• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

I bit on Splinter Cell.

#2522 Strategy101

Strategy101

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

Even though Splinter Cell doesnt have the same brutal stealth requirements, it CAN be played with about as much attention to detail if you choose to. I played the game in SP and CO-OP with as much stealth in mind as possible and rarely ever had to engage in any major gunfights.

As others mentioned its simply able to be completed with gun battles occurring unlike previous installments in which they'd usually result in a "game over" scenario.

Its certainly not perfect, but its got a decent story, and pretty fun co-op (online/split screen available), and for 10-20 bucks its a worthwhile purchase if you like assassinating goons in a variety of ways repeatedly.

#2523 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

I can borrow the Assassin Creed games from my brother, are any of the DLCs worth getting? Or maybe I should get Splinter Cell? I could never get into the original, too much stealth for me. Is the multiplayer in Brotherhood very active?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2524 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

Oh, and anybody has info about this, which popped up as TBA here?

https://pbs.twimg.co...Ag5dK.jpg:large

I've spotted Ghosts'n Goblins and Black Tiger among others, and those two would be more than enough to give me a complete retrogasm! :bow: :bow: :bow:

"Hell yes" if it's one big XBLA release, "umm hmm huh maybe" if it's more like Game Room

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#2525 cthomer5000

cthomer5000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

"Hell yes" if it's one big XBLA release, "umm hmm huh maybe" if it's more like Game Room

Yeah, my gut feeling says it's a capcom 'Game Room.'

#2526 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

Considering how short lived Game Room was (it didn't even last a whole year), I don't know if they'd go that route, despite having that thought. I'm still sticking with my "port of Capcom Classics Collection games" theory.

Now the only question is how much it'll cost.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2527 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

"SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!" if it's one big XBLA release packed like a Game Room-style app, with virtual thematic cabinets designed like the ones in Final Fight Double Impact... a man can dream! :applause:
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#2528 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

So I'm debating on picking up the AssCreed collection and diving into the series. I've always planned to at some point, but I never assumed it may be digitally. This prices aren't bad stacked with Target points. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? I've barely ever touched the series, and I know a lot of people don't like 1, but if I'm going to experience the franchise I probably plan on going all the way through.

Also debating the Price of Persia as well as its Epilogue, never heard anything about these remakes. Any merit to them?

apathy.gif                                                                                                                                     NothingfaceICON1.gif

#2529 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

So I'm debating on picking up the AssCreed collection and diving into the series. I've always planned to at some point, but I never assumed it may be digitally. This prices aren't bad stacked with Target points. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? I've barely ever touched the series, and I know a lot of people don't like 1, but if I'm going to experience the franchise I probably plan on going all the way through.

Also debating the Price of Persia as well as its Epilogue, never heard anything about these remakes. Any merit to them?

If you absolutely have to play AC1, play it first. There's no way you could go back to it after playing 2 or the other sequels.

But I'd still recommend skipping 1, it's extremely repetitive from a gameplay standpoint.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#2530 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

I've never bought any games from Xbox live market place besides the DLC. I'm assuming the purchased contents will stay in your account forever? Or does it only save on the hard drive only?
Thanks!
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#2531 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

I've never bought any games from Xbox live market place besides the DLC. I'm assuming the purchased contents will stay in your account forever? Or does it only save on the hard drive only?
Thanks!

It'll stay tied to your account. You can redownload it anytime you want.

#2532 thrinn

thrinn

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

I've heard several people suggest you just get the cliff notes from AC1 on Youtube and jump right to the good stuff in AC2.

The Epilogue DLC is the single piece of DLC that I most regret buying, and this is coming from someone who thought that the PoP reboot was rather well done. You are literally traveling down a single long bland looking hallway the entire time fighting the same enemies you've already seen countless times in the core game. I'd suggest that you'd pick up the game and skip the DLC.

#2533 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

It'll stay tied to your account. You can redownload it anytime you want.

Thank you! I should redeem some of my cards to get ready for the Xbox live sales.
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
My game plays:
Posted Image

#2534 simmias

simmias

Don't believe his lies

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

I've heard several people suggest you just get the cliff notes from AC1 on Youtube and jump right to the good stuff in AC2.

