XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#2551 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

Would someone like to give an opinion on which of the following I should purchase?

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World + Rayman 3 HD (400 + 400 = 800 MSP)

or

From Dust (800 MSP)

The former without question simply because Scott Pilgrim is one of the best beat-em ups this generation. Rayman is a decent game from what I've played of it and From Dust seems like a decent novelty for 600msp. I just can't convince myself to buy it for 800. I almost never buy a game for more than 600 though.

#2552 Juice el Savior

Juice el Savior

Urban Yeti

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:17 AM

AC2. Still the best in the series.

I have been hearing this forever and i literally just played through the first game. With my 1200 MSP i bought AC2 and I bit on Sonic Fighters, im moving in with my sister and her kids loved the heck out of the demo and played that 60 seconds over and over... how could i not buy it?

I guess this is a final farewell for 2012 from me... i know im a hardhead but i also know that you guys have saved me alot of... well i dont know how to put it, money seems like its not a strong enough word because its more. The year i have been here has truly been eye opening and motivating to me for a lot of things.

I mean, just as a small example... Bing Rewards, do you guys realize that i have redeemed over 120 bucks worth of MSP this year? A whopping 90ish came from Bing Rewards alone and i never knew about it until you guys referred me when i was looking for a quick 100 msp to even my account out.

There are ways you can have the things you want, no matter how small or large it may be, and you can have it at YOUR price if you play your cards right.

I know, im a sap, but i really have appreciated CAG and im gonna miss you guys for the next month, mainly this thread...

Here is hoping that the days to xmas are crappy so i wont truly be missing anything :lol:

The best deal i redeemed this year, was my first post in this thread back in February, it all started there.

fs_xbox.png

ach.png

Currently Playing: Halo 4, CS:GO (360), Skyrim, and Garou: MotW (360)

#2553 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

Ac 2 > ac3

#2554 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:26 AM

I have been hearing this forever and i literally just played through the first game. With my 1200 MSP i bought AC2 and I bit on Sonic Fighters, im moving in with my sister and her kids loved the heck out of the demo and played that 60 seconds over and over... how could i not buy it?

I guess this is a final farewell for 2012 from me... i know im a hardhead but i also know that you guys have saved me alot of... well i dont know how to put it, money seems like its not a strong enough word because its more. The year i have been here has truly been eye opening and motivating to me for a lot of things.

I mean, just as a small example... Bing Rewards, do you guys realize that i have redeemed over 120 bucks worth of MSP this year? A whopping 90ish came from Bing Rewards alone and i never knew about it until you guys referred me when i was looking for a quick 100 msp to even my account out.

There are ways you can have the things you want, no matter how small or large it may be, and you can have it at YOUR price if you play your cards right.

I know, im a sap, but i really have appreciated CAG and im gonna miss you guys for the next month, mainly this thread...

Here is hoping that the days to xmas are crappy so i wont truly be missing anything :lol:

The best deal i redeemed this year, was my first post in this thread back in February, it all started there.

I am truly touched by your sentiments. Step with me over here, away from everyone else, and I'll be sure to give you a big sloppy dog kiss.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#2555 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:41 AM

bought Robin and Nightwing DLC, next is Brotherhood, Revelations and probably all the DLC and then all my cheap BF points are gone
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#2556 wEEman33

wEEman33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:09 AM

Scott Pilgrim is one of the best beat-em ups this generation

Considering there have been no good beat em ups this generation, that's not much of an accomplishment.

Sure, the art is nice and purdy, but everything else about Scott Pilgrim is inferior to the 1990s beat em up classics.

#2557 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:23 AM

Considering there have been no good beat em ups this generation, that's not much of an accomplishment.

Sure, the art is nice and purdy, but everything else about Scott Pilgrim is inferior to the 1990s beat em up classics.

I'll grant the genre has been pretty much non-existant this generation. Castle Crashers was pretty fun too. Other than those I can't really think of a good one in a while.

I have to disagree about SP's quality. The art is great, but so is the sound-music and effects. Plus the gameplay is about as fun as it gets for a beat-em up. Loved finding the hidden unlockables and the weapons were more than novel. The Heart Sword is a game-changer if you've never used it. Plus the boss fights were varied and fresh. The continued lack of online play is a tragedy and it really is far too late to make a difference but would be nice to see when it does finally happen. I still need to do the Knives DLC to retake my 100%.

#2558 harry hood

harry hood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:27 AM

Any opinions on Zeit2? The time mechanic has to at least be entertaining enough for 200msp

#2559 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:27 AM

I'd like to know what beat-em-ups you played that were substantially better than Scott Pilgrim, and why...

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

#2560 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:31 AM

I'd like to know what beat-em-ups you played that were substantially better than Scott Pilgrim, and why...

nostalgia

if scott pilgrim was available in 1990, it would be the "best" beat em up ever

#2561 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:32 AM

AC GOD sales are too little too late since I've gotten them at those prices elsewhere. I didn't like SC Conviction at all, so that's out. Prince of Persia: TFS is three times higher than the last sale price I remember for it, so that's also a no go.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#2562 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:35 AM

nostalgia

Damn, you translated his post and he hasn't even submitted yet! :D

#2563 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:45 AM

I know that wasn't directed at me, but I think Battletoads Double Dragon was better because it was so Fuck'n brutally hard it was fun for some reason. I also really enjoyed Streets of Rage 2 and a few others I'm sure I'll think of. I think SP could stand with any of them.

