#2581 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

Isn't it better to buy this splinter cell trilogy:
http://www.amazon.co...er cell trilogy
than buying the xbox market price?

That collection doesn't include SC: Conviction. If you're interested in just getting the first three SC games and you have a PS3, then yes, it's a better deal.

#2582 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

Any opinions on Zeit2? The time mechanic has to at least be entertaining enough for 200msp

I picked it up yesterday without playing the demo. This reminded me how badly I suck at shooters. I regret spendign the 200 msps on it now. I recommend playing the demo first.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#2583 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

Speaking of frustrating, does anyone want to come to my house and play through spelunky for me, that game is so fucking hard but I wish I could get through it, ever.

I know someone who got 100% on it, but she's in Sweden so it'll cost you the cost of a trans-Atlantic flight. :)
Just play something else and pretend you don't have the game. Spelunky is the one game whose code I got a couple of times for free and I never bothered redeeming them.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#2584 BettercallPitPat

BettercallPitPat

I ride with El Rey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

I picked it up yesterday without playing the demo. This reminded me how badly I suck at shooters. I regret spendign the 200 msps on it now. I recommend playing the demo first.

Haha ooga I've made that mistake a few times with the super cheap games, no more! Just played the demo and it all feels pretty uninspired, pass unless you looooove shmups made in this country. Art style looked just like everything was made of ghost boogers, rewind and FF features weren't enough to sell me on it. If still interested try the demo and see for yourself. Yeah it's only 200 msp, but people here often won't buy an 800 pt game and holdout for 600....

And spelunky has so much cool stuff I'll never get to see! Wish they made a patch with more lives, it could disable leader boards I don't care about that stuff

#2585 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

25-Star General of the PSNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

And spelunky has so much cool stuff I'll never get to see! Wish they made a patch with more lives, it could disable leader boards I don't care about that stuff

I made that exact comment when the game first came out. They definitely need to patch in an "easy mode" for us non-masochists. I definitely want to see that later levels too.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (9/25/14): Don't Tell Me What to Do, Pharm!

#2586 LondonGaijin

LondonGaijin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

They really, really need to do another Streets of Rage. The nostalgia for that awesome sort of setting and story that was perfect in the 90s, is very much a thing that Sega should cash in on.

News about this today, funnily enough. Prototype SoR footage leaked, unlikely to see the light of day.:

Also Trading:
>>>

Spoiler
<<<

#2587 darkrun

darkrun

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

I hope they add the first 4 Splinter Cell games to XBLA arcade in the future.

I plan on getting all the DLC for Assassins Creed, even the multiplayer ones just to have them.

#2588 Althax

Althax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

Is the splinter cell dlc worth getting? From the description it sounds like a multiplayer mode. Does anyone play it anymore?

#2589 Yars

Yars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

Is the splinter cell dlc worth getting? From the description it sounds like a multiplayer mode. Does anyone play it anymore?

You can play the maps in single player or co-op. They're all player-vs-AI based. I was able to find a couple of online games yesterday without too much work. Once you've played the maps that come with the game then you have a pretty good idea of what you can expect from the DLC maps.

#2590 Dthib87

Dthib87

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

about to try out guardians of middle earth the moba game on xbla. not sure how that will turn out i just don't see the important parts of mobas being able to be recreated on a controller. not having last hits and all that takes out a lot of what makes someone good at the genre. it's got pretty good reviews and i want to like it so we shall see.

#2591 Dthib87

Dthib87

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

couldn't finish a match vs AI. moba just doesn't work for me without keyboard and mouse.

#2592 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

Huh we DID get a substituion deal instead of Deadliest Warriors...we got Orcs must Die instead half off it seems...

#2593 ivegotalobon

ivegotalobon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

Was going to actually get that bane mask from the chain reaction but it is a shit 1

ivegotalobon.jpg

#2594 Trapcom

Trapcom

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

Just bought AC: Brotherhood and SC: Conviction. Awesome deals this week.

