Pay what you want for 8+ Interplay Games from GOG.com, up to 32 games

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#31 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:46 PM

The Divinity bundle wasn't much of a deal if you consider all that stuff will be 50% off eventually, but this is an AWESOME DEAL at the highest tier, especially if you have none of the games (or as in my case, only Fallout - which was given away for free months ago). 32 games for a buck and some change apiece.

I'm broke as a joke right now but I'll at least throw in a dollar or two for the PWYW pack. Most are actually decent games. A Jagged Alliance game! Shattered Steel, Bioware's first game! Conquest of the New World, which kept me entertained as a wee lad when it released!

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#32 Honeybaked Ham

Honeybaked Ham

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:18 AM

Did they change the minimum to .99? How did you guys get it for 0.01?

#33 Foxhack

Foxhack

Bad at math

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:21 AM

Guys, come on. Pay a buck. Don't forget they have to pay credit card transaction fees and you're costing them money by buying stuff for a penny.

foxhack.jpg

#34 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:57 AM

Thanks, OP!

154512.png

:360: Child of Light / FIFA 14

:pc: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II

:ps3: Resistance Trilogy

:ps4: Watch Dogs

jionekanji.png

#35 KingofGames

KingofGames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:01 AM

I was hoping Fallout 1 & 2 were on the list. Shame they are in the top tier.

Posted Image

#36 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:04 AM

i remember playing conquest of the new world back in 96 it was a fun game and worth a buck alone
WOOOO I STINK

#37 inm8num2

inm8num2

GOG Pogs are coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:07 AM

I would probably buy all the games if I didn't pledge to Project Eternity. Not enough moneys. :(

#38 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:11 AM

Guys, come on. Pay a buck. Don't forget they have to pay credit card transaction fees and you're costing them money by buying stuff for a penny.

Oh, come on now. This is a successful business that routinely gives out free games. If they wanted to set a higher minimum they would but the super cheapies are all factored into their budget.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#39 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:19 AM

i did the penny thing just for conquest... of course it does NOT RUN On my pc it crashes the entire system

did it via PAYPAL

got it to work...man i though this game was fun in 96 find it very very boring... maybe when i play it tomorrow.....

really cant bitch only paid a penny for it and 7 other games i will never download
WOOOO I STINK

#40 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:21 AM

Only interested in a few games scattered between tiers 2 and 3, mostly Messiah and the Earthworm Jim games. Going to pass on this unless the average goes to $6 or below.

#41 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:26 AM

Did they change the minimum to .99? How did you guys get it for 0.01?

Click on the 34.99 price and it will allow you to enter what you want.

default.png2.png

#42 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:30 AM

are any of these games worth downloading for free

M.A.X. + M.A.X. 2
Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business
Shattered Steel
Screamer
Evolva
Kingdom: The Far Reaches
VR Soccer '96
WOOOO I STINK

#43 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:43 AM

I'm all over anything GOG wants to let me buy for practically nothing. :lol: Thanks for the post, OP!
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#44 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:53 AM

I am surprised at so many diss of the 8 games level. Conquest of the New World and Jagged Alliance are both good game. (for the genre). It's ok to be not interested in them/genre, but I believe that level is still very very solid, especially they are essentially free (too many do 0.01 just because they can... shrug)

#45 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:57 AM

The Pay What You Want level is great, but the BTA and top tier levels are lacking. It's a great deal for the BTA and top tier if you're going to play all of those games.. but I wish they'd have done something like Groupees (Build a Bundle) or GamersGate (IndieFort) did with their indie bundles. Much more affordable, and you get the games that you actually want to play.

#46 zaishade

zaishade

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:57 AM

I doubt I'll play any of the "basic eight" but I put down a penny anyway... because why not?

#47 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:26 AM

It never dipped much pat $12ish.

I expect this one to dip more those since I expect a ton of people to go cheap and get the penny/dollar games.

