Pay what you want for 8+ Interplay Games from GOG.com, up to 32 games

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
http://www.gog.com/interplay
(Credit goes to irconan @Slick Deals for the wording and format.)

GOG.com has begun a new pay what you want deal for an assortment of games from Interplay Software. All games are DRM free, in total valued at $200 according to their site. Some titles include soundtracks and additional "goodies".

Pay what you want for 8 games $0.01 minimum:

Pay above the average for 20 games (including previous titles):

• Freespace + Expansion
  • Giants: Citizen Kabuto 86.34%
  • Descent 3 + Expansion 84.36% & 82.67%
  • Stonekeep 75.33%
  • Castles + Castles 2
  • Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader 64.25%
  • Messiah 74.46%
  • Battle Chess Special Edition
  • Die by the Sword + Expansion 75.00% & 54.00%
  • Earthworm Jim 3D 55.70%
  • F/A-18E Super Hornet 65.88%
  • Invictus: In the Shadow of Olympus 51.32%

Pay at least $34.99 for 32 games (includes all previous titles):

Also, they're releasing Mac compatible games now; see which ones on the website.
http://www.gog.com/news/gogcom_goes_mac

To coincide with the announcement of support for Macs, they're having a sale on "PC & Mac Essentials."
Each game is $2.99 (50% off regular price).

http://www.gog.com/en/promo/mac_games_launch_promo_18_10_12

• The Witcher Enhanced Edition
  • SimCity 2000 Special Edition
  • Theme Hospital
  • Postal: Classic and Uncut
  • Little Big Adventure (Relentless: Twinsen's Adventure)
  • Crusader: No Remorse

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gentlyporking']Damn, thought you would be able to chose the 8 games... Nope, you get the worst of the bunch.[/QUOTE]

But 8 for a penny.

Theo nly games from the whole lot I might even want are Fallout 1&2 & Tactics, and potentially the Earthworm Jim games. And I can get them elsewhere for less than $35 if the urge really hits me (and I kinda doubt it will).

And VR Soccer '96? Really?

It would be much better if the packs could customized. I might go for the penny bundle just to pick up Screamer. The beat the average bundle might be nice for Messiah, Giants, Descent and Freespace. However, like a lot of these DD packs, you get so much extra crap that sometimes its not worth picking up the good stuff.

[quote name='apterous']Theo nly games from the whole lot I might even want are Fallout 1&2 & Tactics, and potentially the Earthworm Jim games. And I can get them elsewhere for less than $35 if the urge really hits me (and I kinda doubt it will).

And VR Soccer '96? Really?[/QUOTE]

If you liked Fallout Tactics, I would recommend Jagged Alliance. The gameplay is like FOT on Squad Turn-Based mode. Hey, it's only a penny.

Don't get the complaining. Best games will always be on the highest tier. That's how it is for all bundles and models like this, like HIB or Indie Gala.

But GOG gets flack for giving you 8 games for $1. Go figure.

Of course the only game I'd care about are in the $35 selection. That is way too much to spend on the Fallout games and MDK.

Not really a fan of these "PWYW" deals from GOG.

[quote name='Umair56']Of course the only game I'd care about are in the $35 selection. That is way too much to spend on the Fallout games and MDK.

Not really a fan of these "PWYW" deals from GOG.[/QUOTE]

I think they're great I got divinity for a penny and 8 interplay games for a penny. It's basically free.

IMO: It'd be worth 35 if it included the Witcher 2

I won't play most of those games on the highest tier and if I just bought those that I want and need I'd pay maybe 10 bucks.

Regardless, thanks op! 8 games that I'll never play for 1 cent.

At the 8-game tier, I agree that there's not much here, but at the 20-game tier, dang! That's too much good stuff to pass up. Looks like Gog's getting some money from me this weekend.

[quote name='warreni']At the 8-game tier, I agree that there's not much here, but at the 20-game tier, dang! That's too much good stuff to pass up. Looks like Gog's getting some money from me this weekend.[/QUOTE]

Same here. This deal goes on for 13 days though so I will wait to see how much that average will drop. Hoping to see it hit 6ish.

[quote name='inm8num2']Don't get the complaining. Best games will always be on the highest tier. That's how it is for all bundles and models like this, like HIB or Indie Gala.

But GOG gets flack for giving you 8 games for $1. Go figure.[/QUOTE]
I think the issue is the 8 games are all rubbish. Stuff that noone ever goes, "Hmmm I think I'll have a go at that again..." The good stuff is in a $35 tier! $35 is a lot to pay for any game let alone 32 old ones.

[quote name='Woocls']I think the issue is the 8 games are all rubbish. Stuff that noone ever goes, "Hmmm I think I'll have a go at that again..." The good stuff is in a $35 tier! $35 is a lot to pay for any game let alone 32 old ones.[/QUOTE]

For a penny I can't complain, but I agreed the quality level of the Tier 1 games here doesn't even come close to the value in other bundles. Even Indie Gala usually has some pretty decent games to draw you in.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Same here. This deal goes on for 13 days though so I will wait to see how much that average will drop. Hoping to see it hit 6ish.[/QUOTE]

I honestly wasn't paying attention: how much did the Divinity bundle end up at? Anyone know?

