XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#2701 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

If I start a series I start with part 1 end of discussion =P you can't just skip them that's just not right =P lol

#2702 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

Skip AC 1. ACII is the start of a brand new protagonist, Ezio.

The true protagonist is Desmond and his story starts in AC1.

#2703 icp_00_111

icp_00_111

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

If I start a series I start with part 1 end of
discussion =P you can't just skip them that's just not right =P lol

I normally agree, but with AC I couldn't even finish the game because it just was not that fun to me, but ACII is one of my favorite games I have played on the 360. I picked up Brotherhood for 800 points this week and got Revelations for 8 bucks on amazon a couple weeks ago so I will be able to finally get back into the AC saga after I get through Saints Row 3.

#2704 SirChadlyOC

SirChadlyOC

Leveling up builds character

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

If I start a series I start with part 1 end of discussion =P you can't just skip them that's just not right =P lol

Like many other people have said, I would do the same thing, except Ass Creed 1 is so repetitive that I couldn't finish it. I couldn't start Ass Creed 2 until I finished 1, so what happened is that I haven't played any Ass Creed games in about 2 years.

Trust us, just start with 2. You will be a better person in the end.

#2705 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

Trust us, just start with 2. You will be a better person in the end.

I tried AssCreed 1 for 10 min, haven't touched any others since, and I'm a fantastic person.

apathy.gif

#2706 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

I will support the "start with AC2" movement. The gameplay in AC1 was boring and repetitive, and made me very hesitant to buy AC2. You can always watch youtube videos or read the wiki's to learn about what happened in AC1. Then play through the rest of the games. (It'll also save you a ton of time.)

P.S. I loved the other AC games; currently still playing AC3 so can't offer a good opinion on it til I'm done.

#2707 darkrun

darkrun

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

I disagree with mostly everyone here. It won't hurt to play AC1, it's not like you will be infected with some plague. I've played AC1 for about 4 years until I got AC2, and I don't regret it. Overall the assassinations are much better because you can plan them out in any way you can using clues and tips you get from doing the required missions beforehand. I'm not saying you should collect every flag, but play for the initial storyline and assassinations. Also if it's that bad, you could play AC1 alongside AC2, but I wouldn't just forget about AC1 completely. The main thing is the assassinations in this game. I do agree that this game is very repetitive, but at least give it a try.

#2708 SirChadlyOC

SirChadlyOC

Leveling up builds character

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

I tried AssCreed 1 for 10 min, haven't touched any others since, and I'm a fantastic person.

Ahh, but think how even more fantastic you would be if you had started with the second one! :booty:

#2709 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

I think eventually I'll go back to AC1. But like SirChadlyOC said, I think if I stick with AC1 first, lack of motivation due to having to slog it through 1 will keep me from ever getting to 2.

I put in a solid few hours into 1 when I first got it, and it felt like work. Haven't touched it for months now and most likely wouldn't have ever touched the series again until people started telling me how great 2 was.

#2710 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

I disagree with mostly everyone here. It won't hurt to play AC1, it's not like you will be infected with some plague. I've played AC1 for about 4 years until I got AC2, and I don't regret it. Overall the assassinations are much better because you can plan them out in any way you can using clues and tips you get from doing the required missions beforehand. I'm not saying you should collect every flag, but play for the initial storyline and assassinations. Also if it's that bad, you could play AC1 alongside AC2, but I wouldn't just forget about AC1 completely. The main thing is the assassinations in this game. I do agree that this game is very repetitive, but at least give it a try.

Its a game you should definitely play since its the first and it sets up the Desmond story. It isnt the best but I felt like the story after one got weird, AC2 was the first 1000/1000 I got though.

2 is definitely the best one, currently playing Revelations MP to get the cheevos and people who consistently play the MP of this series are IDIOTS.

I really dont like it
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#2711 Spylon

Spylon

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

I was browsing XBLDB and happened to notice that even more Guitar Hero/DJ Hero DLC is on sale, though the selection is mostly crap, IMO. I squeezed 'em into the OP, but here they are again (without hyperlinks, because I'm a doodoohead):

Motörhead Track Pack (GH3) - 250 MSP ($3.13) - 50% off
The Killers Track Pack (GHWT) - 220 MSP ($2.75) - 50% off
Fall Out Boy Track Pack (GH5) - 220 MSP ($2.75) - 50% off
KISS-mas Track Pack (GH:WoR) - 220 MSP ($2.75) - 50% off
Indie Hip Hop Mix Pack (DJH2) - 320 MSP ($4.00) - 50% off
deadmau5 Head - Red (Avatar Item) - 160 MSP ($2.00) - 50% off

Spylon, if you're reading this - your site didn't pick up the KISS-mas pack discount. I remember you asking me about similar things in a lengthy post several pages back, but frankly I'm not sure how I can assist you further.

I've never made a habit of buying avatar items, but I have to admit I'm tempted by the deadmau5 head.

Sorry, it seem's I'm always catching up on this thread, very busy time of year.

The issue is on xbox.com but I think I can fix it on my end. If I can fix it before the sale is over it will be caught and I'll just need to manually adjust the start date. If it is missed then I'll have to add the whole thing manually.

FYI, the best way to contact me is by posting a comment or new thread on xbldb. This thread moves too fast and I can't keep up.

