XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#2371 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

Ikaruga was just on sale for 400, less than a month ago.

^^ This

I just want Skullgirls. Realms of Ancient War got panned pretty bad but it's my type of game so I would pick that up for half off as well. And maybe that game with the oddball pricing, Crimson Alliance is it?

#2372 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

Oh! And if GoD are offered I want Deathsmiles 2.

#2373 Shifty Effect

Shifty Effect

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

I see your Mark of the Ninja (even though I doubt it'll go straight down to 50% off... maybe more like 25% during Christmas sales) and raise the stakes with I Am Alive and FEZ :bouncy:

Deadlight is a title which gradually fell off my radar after reading all the lukewarm feedback it collected through the Interwebs... I might still snag it at 50% off, though it'll fall right into my massive backlog for future enjoyment (or so I hope).

Oh, and a mass discount on every The Walking Dead episode would be appreciated as well, especially since I'm still deciding on what platform I want to play it on :)

My thoughts exactly.

#2374 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

Long wish list for me:

Fez
From Dust
Dust: An Elysian Tale
Guilty Gear
NiGHTS
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Deadlight
Bloodforge (400msp or bust!)
Skullgirls
Pinball Arcade
Sine Mora
The Simpsons Arcade (passed last time hoping for a deeper discount next time it goes on sale)
NBA Jam (600 max-the 800msp deals don't work for me)
Dungeon Defenders DLC
Galaga Legions DX (How has this still not gone on sale??)
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes (passed on the 600msp sales hoping for 400, now kind of regretting it)

Also still hoping we get a Deathsmiles 2 sale. I expect a Borderlands 2 Season Pass sale eventually. If it goes for 50% off I'm in. Otherwise I'll probably wait for the individual DLCs to go on sale for half off the first time they do.

#2375 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

Ooh, FEZ. Yes, FEZ. I forgot about FEZ.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2376 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

Wow, you guys are hurting for a lot of games. The only game I can think of that I may pick up (and it's not even certain I would) would be Nights.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#2377 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

I'll jump on the bandwagon with things I'd like to see discounts on...

FEZ. That, if nothing else. Skullgirls, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Half-Minute Hero, Scarygirl, and Awesomenauts. I'll throw in another vote for Deadlight though I haven't even tried the demo. I'd bite on Deathsmiles 2X at the right price. It's probably too soon to hope for TJ&E, Nights, or Double Dragon Neon, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

As for sales I'd love to see repeated: All Zombies Must Die, Crimson Alliance, Guardian Heroes, I Am Alive (but cheaper!), From Dust (cheaper!!!), Sine Mora, Sonic 4 Ep. 2, Resident Evil 4.

And thanks to Chrono Gear for reminding me of Nights and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. I'll bite on the latter at 400 or something. Hahaha. F U Capcom.

Oh. And Death Tank, for the hell of it. First DOTW I ever missed. Long, long ago...

Edited by dark_inchworm, 03 December 2012 - 06:17 PM.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#2378 Masters_93

Masters_93

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

I only have one game that I hope goes on sale, Dust: An Elysian Tale

But I do want the Gears of War 3 season pass or the story DLC (can't remember name) to go on sale as well because I missed those the first time.

#2379 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

Call me petty but the obnoxious dude that made Fez gets none of my money.

#2380 BNoyes

BNoyes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

I had already bought the game before I realized how annoying he is. I may not have bought it had I already known. Same with Minecraft.

Oh, and I'd really like to see Dust go on sale. I just got a bunch of points from that Gamestop thing and need to spend it on something. I'll wait until the holiday sale, although this has been my first year gaming with Steam, so the XBLA sales don't seem so great anymore.

#2381 Juice el Savior

Juice el Savior

Urban Yeti

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

I need some help guys... im not going to have access to the internet after tomorrow afternoon. I have 600 msp pending and another 200 coming today from my bing accounts. I also am trying to trade my Halo 4 spec code for Bing points... ill cave for 400msp but less is fine because im in a pinch for time now.