#2564 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

I really love SP and could see myself popping quarters in to play it at an arcade. Ubi-Soft should consider it.
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#2565 nadohawk

nadohawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:16 AM

Was thinking of Conviction, but it'd be cheaper with Gamestop's B2G1 deals and I'd have a physical copy to show off....I hope other publishers follow suit because I have much more invested with the others.
1 John 1:7,9
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

#2566 seppuku

seppuku

too many games, not enough time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:28 AM

So we finally get a game for 75% off (Zeit) and it's one I've purchased at 50% off and never got around to playing. Sunnuvabitch!

Same here. I'll try playing it this week and report back my impressions for those on the fence, but at only 200 msp it should be a no brainer for anyone who is entertained by the demo.

I'm tempted to finally get Babel Rising for my son, but I'm worried it will be another one of those Kinect games that's given away for free 2 weeks after it's been on sale.

Also considering one of those Assassin's Creed games, but I may be able to borrow it from a friend.

Splinter Cell Conviction was fun. I enjoyed the more battle intensive nature over the heavy stealth gameplay of its predecessors.
XBLA wish list: Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds, Double Dragon Neon...
Xbox 360 wish list: Diablo III

#2567 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:47 AM

Play the demo of Zeit2 if you're interested in it, that will basically tell you what the whole game is. There are basically 4 or 5 zones of 4 levels each, with a boss at the end of each zone. A couple new weapons are thrown into the game as you advance, but besides that, the time-shifting mechanic is the only thing that makes this stand out from a generic shoot em up.

There are a few challenge levels thrown in as well to give the game a little bit more substance, but I really didn't spend a whole lot of time with them, save for the few I needed to play for achievements.

I remember cussing at the game a couple times during frustrating parts, and I do remember the final boss to be a bit of a pain. But I was also able to 200/200 it, which is something I don't do all that often (I think my completion percentage is like 46%) so that should tell you that the game is not a hard 200/200.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#2568 BettercallPitPat

BettercallPitPat

to-go cup

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:46 AM

Speaking of frustrating, does anyone want to come to my house and play through spelunky for me, that game is so fucking hard but I wish I could get through it, ever.

#2569 Modus Pwnens

Modus Pwnens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:47 AM

Does anyone know if there are still people playing AC:Revelations multiplayer now that 3 is out? (Specifically, if people are still playing on the DLC playlists...)

#2570 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:42 AM

Speaking of frustrating, does anyone want to come to my house and play through spelunky for me, that game is so fucking hard but I wish I could get through it, ever.

Haha Fuck that game.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#2571 billydeewilliams

billydeewilliams

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:45 AM

nostalgia

it was.

river city ransom

games are so much alike

i love them both

#2572 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:58 AM

So the Tony Hawk HD DLC finally comes out today. Even though I get how the math works I can't pay 400 points for 3 new stages. I'll wait for a sale next year I guess.

#2573 dominator

dominator

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:46 AM

Dang, I'm actually considering getting AC2, but I've already beaten it, but just have like 4 achievements left (feathers and some other stuff). Hmm, maybe I'll just rent it or something, don't know if I can justify 10 dollars on a game I might not play again (but I sure as heck thing it's an amazing game). I might get the rest of the DLC for all the other AC games though plus some more arcade games.

With that said, anyone on the fence about AC that hasn't played it, buy them! AC1 is awesome IMO, but if you play it after any of its sequels, you might want to gouge your eyes out, it will be very boring, but I think it might be worth going through it and experiencing the game yourself.

TapouT545.pngTapouT32.jpg

126410.png

#2574 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:52 AM

*shakes head*

Scott Pilgrim, Castle Crashers, and Double Dragon Neon are all quality titles.

Anyone on the fence about Splinter Cell: Conviction should pick it up. It's a great combination of stealth and 3rd person shooting/action. Lots of ways to approach situations, all of which are fun. Co-op and versus modes are also great.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#2575 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:15 AM

They really, really need to do another Streets of Rage. The nostalgia for that awesome sort of setting and story that was perfect in the 90s, is very much a thing that Sega should cash in on.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#2576 sicsonic

sicsonic

100% Natural Good Time Family Band Solution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

I freaking love Scott Pilgrim (The Video Game). Everything about it, the sprites/ art style, the music (anamanaguchi's stuff here is one of my fav. VG soundtracks of all-time) & sound effects, the difficulty. One thing they messed up was no online multiplayer, but I hope that DLC still sees the light of day, even if years late.

Great, GREAT beat-em-up.

#2577 Woltaire

Woltaire

2NE1 & SNSD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:18 AM

Anyone on the fence about Splinter Cell: Conviction should pick it up. It's a great combination of stealth and 3rd person shooting/action. Lots of ways to approach situations, all of which are fun. Co-op and versus modes are also great.

Also, if you're a fan of the TV series "24," it feels like you're in one of the seasons while you play as Sam Fisher.
Posted Image

#2578 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

Isn't it better to buy this splinter cell trilogy:
http://www.amazon.co...er cell trilogy
than buying the xbox market price?
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#2579 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

Isn't it better to buy this splinter cell trilogy:
http://www.amazon.co...er cell trilogy
than buying the xbox market price?

Good luck getting that to run on your Xbox 360. :booty:

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#2580 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

Dang, I'm actually considering getting AC2, but I've already beaten it, but just have like 4 achievements left (feathers and some other stuff). Hmm, maybe I'll just rent it or something, don't know if I can justify 10 dollars on a game I might not play again (but I sure as heck thing it's an amazing game). I might get the rest of the DLC for all the other AC games though plus some more arcade games.

With that said, anyone on the fence about AC that hasn't played it, buy them! AC1 is awesome IMO, but if you play it after any of its sequels, you might want to gouge your eyes out, it will be very boring, but I think it might be worth going through it and experiencing the game yourself.

:-s you pay full price for your msp? if not then it's easily justifiable ;)