[quote name='sayzeem']So is the Witcher worth $5? I tried it when it first came out but just couldn't get into it.[/QUOTE]

You may appreciate the changes made to the enhanced edition. I never played the vanilla version but virtually every aspect of the game was tweaked. Most folks feel that it's a terrific RPG and I would be among them.

[quote name='jshackles']In for $0.01 now, and will probably pick up the "beat the average" tier after it goes down to $5 or so. Thanks![/QUOTE]

This

[quote name='warreni']I honestly wasn't paying attention: how much did the Divinity bundle end up at? Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

It never dipped much pat $12ish.

I expect this one to dip more those since I expect a ton of people to go cheap and get the penny/dollar games.

The Divinity bundle wasn't much of a deal if you consider all that stuff will be 50% off eventually, but this is an AWESOME DEAL at the highest tier, especially if you have none of the games (or as in my case, only Fallout - which was given away for free months ago). 32 games for a buck and some change apiece.

I'm broke as a joke right now but I'll at least throw in a dollar or two for the PWYW pack. Most are actually decent games. A Jagged Alliance game! Shattered Steel, Bioware's first game! Conquest of the New World, which kept me entertained as a wee lad when it released!

Guys, come on. Pay a buck. Don't forget they have to pay credit card transaction fees and you're costing them money by buying stuff for a penny.

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']Guys, come on. Pay a buck. Don't forget they have to pay credit card transaction fees and you're costing them money by buying stuff for a penny.[/QUOTE]

Oh, come on now. This is a successful business that routinely gives out free games. If they wanted to set a higher minimum they would but the super cheapies are all factored into their budget.

i did the penny thing just for conquest... of course it does NOT RUN On my pc it crashes the entire system

did it via PAYPAL

got it to work...man i though this game was fun in 96 find it very very boring... maybe when i play it tomorrow.....

really cant bitch only paid a penny for it and 7 other games i will never download

Only interested in a few games scattered between tiers 2 and 3, mostly Messiah and the Earthworm Jim games. Going to pass on this unless the average goes to $6 or below.

[quote name='Honeybaked Ham']Did they change the minimum to .99? How did you guys get it for 0.01?[/QUOTE]

Click on the 34.99 price and it will allow you to enter what you want.

are any of these games worth downloading for free

M.A.X. + M.A.X. 2
Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business
Shattered Steel
Screamer
Evolva
Kingdom: The Far Reaches
VR Soccer '96

I'm all over anything GOG wants to let me buy for practically nothing. :lol: Thanks for the post, OP!

I am surprised at so many diss of the 8 games level. Conquest of the New World and Jagged Alliance are both good game. (for the genre). It's ok to be not interested in them/genre, but I believe that level is still very very solid, especially they are essentially free (too many do 0.01 just because they can... shrug)

Put down a penny... because why not? Maybe one day I might have the inclination to play one of them... thought probably not.

The Pay What You Want level is great, but the BTA and top tier levels are lacking. It's a great deal for the BTA and top tier if you're going to play all of those games.. but I wish they'd have done something like Groupees (Build a Bundle) or GamersGate (IndieFort) did with their indie bundles. Much more affordable, and you get the games that you actually want to play.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']It never dipped much pat $12ish.

I expect this one to dip more those since I expect a ton of people to go cheap and get the penny/dollar games.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dark_inchworm']The Divinity bundle wasn't much of a deal if you consider all that stuff will be 50% off eventually, but this is an AWESOME DEAL at the highest tier, especially if you have none of the games (or as in my case, only Fallout - which was given away for free months ago). 32 games for a buck and some change apiece.

I'm broke as a joke right now but I'll at least throw in a dollar or two for the PWYW pack. Most are actually decent games. A Jagged Alliance game! Shattered Steel, Bioware's first game! Conquest of the New World, which kept me entertained as a wee lad when it released![/QUOTE]

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']If I hadn't all ready bought the old Fallouts then I might have picked up the 35 pack. There are about 3 in the 20 pack I wouldn't mind playing.[/QUOTE]

Hm. I hope you guys are right, but I'm going to kick myself if it just keeps getting higher, the way the Humble ebook has. dark_inchworm and sleepydumbdude are basically saying they would pay more, and if lots of people have the same thought, it won't go in that direction. We're at ~ $13 now, up $3 from 6 hours ago.

[quote name='warreni']Hm. I hope you guys are right, but I'm going to kick myself if it just keeps getting higher, the way the Humble ebook has. dark_inchworm and sleepydumbdude are basically saying they would pay more, and if lots of people have the same thought, it won't go in that direction. We're at ~ $13 now, up $3 from 6 hours ago.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, yeah, it has gone up, so if you are worried you can try to buy now, but usually for these sort of things the heavy hitters come early and the cheapies keep bring the average down over the life of it.

bread's done
Back