Halo 4 Pre-order Bonuses & Deals - Releases 11/6/12

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-R=5838]28701[/IMG-R]Halo 4 is out next week to great reviews. Check out our listing of Halo 4 pre-order bonuses and deals.[/preview]
Release Date 11/6/12

Pre-order bonus information from Halo Waypoint forums & Halopedia
All retailers include free shipping.

Sync Your AMEX with Your X360/Gamertag and Beat Halo 4 on Normal, Get $35 & More

iconamazon.gif
Amazon $59.00
$10 Amazon Instant Video Credit
Skin: Web Armor: CIO
Emblem: Spartan
Emblem: Bulletproof

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy $59.99
$20 in Reward Certificates for Gamers Club Unlocked members
Skin: Raptor Armor: Venator
Skin: Dead Eye helmet skin
Poster: Master Chief Poster

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop $59.99
Skin: Forest Armor: HAZOP
Skin: Arctic Weapon: Battle Rifle

:360: Microsoft Store $59.99
$25 off next Microsoft Store purchase
Skin: Pulse Armor: Gungnir

:360: Microsoft Store (B&M) $54.99
$25 Gift Card for the Microsoft Store
Skin: Pulse Armor: Gungnir

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart $59.99 Limited Edition $99.96
$4.99 Vudu credit
Skin: Oceanic Armor (Circuit)

newegg.gif
Newegg
$47.99 [requires coupon code EMCJJNH48 - EXPIRES 11/4]
No Bonuses

FRYS $49.99 [no free shipping, $2.99 for economy]
No Bonuses

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to go with MS B&M store. Combine it with the $25 "bing-it-on challenge" voucher, I don't think anyone else can touch that deal.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I'm absolutely shocked the Halo 4 LE is preordered out. Is it pretty much gone everywhere?[/QUOTE]

Walmart still has it for pre-order brother.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']f-f-f-f-ull price? :oldman:

No, thank you for this, this might be a go to for me if I get antsy.[/QUOTE]

I would nab it, as somebody mentioned that walmart has over preordered stuff like this before leading to canceled orders.

Hopefully best buy gets more limited editions before release. Everyone on the halo forums are all threatening to switching to stardard versions due to them not getting any exclusive DLC anymore lol

Wasn't it just the specializations that were already going to come out for standard editions? The other dlc in game stuff is still limited only I thought?

Oh, well that sucks but I'm keeping mine, I want the other bonuses that come with it anyway, I guess it would be nice if the console DLC did eventually come out as well, just because I'd like to get everything.

[quote name='MoCiWe']Oh, well that sucks but I'm keeping mine, I want the other bonuses that come with it anyway, I guess it would be nice if the console DLC did eventually come out as well, just because I'd like to get everything.[/QUOTE]

Yes but then that wouldn't be fair to the people who paid the $350 for the console

[quote name='JohnWayne']Yes but then that wouldn't be fair to the people who paid the $350 for the console[/QUOTE]

While I do agree with you in a sense, it would be nice if it was like a timed exclusive, they are already getting the console and those controllers that are special. I have the Halo Reach console myself so I love the Halo franchise, but I'm not gonna go and buy another console (I've had three 360s, original, elite, reach) just for some armor, I think it would be kinda neat if they eventually gave us the armor itself, but the camos/skins could stay exclusive, since that's still a little way to show off while still allowing everyone access to the armor itself at least. I know one of my buddies is buying the 360, but only because he wants Halo 4 and his system he has now finally gave out on him, the DLC will be something he used but he told me that it's not a huge factor to him. I definitely see your point though as I enjoy my flaming helmet in Reach, but they eventually gave the blue flames out as something that was the same but not the special version of it.

EDIT: More on topic, the Best Buy armor skin and helmet look really nice, along with the free poster I got and the $20 reward zone points that I'm getting with it probably make it the best deal for me, but as yuyak pointed out you can also get a great deal at a Microsoft Store, but I'm not near any of them.

The FOTUS armor looks cool. People are going to go crazy for that on ebay. I do find the unicorn emblem funny.

They should call the MS Store armor the "Target" armor. The best preorder armor is probably the Walmart one.

