Halo 4 Pre-order Bonuses & Deals - Releases 11/6/12

• Please log in to reply
558 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:29 AM

Halo 4 is out next week to great reviews. Check out our listing of Halo 4 pre-order bonuses and deals.
Release Date 11/6/12

Pre-order bonus information from Halo Waypoint forums & Halopedia
All retailers include free shipping.

Sync Your AMEX with Your X360/Gamertag and Beat Halo 4 on Normal, Get $35 & More

Posted Image Amazon $59.00
$10 Amazon Instant Video Credit
Skin: Web Armor: CIO
Emblem: Spartan
Emblem: Bulletproof

Posted Image Best Buy $59.99
$20 in Reward Certificates for Gamers Club Unlocked members
Skin: Raptor Armor: Venator
Skin: Dead Eye helmet skin
Poster: Master Chief Poster

Posted Image GameStop $59.99
Skin: Forest Armor: HAZOP
Skin: Arctic Weapon: Battle Rifle

:360: Microsoft Store $59.99
$25 off next Microsoft Store purchase
Skin: Pulse Armor: Gungnir

:360: Microsoft Store (B&M) $54.99
$25 Gift Card for the Microsoft Store
Skin: Pulse Armor: Gungnir

Posted Image Walmart $59.99 Limited Edition $99.96
$4.99 Vudu credit
Skin: Oceanic Armor (Circuit)

Posted Image Newegg $47.99 [requires coupon code EMCJJNH48 - EXPIRES 11/4]
No Bonuses

FRYS $49.99 [no free shipping, $2.99 for economy]
No Bonuses

Edited by CheapyD, 02 November 2012 - 02:57 AM.

#2 CyReN

CyReN

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:44 AM

Can't wait, got mine at Gamestop.

ps: Make sure to vote at Gamestop website for bonuses.

#3 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:49 AM

Don't forget to mention that if you pre-order it at Best Buy and are a Gamers Club Unlocked member, you'll get $20 in Reward Certificates.

#4 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:02 AM

Thanks Sway!

#5 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:12 AM

Got mine preordered on Amazon when they threw the LE up again a while back. Can't wait!!!
This space reserved in memory of one of the greatest heroes we will ever know. He faced insurmountable odds and sacrificed all for what he believed in. He died so that we could delay the inevitable. His name shall be honored forever, and his legend inscribed into the annals of history forever. And his name was...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.
http://gamercard.xbo...ertag=Mr Dude65

#6 yuyak

yuyak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:15 AM

I have to go with MS B&M store. Combine it with the $25 "bing-it-on challenge" voucher, I don't think anyone else can touch that deal.

#7 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:33 AM

I'm absolutely shocked the Halo 4 LE is preordered out. Is it pretty much gone everywhere?
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#8 CheapAssAsian

CheapAssAsian

Go WildCAGs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:39 AM

I'm absolutely shocked the Halo 4 LE is preordered out. Is it pretty much gone everywhere?

Walmart still has it for pre-order brother.

#9 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:42 AM

Walmart still has it for pre-order brother.

f-f-f-f-ull price? :oldman:

No, thank you for this, this might be a go to for me if I get antsy.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#10 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:21 AM

f-f-f-f-ull price? :oldman:

No, thank you for this, this might be a go to for me if I get antsy.

I would nab it, as somebody mentioned that walmart has over preordered stuff like this before leading to canceled orders.
This space reserved in memory of one of the greatest heroes we will ever know. He faced insurmountable odds and sacrificed all for what he believed in. He died so that we could delay the inevitable. His name shall be honored forever, and his legend inscribed into the annals of history forever. And his name was...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.
http://gamercard.xbo...ertag=Mr Dude65

#11 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:25 AM

Hopefully best buy gets more limited editions before release. Everyone on the halo forums are all threatening to switching to stardard versions due to them not getting any exclusive DLC anymore lol

#12 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:34 AM

Wasn't it just the specializations that were already going to come out for standard editions? The other dlc in game stuff is still limited only I thought?
Posted Image

#13 247

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:36 AM

Are the skins for multiplayer? Only on FFA matches?

#14 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:40 AM

Wasn't it just the specializations that were already going to come out for standard editions? The other dlc in game stuff is still limited only I thought?

Nope according to this thread and many other threads on the halo website, their making the armor available for everyone

https://forums.halow...he-LE-mess.aspx

#15 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:51 AM

Oh, well that sucks but I'm keeping mine, I want the other bonuses that come with it anyway, I guess it would be nice if the console DLC did eventually come out as well, just because I'd like to get everything.
Posted Image

#16 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:11 AM

Oh, well that sucks but I'm keeping mine, I want the other bonuses that come with it anyway, I guess it would be nice if the console DLC did eventually come out as well, just because I'd like to get everything.

Yes but then that wouldn't be fair to the people who paid the $350 for the console

#17 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:35 AM

Yes but then that wouldn't be fair to the people who paid the $350 for the console

While I do agree with you in a sense, it would be nice if it was like a timed exclusive, they are already getting the console and those controllers that are special. I have the Halo Reach console myself so I love the Halo franchise, but I'm not gonna go and buy another console (I've had three 360s, original, elite, reach) just for some armor, I think it would be kinda neat if they eventually gave us the armor itself, but the camos/skins could stay exclusive, since that's still a little way to show off while still allowing everyone access to the armor itself at least. I know one of my buddies is buying the 360, but only because he wants Halo 4 and his system he has now finally gave out on him, the DLC will be something he used but he told me that it's not a huge factor to him. I definitely see your point though as I enjoy my flaming helmet in Reach, but they eventually gave the blue flames out as something that was the same but not the special version of it.

