• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#2911 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

thanks for the list MWB and Zizi!

Count me in for the Borderlands 2 season pass if it hits 1200, 1600 is possible but a little less likely. Was kinda hoping Omega and Dragonborn would be included but since they're so recent releases it makes sense to keep them out. Probably will pick up a few of the arcade games too!

#2912 Dustinator

Dustinator

Why hello.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

Man, my BF Target cards will lose their virginity after the holiday countdown sale. I might not have a single one left standing after they're pillaged by this sale :cry:

In for all these items

Frogger Hyper Arcade Edition
Joe Danger 2 The Movie
Jet Set Radio
MW3 Collections 1-4
Mark of the Ninja
Fez
Deadlight
Trials Evolution
Fruit Ninja DLC
Borderlands 2 Season Pass
Crazy Taxi

Might bite on some Games on Demand titles if they hit the right price(looks at MW3)

card.png

iWBcrxrRHgdN0.gif

#2913 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:01 PM

I'll try the demo for Frogger Hyper Arcade Edition & Fez and might get those. Same for Dust, but it'd have to be about 600 or less for me to bite. Might get the Fruit Ninja DLC that adds additional achievements (shame the 8-Bit Cartridge one doesn't) if I ever motivate myself to use Kinect again.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2914 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

Did this for another forum, thought I'd paste it here. Not trying to repeat anything or step on anyone's toes, just thought this might save others some clicks.

Thanks for making the list easier to scan!

XBLA Games - http://marketplace.x...13-arcade-games
--Frogger Hyper Arcade Edition - maybe
--Joe Danger 2 The Movie - yes
--Zuma's Revenge! - wait for discount on retail disc
--Fire Pro Wrestling - maybe
--A World of Keflings DLCs - yes
----Sugar, Spice, and Not So Nice
----It Came From Outer Space
--Kinect Party (Double Fine's sequel to Happy Action Theater, free from the 18th to the end of the year) - yes
--Jet Set Radio - wait for hopefully another SEGA disc or sale later

20th: Platformer Games - http://marketplace.x...-20-platformers
--HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit - maybe
--Sonic Adventure 2 - wait for hopefully another SEGA disc or discount
--Rayman Origins - maybe
--Mark of the Ninja - yes
--Trine 2 - probably (already have on Steam)

21st: Rockstar Games - http://marketplace.x...-12-21-rockstar
--Midnight Club: Los Angeles - maybe

23rd: Summer of Arcade 2012 Games - http://marketplace.x...ummer-of-arcade
--Dust: An Elysian Tale - yes
--Deadlight - probably
--Hybrid - maybe

25th: Kinect Family - http://marketplace.x...5-kinect-family
--Mini Ninjas Adventures - maybe
--Leedmees - maybe
--Fruit Ninja Kinect DLC - probably all
----8-bit Cartridge
----Art Box
----Space Capsule
----Storm Season
--The Walking Dead: Episode 1: A New Day ~ FREE from the 25th to the 31st

27th: Borderlands - http://marketplace.x...-27-Borderlands
----Borderlands 2 Season Pass - yes

28th: The Walking Dead - http://marketplace.x...28-walking-dead
--The Walking Dead: Episode 1: A New Day ~ FREE from the 25th to the 31st
---- waiting to rent disc so I hope it's compatible with this

30th: Fighting Games - http://marketplace.x...-fighting-games
--Street Fighter III: Online Edition - maybe

Those are my current stances. I own most of the rest. What a great sale! That's without those 2 mystery days and Games on Demand missing.

#2915 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

I really hope Mass Effect 2 or 3 DLC appears. I would love to get From Ashes, Omega, and Leviathan for a cheaper price with my already cheap Microsoft Points. I remember last year or maybe it was the year before getting Shadow Broker for a a great price.

Leviathan was just on sale for Black Friday. Hopefully Microsoft will repeat it one day for those who missed out. I'm still waiting for Omega to go on sale and the final story based DLC to be released/go on sale before I do my second play though of Mass Effect 3.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#2916 tribalnoise

tribalnoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

holy crap this is gonna be a busy month for my xbox hard drive!

#2917 drawingboard

drawingboard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

Is the holiday sale Gold only?

#2918 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

Oh wow, 1st episode of TWD is free? Didn't see that earlier. Already got Ep. 1 & 2 free on PS+, but wouldn't mind replaying through the 1st episode for some easy achievements.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2919 dave auto

dave auto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

I'll second that question. I just let my Gold sub lapse for the first time in more than four years, and I'm wondering if I'm gonna have to do some math to see if I'll save more by tracking down a cheap 3-month card or something :)

#2920 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

They haven't been in years past so I doubt it. Probably will get confirmation once we get the prices.

#2921 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

Did this for another forum, thought I'd paste it here. Not trying to repeat anything or step on anyone's toes, just thought this might save others some clicks.

How official is this? I see no Forza of any type? I cannot remember the last MS sale that didn't have some sort of Forza involved.

#2922 E.Nich

E.Nich

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

This sale is going to be crazy!! No Skullgirls, but even so, damn.
Probably gonna get: Fez, Dust, Deadlight, all 5 episodes of The Walking Dead, and Borderlands GoD. Would like to also buy Mark of the Ninja, Trials Evo and some other games, but not enough MSP.

#2923 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

For the big sale, for the link that lists the arcade games but does not have a date, are these games on sale for the whole sale?

#2924 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

For the big sale, for the link that lists the arcade games but does not have a date, are these games on sale for the whole sale?

Probably.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#2925 Matty B

Matty B

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

How official is this? I see no Forza of any type? I cannot remember the last MS sale that didn't have some sort of Forza involved.