[quote name='MoCiWe']While I do agree with you in a sense, it would be nice if it was like a timed exclusive, they are already getting the console and those controllers that are special. I have the Halo Reach console myself so I love the Halo franchise, but I'm not gonna go and buy another console (I've had three 360s, original, elite, reach) just for some armor, I think it would be kinda neat if they eventually gave us the armor itself, but the camos/skins could stay exclusive, since that's still a little way to show off while still allowing everyone access to the armor itself at least. I know one of my buddies is buying the 360, but only because he wants Halo 4 and his system he has now finally gave out on him, the DLC will be something he used but he told me that it's not a huge factor to him. I definitely see your point though as I enjoy my flaming helmet in Reach, but they eventually gave the blue flames out as something that was the same but not the special version of it.

EDIT: More on topic, the Best Buy armor skin and helmet look really nice, along with the free poster I got and the $20 reward zone points that I'm getting with it probably make it the best deal for me, but as yuyak pointed out you can also get a great deal at a Microsoft Store, but I'm not near any of them.[/QUOTE]

I see what you mean, I'm also getting the halo console because I need a new console so the armor is basically just an extra thing the way I see it. Still though, I like having the armor exclusive to console buyers, no offense. :) in the end I'm sure the LE buyers will get something exclusive as in the official Microsoft page it says you get exclusive armor so that should be considered false advertisement or something so I bet you all will end up with something.

Thanks Cheapy!

Anyway, I have 3 separate preorders right now, would appreciate any input here:

-Preordered at Newegg during one of the $44.99 sales
-Preordered at MS Store for $25 credit off next purchase (ie, $25 off 4000 MSP)
-Preordered at BB for the lithograph (not Unlocked though so take the RZ cert out of the equation)

Where should I keep it? Newegg or MS Store?

Unless something has changed at the Microsoft Store retail locations since last year, they still take $5 off the price when you preorder a game in store. So Halo 4 would be $55 with a $25 gift card. I know it doesn't help a lot of people because of the limited number of B&M locations, but it could help some.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I wish there were more than skins for in game bonuses, I couldn't care less about skins. A different weapon would've been nice.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much how I feel.

If I do pre-order, it will be with Newegg. Might as well get it for as cheap as I can. None of these stupid skins seem worth paying an extra $12 for.

Anyone know the shipping that goes along with these deals? I'm assuming they will have stock before release date, so I'm hoping if I order from Newegg I get it the day it comes out.

[quote name='AdamBlue']Anyone know the shipping that goes along with these deals? I'm assuming they will have stock before release date, so I'm hoping if I order from Newegg I get it the day it comes out.[/QUOTE]

from past experiences, youll probably get it 2-3 days after launch

if they sent it early it would be breaking street date technically, hence the option for next day or same day shipping

Thanks. Now it comes down to is it worth paying more to get it on release day, or wait and save money? Such is the life of a gamer.

New Egg charges tax in TN, but still a better deal than my Amazon Prime w/o tax. ~$6.45 cheaper.

New Egg = Has a shipping center in TN so they charge me tax, but my packages ALWAYS come slow-poke from California.

I paid more to get the game at midnight at Gamestop. I'd get the Amazon version for the orange armor and lower price, but this is one of those games that I have to own right away.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Thanks Cheapy!

Anyway, I have 3 separate preorders right now, would appreciate any input here:

-Preordered at Newegg during one of the $44.99 sales
-Preordered at MS Store for $25 credit off next purchase (ie, $25 off 4000 MSP)
-Preordered at BB for the lithograph (not Unlocked though so take the RZ cert out of the equation)

Where should I keep it? Newegg or MS Store?[/QUOTE]

Does Newegg or Microsoft store charge you tax?
Is there anything coming out NOT for the :360: that you'd be interested in getting?
Do you have to play it day 1, or could you wait ~2 days after that Tuesday to play?

Depending on your answers to these questions, that should help you make a decision as to where you should keep your pre-order at. I've read on CAG that the Microsoft Store will do Next Day Air (release day delivery) for any pre-orders, whereas Newegg can take up to Thursday to arrive at your residence depending on where you live.

i need to make up my mind quick it seems... i was thinking of tagging along with a friend to a midnight release at wally world or something, but then i was reminded that it will probably be a day or 2 before i could get away from him and get home to enjoy the campaign first.

I always play the campaign first, and he always smokes weed and watches youtube videos and prevents you from leaving his reaching distance without feeling like a jerk...

