XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#1981 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

it will cause a decent amount of cursing.

Well that's up for interpretation. How much cursing must one do before it crosses into indecency? :p

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

#1982 Necrozilla

Necrozilla

meeeeeeeeeeeeep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:33 AM

OMFG I looked yesterday for Batman: Arkham City dlc but that HQR dlc didn't have the actual game's name in front of the dlc so I skimmed over it in the 1 day only list. Fuck I also looked in the dashboard ad and didn't see it on BF, ughh...

Posted Image

Canceling Tomb Raider pre-order to offset HQR's full MSRP cost and humility.

Edited by Necrozilla, 25 November 2012 - 12:52 AM.

H A V E03ol2Bg.pngH A V E

vTIvNK1.gifhlCUS8Z.gif

#1983 Triatacon

Triatacon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

As a newly wealthy CAG (in Microsoft spacebucks, courtesy of Target), which XBLA sale items should I pick up in my nouveau riche shopping spree? Is Worms: Ultimate Mayhem worthwhile? What about Metal Slug XX? I'm almost certainly getting Spelunky, Warp and the Monster World collection.

#1984 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

OMFG I looked yesterday for Batman: Arkham City dlc but that HQR dlc didn't have the actual game's name in front of the dlc so I skimmed over it in the 1 day only list. Fuck I also looked in the dashboard ad and didn't see it on BF, ughh...

Posted Image

Canceling Tomb Raider pre-order to offset HQR's full MSRP cost and humility.

It was in its own separate tab under 1 day sale

funny gif

#1985 bajingo

bajingo

I ride with El Rey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:13 AM

As a newly wealthy CAG (in Microsoft spacebucks, courtesy of Target), which XBLA sale items should I pick up in my nouveau riche shopping spree? Is Worms: Ultimate Mayhem worthwhile? What about Metal Slug XX? I'm almost certainly getting Spelunky, Warp and the Monster World collection.

couldnt get any targets to honor this! thank goodness for walmarts ad matching.

all i know about is Metal slug XX, if you like those games, it really is more of the same. i played through it when that glitch happened a while back and it was fun, but as far as im concerned all the metal slug games are pretty similar, afficianados will tell you different though. im going to pass on getting it, almost bought it a second ago but decided not to go completely ape shit with this new found bounty of points.

edit: i have 2 worms games that ive bought, and played not much of either-but i believe those are like MS games, if you really like the gameplay, you will probably like each incarnation of the series

#1986 wEEman33

wEEman33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

Spelunky FTW.

Best game in the sale by far.

#1987 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:53 AM

Spelunky is just really boring after a few runs.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#1988 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:28 AM

Quantum Conundrum is a quality game for $7.50. The biggest annoyance is definitely the first-person platforming, it's not way too bad for trying to beat a level, but I expect trying to beat the level under the par time, it will cause a decent amount of cursing.

Agreed. I just powered up the first generator and I'm not even sure I'm going to see it through - there's no way I'm doing any speed runs or shift runs. No chance. This game has a ton of unrealized potential. The first person puzzles are really fun but they seem kind of the same from room to room. Gee, another safe and another cardboard box?

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#1989 ERROR SUCCESS

ERROR SUCCESS

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:50 AM

Other than some of the red-background Doorbusters and green-background Friday-only stuff, the entire ad pricing is good until they close Saturday at 11pm. (Back cover: "Advertised Sale Prices Good November 22-24, 2012")

This deal is forcing my hand to get The Walking Dead digital rather than waiting for the disc to release :oldman:

Well, the digital is cheaper than the release msrp of the disc. Which means you would need to wait on a special for the disc. I'm too afraid of tripping over a spoiler to do that. Something like every second post on /v/ was an ep 5 spoiler this week. No thx.

#1990 seppuku

seppuku

too many games, not enough time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:11 AM

Was playing the demo for Expendables 2 (in anticipation of its presumed sale on Monday) and got an error. The game isn't very well done, but I'll probably bite if it's marked down to 320 or less..... I thought the demo for Quantum Conundrum indicated a pretty good game, but I'll borrow Portal 2 from a friend if/when I need a first person action puzzle game fix.
XBLA wish list: Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds, Double Dragon Neon...
Xbox 360 wish list: Diablo III

#1991 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:23 AM

I assure you it is the best buy you can do, those who are undecided read this article to save myself write a lot.

http://www.gamasutra...hp#.ULDww4ZFmvt

Two days ago I finished the Hell (+150 hours) and I'm so happy and you were the only person in quote my post that I will make you a proposal, if you decide to buy Spelunky and finish the game (real finish, Hell level) I'll give you 200 MSP (making the game will cost you 400 MSP) a very small reward for such a great feat.

