Halo 4 Pre-order Bonuses & Deals - Releases 11/6/12

• Please log in to reply
558 replies to this topic

#331 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:50 AM

GameStop is having issues with preorder content. I didn't get a single code and the staff didn't know what to do. I was told to come back during normal business hours...

Urge to kill rising.

16Z462z.jpg

#332 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR- suplexrepeat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:03 AM

Lucky. Atleast all went well at Walmart for me, in and out fast, and not a single cent spent :D

Well we'll see if it messes up my $20 GCU bonus...

uc.png

#333 Twista48

Twista48

Shabadoobie Showtime

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:05 AM

GameStop is having issues with preorder content. I didn't get a single code and the staff didn't know what to do. I was told to come back during normal business hours...

Urge to kill rising.

it was the same here, im gonna be in the area tomorrow anyways so its no big deal but i still sucks

Gamestop here had no Schwag no festivities no nothin. I got a crappy Gamestop wristband and a temp tattoo of the Halo 4 4 symbol. I woulda loved the inflatable helmet and dog tag from BB those sound freakin sweet

TheTwistadOne48.png

#334 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:06 AM

I picked up my Halo 4 LE Console and will be hooking it up tomorrow. I'm not a huge Halo fan and I haven't been following much of the pre release stuff but I had a few questions.

Are the two controllers the same as the ones you can buy at Best Buy or are they exclusive to the console?

Also is the limited edition console DLC inside the game case? I haven't opened my game yet but I quickly checked elsewhere inside the box and didn't see anything...

I'm currently scanning youtube videos but most are from the UK

#335 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:07 AM

Hope GameStop gets it fixed in time for us on the West Coast.

#336 Von Ondine

Von Ondine

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:08 AM

Urge to kill rising.

Same here. No pre-order or powerup rewards emblem codes.

#337 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:10 AM

couldn't help my self. picked up the limited edition of halo 4 at best buy. seems like everyone there was upgrading to limited. btw it is not very limited

#338 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:12 AM

couldn't help my self. picked up the limited edition of halo 4 at best buy. seems like everyone there was upgrading to limited. btw it is not very limited

I agree this won't have a small print number but I would say it is more limited then most AAA titles. Expect your big retailers (Walmart and Best Buy; perhaps Gamestop) to have a dozen or so extra per store and Target to have a few.

#339 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:14 AM

Obviously it wouldn't be. It is a Microsoft LE, they mass produce these things like crazy. No real value in it anyway, just buy the season pass or whatever for it to get the maps. Would still be cheaper.

#340 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:14 AM

Anybody successfully PM Frys?

Looks like Frys went up to 59.96...

#341 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:16 AM

the best buy pre order lithograph is bada$$! easily the best pre order bonus imo

#342 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:17 AM

Looks like Frys went up to 59.96...

Did you go all the way to checkout? When I looked at the deal earlier you had to go to the final screen before it showed the discount

#343 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:19 AM

Did you go all the way to checkout? When I looked at the deal earlier you had to go to the final screen before it showed the discount

Yeah I did but I'm on my phone so I would like some confirmation.

#344 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:21 AM

Yeah I did but I'm on my phone so I would like some confirmation.

I can confirm it is showing $59.xx in both Chrome and IE

Looks like maybe it was just a preorder promotion from them

#345 Fadikun

Fadikun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:26 AM

Just bought a Limited Edition at Walmart (Eagan, MN), and it looks like they still have a bunch more!

#346 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:30 AM

I picked up my Halo 4 LE Console and will be hooking it up tomorrow. I'm not a huge Halo fan and I haven't been following much of the pre release stuff but I had a few questions.

Are the two controllers the same as the ones you can buy at Best Buy or are they exclusive to the console?

Also is the limited edition console DLC inside the game case? I haven't opened my game yet but I quickly checked elsewhere inside the box and didn't see anything...

I'm currently scanning youtube videos but most are from the UK

^ I can confirm the LE Console Content is on a voucher inside the "not labeled for resale" game case that comes with the console bundle.

All codes are on one voucher and they are exposed (i.e. no protective strip).

