hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

Hurry up November!!

I wanna play HALO!!!

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#32 Dinosaurdaniel

Dinosaurdaniel

Senorita - Ority

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

should put that on walmart online you can buy the walmart skin for .35 cents. so if you wanted that skin as well can pick that up

#33 Juice el Savior

Juice el Savior

Urban Yeti

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

i need to make up my mind quick it seems... i was thinking of tagging along with a friend to a midnight release at wally world or something, but then i was reminded that it will probably be a day or 2 before i could get away from him and get home to enjoy the campaign first.

I always play the campaign first, and he always smokes weed and watches youtube videos and prevents you from leaving his reaching distance without feeling like a jerk...

Yeah i think im gonna preorder online... I know I knocked them already a lil but i think newegg might get my cash for this one. I can wait a day or two to save me a headache (FYI, I dont have a car and the closest B&M that is gonna carry this will be a 20 minute drive anywho)

#34 Minkyboi

Minkyboi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

Nope according to this thread and many other threads on the halo website, their making the armor available for everyone

https://forums.halow...he-LE-mess.aspx

Don't believe some random thread. Read the official released updates . 343 has always stated that the SKINS will eventually be released as DLC not the ARMOR. Those are two separate entities.

That's why if you buy the console you get the Fotus Armor, not Fotus "Skin."
I'd be extremely disappointed as a fan if they released the Fotus armor to everyone who DIDNT buy the console after spending $350+tax on it.

#35 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

Don't believe some random thread. Read the official released updates . 343 has always stated that the SKINS will eventually be released as DLC not the ARMOR. Those are two separate entities.

That's why if you buy the console you get the Fotus Armor, not Fotus "Skin."
I'd be extremely disappointed as a fan if they released the Fotus armor to everyone who DIDNT buy the console after spending $350+tax on it.

That's not the only thread, there's like 20 other threads where people are complaining, I know for fact LE buyers don't get anything exclusive

#36 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

That's not the only thread, there's like 20 other threads where people are complaining, I know for fact LE buyers don't get anything exclusive

Especially now that you don't have to get the LE to get early access to the specializations. The LE is getting more and more into a "Hey you know what everyone else gets? Well you get it to!" sort of deal.

But I didn't know the pre-order stuff were skins and armor. I thought they were the same thing and not separate.

#37 Minkyboi

Minkyboi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

What I've concluded is people just spreading misinformation, as usual.

Taken from one of the Halo Bulletins:
http://blogs.haloway...letin-9512.aspx

Was the armor that was available in the PAX build the full set? If so, why is there no Mark V armor? -ArchedThunder

The PAX build contains the full set of armor in Halo 4. In the final game, there are a variety of methods for unlocking armor and armor skins - ranking up, earning commendations, progressing through Specializations and completing goals on Waypoint. Some of the skins, helmets, and the FOTUS armor are exclusive to various retail offers. Some of these items MAY become available to all players at a later date. We wanted to focus on the Spartan-IV armors for Infinity, maximizing the amount of variety across the armor designs. However, we did want to include a reward for completing the Campaign on Legendary, so we decided to use the Mark VI armor as that reward. While we'd love to include every historical variant of the Chief's armor, it's just not possible to fit more armor sets into the available memory.

I'd say if you want a specific skin, then preorder from there for secure whichever skin you want.

#38 247

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

I miss Bungie :/

#39 LIFECYCL3S

LIFECYCL3S

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

I purchase my Halo 4 through the Microsoft Store online. Not a bad purchase, I will get the $20 on November 9th and then apply that to a CoD: Black Ops 2 purchase.

Edited by und3rxoath, 17 October 2012 - 07:34 PM.

#40 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

In for the BB Gamers $20 credit deal. To bad I working the night of midnight release but at least i'll be back the next tuesday at midnight for the cluster F that will be CoD at midnight.

#41 mig0

mig0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

Ah... not sure if I will take advantage of this. Kind of want to but I haven't touched halo in months and have turned my xbox on just once or twice since summer started.

#42 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

http://www.samsclub....5.ip?navAction=

Halo 4 LE $89.xx at Sams Club, if you're not a member it's $99. Would update Wiki, but on mobile site.

#43 nnarum

nnarum

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

http://www.samsclub....5.ip?navAction=

Halo 4 LE $89.xx at Sams Club, if you're not a member it's $99. Would update Wiki, but on mobile site.

Shipping and tax takes the price discount away really. But if you want the CE it's still a good deal.

#44 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:13 PM

So I did some math and for my current situation, have the following options for my plan to get Halo 4 and a 4000 MSP card:

preorder @ Newegg: $45 + $50 4000 MSP card = $95

preorder @ MS Store: $60 + $50 MSP card - $25 credit = $85

Leaning towards MS Store. Newegg doesnt usually do sales on 4000 point cards right?

#45 ArttyG12

ArttyG12

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:20 PM

Can anyone say if the LE is still available anywhere other than Sam's Club? They don't seem to have release date delivery...

