Revolution on NBC - Anybody watching?

pitfallharry219

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
As someone who has watched the entire series of most of the mystery type shows that have come after LOST blew up(FlashForward, The Event, Alcatraz, Journeyman, Daybreak, and more I'm sure I've forgotten), I can definitely say that I enjoy this show more than all of the others.

It's already been picked up for a full season, and ratings are pretty good from what I've read. Maybe NBC will let this one play out to the ending.

Dystopia has really been run into the ground, but I'm interested in this. I doubt I'll watch at broadcast, I'll probably hang back for a bit.

In addition to the obvious reasons (LOST and Alcatraz), I'm hesitant just because the premise isn't entirely clear. Government and the rule of law fall apart because, effectively, the lights go out? Yet somehow tribes are able to appear out of nowhere to fill this gap (as opposed to re-structuring or re-aligning of existing order)? I have to accept that to move onto whatever it is they're doing. I'm not saying it can't be done...it may just be that I need to shut up and watch the show.

Honestly, I think JJ Abrams name is starting to make people gun shy. With the way LOST ended...and then Flashforward and Alcatraz, I think people are afraid to get attached to "his" shows. What I'm sure a lot of people don't know though is he's just a checkbook for this show. This thing was totally conceived by Eric Kripke...who is the same guy who created Supernatural. I have COMPLETE faith in his writing ability considering Supernatural never took itself too seriously or got stale in the way that so many other shows do. I'm trying to get my wife onboard with this show, but she's afraid to commit to yet another show that might not get an ending (she got suckered in by Terra Nova last year). I'm hoping the ratings stay strong for this one.

Yep. For the most part I'm staying away from serial dramas. Too much risk of investing a lot of time only for them to get canceled with no resolution or have a terrible ending etc.

Plus I just hate watching shows at they air. I'd rather wait until a show is done and on Netflix/Amazon streaming (or even disc rentals) so you don't have wait between episodes and seasons etc.

I wasnt too impressed. Just reminded me too much of the Hunger Games. Maybe its just the girl with the bow and arrow, I dunno. I also dont like the swashbuckling uncle. Like was said before, there are too many better shows on TV (Walking Dead, Dexter, Sons of Anarchy, Homeland, etc.) for me to want to watch this anymore.

I do miss Journeyman though, that was pretty interesting to watch. Also I think I may be the only person who liked watching Awake.

The past couple of episodes have been absolutely dreadful. I nearly threw the remote through the TV when the fat guy stumbled, kicked over his makeshift table, and the electricity-necklace thing slides into the prisoner's cage. Such a terribly plotted and acted moment. I can't believe this keeps pulling in ratings. It's no better than something like Last Resort on ABC, yet that show is tanking. I guess time slot, hype, and advertising are everything.

We have given the show a chance and have found a lot of enjoyment. There have been shows that blatantly try to be like "Lost." Revolution has that "Lost" feel, a solid cast, and is, thus far, very interesting. The storytelling has been quite good for an NBC show. Plus, Eric Kripke is the creator, and I have nothing but love for him. He is becoming the next Joss Whedon (and I love Joss).

It isn't a bad show. I have been keeping up. I'm really not liking most shows this year. I just can't help but think they could be better. This, Walking Dead, Last Resort and American Horror Story all seem like they could be better than what they are. The only one that I like that I am keeping up with is South Park.

I've been watching Revolution, plus The Last Resort
I watched the first American Horror Story, but just watched the Season 2 premiere and not sure how it's gonna be.
but on the contrary to others I never got into Lost,
I've also been a fan of Homeland, Dexter, The Walking Dead & True Blood

We've been watching, but I'm having a tough time getting into it after the last couple episdoes. The uncle is too much of a prick even though we're supposed to like him, Charlie is becoming another cookie cutter heroine, and the rest of the cast (even Elizabeth Mitchell who I LOVE) isnt enough to make the story interesting.. I dunno, gonna try and stick with it but not optimistic. I also havent been able to get into any other shows this year.

This is the only new show I picked up, and the only one that I was even tempted to pick up. It seems this is the weakest season in recent memory as far as new shows are concerned.

I've started to do full series runs of shows that I've been interested in but never watched. I just finished all three seasons of Justified, which I loved. Earlier this week, I started The Wire. I've always heard good things about it. I'm only three episodes in, and the action is really starting to pick up.

I'm not sure what I'll move on to after The Wire is finished, possibly The Shield or Dexter.

[quote name='musha666']I wasnt too impressed. Just reminded me too much of the Hunger Games. Maybe its just the girl with the bow and arrow, I dunno. I also dont like the swashbuckling uncle. Like was said before, there are too many better shows on TV (Walking Dead, Dexter, Sons of Anarchy, Homeland, etc.) for me to want to watch this anymore.

I do miss Journeyman though, that was pretty interesting to watch. Also I think I may be the only person who liked watching Awake.[/QUOTE]

lol i thought the same thing too , hunger games clone, once i saw the girl with a bow on a quest but its the 3whole sudden power loss that got me curious. its been a slow chugger but its getting better especially after this last episode never saw that bit at the end coming.

itll be nice to see that main femlae lead toughen up her whining is fucking grating considering she grew up in a world turned upside down shes got alot of weird views on things and is too emotional.

they have been doing a good job on back stories that imo is the meat and potatoes of the show it helps to get you better invested and interested in many of the cliche characters.

bread's done
Back