I don't know you and don't know how good player you can be but I make this proposal almost sure that the money will never be claimed.

Cool offer, I'll eventually play this game so it was nice to get the review link. Thanks!
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#1992 Triatacon

Triatacon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:12 AM

edit: i have 2 worms games that ive bought, and played not much of either-but i believe those are like MS games, if you really like the gameplay, you will probably like each incarnation of the series

The issue in comparing Worms: Ultimate Mayhem to other games in the Worms series is that it is 3D, whereas the others are all 2D. I adore the 2D Worms games. I've never played one of the 3D Worms games. I suppose I could try a demo of it, but laziness prevails.

#1993 billydeewilliams

billydeewilliams

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:33 AM

I got a question about the map passes. I use to recover my gt on my bros console then download a map pack on his console then recover my gt back to my console and download the map pack on mine so that we both have the map pack on both our console but only having to purchase it once. My question is would this be possible to work on map passses? I never bought one so im not sure how it would work? I want to buy halo and black ops 2 map passes but i want to share with bro. Any info would be helpful

#1994 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:41 AM

I think I played Worms Mayhem on Xbox once. It's a weird game because it's in 3D. 2D just seems to be so much more fitting for Worms.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#1995 Lonedragon87

Lonedragon87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:19 AM

Any recommendations. On dead island ryder white or sega vintage monster saga one?

#1996 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

Any recommendations. On dead island ryder white or sega vintage monster saga one?

Just grab the GOTY Dead Island cheap instead.

A big yes for Monster World.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#1997 Lonedragon87

Lonedragon87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

Just grab the GOTY Dead Island cheap instead.

A big yes for Monster World.

Already have a vanilla version of dead island still in the backlog

#1998 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:17 AM

Here

For anybody on the fence about the Mass Effect 3 Leviathan DLC Sale, buy it now.The Arrival DLC for Mass Effect 2 was only on sale once, and if you missed it, too bad.

I picked up the Raven Strike DLC and Leviathan from the one day sale. I'm hoping Microsoft puts up Dragon Age 2 DLC or more Mass Effect 3 DLC on sale later this year.

Good point. I always try to pick up anything I want the first and possibly only time they're on sale for this reason.

This week I've only picked up Spelunky and the ME3 Leviathan DLC. After playing all the SVC packs I decided nostalgia wasn't enough to buy the Golden Axe and Streets of Rage packs again if they're all on the Sonic Genesis Collection disc. I didn't dig the other two packs that I was unfamiliar with. Even though I just ordered GRFS for $10 through the MS Store I don't see myself playing the MP much so I passed on the DLC.

A generous CAG hooked me up with a ton of the cheap Target cards but I'm still a cheapass and aren't going on a buying spree of things. I'll still probably only buy things on sale or that I want at launch. I remember I picked up a bunch of points years ago during that Circuit City screw up where it was BOGO on 1600 MSP cards and I thought I'd never run out. That was early in the console cycle where there wasn't a lot on the Marketplace and few games had DLC. Now is a different story and points and HDD space are precious.

Edited by Cleaner7, 26 November 2012 - 09:23 AM.

#1999 sram

sram

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

Anyone played NFS Most Wanted 2012? What exactly the Passcode offer? Multiplayer / match making online? I'm considering buying used. As buying Passcode on XBL marketplace would cost me 800 MSP right?

Same question for Tiger Goods 13.

#2000 Stephan123

Stephan123

Happy CAG User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

Hey guys,

On the dutch dashboard (Europe) it says Gotham City Imposters will be one of the cyber monday deals. Anyone know this already?

#2001 BFBB Delicious

BFBB Delicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

Just read the last 5 or so pages of this topic and keep seeing things about a sale on Monday. I got a ton of MSP to burn, can anyone help me out? Link? List of items on sale?

Edit: NVM, I found it.
Posted Image

#2002 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

Wow, this was a great week for sales. Picked up South Park, Rock Band Blitz, Doom 2, and Spelunky. Thanks for all the updates.

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#2003 billydeewilliams

billydeewilliams

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

anybody doing the halo 4 xbox rewards promo thingy. I think i am up to 102 hours with only 6 days left. i swear im done with halo after november lol

#2004 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

This is the first Black Friday XBL sale I didn't buy anything during. These deals are for things that don't interest me in the least aside from Spelunky but I can't buy that because I know it will piss me off so much. Same reason I won't buy Super Meat Boy.