Yeah i think im gonna preorder online... I know I knocked them already a lil but i think newegg might get my cash for this one. I can wait a day or two to save me a headache (FYI, I dont have a car and the closest B&M that is gonna carry this will be a 20 minute drive anywho)

[quote name='JohnWayne']Nope according to this thread and many other threads on the halo website, their making the armor available for everyone

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst122014_What-do-you-want-now-in-wake-of-the-LE-mess.aspx[/QUOTE]

Don't believe some random thread. Read the official released updates . 343 has always stated that the SKINS will eventually be released as DLC not the ARMOR. Those are two separate entities.

That's why if you buy the console you get the Fotus Armor, not Fotus "Skin."
I'd be extremely disappointed as a fan if they released the Fotus armor to everyone who DIDNT buy the console after spending $350+tax on it.

[quote name='Minkyboi']Don't believe some random thread. Read the official released updates . 343 has always stated that the SKINS will eventually be released as DLC not the ARMOR. Those are two separate entities.

That's why if you buy the console you get the Fotus Armor, not Fotus "Skin."
I'd be extremely disappointed as a fan if they released the Fotus armor to everyone who DIDNT buy the console after spending $350+tax on it.[/QUOTE]

That's not the only thread, there's like 20 other threads where people are complaining, I know for fact LE buyers don't get anything exclusive

[quote name='JohnWayne']That's not the only thread, there's like 20 other threads where people are complaining, I know for fact LE buyers don't get anything exclusive[/QUOTE]

Especially now that you don't have to get the LE to get early access to the specializations. The LE is getting more and more into a "Hey you know what everyone else gets? Well you get it to!" sort of deal.

But I didn't know the pre-order stuff were skins and armor. I thought they were the same thing and not separate.

[quote name='JohnWayne']That's not the only thread, there's like 20 other threads where people are complaining, I know for fact LE buyers don't get anything exclusive[/QUOTE]

What I've concluded is people just spreading misinformation, as usual.

Taken from one of the Halo Bulletins:
http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2012/09/05/The-Halo-Bulletin-9512.aspx

Was the armor that was available in the PAX build the full set? If so, why is there no Mark V armor? -ArchedThunder

The PAX build contains the full set of armor in Halo 4. In the final game, there are a variety of methods for unlocking armor and armor skins - ranking up, earning commendations, progressing through Specializations and completing goals on Waypoint. Some of the skins, helmets, and the FOTUS armor are exclusive to various retail offers. Some of these items MAY become available to all players at a later date. We wanted to focus on the Spartan-IV armors for Infinity, maximizing the amount of variety across the armor designs. However, we did want to include a reward for completing the Campaign on Legendary, so we decided to use the Mark VI armor as that reward. While we'd love to include every historical variant of the Chief's armor, it's just not possible to fit more armor sets into the available memory.

I'd say if you want a specific skin, then preorder from there for secure whichever skin you want.

I purchase my Halo 4 through the Microsoft Store online. Not a bad purchase, I will get the $20 on November 9th and then apply that to a CoD: Black Ops 2 purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
In for the BB Gamers $20 credit deal. To bad I working the night of midnight release but at least i'll be back the next tuesday at midnight for the cluster F that will be CoD at midnight.

Ah... not sure if I will take advantage of this. Kind of want to but I haven't touched halo in months and have turned my xbox on just once or twice since summer started.

So I did some math and for my current situation, have the following options for my plan to get Halo 4 and a 4000 MSP card:

preorder @ Newegg: $45 + $50 4000 MSP card = $95

preorder @ MS Store: $60 + $50 MSP card - $25 credit = $85

Leaning towards MS Store. Newegg doesnt usually do sales on 4000 point cards right?

Can anyone say if the LE is still available anywhere other than Sam's Club? They don't seem to have release date delivery...

So, I have 2 LE ordered. 1 at best buy and 1 at amazon. I just forgot to cancel the amazon one. The bb one really comes out to 45, plus i get the 20 RZ gc back. Amazon one I could give as a gift and keep the amazon instant video and armor... I could always sell it or it would make a awesome Christmas gift.

[quote name='Dinosaurdaniel']should put that on walmart online you can buy the walmart skin for .35 cents. so if you wanted that skin as well can pick that up[/QUOTE]

Quoted for the truth. Every $.35 nets you a Walmart skin and $4.99 VUDU credit (plus the extra $4.99 for sign up). Great deal IMO. Save up the credit and maybe you can use it on a FUD release.

bread's done
Back