Photo
- - - - -

XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#2671 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

It'll probably go on sale around the time the Xbox 420 is out.

While I know it's not the name, I really shuddered at the thought of that. I can only imagine the pathetic disappointment stoners would find when they light a fire at one side and try to inhale through the opposite.

#2672 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

While I know it's not the name, I really shuddered at the thought of that. I can only imagine the pathetic disappointment stoners would find when they light a fire at one side and try to inhale through the opposite.

The fire part will probably be handled by the console all by itself.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#2673 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

Does anyone want to trade their Bully: Scholarship Edition in mint condition for my 1600 MS points? Personally, I prefer physical copies than digital!
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#2674 Althax

Althax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:05 AM

Just cause I want it doesn't mean I have to pay full price. I refuse to pay $20 for an arcade game. I have difficulty justifying $15 for an arcade game.

Exactly. This is cheap ass gamers, not which games are worth full price gamers.

#2675 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:07 AM

it's worth $20 though if you truly WANT to play it.

I think it's worth $20 when it's patched to match where the PC version is, or at least gets closer. Which is why I wait and don't mind waiting more to see if a $5 price drop happens in the meantime.

Then again to people like me, Minecraft is more silly novelty. I will never design things or anything and get real into it. So it's value is much reduced to me. It's hard for me to even put together it's draw at all. It's basically a grind or an interactive lego set.

That's never going to be worth $20 to me but that doesn't mean it isn't worth that to many, many people.

#2676 Perfidious Sinn

Perfidious Sinn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:35 AM

Maybe a weird question, but since they're both on sale...is there any difference between "Bonfire of the Vanities" and "Bonfire of the Vanities & Secret Locations"? The Assassin's Creed 2 DLC, that is.

The latter is cheaper and seems to have more content. Any reason to buy the other?
Posted Image

#2677 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:53 AM

is there any difference between "Bonfire of the Vanities" and "Bonfire of the Vanities & Secret Locations"? The Assassin's Creed 2 DLC, that is.

The latter is cheaper and seems to have more content. Any reason to buy the other?

I was just going to ask the same thing.

I have another question though.
I have Assassins Creed 2 Game of Year Edition.
I know it includes the battle of Forli, but i am not sure about the other dlc.
Also is the dlc built onto the disc, or am i missing the redeem codes?

One more thing.
Is there a Assassins Creed Revelations Edition that includes all of , or most of, the dlc on sale?

#2678 mirai

mirai

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:35 AM

I was just going to ask the same thing.

I have another question though.
I have Assassins Creed 2 Game of Year Edition.
I know it includes the battle of Forli, but i am not sure about the other dlc.
Also is the dlc built onto the disc, or am i missing the redeem codes?

One more thing.
Is there a Assassins Creed Revelations Edition that includes all of , or most of, the dlc on sale?

from amazon
http://www.amazon.co...n/dp/B003XU6U5S

Assassin’s Creed 2 Game of The Year Includes:

Assassin's Creed 2 full game
Both DLC packs remastered onto the game disc : Battle of Forli & Bonfire of the Vanities. No need to download any content to play!
3 Templar Secret Location remastered onto the game disc (Palazzo Medici + Santa Maria dei Frari + Arsenal Shipyard), previously only available in the Assassin's Creed 2 Black Edition. No need to download any content to play!

so it includes Bonfire of the Vanities and Secret Locations. and all DLCs are built into disc according to amazon, for UK edition anyway.

Assassins Creed Revelations: The Lost Archive includes some features already included in certain special editions of this game (Animus/Collector/Signature/Ottoman/Utimate), Vlad the Impaler's Prison being the main one.

Maybe a weird question, but since they're both on sale...is there any difference between "Bonfire of the Vanities" and "Bonfire of the Vanities & Secret Locations"? The Assassin's Creed 2 DLC, that is.