I wanted opinions on what i should get as far as 800 pt games go or how would you spend 800 msp before tomorrow 6pm EST

im looking for something that i can play that wont require online play but will still take up alot of my time. Yes I have Bastion already.

Also, isnt there a developer's sale tomorrow? So there are still things that are gonna be on sale that we dont know about as of now correct? Plus Scratch and Match will change too...

I dunno guys, im really bummed. Im being illegally evicted and my dad just died recently, sob story aside i just need something to keep me occupied until i can get the internet turned on at the new place. Im not interested in any of the Sega AM2 games because we all know Sega will flip those for 200 in a couple of months.

So if anyone wants to bite on that Halo 4 spec code... send me a pm, otherwise ill be awaiting some suggestions kind sirs and madams

Also, im guessing that im not gonna get my points from last month in time am i? I should get 200 MSP for the hours i put into Halo 4... literally 2 hours off of 70 hours -_-

fs_xbox.png

ach.png

Currently Playing: Halo 4, CS:GO (360), Skyrim, and Garou: MotW (360)

#2382 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

Understandable, though I think Rivers Cuomo is a colossal douche and I still attend Weezer shows. By paying for the product I'm just showing my appreciation for the art, not actively endorsing someone being an asshole. Now, if someone revealed that Phil Fish stuffs babies in burgers, I might have to bail out too...

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

#2383 jaso

jaso

Requiesce in pace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

Absolutely. I made this same comment after watching Indie Game: The Movie. Actually, a lot of those independent developers were pricks. One of the Super Meat Boy guys seemed kind of cool, though.

#2384 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

i heard bill gates isn't the nicest guy, better return your xbox

#2385 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

Mark of the Ninja
Dust
Half minute hero
Battlefield 3 maps or premium discount
Minecraft

BF 3 Premium Edition (Game plus Premium code) was $25-$30 everywhere on BF.

#2386 Althax

Althax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

BF 3 Premium Edition (Game plus Premium code) was $25-$30 everywhere on BF.

And I was really tempted. But I already have the vanilla game with karkand so $30 seemed like a lot just to get the 3 or so packs I needed.

#2387 BNoyes

BNoyes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

i heard bill gates isn't the nicest guy, better return your xbox

If the jerky devs whose games I'd rather not support started setting up charities to do the same things that the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation accomplishes, I'll start looking past their jerkiness and start supporting their games. But for now, they're just jerky devs whose games I can live without (except the ones I've bought anyway).

#2388 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

Or instead of spending $25 to get $1 back, you could simply do 10 minutes of Bing searches in a week for free and get the same amount of MS points.

Terrible offer.

Amen. With Sony's horrible lack of PR for their games, it's amazing their deals blow MS out of the water.

#2389 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

And I was really tempted. But I already have the vanilla game with karkand so $30 seemed like a lot just to get the 3 or so packs I needed.

Well there's 4 packs outside of Karkand, but you could have traded your copy into GS to make up some of the difference.

#2390 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

25-Star General of the PSNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

Wow, you guys are hurting for a lot of games. The only game I can think of that I may pick up (and it's not even certain I would) would be Nights.

I'm in the same boat. I'd like to see Scarygirl on sale, but thanks to the trade thread here and random website giveaways, I've got pretty much everything I want on XBLA.

Absolutely. I made this same comment after watching Indie Game: The Movie. Actually, a lot of those independent developers were pricks. One of the Super Meat Boy guys seemed kind of cool, though.

It's funny how bad that movie made most of those devs look. Edmund McMillen was the only one who came off okay at all. Phil Fish looked like a total neurotic, Tommy Refenes kind of came off like a whiner, and Jon Blow kind of like a psycho. What was up with that part where Blow felt like people didn't understand Braid and have the same connection with it that he did? Of course they didn't, THEY DIDN'T MAKE IT!

That being said, I think it's important to separate an artist from their creations. Those who are skipping Super Meat Boy or Braid just because of the creators are really just missing out on 2 amazing games. Fez not so much...