#347 bnl11311

bnl11311

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:32 AM

picked up at midnight at best buy. West Hartford CT, it was awful. I suggest to anyone getting call of duty do not go to the midnight event. They are just run so poorly and personally the experience of just picking up the game took something away from the fun of getting the game early. Last time I pre-order at best buy, amazon release day delivery.

#348 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:33 AM

If it says shipping soon, it is more than likely on the way. Their email system gets backed up during big game releases. The 1 day shipping was only added for people that pre ordered on Monday or Sunday. Prime 2 day shipping is release date shipping now.

What is with the Amazon Defense Force?
I realize that Amazon has been "A+, number one" for you but is it so hard to believe that other people feel shafted? For example, I am a Prime member, I preordered in May, my copy is still "not yet shipped", one day shipping would only have gotten it to me on Wednesday plus I only ordered one copy for myself; not to resell. You're acting like no one else, other than you, as ever ordered from Amazon. SMDH.

#349 htz

htz

^ I can confirm the LE Console Content is on a voucher inside the "not labeled for resale" game case that comes with the console bundle.

Yay for no protective strip, but not so happy about the not for resale label on the game case.

#350 IamPro

IamPro

Obviously it wouldn't be. It is a Microsoft LE, they mass produce these things like crazy. No real value in it anyway, just buy the season pass or whatever for it to get the maps. Would still be cheaper.

Thats my plan sigh :drool:

#351 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:38 AM

So best buy stores have extra LE? Hope mine does too since it looks like Amazon is gonna fail me for the first time

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#352 outkastx

outkastx

Deals R Us

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:38 AM

My son was able to get the dog tags, helmet, and pen from BB, but it sounds like all GameStops are having issues with DLC. Mine are already sold on ebay.....

#353 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:41 AM

So best buy stores have extra LE? Hope mine does too since it looks like Amazon is gonna fail me for the first time

Stinks right? Of all the games to let people down on...
I'm going to try Target this morning. I'm hopeful since I recently saw the AC3 CE at a few of my stores. Good luck.

#354 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:46 AM

Yay for no protective strip, but not so happy about the not for resale label on the game case.

Yeah it is plastered "Not Labeled for Individual Sale" right across the front. Again I didn't follow this game much but there are also two discs labeled as "Disc 1" and "Disc 2" but that could be something that everyone was aware of.

No instruction manual either and on the inside of the case art are the health and hazard warnings.

Again no protective strip and the DLC codes are divided into 4 labeled as follows:

In-Game Skins; Emblem

Female Avatar Prop (FOTUS)

Male Avatar Prop (FOTUS)

^ I thought this included some sort of rifle but maybe that is in the first code

#355 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:48 AM

Stinks right? Of all the games to let people down on...
I'm going to try Target this morning. I'm hopeful since I recently saw the AC3 CE at a few of my stores. Good luck.

I know, of all the games its the biggest exclusive release of the year well there are only 5 people ahead of me so should be able to get it.

Question for anyone who pre-ordered the normal edition and upgraded to LE how did it work? Does it affect the $20 RZ?

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#356 preston181

preston181

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:55 AM

Apparently, Gamestop's DLC printer server is offline. So, I got a rain check on the DLC, and a coupon for some free Chipotle out of the deal, for the inconvenience. So, score some Halo 4 and the screaming shits for me tomorrow night, when I get home from work.

#357 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:58 AM

Apparently, Gamestop's DLC printer server is offline. So, I got a rain check on the DLC, and a coupon for some free Chipotle out of the deal, for the inconvenience. So, score some Halo 4 and the screaming shits for me tomorrow night, when I get home from work.

I have yet to even try Chipotle, but anyway, I am so glad I decided to just sit home and pick it up in the morning.

#358 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:00 AM

Ah that's unfortunate. I bought a LE as well so I'm giving my standard one from the console to a friend. Hope he doesn't mind it opened...

#359 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:33 AM

Nice my local gamestop got the DLC all sorted out. Got all 7 codes on my finalized receipt.

#360 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

Yeah, my local Gamestop said to come back later this week to get the DLC. Sucks, I sold mine on ebay already, too. I know the guys there and hopefully they'll hook me up.

The one I'm worried about is Best Buy (where I got the console). They f the codes up all the time.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~