Secret Locations includes "3 Templar Secret Location [...] (Palazzo Medici + Santa Maria dei Frari + Arsenal Shipyard), previously only available in the Assassin's Creed 2 Black Edition."

#2679 Perfidious Sinn

Perfidious Sinn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:45 AM

Thanks for the info.

Them putting both versions on there is a little confusing. Especially considering the sale made the "better" version of the DLC cheaper!
Posted Image

#2680 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:24 AM

alright, I bought the first Assassin's Creed and didn't like it at all. is ACII enough of an improvement to change my mind? I hear so many great things about the series that I want to give it a chance. But 1 was bordering on boring/bad.

$10 seems like a good deal considering I haven't been able to find a cheap used copy.

#2681 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:31 AM

alright, I bought the first Assassin's Creed and didn't like it at all. is ACII enough of an improvement to change my mind? I hear so many great things about the series that I want to give it a chance. But 1 was bordering on boring/bad.

$10 seems like a good deal considering I haven't been able to find a cheap used copy.

I'm on the same boat with you. The first Assassin's Creed was terrible, except the eagle Swan dive to the hay. I thought that was hilarious and pushing people to the water so they can all die. After that game, I decided not to pick up any other AC series, but my friends seem to love them.
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
My game plays:
Posted Image

#2682 Perfidious Sinn

Perfidious Sinn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:57 AM

Assassin's Creed 2 is much better than the original. The controls are different but feel much more capable and it's a lot easier to do some badass-looking stuff. They diversify the mission variety and sidequests, which practically eliminates the big problem of repetition from the first game.

Also, the story is pretty interesting and more focused on making you care about the core cast. Ezio is so much more likable than Altair.

To sum it up, I don't like Assassin's Creed 1 that much either. Assassin's Creed 2 is one of my favorite games of this generation. Well worth $10, I'd say.
Posted Image

#2683 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:02 AM

I'm thinking about picking up Bully: Scholarship edition. Any thoughts about that game and it's current price?

I downloaded it and I think bestbuy.com had it at $14.99 used or preowned last time I checked. I love it, so many things to do. I love open world games though and Bully is a high school version of open world games.

#2684 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

I'm on the same boat with you. The first Assassin's Creed was terrible, except the eagle Swan dive to the hay. I thought that was hilarious and pushing people to the water so they can all die. After that game, I decided not to pick up any other AC series, but my friends seem to love them.

If you like this, at least check out the Mafia II demo since there are docks with people on them that you can shove into the water to their underwater graves that brought me a lot of entertainment.

I may have to go for Bully if I get around to it, though I'd like to know if all of the technical issues have been addressed from anybody that has played it recently.

I actually really liked Assassin's Creed a lot due to the sandbox nature of the gameplay that reminded me a lot of Crackdown with stealth elements in place of superpowers. Though I really enjoyed ACII, the change to more of a GTA structure to the campaign was a disappointment at first.

#2685 Bercelak

Bercelak

You are welcome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

Same as others, I'm thinking of some assassin creed GoD games or sleeping dogs GoD game..

I enjoy playing games, so which one would I have more fun playing?
Chuck Norris won the 1983 world series of poker despite him holding just a joker, a 2 of clubs, a 7 of spades, and a green number 4 from Uno and a monopoly 'get out of jail free' card.

#2686 simmias

simmias

Don't believe his lies

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

I may have to go for Bully if I get around to it, though I'd like to know if all of the technical issues have been addressed from anybody that has played it recently.

I didn't play it recently, but I played it post-patch (2009-ish) and didn't have any of the problems I just read about with some Google-fu. It's a really fun game, the kind that should be moved near the top of any backlog, IMO.

#2687 cthomer5000

cthomer5000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

In 10-12 hours to play I've had the scripting break in 1 encounter (i think using a vending machine in the middle of a mission-specific fight did this) and I had another issue where if i watched a cutscene in int's entirety it looped the final part of the mission again. After doing the final part for a 3rd time, i skipped the cutscene and it ended the mission correctly.