/rant about Indie Game: The Movie.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (9/25/14): Don't Tell Me What to Do, Pharm!

#2391 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

If the jerky devs whose games I'd rather not support started setting up charities to do the same things that the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation accomplishes, I'll start looking past their jerkiness and start supporting their games. But for now, they're just jerky devs whose games I can live without (except the ones I've bought anyway).

we want to play good games, right?

shouldn't we support developers that make good games so we continue to see good games?

i's ok though i'm sure he'll survive without your 5 - 10 dollar purchase, just saying the only person affected by a grudge is the person holding a grudge

#2392 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

we want to play good games, right?

shouldn't we support developers that make good games so we continue to see good games?

i's ok though i'm sure he'll survive without your 5 - 10 dollar purchase, just saying the only person affected by a grudge is the person holding a grudge

No, Phil Fish is just a douchebag. I guarantee you his ass was kicked every other day growing up, and he hasn't learned his lesson yet.

He won't be in demand to produce more lol retro crap if we don't buy his games, and eventually he'll fade away. How many "good games" do you think are out there, anyway? Do you know how many games get released every week across all platforms? Unless you like elitist pricks, that is, which doesn't seem like a stretch for you.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#2393 E.Nich

E.Nich

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

Ikaruga was just on sale for 400, less than a month ago.

I do not have that sale app in my country. So waiting for a Dotw or some other sale. Anyways, I'm not in a hurry or something, and lately it seems that things that go to that sale app are likely to end in a Dotw sooner or later.

I need some help guys... im not going to have access to the internet after tomorrow afternoon. /
im looking for something that i can play that wont require online play but will still take up alot of my time.

Dude, as far as I know, you have to be online to play downloable games, isn't it? Or you will connect the Xbox with the hot spot of your mobile phone just for start the game then quit?

Btw for 800MSP to be hours occupied? Surelly you have tons of games in your backlog, don't think it is necessary to get more. What kind of games do you like? If you got Puzzle quest last sale, it sure can get you hooked several hours.

PD: I don't know you but I'm sorry to hear that things went to hell lately in your life.

#2394 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

Bill Gates is a multi-billionaire, so is this comparison anywhere near apt?

I had fun with the demo for Fez and stand by my decision to purchase it when it goes on sale - or cave when I have the points and nothing better to spend them on. I can't believe we're discussing this crap, like we are deeply familiar with the devs behind all the things we buy on XBLA and how the funds we provide them are being funneled into nefarious deeds, blah blah etc.

Though I do have a ferocious hatred for Penny Arcade and anything they're involved with, so I guess I'm right there with the lot of you.

#2395 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

No, Phil Fish is just a douchebag. I guarantee you his ass was kicked every other day growing up, and he hasn't learned his lesson yet.

He won't be in demand to produce more lol retro crap if we don't buy his games, and eventually he'll fade away. How many "good games" do you think are out there, anyway? Do you know how many games get released every week across all platforms? Unless you like elitist pricks, that is, which doesn't seem like a stretch for you.

You right. He just look like a piece of shit.

#2396 Juice el Savior

Juice el Savior

Urban Yeti

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

someone is biting on my halo 4 spec code! SWEET... so now i should have 1200 msp to spend and im open to suggestions, does anyone know which company is having their sale tomorrow? If its in the OP i overlooked it...

fs_xbox.png

ach.png

#2397 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

Boy, I hope we get a Red Dead Redemption DLC sale next, we haven't had one in AGES.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#2398 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

someone is biting on my halo 4 spec code! SWEET... so now i should have 1200 msp to spend and im open to suggestions, does anyone know which company is having their sale tomorrow? If its in the OP i overlooked it...

Ubisoft

#2399 Juice el Savior

Juice el Savior

Urban Yeti

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

Ubisoft

... any good Ubisoft XBLA games?

fs_xbox.png

ach.png

#2400 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

... any good Ubisoft XBLA games?

http://www.ubi.com/U...aspx?plTag=xbla

Outland has gotten some fairly favorable buzz.