EDIT: More on topic, the Best Buy armor skin and helmet look really nice, along with the free poster I got and the $20 reward zone points that I'm getting with it probably make it the best deal for me, but as yuyak pointed out you can also get a great deal at a Microsoft Store, but I'm not near any of them.
Posted Image

#18 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:08 AM

The FOTUS armor looks cool. People are going to go crazy for that on ebay. I do find the unicorn emblem funny.

They should call the MS Store armor the "Target" armor. The best preorder armor is probably the Walmart one.

#19 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

While I do agree with you in a sense, it would be nice if it was like a timed exclusive, they are already getting the console and those controllers that are special. I have the Halo Reach console myself so I love the Halo franchise, but I'm not gonna go and buy another console (I've had three 360s, original, elite, reach) just for some armor, I think it would be kinda neat if they eventually gave us the armor itself, but the camos/skins could stay exclusive, since that's still a little way to show off while still allowing everyone access to the armor itself at least. I know one of my buddies is buying the 360, but only because he wants Halo 4 and his system he has now finally gave out on him, the DLC will be something he used but he told me that it's not a huge factor to him. I definitely see your point though as I enjoy my flaming helmet in Reach, but they eventually gave the blue flames out as something that was the same but not the special version of it.

EDIT: More on topic, the Best Buy armor skin and helmet look really nice, along with the free poster I got and the $20 reward zone points that I'm getting with it probably make it the best deal for me, but as yuyak pointed out you can also get a great deal at a Microsoft Store, but I'm not near any of them.

I see what you mean, I'm also getting the halo console because I need a new console so the armor is basically just an extra thing the way I see it. Still though, I like having the armor exclusive to console buyers, no offense. :) in the end I'm sure the LE buyers will get something exclusive as in the official Microsoft page it says you get exclusive armor so that should be considered false advertisement or something so I bet you all will end up with something.

#20 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

Thanks Cheapy!

Anyway, I have 3 separate preorders right now, would appreciate any input here:

-Preordered at Newegg during one of the $44.99 sales
-Preordered at MS Store for $25 credit off next purchase (ie, $25 off 4000 MSP)
-Preordered at BB for the lithograph (not Unlocked though so take the RZ cert out of the equation)

Where should I keep it? Newegg or MS Store?

#21 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:41 PM

Unless something has changed at the Microsoft Store retail locations since last year, they still take $5 off the price when you preorder a game in store. So Halo 4 would be $55 with a $25 gift card. I know it doesn't help a lot of people because of the limited number of B&M locations, but it could help some.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#22 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

I wish there were more than skins for in game bonuses, I couldn't care less about skins. A different weapon would've been nice.

#23 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:25 PM

I wish there were more than skins for in game bonuses, I couldn't care less about skins. A different weapon would've been nice.

That's pretty much how I feel.

If I do pre-order, it will be with Newegg. Might as well get it for as cheap as I can. None of these stupid skins seem worth paying an extra $12 for.

#24 AdamBlue

AdamBlue

BlueGamer.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

Anyone know the shipping that goes along with these deals? I'm assuming they will have stock before release date, so I'm hoping if I order from Newegg I get it the day it comes out.

#25 Juice el Savior

Juice el Savior

Urban Yeti

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

Anyone know the shipping that goes along with these deals? I'm assuming they will have stock before release date, so I'm hoping if I order from Newegg I get it the day it comes out.

from past experiences, youll probably get it 2-3 days after launch

if they sent it early it would be breaking street date technically, hence the option for next day or same day shipping

#26 AdamBlue

AdamBlue

BlueGamer.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

Thanks. Now it comes down to is it worth paying more to get it on release day, or wait and save money? Such is the life of a gamer.

#27 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:03 PM

New Egg charges tax in TN, but still a better deal than my Amazon Prime w/o tax. ~$6.45 cheaper.

New Egg = Has a shipping center in TN so they charge me tax, but my packages ALWAYS come slow-poke from California.

cagSig.png515886.png

#28 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

I paid more to get the game at midnight at Gamestop. I'd get the Amazon version for the orange armor and lower price, but this is one of those games that I have to own right away.

collage8twitter_website41_zps568e62eb.jp

#29 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

And is it just me or does the MS store armor look like it was intended to be a Target exclusive?

collage8twitter_website41_zps568e62eb.jp

#30 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

Thanks Cheapy!

Anyway, I have 3 separate preorders right now, would appreciate any input here:

-Preordered at Newegg during one of the $44.99 sales
-Preordered at MS Store for $25 credit off next purchase (ie, $25 off 4000 MSP)
-Preordered at BB for the lithograph (not Unlocked though so take the RZ cert out of the equation)

Where should I keep it? Newegg or MS Store?

Does Newegg or Microsoft store charge you tax?
Is there anything coming out NOT for the :360: that you'd be interested in getting?
Do you have to play it day 1, or could you wait ~2 days after that Tuesday to play?

Depending on your answers to these questions, that should help you make a decision as to where you should keep your pre-order at. I've read on CAG that the Microsoft Store will do Next Day Air (release day delivery) for any pre-orders, whereas Newegg can take up to Thursday to arrive at your residence depending on where you live.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/