I must be the one person who liked AC1.

The Epilogue DLC is the single piece of DLC that I most regret buying, and this is coming from someone who thought that the PoP reboot was rather well done. You are literally traveling down a single long bland looking hallway the entire time fighting the same enemies you've already seen countless times in the core game. I'd suggest that you'd pick up the game and skip the DLC.

Agree completely. It's a collection of the most frustrating platforming parts of the main game, and it all takes place in an ugly environment. The main game is pretty good, though.

#2535 akmgmer

akmgmer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

I enjoyed the game a lot when it first came out but I don't think I could go back to it now. ACII just improved everything about the experience.

76561197977258746.pngAddFriend.png 

Spoiler

#2536 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

Can't recommend AC1 enough due to the fact that it's the first and last to actually employ some degree of stealth tactics to complete missions. Plus, the story is interesting and thought-provoking without forcing itself into the crazy mashup of all conspiracy theories ever made like its successors did: it's like Lost's first season, full of mystery and unexplained (thus fascinating) things, while sequels try to throw a bunch of things into the equation, some nice and others much less so, while at the same time losing focus on the premises, again like Lost's following seasons.
Unfortunately, there's very little "gaming" aside from the assassinations, so all missions will start to feel the same after a short while...

The 2008 remake was full of potential and truly gorgeous to behold, but ultimately fell short due to boring (albeit stunning) level design and dull combat... still, it was quite a pleasant journey for me to experience and I found the normal ending very "open" but perfectly fine. Take the DLC for completionism's sake, but keep in mind that it packs the most tedious aspects of the game and another ending which is worse than the first... :-#
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#2537 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

AC1 may not compare to II, but remember guys and girls: achievements! ;)

So we're a few days into December... anybody know what's up with the family pack monthly markdown?

(was editing the op, done now.)

Edited by dark_inchworm, 05 December 2012 - 12:27 AM.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

#2538 ERROR SUCCESS

ERROR SUCCESS

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:21 PM

Was really hoping to see far cry 2 and dlc go on sale, but I guess they don't want to cannibalize far cry 3.

Having said that, the GoD version is actually competitively priced...

#2539 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

Downloading Beyond Good & Evil HD right now. I'll say it's a steal for $5(400MS points).
My game plays:
Posted Image

#2540 PrinnyJ

PrinnyJ

Stay@HomeDad Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

Nope, I liked it too. :D

f9509b11-21f8-4b63-811c-78542e58e3cf_zps

Latest reviews: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (PS3)

Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends (PS3)

New!  "Game Rants" now available exclusively on the X-Pound Proboards: Handsome Jack

Latest video: PAX 2013: Bayonetta 2 Impressions   |   Check out the latest XGR podcast on Youtube!

#2541 simmias

simmias

Don't believe his lies

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

Can't recommend AC1 enough due to the fact that it's the first and last to actually employ some degree of stealth tactics to complete missions. Plus, the story is interesting and thought-provoking without forcing itself into the crazy mashup of all conspiracy theories ever made like its successors did: it's like Lost's first season, full of mystery and unexplained (thus fascinating) things, while sequels try to throw a bunch of things into the equation, some nice and others much less so, while at the same time losing focus on the premises, again like Lost's following seasons.
Unfortunately, there's very little "gaming" aside from the assassinations, so all missions will start to feel the same after a short while...

The 2008 remake was full of potential and truly gorgeous to behold, but ultimately fell short due to boring (albeit stunning) level design and dull combat... still, it was quite a pleasant journey for me to experience and I found the normal ending very "open" but perfectly fine. Take the DLC for completionism's sake, but keep in mind that it packs the most tedious aspects of the game and another ending which is worse than the first... :-#

These are both pretty spot-on assessments, IMO.

#2542 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

I don't know why I'm tempted on all the Games on Demand games. I've completed Assassin's Creed I and II and got rid of them and still own Brotherhood (completed but want to mop up achievements) and Revelations (haven't started). I passed on the ACII DLC but own all the rest. I have a copy of SC Conviction and the DLC but haven't started on either. Picked up the PoP Epilogue DLC on sale previously but no longer have the game so that one tempts me the most rather than tracking down a used copy. I heard Forgotten Sands isn't that great so it's a definite no. I think having it digitally and getting rid of the discs would make me feel less bad about my physical backlog but I'll save my points. All great deals for anyone who doesn't own any of them.