#2595 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

When it comes to Spelunky, I wish they had more save points. Some levels are easier than others. I finally got far enough that I don't have to play those caves anymore (it's anoying when they ask you to donate bombs to make a shortcut and you don't have any). It's annoying but fun. Kind of like Zuma.

Nothing for me this week.

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#2596 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

25-Star General of the PSNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

When it comes to Spelunky, I wish they had more save points. Some levels are easier than others. I finally got far enough that I don't have to play those caves anymore (it's anoying when they ask you to donate bombs to make a shortcut and you don't have any). It's annoying but fun. Kind of like Zuma.

Nothing for me this week.

Wait until you get further to see what he wants you to donate...

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (9/25/14): Don't Tell Me What to Do, Pharm!

#2597 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

Conviction's DLC maps are fantastic, better than the main campaign's maps, I think. But you want to dick around in the Deniable Ops solo modes for a bit to make sure that stuff is up your alley.

I want to like Zeit2 but I cannot manage to buy it because of the DRM on the PC version.

Spelunky bores me. Yes, it's hard, but it certainly isn't fun.

Considering there have been no good beat em ups this generation, that's not much of an accomplishment.

Sure, the art is nice and purdy, but everything else about Scott Pilgrim is inferior to the 1990s beat em up classics.

I'll grant the genre has been pretty much non-existant this generation. Castle Crashers was pretty fun too. Other than those I can't really think of a good one in a while.

I have to disagree about SP's quality. The art is great, but so is the sound-music and effects. Plus the gameplay is about as fun as it gets for a beat-em up. Loved finding the hidden unlockables and the weapons were more than novel. The Heart Sword is a game-changer if you've never used it. Plus the boss fights were varied and fresh. The continued lack of online play is a tragedy and it really is far too late to make a difference but would be nice to see when it does finally happen. I still need to do the Knives DLC to retake my 100%.

I'd like to know what beat-em-ups you played that were substantially better than Scott Pilgrim, and why...

*shakes head*

Scott Pilgrim, Castle Crashers, and Double Dragon Neon are all quality titles.

Anyone on the fence about Splinter Cell: Conviction should pick it up. It's a great combination of stealth and 3rd person shooting/action. Lots of ways to approach situations, all of which are fun. Co-op and versus modes are also great.

DAMN EVERY ONE OF YOU PHILISTINES. Have NONE of you played Shank 2?! Streets of Rage Remake?! Double Dragon Iphone?! And that's just THIS year. I hope you all choke. You're just as bad as the people who think adventure games died after Grim Fandango and none at all were released until Telltale started Sam and Max.

I will agree that Scott Pilgrim and Castle Crashers are a far cry from great. They are decent but nobody is going to remember them down the line. Double Dragon Neon was dumb fun but I still think it is weak compared against every DD on the SNES and later.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#2598 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

Just to chime in on the Spelunky discussion, I grabbed it on sale about two weeks ago and I have to say that its one of my most regrettable purchases on XBLA ever. I pulled the trigger based on nearly everyone who frequents this threads overbearing enthusiasm for the title, but I just see no magic in it at all. I can't seem to squeeze any fun out of it at all while playing, and its not due to the difficulty mind you. I just find it uninspired and would always rather be doing/playing something else.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#2599 Dthib87

Dthib87

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

Just to chime in on the Spelunky discussion, I grabbed it on sale about two weeks ago and I have to say that its one of my most regrettable purchases on XBLA ever. I pulled the trigger based on nearly everyone who frequents this threads overbearing enthusiasm for the title, but I just see no magic in it at all. I can't seem to squeeze any fun out of it at all while playing, and its not due to the difficulty mind you. I just find it uninspired and would always rather be doing/playing something else.

That's too bad. I put a lot of time into spelunky and still love it.

#2600 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

That collection doesn't include SC: Conviction. If you're interested in just getting the first three SC games and you have a PS3, then yes, it's a better deal.

Oh yeah, thanks! I'm assuming SC: Conviction is only on the 360?
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#2601 Yars

Yars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

Oh yeah, thanks! I'm assuming SC: Conviction is only on the 360?