There are times when the frame rate is all over the place, but overall I would say it's fine. I wouldn't be scared off by technical issues, but you should except some. It honestly hasn't impacted my enjoyment of the game at all.

#2688 Raccoon2117

Raccoon2117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

I didn't play it recently, but I played it post-patch (2009-ish) and didn't have any of the problems I just read about with some Google-fu. It's a really fun game, the kind that should be moved near the top of any backlog, IMO.

Yeah, I played it about 18 months ago, and I experienced no glitches. There may have been one or two moments where the music started making weird noises but certainly nothing that would cause any real grief.

One thing that people do complain about is the completion achivement, saying they've done everything and are still around 99.5 or something.

It's a fantastic game. I even completed all of the achievements (didn't have a problem with that achievement I mentioned).

#2689 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

I'm thinking about getting all the walking dead episodes, got some questions. Do you always have to go back to the menu after each episode to go in the next? Also how do I know if I'll get 5% back or off or whatever when I get the episodes? I'll spend 2000 msp and get 100 right.

#2690 lupe guillotine

lupe guillotine

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

I'm thinking about getting all the walking dead episodes, got some questions. Do you always have to go back to the menu after each episode to go in the next? Also how do I know if I'll get 5% back or off or whatever when I get the episodes? I'll spend 2000 msp and get 100 right.

yes, you go back to the menu that in which you push play. It's not like the Netflix where it goes in to the next episode at the end of the episode.

#2691 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

yes, you go back to the menu that in which you push play. It's not like the Netflix where it goes in to the next episode at the end of the episode.

Thanks nm about the 5% rebate, I think its just 1% or 2%.

#2692 lupe guillotine

lupe guillotine

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

Thanks nm about the 5% rebate, I think its just 1% or 2%.

NP. I think it is 5% since the page for it says so:

http://rewards.xbox....lyptic-rewards/

#2693 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

Thanks for the responses guys. You guys got me sold on Bully.
My game plays:
Posted Image

#2694 tunavi

tunavi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

XBO's for 400 points please.

#2695 Masters_93

Masters_93

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

HELL YEAH !!

It feels like it's not even the same series anymore.
99% of the problems with AC1 were fixed for AC2 and they introduced a lot more great mechanics, locations, quest variety.

Not to mention, Eagle Diving from famous Renaissance era architecture never gets old !

#2696 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

alright, I think I'm sold on getting ACII.

my next question is... is there continuity in the storyline? meaning, will I be missing a good chunk of the story if I skip AC1?

I'd rather skip it... :p

#2697 harry hood

harry hood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

my next question is... is there continuity in the storyline? meaning, will I be missing a good chunk of the story if I skip AC1?

the story for AC1 and 2 are like the most important parts

#2698 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Owns Every Hamster Game* on PSN

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:23 AM

Just look it up online. Make sure you JUST look up AC1 though, apparently IGN's "Assassin's Creed in 5 minutes" covers ALL of them up to 3.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#2699 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:59 AM

I think it's worth $20 when it's patched to match where the PC version is, or at least gets closer. Which is why I wait and don't mind waiting more to see if a $5 price drop happens in the meantime.

Then again to people like me, Minecraft is more silly novelty. I will never design things or anything and get real into it. So it's value is much reduced to me. It's hard for me to even put together it's draw at all. It's basically a grind or an interactive lego set.

That's never going to be worth $20 to me but that doesn't mean it isn't worth that to many, many people.

That is so much more of a well-reasoned and fair response to Minecraft than the typical "I just don't get it." Whether or not you enjoy the building and designing or whatever, not being able to understand why people would like those activities seems pretty small-minded to me.

:applause: I'm stealing that.

I thought it was funny.

My belated thanks, gentlemen. :)

#2700 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

Skip AC 1. ACII is the start of a brand new protagonist, Ezio.