I'll have to play the trial for Might & Magic and Zeit 2 to see if I want them. I vaguely remember playing the latter but not biting at 400 MSP since it was cheaper on Steam at the time or something but at 200 MSP it's perfect.

Seeing the Deadliest Warrior stuff on disc makes me want to pass on that even though I have the first game w/out the DLC. Maybe I'll just grab the DLC and not get the sequel + DLC.

During Black Friday I bought the Batman AC GOTY. I hope it has a code for all the individual DLC and isn't on disc since I bought the Nightwing pack when it was on sale previously. If not, oh well.

I hope the countdown to the New Year sale is great with some new first time discounts otherwise I'll be sitting on these points for awhile.

#2543 ERROR SUCCESS

ERROR SUCCESS

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

Well the AC2 DLC has no achievements. It's alright if I remember, played it on Steam a long time ago. Couple of new tombs.

I would pass.

#2544 Bramblefang

Bramblefang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

Would someone like to give an opinion on which of the following I should purchase?

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World + Rayman 3 HD (400 + 400 = 800 MSP)

or

From Dust (800 MSP)

#2545 wEEman33

wEEman33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

All those game suck.

Spend the 800 on Trials HD.

#2546 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

Would someone like to give an opinion on which of the following I should purchase?

or

From Dust (800 MSP)

Ignore weeman because Scott Pilgrim is awesome. I'd say go with the pair instead of biting on From Dust, and follow the herd of us waiting for a deeper discount.

Also, IMO, spending 800 on Trials HD would be a waste when you can commonly find the Trials/Limbo/Splosion Man disc for around $10.

#2547 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:30 AM

Thanks for the opinions guys! I may just end up passing on AssCreed in its entirety again. I figure if I had really cared about playing it by now I would have and don't want to simply bite because I have an abundance of points. Would rather purchase non discounted content I genuinely have a lot of interest in.

Will probably grab the Persia remake though.

or

From Dust (800 MSP)

Personally, I'd go with Scotty and the the Eggplant.

apathy.gif                                                                                                                                     NothingfaceICON1.gif

#2548 Bramblefang

Bramblefang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

All those game suck.

Spend the 800 on Trials HD.

Already own it :)

Thanks for the responses guys. I guess I'll be jumping onto the bandwagon, crossing my fingers in hopes that From Dust drops a teeny bit more in price.

#2549 Saren Arterius

Saren Arterius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

Already own it :)

Thanks for the responses guys. I guess I'll be jumping onto the bandwagon, crossing my fingers in hopes that From Dust drops a teeny bit more in price.

Rayman and scott for sure, the first is a good platform game long and fun and the second is an amazing beat em up to play with friends (on the couch).

Both very fun games.

#2550 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:02 AM

I was browsing XBLDB and happened to notice that even more Guitar Hero/DJ Hero DLC is on sale, though the selection is mostly crap, IMO. I squeezed 'em into the OP, but here they are again (without hyperlinks, because I'm a doodoohead):

Motörhead Track Pack (GH3) - 250 MSP ($3.13) - 50% off
The Killers Track Pack (GHWT) - 220 MSP ($2.75) - 50% off
Fall Out Boy Track Pack (GH5) - 220 MSP ($2.75) - 50% off
KISS-mas Track Pack (GH:WoR) - 220 MSP ($2.75) - 50% off
Indie Hip Hop Mix Pack (DJH2) - 320 MSP ($4.00) - 50% off
deadmau5 Head - Red (Avatar Item) - 160 MSP ($2.00) - 50% off

Spylon, if you're reading this - your site didn't pick up the KISS-mas pack discount. I remember you asking me about similar things in a lengthy post several pages back, but frankly I'm not sure how I can assist you further.

I've never made a habit of buying avatar items, but I have to admit I'm tempted by the deadmau5 head.