360 and PC.

#2602 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:25 AM

That's too bad. I put a lot of time into spelunky and still love it.

Yeah, its disappointing. I guess it just doesn't click with some people. I'm glad people enjoy it, just wish I was one of them. At least I didn't purchase it day one.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#2603 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

DAMN EVERY ONE OF YOU PHILISTINES. Have NONE of you played Shank 2?! Streets of Rage Remake?! Double Dragon Iphone?! And that's just THIS year. I hope you all choke. You're just as bad as the people who think adventure games died after Grim Fandango and none at all were released until Telltale started Sam and Max.

I will agree that Scott Pilgrim and Castle Crashers are a far cry from great. They are decent but nobody is going to remember them down the line. Double Dragon Neon was dumb fun but I still think it is weak compared against every DD on the SNES and later.

I was in essence asking for his clarified opinion, you dumbass.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#2604 E.Nich

E.Nich

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:45 AM

Shank 1 & 2 FTW this generation. I really didn't like Scott Pilgrim, it's a pretty game, but boring as hell.

BTW finally got AC II and I feel dirty for using so many space points for a saga It never really interested me. But as everyone says it's the best AC at least if I ever play one of the saga it will be this one. As a side note, Resident evil saga never interested me and now I'm playing RE4HD in profesional difficulty. Amazing game.

#2605 Zexy

Zexy

I know I'm sexy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands was 400 MSP during the GoD sale this June

#2606 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:06 AM

Shank 1 was awesome. Waiting on a sale on 2 so yea that is probably a great one too. Can we count the SoR remake if it hasn't officially been sanctioned or released? Regarding DD for iPhone, nope, I just straight missed that one. As soon as it drops to my $0.99 price point I'll get it. Until then it can wait.

Adventure games? Meh, I haven't played anything really good in a long time. I played through the first 2 seasons of Sam & Max recently and they were good, but nothing special at all. Funny, but only sporadically.

I'm still going to have to disagree about SP not being great. I contend it is an all around great game. It won't be remembered because nobody played it. That doesn't mean it doesn't deserve a special place in history. It's not an epic game or the best that ever existed or anything, but it's still great fun.

Edited by Chrono Gear, 06 December 2012 - 04:07 PM.

#2607 Yars

Yars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:07 AM

Double Dragon Neon was dumb fun but I still think it is weak compared against every DD on the SNES and later.

Is RollingSkull a... a Double Dragon V fan? :hot:

#2608 Althax

Althax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:13 AM

Wow, I'm loving spelunky! It's tough but I just enjoy the fun gameplay a lot. It works wellon me!

#2609 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:35 AM

For Revelations, is the Lost Archive DLC worth the 400? Getting the game, dont wanna waste points for lame DLC
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#2610 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:57 AM

Is RollingSkull a... a Double Dragon V fan? :hot:

N-n-now wait a minute. Let's not be hasty here. I clearly, plainly misspoke.

You don't just SAY that about a man.

Shank 1 was awesome. Waiting on a sale on 2 so yea that is probably a great one too. Can we count the SoR remake if it hasn't officially been sanctioned or released? Regarding DD for iPhone, nope, I just straight missed that one. As soon as it drops to my $0.99 price point I'll get it. Until then it can wait.

Adventure games? Meh, I haven't played anything really good in a long time. I played through the first 2 seasons of Sam & Max recently and they were good, but nothing special at all. Funny, but only sporadically.

I'm still going to have to disagree about SP not being great. I contend it is an all around great game. It won't be remembered because nobody played it. That doesn't mean it doesn't deserve a special place in history. It's not an epic game or the best that ever existed or anything, but it's still great fun.

I will agree to disagree with you on SP. DD on Iphone likely won't drop though. I think the devs are foreign enough that they don't "get" Ibuzz.

And Shank 2 is SUCH a marked improvement that I cannot even play Shank 1 again. It's just that good. While you wait, you should check to see the update notes for Shank 1. They went back and redid that to have right-stick dodging among other things.

I'm here for you.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.