The Divinity bundle wasn't much of a deal if you consider all that stuff will be 50% off eventually, but this is an AWESOME DEAL at the highest tier, especially if you have none of the games (or as in my case, only Fallout - which was given away for free months ago). 32 games for a buck and some change apiece.

I'm broke as a joke right now but I'll at least throw in a dollar or two for the PWYW pack. Most are actually decent games. A Jagged Alliance game! Shattered Steel, Bioware's first game! Conquest of the New World, which kept me entertained as a wee lad when it released!

If I hadn't all ready bought the old Fallouts then I might have picked up the 35 pack. There are about 3 in the 20 pack I wouldn't mind playing.

Hm. I hope you guys are right, but I'm going to kick myself if it just keeps getting higher, the way the Humble ebook has. dark_inchworm and sleepydumbdude are basically saying they would pay more, and if lots of people have the same thought, it won't go in that direction. We're at ~ $13 now, up $3 from 6 hours ago.

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#48 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:31 AM

Hm. I hope you guys are right, but I'm going to kick myself if it just keeps getting higher, the way the Humble ebook has. dark_inchworm and sleepydumbdude are basically saying they would pay more, and if lots of people have the same thought, it won't go in that direction. We're at ~ $13 now, up $3 from 6 hours ago.

Hmmm, yeah, it has gone up, so if you are worried you can try to buy now, but usually for these sort of things the heavy hitters come early and the cheapies keep bring the average down over the life of it.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#49 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:33 AM

Crazy deal!

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#50 inm8num2

inm8num2

GOG Pogs are coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:13 AM

If you pay less than the average now, can you bump up your payment later on like bundles work or do you have to do a separate, new transaction?

#51 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:16 AM

If you pay less than the average now, can you bump up your payment later on like bundles work or do you have to do a separate, new transaction?

You have to do a new seperate transaction.

#52 xzt181

xzt181

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

Warsow is Free
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/warsow

#53 jdb

jdb

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

I bought the 20 game pack for $12.39 when this first went live. I'd wanted 7 of the games in that pack and thanks to some figuring on my part I found out I got about 70% off the normal price. That's not too bad :)

Of course saying I only had 1 game before purchasing the pack and I got 89% off normal price for the other 19 does sound better but since the majority of the games I don't care much about and may not play it's more realistic to think of it as a 70% discount for the ones I wanted.

#54 hustletron

hustletron

the struggle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

Warsow is Free
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/warsow

Thanks! Not sure what it is but it's free so I grabbed it, also grabbed Fallout when it was free a while back and played a bit for nostalgia, there's no other games I really want other than maybe Shogo and Redneck Rampage, Descent....but not for 35 bucks cmon meow.

fs_overall.png

#55 Dr. Feel Good

Dr. Feel Good

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

Aw, no Star Trek Judgment Rites?

#56 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

Add your vote here http://www.gog.com/e..._talkie_version
http://www.gog.com/e...judgement_rites
http://www.gog.com/e..._judgment_rites
to request GOG add that specific game to their collection. You can also search for other games or create new requests.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#57 hustletron

hustletron

the struggle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:53 PM

Wow just found they had crusader no remorse. Must. Resist.

fs_overall.png

#58 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Hm. Bought the Limited Edition with the VHS tape of "The City on the Edge of Forever" and communicator pin when it came out and I thought it was fantastic. I loved that they were able to get the TOS cast to do voice-over work for it. I actually think I still have it somewhere at home.

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#59 jthieme

jthieme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:02 PM

I got the full bundle, was a little bit hesitant at first since I already owned a few of the games on the list but I was given a gift code for those I already owned. I also picked up Theme Hospital as I was waiting for a sale on that.

#60 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

Less than 6 hours to go. I held off so as not to raise the average price for my fellow CAGs but I think I'm finally going to splurge on buying out the full library. 82% off, guaranteed to work on modern machines, DRM free and a ton of acclaimed games and I'm having trouble saying no.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/