#46 kewljose

kewljose

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:36 AM

So, I have 2 LE ordered. 1 at best buy and 1 at amazon. I just forgot to cancel the amazon one. The bb one really comes out to 45, plus i get the 20 RZ gc back. Amazon one I could give as a gift and keep the amazon instant video and armor... I could always sell it or it would make a awesome Christmas gift.

#47 Saiyan

Saiyan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:48 AM

should put that on walmart online you can buy the walmart skin for .35 cents. so if you wanted that skin as well can pick that up

Quoted for the truth. Every $.35 nets you a Walmart skin and $4.99 VUDU credit (plus the extra $4.99 for sign up). Great deal IMO. Save up the credit and maybe you can use it on a FUD release.

#48 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:49 AM

So weird that Amazon is offering video credit. Why don't they just make it towards games?

#49 kewljose

kewljose

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:21 AM

I agree. Would rather spend that money on gaming or anything else...

#50 SunDevil77

SunDevil77

Host With the Most

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:27 AM

Does anyone know if Walmart charges your card before or after the item ships?
Do they deliver release day usually?

#51 GrimmTrixX

GrimmTrixX

Finish Him!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

yep, wish i preordered my limited edition at amazon. but i always get halo at midnight releases and didnt wanna pay for extra shipping. poop. My gamestop LE preorder will have to suffice.

XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX
Currently Playing

:xb1: Dead Rising 3

:ps3: The Last of Us
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Kirby Triple Deluxe

#52 Grumpy Bob

Grumpy Bob

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

Call me a noob I guess, but how does this work? I totally dig their armor, but I can't get past the spider-man one Amazon is offering... Customizing it with black/white sounds miiiighty tasty.

If I can just pay a measly amount of couch cushion change for theirs somehow, that would be freakin great.

#53 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Call me a noob I guess, but how does this work? I totally dig their armor, but I can't get past the spider-man one Amazon is offering... Customizing it with black/white sounds miiiighty tasty.

If I can just pay a measly amount of couch cushion change for theirs somehow, that would be freakin great.

You could, or possibly could have. I'm not certain if its dead or not. A lot of people have complained about canceled orders.

Look at this thread for details
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330154

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#54 Grumpy Bob

Grumpy Bob

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

You could, or possibly could have. I'm not certain if its dead or not. A lot of people have complained about canceled orders.

Look at this thread for details
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330154

Thanks for the info... Guess I'm one of those fools totally nerding out over armor skins hahaha. Ever since the first press release, this has been on my mind. :wall:

#55 rogXue

rogXue

Bringer of Death

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:34 AM

edited EMCJNJD242 out of Newegg. Would not allow coupon on 10/24

#56 DanjaMOB

DanjaMOB

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:55 AM

New Egg price is wrong. Just checked it and it's $59.99

#57 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:52 AM

So if you don't care about the packaging and few extras, then I suppose it is a better deal to get the Halo 4 game alone+season pass on the side later on huh? Thinking of doing that. Too bad best buy only lets you get 1 copy per title for the $20 RZ certificate pre-order bonus. Here's to hoping TRU or someone else has a day 1 purchase deal like a $15 gift card throw in.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#58 Grumpy Bob

Grumpy Bob

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:00 AM

Not sure if anyone from the Walmart thread posted or not, but I just received my 5$ preorder card in the mail and on the back it has instructions on how to redeem the exclusive DLC. This includes a code to enter into xbox marketplace. Also it stipulates how to pay for the rest of the preorder.

Soooo, if anyone was doubting or wondering about getting charged the rest of the game price without going into the store, or whether the DLC code would be given to customers AFTER picking up the game, the answer is negative on both questions.

Preorder card INCLUDES the code that will unlock VUDU credit as well as DLC, and the instructions lead me to believe charges won't be made unless you present the card to Wal-mart.

Just FYI

#59 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:19 AM

Did my preorder in store at a B&M Microsoft Store in Atlanta and they confirmed that they still take $5 off the purchase price for preordered games so Halo 4 would be $54.99 in store with a $25 Gift Card. Also, last year they gave gift cards for picking up games at midnight launch parties in the form of $10. No confirmation on that for this year though. Also, I did the Bing challenge and used the $25 for the $10 preorder payment and the rest toward a $20 points card (with $5 coming out of pocket). I put the cheaper price for B&M in the wiki OP.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#60 latin trident

latin trident

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

Not sure if anyone from the Walmart thread posted or not, but I just received my 5$ preorder card in the mail and on the back it has instructions on how to redeem the exclusive DLC. This includes a code to enter into xbox marketplace. Also it stipulates how to pay for the rest of the preorder.

Soooo, if anyone was doubting or wondering about getting charged the rest of the game price without going into the store, or whether the DLC code would be given to customers AFTER picking up the game, the answer is negative on both questions.

Preorder card INCLUDES the code that will unlock VUDU credit as well as DLC, and the instructions lead me to believe charges won't be made unless you present the card to Wal-mart.

Just FYI

Was this the $0.35 deal or did you pay the $5? I received all of my promo codes for VUDU via email and the emails indicated that they would email me the skin codes on 11/6/12. Now I'm wondering about that deal...