Photo
- - - - -

XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#2221 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:26 PM

I have a feeling we won't have great deals until the countdown to the new year. Isn't that when the SoA games usually go on sale? I want Dust.

seanr1221.png

#2222 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

Save your pennies, & pick up a preowned copy from Best Buy for $9.99 w/ free shipping. I picked it up last year when they offered B2G2 which I had never seen them do before. Disc, original case & manual in great shape. If you don't want to take your chances of them selling out before they have another preowned sale, then make your move now!!
After all........ we are CHEAP ASSES aren't we ?! :)
$9.99 is better than $16.99 right ?!

http://www.bestbuy.c...rcade&lp=1&cp=1

Thanks! I picked one up. Have RZ and silver membership, so it was $8.99 shipped + tax.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Azure Striker Gunvolt, :360: N/A, :ps3: N/A, :ps4: Diablo 3, :wiiu: Hyrule Warriors

#2223 twisted poke

twisted poke

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

Patiently waiting for a discount on Shank 2...

#2224 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

"Mr Neato" if you're nasty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

Dogfight 1942 & DLC is randomly on sale. Anyone know if this is a permanent price drop?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2225 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

Totally forgot to check for a possible Cyber Monday sale. Sure, I missed some crap (Expendables and Real Steel), but it was crap I didn't yet own! Drat.
-Michael

Posted Image

#2226 pyoobez

pyoobez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

I meant the number of things on sale. Did the BtS sale really have more stuff on sale than we had last week?

If the BtS sale was the one that had some of the older (and mostly crappy) GoD games for 400 ms, then probably. If not outright more stuff on sale then it definitely had better deals and more first time mark downs.

Oh and between the Halloween sale and the BF, I'm slightly bummed The Sacrifice never went on sale for 280 for the original Left 4 Dead. I have it for L4D2 and couldn't justify buying it for $7 or even $5. But for tree fitty, I'd likely grab it.
Posted Image

#2227 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Still waiting on 400 price point...

Me to. Was going to pick it up at 400pts for sure. MS just can't do shit vs the Steam sales. Picked up so many damn games from Steam that were $5 or even better ($1 Torchlight holla!)

#2228 NoDAK

NoDAK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

EDIT: Anybody know where the thread is where you can get cheap msp?
trying to seach for the post but i that comes up is the trading forum posts.

I assume you meant this one:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=248984

#2229 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

If anyone is actually considering Deadliest Warrior, a few stores on amazon are fulfilling Amazon's orders fr $6.99. So you can get the first game AND the second game with all DLC for $6.99. Just gota find filler items unless your on prime.

http://www.amazon.co...130259&sr=1-197

#2230 JMJimmy

JMJimmy

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

Anyone know what the story is on Dogfight 1942? Are the price changes a reduction or sale?

#2231 Masters_93

Masters_93

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

I have a question about GTA4.
I have the standard disc and the separate disc with the dlc.
Do i have to change discs or does it download? and I am not talking about the complete edition.

I'm fairly sure you have to switch discs to play between the "vanilla" and dlc discs to play, although you may want to confirm again.

#2232 E.Nich

E.Nich

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

Patiently waiting for a discount on Shank 2...

If do you like Shank, be sure you would really enjoy Shank 2 even for 800MSP (I paid them with pleasure). That said, I'm almost sure it will be on sale this december.

#2233 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

I bought Lost and Damned at 800 long ago and wanted BoGT to go on sale too. Now it's on sale I'll have to pass it up since I still have other games I want to play first I think it'll be 400 next time lol.

#2234 IronsideGrunt

IronsideGrunt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

I share this opinion, Vice City remains my favorite GTA game without question.

Definitely the best one they have made IMHO.

#2235 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

I assume you meant this one:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=248984

Thanks for that

#2236 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

Did whoever updated the OP just figure that next week's Deadliest Warrior sale was too awful to include? LoL

There's no specific updater to the OP, so feel free to make the appropriate edis. :-)

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#2237 Tarheel76

Tarheel76

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

If anyone is actually considering Deadliest Warrior, a few stores on amazon are fulfilling Amazon's orders fr $6.99. So you can get the first game AND the second game with all DLC for $6.99. Just gota find filler items unless your on prime.

http://www.amazon.co...130259&sr=1-197

Thanks for the post ! Picked up a copy, and I'm on my free trial of PRIME, so I'm GOLDEN.....it'll be here Friday.

#2238 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

Free Xbox LIVE Gold Weekend for US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan & Mexico

If you haven’t had a chance to check out the latest entertainment experiences on Xbox, this weekend is a great chance to give it a try. From Thursday, Nov. 29 through Sunday, Dec. 2, we’re unlocking Xbox LIVE Gold in United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Mexico.

