Photo
- - - - -

Free Kingston 25 Year Anniversary USB *Update* Thumb Drives have started shipping

• Please log in to reply
408 replies to this topic

#391 Turning180

Turning180

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:42 AM

Just because others have mentioned it, I thought I would mention it. I've had mine for a couple weeks and the first couple times I used it, it was fine. High speed and cool design, I loved it. However, half of the insides mysteriously vanished. I don't see them sticking in my USB hubs anywhere so I'm wondering if they didn't actually get pushed back inside the shell. It's too bad, Kingston almost had something there. I'm not too worried since it was free anyway but it is a shame. Just a warning, be careful.

#392 pmkatiyar

pmkatiyar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

Got mine 2 days back, used it, its cool and working fine for me

#393 flcracker

flcracker

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:47 AM

anyone know there number to contact about this

#394 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

I got mine, thanks for posting! Going to see about this "disappearing" pin connectors.

#395 tokyostomp

tokyostomp

All About That Bass, No Treble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

so i got my usb stick finally. i thought a neighbor had swiped it but no, the managment of my apartment complex had it and forgot to tell me about it. said it had been there for a week or 2

#396 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:22 AM

I thought mine gone lost in the mail or something but nope, it showed up a couple days ago! Pretty neat usb stick!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#397 H3m1 R4m

H3m1 R4m

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:30 AM

anyone know there number to contact about this

http://www.kingston....ort/livesupport

#398 WilliamRLBaker

WilliamRLBaker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

Got mine finally I had a hell of a time figuring this one out I hadn't seen a usb stick that literally had no usb part sticking out I kept thinking do I slide it out no the whole thing is just a usb stick.

Tried it in my 360 and it meets all performance speed ratings for it so it must be a pretty fat little usb.

#399 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:00 AM

Not sure if I want to use this thing for much after seeing that the internal component may fall out. I have had mine from around the time they started shipping them out and I just now plugged it into the USB port to make sure it is working.
Posted Image

#400 mr.me

mr.me

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

Not sure if I want to use this thing for much after seeing that the internal component may fall out. I have had mine from around the time they started shipping them out and I just now plugged it into the USB port to make sure it is working.

Yeah, it sounds like it was cheaply made (which isn't all that surprising, it was free). The thought of relying on this for anything when the usb could just fall out/get pushed in and I lose all my files doesn't sit well.

#401 mr.me

mr.me

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:19 AM

I'm curious if anyone else has had problems with the internal part disappearing? I haven't used it all that much and I'm wondering if I should just throw it away. If it's not reliable there's not much point in using it.

#402 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:59 AM

I loved so much bought more for ps3/360/pc use

Edited by FNL 4EVA, 04 April 2013 - 10:16 AM.

#403 Karazykid

Karazykid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

I'm curious if anyone else has had problems with the internal part disappearing? I haven't used it all that much and I'm wondering if I should just throw it away. If it's not reliable there's not much point in using it.

I use mine daily on my xbox, switching between it and other 8gb one for different games, nothing has fallen out or broken yet.

#404 daver16

daver16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:01 AM

I had the inside part fall out probably after a month and used it only a handful of times, good news was I called Kingston about it and they had me send it in and replaced it and haven't had a problem since then!

#405 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:34 PM

I had the inside part fall out probably after a month and used it only a handful of times, good news was I called Kingston about it and they had me send it in and replaced it and haven't had a problem since then!

but they got your data on that drive.

#406 daver16

daver16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

Yeah that's true luckily I had only used it for a back up of a couple things and nothing important

#407 MagicMurderBag7

MagicMurderBag7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

I washed mine by accident (left it in my pocket) and the inside fell right out. Luckily I found an 8 gig Christmas themed flash drive at Best Buy a few weeks ago for like $4 to replace it.

#408 Grimreaper0101

Grimreaper0101

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

thsi is a year old who put this on top

#409 SneakyBeast

SneakyBeast

Confabulator's Naiveté

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:51 PM

thsi is a year old who put this on top