Thanks
xbldb.com, the xbox live database featuring the latest xbox marketplace price drops feed

#2712 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

Ahh, but think how even more fantastic you would be if you had started with the second one! :booty:

The world is unprepared for such splendor. 8-)

apathy.gif

#2713 E.Nich

E.Nich

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

Well guys, do you think the list for the 12 one day sales for the end of the year will leak like last year? Really hope so :)

#2714 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

Well guys, do you think the list for the 12 one day sales for the end of the year will leak like last year? Really hope so :)

I do think that if it does leak, it won't be soon enough. hah

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#2715 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

Pro-tip on AC1: If you like achievements, look up the Conversationalist achievement for this game before you start.

I think the feeling of AC1 was cool. The actual game may not have been as great as the ones that follow it, but I don't think they ever got the feeling of the environment of AC1 back. It's worth playing for that (and to genuinely appreciate the better mechanics of the following games).

#2716 otangz

otangz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

I don't know how many people check the Contests and Free Stuff boards, so I thought I'd post this here in case any one missed it. Some people (myself included) have downloaded the Halo 4 Crimson Map Pack for free. You have to boot up Halo 4 and then go to the Downloadable Content (Xbox Live Market) link. The price (for some of us) showed up as zero.

This seems to be a US only deal... Here's the original link through Gamefaqs...

http://www.gamefaqs....halo-4/64879917

I can confirm that I downloaded the Crimson Maps and played an online match of capture the flag without problem.

#2717 boris1

boris1

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

forza rally expansion comes out next week for $20 but it comes with $50 season pass and could that go on sale for 12 days of christmas for half off so for $5 more I could get season pass I really want to get the expansion day 1 but could wait a week anyone know?

#2718 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

I don't know how many people check the Contests and Free Stuff boards, so I thought I'd post this here in case any one missed it. Some people (myself included) have downloaded the Halo 4 Crimson Map Pack for free. You have to boot up Halo 4 and then go to the Downloadable Content (Xbox Live Market) link. The price (for some of us) showed up as zero.

This seems to be a US only deal... Here's the original link through Gamefaqs...

http://www.gamefaqs....halo-4/64879917

I can confirm that I downloaded the Crimson Maps and played an online match of capture the flag without problem.

OMG! thank you so much!!!! I never check that forum. I should though.

that's a major snafu for Microsoft! I wonder how much money they're losing on that mistake. can they take it away? i don't think they can. and I wonder if they'll try to make you pay for it.

I remember when a similar mistake was done for the Cold Stream DLC for Left 4 Dead 2 but they were able to stop that mistake by having the download stop at 99% and never continuing. and it wasn't in the purchase history.

#2719 otangz

otangz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:53 PM

https://twitter.com/....54316253507584

According to Xbox Support on Twitter they are letting us keep the map pack... They say it's their mistake and if we can nab it, it's on them.

Are people still getting this.? I'm surprised it hasn't been fixed yet.

#2720 JDMoney

JDMoney

Like a Boss

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

Otangz, you are the man! I just downloaded it for free. Thanks for posting this here. I rarely check the contests and free stuff board so I would have totally missed it.

#2721 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

https://twitter.com/....54316253507584

According to Xbox Support on Twitter they are letting us keep the map pack... They say it's their mistake and if we can nab it, it's on them.

Are people still getting this.? I'm surprised it hasn't been fixed yet.

The last time they said this, which was when they posted XBL Rewards points to people's accounts multiple times instead of once like they intended, and they took them away anyway despite claiming the contrary.

#2722 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

I can see them removing it from the purchase history so that if you ever need to redownload it again, you're screwed.

Otherwise, they can't do anything once it's on your hard drive.

#2723 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

I wonder if there will be any surprise sales along with the new DotW...we will see soon enough =P

#2724 cthomer5000

cthomer5000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:53 AM

forza rally expansion comes out next week for $20 but it comes with $50 season pass and could that go on sale for 12 days of christmas for half off so for $5 more I could get season pass I really want to get the expansion day 1 but could wait a week anyone know?

That is an amazing run-on sentence.

#2725 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

Did I just missed free halo 4 maps?
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#2726 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:14 AM

Really tempted to bite on AC II / Brotherhood - played through the original this year and really dug it, and picked up Revelations on sale. So do I wait and hope for a complete saga box set in the US, or just buy the games now.... they rarely ever go below $15, I notice

#2727 Masters_93

Masters_93

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

Wait, there was a glitch that let people get the Halo 4 map pack for free??
Congrats to anyone who got it !

I remember a few years ago when the same thing happened with Fable II and I managed to snag it. In case anyone's wondering the ramifications of this, if they let you keep it (like they did with Fable II), then they remove it from your DL history so you can't access it again.

Anyways, what's everyone's thoughts on the map pack? I got it a few hours ago (LE pass thing) and I put in a few rounds. They seem fairly decent, although once again, some of the maps don't fit the gametype.

#2728 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:27 AM

Have we heard what the deals are for Tuesday yet?

#2729 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:37 AM

Have we heard what the deals are for Tuesday yet?

That's a nice and original question. It'd be a real shame if something were to happen to it... An accident... 8-)

#2730 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:44 AM

Did I just missed free halo 4 maps?

still going on from what I'm reading