All Xbox owners in these regions, regardless of their current subscription, will have access to online multiplayer gaming, (like Halo 4 Spartan Op) Internet Explorer, Video Kinect and our entire catalog of entertainment apps, during that time period.

major nelson

#2239 seppuku

seppuku

too many games, not enough time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:09 AM

For the speculators in the group, I found a list of Ubisoft published XBLA games on their site: http://www.ubi.com/U...aspx?plTag=xbla. I already own several games on that list, but there's a couple more I'd like to add to my collection if they were to go on sale. I think another sale on Assassin's Creed DLC is more likely though. :-)
XBLA wish list: Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds, Double Dragon Neon...
Xbox 360 wish list: Diablo III

#2240 Tarheel76

Tarheel76

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:21 AM

Hey Gamers-
Has anyone downloaded and have experience playing the GOD for the week "Warriors : Legends of Troy" ? It's $29.99 or 2400 MSPs.
It sucks the actual game disc isn't available in the U.S., and I just hate having such a large game like this on my hard drive. (Almost 6GB) And yes, I have a few 32GB USB drives I picked up from Newegg's sale from this weekend, and I already had some 16GB drives on hand.
I'm not concerned about the points, not the issue in the least, because I racked up BIG TIME over this BF weekend with the 1600MSP price matching. And purchasing the game would sorta be like getting it for half price anyway from the asking price.

I've looked at a few video reviews on Youtube, and I just haven't been swayed to pull the trigger to purchase, and then again, I haven't had the feeling to completely walk away from it. AAccck, why couldn't a physical copy be available in the U.S. !!! At least give me a demo Microsoft....geesh !!

Thanks for any insights and opinions you all have....appreciate it.

#2241 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:37 AM

Hey Gamers-
Has anyone downloaded and have experience playing the GOD for the week "Warriors : Legends of Troy" ? It's $29.99 or 2400 MSPs.
It sucks the actual game disc isn't available in the U.S., and I just hate having such a large game like this on my hard drive. (Almost 6GB) And yes, I have a few 32GB USB drives I picked up from Newegg's sale from this weekend, and I already had some 16GB drives on hand.
I'm not concerned about the points, not the issue in the least, because I racked up BIG TIME over this BF weekend with the 1600MSP price matching. And purchasing the game would sorta be like getting it for half price anyway from the asking price.

I've looked at a few video reviews on Youtube, and I just haven't been swayed to pull the trigger to purchase, and then again, I haven't had the feeling to completely walk away from it. AAccck, why couldn't a physical copy be available in the U.S. !!! At least give me a demo Microsoft....geesh !!

Thanks for any insights and opinions you all have....appreciate it.

You the dev? This is the exact same thing you posted earlier and there was some comments. I get the feeling this is some poor attempt to advertise the game. Check back the last couple of pages if you are actually interested in comments.

#2242 Tarheel76

Tarheel76

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:45 AM

You the dev? This is the exact same thing you posted earlier and there was some comments. I get the feeling this is some poor attempt to advertise the game. Check back the last couple of pages if you are actually interested in comments.

No, I'm not the dev.......and the only comment from earlier was mentioning price. I thought by posting it again, perhaps someone may have taken the plunge and could give some insight.

THANK YOU.

#2243 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:50 AM

It has a 54% on Metacritic, so I imagine it's not amazing.

#2244 Tarheel76

Tarheel76

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:03 AM

It has a 54% on Metacritic, so I imagine it's not amazing.

THANKS a million Dark Rider !

#2245 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:05 AM

GTA IV is showing up as $19.99 Is it supposed to be $10?

#2246 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

I see $9.99 on the web site. Are you checking from a 360 with a Gold account?

#2247 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:17 AM

I see it listed for the $9.99 discounted price. It's a Deal of the Week so you have to be a Gold member to buy it at that price. If you are and it's not try looking on another source. Are you on your Xbox dashboard or xbox.com? If you've only tried one check the other.

No, I'm not the dev.......and the only comment from earlier was mentioning price. I thought by posting it again, perhaps someone may have taken the plunge and could give some insight.

THANK YOU.

That's cool, you just have to be careful went reposting your own comments, if you are a regular around here you would realize that spammers tend to do that...

Wasn't trying to come off as a jerk about it. Next time you want to bump a question why not just say something like "Anyone else have anything to say about X?" rather than copying and pasting your previous post.

FWIW you will find it very hard to find people here that have played a GoD only game that is priced seemingly a bit high. We are Cheapassgamers after all, there are quite a few of us that REALLY want Deathsmiles 2 (myself included), but aren't willing to shell out the cash. So a more obscure title is going to be even harder to get responses on.

#2248 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:17 AM

I see $9.99 on the web site. Are you checking from a 360 with a Gold account?

Damn, didn't notice I wasn't signed in. Thanks!

#2249 Tarheel76

Tarheel76

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:26 AM

That's cool, you just have to be careful went reposting your own comments, if you are a regular around here you would realize that spammers tend to do that...

Wasn't trying to come off as a jerk about it. Next time you want to bump a question why not just say something like "Anyone else have anything to say about X?" rather than copying and pasting your previous post.

FWIW you will find it very hard to find people here that have played a GoD only game that is priced seemingly a bit high. We are Cheapassgamers after all, there are quite a few of us that REALLY want Deathsmiles 2 (myself included), but aren't willing to shell out the cash. So a more obscure title is going to be even harder to get responses on.

Thanks Chrono -....appreciate it.....and I understand.

#2250 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:30 AM

Thanks Chrono -....appreciate it.....and I understand.

No worries mate. My suggestion is if you want the game and you were able to get some of the cheap MSP last week I'd just pull the trigger. There's very little chance it'll be discounted and being relatively unknown it may get pulled before you get the chance to buy it on sale. I'm thinking that Deathsmiles 2 might be popular enough to get a sale, but that's a tough sell since it's a niche market.