Pretty motherfucking official. Some dude on Twitter found the general XBLA sale, and sent it to @lifelower, who knows everything there is to know about Marketplace stuff, and he dug up the rest. There's still three sales we don't know about yet, so there's a chance Forza could be included in those.

mwb1138.gif

#2926 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

CRAP! Out of that big list I may only pick up the 8-bit Fruit Ninja DLC. I have pretty much everything else. :(

LOL! And a kind user on these forums gave me the code for this. So now there is absolutely nothing for me to buy. This is good reminder that I need to PLAY games instead of just hoarding them. So much for the MSPs I stockpiled from the Target sale. :roll:

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#2927 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

surprised no one has found a leak of the thq sale, but it is not much longer until that is on anyway.

just bought some msp i preparation for the sales, i hope the wwe 13 pass goes on sale.

Edited by xbox_man, 13 December 2012 - 04:07 PM.

#2928 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

This sale is going to be crazy!! No Skullgirls, but even so, damn.
Probably gonna get: Fez, Dust, Deadlight, all 5 episodes of The Walking Dead, and Borderlands GoD. Would like to also buy Mark of the Ninja, Trials Evo and some other games, but not enough MSP.

This is going to be bias as I've not played them all but Mark of the Ninja (and maybe even trials if frustration doesn't bother you) should be ranked right after The Walking Dead.

I'll be picking up the rest of the Walking Dead, only have the first episode, with this sale but Mark of the Ninja is just as good as the Walking Dead. Honestly, one of the best XBLA titles ever. (And a contender for my GoTY to be honest.)

#2929 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

This is going to be bias as I've not played them all but Mark of the Ninja (and maybe even trials if frustration doesn't bother you) should be ranked right after The Walking Dead.

I'll be picking up the rest of the Walking Dead, only have the first episode, with this sale but Mark of the Ninja is just as good as the Walking Dead. Honestly, one of the best XBLA titles ever. (And a contender for my GoTY to be honest.)

This. I really hope people pick up Mark of the Ninja over games like Fez and Deadlight (if they can't afford to get all of them). I'd say Dust is the best game of this sale, but Mark of the Ninja is a close second.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#2930 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

still no castlevania sale!

#2931 the Gooseler

the Gooseler

Damon Baird

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

Thanks Zizi, been waiting for this info like a fiend.
Def hope these games are at least 50%. was so excited to see $hadow Complex a few weeks back only to have it at 33%. :cry:
Also for them to hide two days means that it must be something good. /crosses fingers.
Maybe a Mass Effect dlc day :D

Getting Dust and Dark light 4sho. Also anybody played Hell yeah? Saw pictures of it and it looks insane, but the reviews weren't so hot.

#2932 twisted poke

twisted poke

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

If these deals hold true, looks like a good chunk of the 10 cards I picked up from Target on Black Friday will be used. Good stuff.

#2933 SirChadlyOC

SirChadlyOC

Leveling up builds character

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

I know it's super-early to be doing a bunch of research on these game sales, but is there any reason to buy the Fruit Ninja DLC? There aren't many reviews online, but it looks like they don't add any new game content. Anyone have any experience with these?

#2934 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

Looking at Mark of the Ninja, Frogger, Trials Evolution DLC, Dust: An Elysian Tale, and Borderlands 2 Season Pass. Definitely depends on how much of a discount these are as I only have about 40GBs left on my 320GB.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#2935 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

I know it's super-early to be doing a bunch of research on these game sales, but is there any reason to buy the Fruit Ninja DLC? There aren't many reviews online, but it looks like they don't add any new game content. Anyone have any experience with these?

They basically add a new background, sword, and "shadow" skin, plus a few of them (Storm Season, Space Capsule, & Art Box) have achievements. They really don't change anything gameplay wise, just the look of the game.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2936 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

No problemo ... let the OP edits commence!
All done in the OP!

Again, big thanks to MWB for this introductory info dump! I know some folks here may get OCD & feel free to edit, rearrange, mangle ... but there's little sense in changing formatting unless you're going to add value, such as pricing, "xbldb" links, Metacritic links, or Giant Bomb's "first look" videos. :lol:

"Blowout-a-ganza"? Really?

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#2937 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

Woohoo! Mark of the Ninja for me (only if sale is for 50% or more though). Just from the demo, the game looked really fun.

#2938 Masters_93

Masters_93

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

Damn those are some impressive sales !!

Now I have to decide between Dust and Mark of the Ninja (assuming they are 50% off).
Can anyone help ?

Or should I consider anything else ?

I already have The Walking Dead on Steam (if anyone's on the fence about this, get off the damn fence and buy this amazing, amazing game !!)

#2939 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

Getting Dust and Dark light 4sho. Also anybody played Hell yeah? Saw pictures of it and it looks insane, but the reviews weren't so hot.

Yeah, Hell Yeah is a good game. It controls fine and looks really good. Despite what a lot of review said, I never ran into any problems confusing the crazy backgrounds from the action in the foreground. I think a few reviews complained about poor checkpoints as well, which I never had a single problem with either.

Even though there are big over-world maps, the game is still pretty linear overall, there's not a ton of exploration to do. There are a few funny bits as well. I'd give the game a solid 8/10 and it's well worth 600 MSP if that ends up being the price.

My biggest gripe about the game is that it has 1 achievement that is 100% luck based (basically you just have to hit the Jackpot on a slot machine). I absolutely hate achievements like that.

#2940 Zizi

Zizi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

I am thinking of getting Modern Warfare 3 soon, so I will pick up the DLCs on 18th, can anyone tell me which DLC have achievements and which doesn't.