#2005 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

I meant to pick up a few more cards from Target after work last night, but it slipped my mind. Rats!

anybody doing the halo 4 xbox rewards promo thingy. I think i am up to 102 hours with only 6 days left. i swear im done with halo after november lol

I should be eligible for the first prize, maybe even the second (doubtful), but there was no way in hell I could vie for the full 800 MSP bounty and stay sane. The MP is great but not life-consuming great.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

#2006 Juice el Savior

Juice el Savior

Urban Yeti

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

I want opinions on spending these 3000 pts I have... out of everything REVEALED to be on sale (yes im a sad sap and im still hoping for a 100-200 pt sale on a game) I honestly want some things but dont know if i can swing it.

L4D2 + All of its DLCs (with Cold Stream being on sale Monday)... along with the game (1600) which TWO DLCs (560) would you recommend if i had to leave one behind? I have one of the DLCs for L4D1 I believe... The Sacrifice? I dont own L4D1 anymore though.

I used to love Metal Slug to death, i have only played the demo on this game but i noticed all of the added extra stuff (never owned a MS disc game, only played in arcades), for someone who puts Contra on his top 5 list is this a must buy sale price? 600 MSP

The Walking Dead Episode 5 - Yeah I know its not on sale, but honestly I have done this well to not trip over spoilers, i fear my luck may be running out :( 400 MSP

Im gonna go crank out work on my bing rewards accounts, i hope you guys can sway me with some advice. Im interested in Shadow Complex, but not for 600 msp, its been that point a few times. Though I do love Metroidvania style games. Let me know what you guys think I should do. The only thing im on the table iffy over is Metal Slug XX, I havnt tried the Worms 2 demo yet though.

Im happy these sales popped up for one, i was planning on just downloading the halo map pack ffs

fs_xbox.png

ach.png

Currently Playing: Halo 4, CS:GO (360), Skyrim, and Garou: MotW (360)

#2007 cthomer5000

cthomer5000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

L4D2 + All of its DLCs (with Cold Stream being on sale Monday)... along with the game (1600) which TWO DLCs (560) would you recommend if i had to leave one behind? I have one of the DLCs for L4D1 I believe... The Sacrifice? I dont own L4D1 anymore though.

Well, if you've already played The Sacrifice enough that seems like the most sensible one to skip. Cold Stream is the best deal, especially if you've sold L4D1, because it contains most of those campaingns, plus Crash Course which itself was a DLC campaign.

Here are the campaigns that come in the DLC packs:

The Passing
  • only The Passing

The Sacrifice
  • The Sacrifice
  • No Mercy

Cold Stream
  • Cold Stream
  • Death Toll
  • Dead Air
  • Blood Harvest
  • Crash Course

#2008 Juice el Savior

Juice el Savior

Urban Yeti

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

Well, if you've already played The Sacrifice enough that seems like the most sensible one to skip. Cold Stream is the best deal, especially if you've sold L4D1, because it contains most of those campaingns, plus Crash Course which itself was a DLC campaign.

Here are the campaigns that come in the DLC packs:

The Passing

• only The Passing

The Sacrifice
  • The Sacrifice
  • No Mercy

Cold Stream
  • Cold Stream
  • Death Toll
  • Dead Air
  • Blood Harvest
  • Crash Course

I dont even remember playing the sacrifice its been so long... i might not have even played lol, i might have just bought it on sale. I guess what i am really asking for is a little more detail on the campaigns themselves.

I never understood the L4D system. Isnt there a way to have the entire disc game via DLC for L4d2?

also, if i cut out TWD i guess i have enough to snag L4D2 (1600) 3 dlc (280)x3 and MSXX (600) ... I have exactly 3070 MSP doesnt that put me at 3040?

i really want an honest opinion on MS before i pull the trigger on it, and are any of those campaigns not really played that much? That could help me save some points. No point in buying unused DLC right?

fs_xbox.png

ach.png

#2009 Juice el Savior

Juice el Savior

Urban Yeti

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

Anybody? Now im kinda foaming for a different game, because my rank in Halo 4 was reset for no reason. I might use swear words during a match, but i dont cheat or threaten anyone, nor am i racist... i just dont understand this system 343i has set up...

fs_xbox.png

ach.png

#2010 johnpap

johnpap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

After playing all the SVC packs I decided nostalgia wasn't enough to buy the Golden Axe and Streets of Rage packs again if they're all on the Sonic Genesis Collection disc.

Same thought.

I didn't dig the other two packs that I was unfamiliar with.

At first (and as I said in a previous post) I was going to skip these... but eventually I digged the 2 packs that had games missing from the disc collection.

This way I have a complete sega pack + disc and now I'm gonna just wait for ToeJam & Earl to go on sale. Of course there's always a chance for a disc based Sega collection vol 2 as well as more SVC releases to pop up in the future... so you decide. I just couldn't wait... :(