnt carry it anymore, its selling for over $30. Will $20 digital copy be the best deal??

Try gohastings.com if you don't mind getting a used copy.

#1962 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:52 AM

Awesome guy at Target didn't even realize the 1600 points cards were printed as 10, was cool enough to override the price for me to get a few cards. :D

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#1963 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

Other than some of the red-background Doorbusters and green-background Friday-only stuff, the entire ad pricing is good until they close Saturday at 11pm. (Back cover: "Advertised Sale Prices Good November 22-24, 2012")

This deal is forcing my hand to get The Walking Dead digital rather than waiting for the disc to release :oldman:

Cool. Thanks. I didn't know that.

#1964 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

Figured this would be a good spot to ask. For Minecraft, what would you say the chances are of it ever going on sale. Have a lot of points to play with right now, so tempted to pick it up.

#1965 Saren Arterius

Saren Arterius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

Figured this would be a good spot to ask. For Minecraft, what would you say the chances are of it ever going on sale. Have a lot of points to play with right now, so tempted to pick it up.

In Christmas almaost for sure but is probably that the first time go on on sale with the 33% off (1200 MSP) but who knows.

#1966 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

Minecraft is the best selling thing ever released on XBLA, I highly doubt it's dropping in price or being featured in a sale any time soon.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#1967 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

grabbed Magic 2013 for $5. Been wanting this to play with a few friends that used to play magic with. I see them online all the time playing 2013.

Is the expansion worth $2.50?

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#1968 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

Quantum Conundrum for $3.75 seems about right so far. I'm about an hour in and while it is good, I think if it had another 6 months to cook it could have been great. Wonky controls and the graphics and settings aren't anything to get excited about. The puzzles are very clever so far which is all I wanted...

Playing the game on PS+ (finished up to the first generator so far), it's decent enough, but there are some puzzles that can feel very similar to Portal (not that it's a bad thing exactly, but you get a sense of deja vu) & I LOOOAAATTTHHH having to do puzzles involving persist jumping. Accurate jumping in 1st person is not fun in any way, especially since it's hard to tell exactly how far you can jump. That's probably why I didn't enjoy the demo for Mirror's Edge.

It's not enough to ruin the game for me (they haven't been bad too far), but it's frustrating trying to beat the time or shift limit and fail because you jumped too far or too short, let alone lose a life because you were over a bottomless pit. Once I play more of the game, I think my opinion will change, either for the better or worse.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1969 Ciffy

Ciffy

I like the pretty lights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

Just curious - how are you guys price matching the points against the ad? It only shows 3 months of live for $10; where are you seeing the points for that price?

#1970 nadohawk

nadohawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

grabbed Magic 2013 for $5. Been wanting this to play with a few friends that used to play magic with. I see them online all the time playing 2013.

Is the expansion worth $2.50?

Yes just because it's Magic the Gathering.
1 John 1:7,9
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

#1971 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

Can anyone recommend the Ghost Recon FS DLC? I just got the game for cheap on Microsoft's website and am trying to decide if I should grab the DLC or not.

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#1972 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

Funny you should mention that - my son has been playing the demo for weeks now. I told him I'd get him the full version BEFORE I looked at the price - $20.00.

Ouch. Too bad Target is out of cards - $10.00 would be a lot easier on dad's wallet. ;)

#1973 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

Just curious - how are you guys price matching the points against the ad? It only shows 3 months of live for $10; where are you seeing the points for that price?

It seems like some of the ads had a picture of the points cards and others had the three-months-of-Live card. IIRC the points card was shown on page six.

#1974 Saren Arterius

Saren Arterius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

I read that very often in regards to Spelunky, it almost seems like a 2D cutey platform version of Dark Souls... I've played and loved many roguelikes in the past (Izuna, Shiren and 100 Rogues above all), so I'm curious enough to jump on the sale wagon and grab it while I can! :bouncy:

I assure you it is the best buy you can do, those who are undecided read this article to save myself write a lot.

http://www.gamasutra...hp#.ULDww4ZFmvt

Two days ago I finished the Hell (+150 hours) and I'm so happy and you were the only person in quote my post that I will make you a proposal, if you decide to buy Spelunky and finish the game (real finish, Hell level) I'll give you 200 MSP (making the game will cost you 400 MSP) a very small reward for such a great feat.

I don't know you and don't know how good player you can be but I make this proposal almost sure that the money will never be claimed.

Edited by Saren Arterius, 24 November 2012 - 04:08 PM.

#1975 thenutman69321

thenutman69321

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

Minecraft is the best selling XBLA game of all time and that's with it also being one of the most expensive. I doubt it goes on sale for a very long time.

I'd say buy it now. I have put more hours into that $20 game than 99% of retail games.

#1976 bunck

bunck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

Too bad you can't use microsoft points to buy a gold membership, it's only $40 right now and with the half price points cards...

#1977 lakers2008

lakers2008

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

Try gohastings.com if you don't mind getting a used copy.

thx but I dont buy used games. Their is just something about ripping the plastic off a game that turns me on. LMAO. No seriously I dont buy used games because who knows what ppl do with their discs.
http://www.points2sh...?ref=lakers2008

Earn Cash, Win Call of Duty, Halo, NBA, NFL and every other game for Free. Yes, Free Check it out and see. It truly is free.

#1978 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

Can anyone recommend the Ghost Recon FS DLC? I just got the game for cheap on Microsoft's website and am trying to decide if I should grab the DLC or not.

Anyone?

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#1979 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

Just tried the demo of "I Am Alive", and while interesting, it's not a must buy for me. I'll wait for an even bigger discount in the future to consider purchasing it.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#1980 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

Playing the game on PS+ (finished up to the first generator so far), it's decent enough, but there are some puzzles that can feel very similar to Portal (not that it's a bad thing exactly, but you get a sense of deja vu) & I LOOOAAATTTHHH having to do puzzles involving persist jumping. Accurate jumping in 1st person is not fun in any way, especially since it's hard to tell exactly how far you can jump. That's probably why I didn't enjoy the demo for Mirror's Edge.

It's not enough to ruin the game for me (they haven't been bad too far), but it's frustrating trying to beat the time or shift limit and fail because you jumped too far or too short, let alone lose a life because you were over a bottomless pit. Once I play more of the game, I think my opinion will change, either for the better or worse.

Quantum Conundrum is a quality game for $7.50. The biggest annoyance is definitely the first-person platforming, it's not way too bad for trying to beat a level, but I expect trying to beat the level under the par time, it will cause a decent amount of cursing.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!