Justice League movie set for 2015!: Nerd Wars inside each page!

Outright bizarre choice to aim for a date that will put them head to head with the juggernaut that is the Avengers.

[quote name='ced']Outright bizarre choice to aim for a date that will put them head to head with the juggernaut that is the Avengers.[/QUOTE]

I am thinking a few things:

-They are putting a lot of faith into the upcoming Man of Steel that they will probably announce a sequel to be released just before A2, with JL coming in July.

-Time for them to put out a "REAL" Wonder Woman movie instead of dicking us around with tv pilots that don't make it or Sandra Bullock as WW pics from 15 years ago.

-A Martian Manhunter movie........

-A reboot of Green lantern. Yeah it was so so...give us John Stewart!

Consider we only know 1 of the actors...I'm not remotely interested. Marvel has done it right from the get-go, err..."Phases". I'm already looking forward to the upcoming movies and of course A2 is on my list in 3 years :D

Does make you wonder..........could the Avengers have been successful without the movies building up to it? For example would it have made so much money if we didn't have the Iron man, CA, Thor movies and just had the Avengers? I think the build up is what made it so much money....it sure wasn't the story or the 3D.

Back in 2008, WB said that a JLA film was supposed to be released in 2011:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0974015/

Then on November 2011, WB said that Justice League will be released in 2015:

youtube.com/ watch?v=35pasFezx_I

Then later they backed out of that statment, but now fast forward a year later, 2012, and they're saying it's back on?

R.I.P.

I give up.

They're going to need one hell of a director and writer to make audiences give a shit about all these characters from the start. I Mean, it's not impossible, the Justice League cartoon introduced the team one by one with enough exposition to get the personality of each character in a 60 minute time frame, but Warner isn't known for handling the DC film franchise well outside of the Nolan Bat films.

It's not like they're releasing it on the same day, so I don't know why they need luck?

[quote name='bardockkun']They're going to need one hell of a director and writer to make audiences give a shit about all these characters from the start. I Mean, it's not impossible, the Justice League cartoon introduced the team one by one with enough exposition to get the personality of each character in a 60 minute time frame, but Warner isn't known for handling the DC film franchise well outside of the Nolan Bat films.[/QUOTE]

The Justice League has more popular and well known heroes than The Avengers did which is why it was smart of Marvel to give each their own movie before. Everyone knows who Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, and Green Lantern are. The only one that people wouldn't know is Martian Manhunter, but who knows if he'll even be in the movie.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Does make you wonder..........could the Avengers have been successful without the movies building up to it? For example would it have made so much money if we didn't have the Iron man, CA, Thor movies and just had the Avengers? I think the build up is what made it so much money....it sure wasn't the story or the 3D.[/QUOTE]
It was definetly the hype.

[quote name='whoknows']It's not like they're releasing it on the same day, so I don't know why they need luck?

The Justice League has more popular and well known heroes than The Avengers did which is why it was smart of Marvel to give each their own movie before. Everyone knows who Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, and Green Lantern are. The only one that people probably wouldn't know is Martian Manhunter, but who knows if he'll even be in the movie.[/QUOTE]
And Hawkgirl. Though I'd say Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Green Lantern are just as popular as Hulk, Cap, Iron Man and Thor. The only problem is outside of Supes and Batman (because of recent films) is that a majority of people don't know the personality or stories of the other DC heroes. People know their power and outfits, yes, but that only plays a small role and you can't get behind a character merely for just their powers or look. The only exception to that rule is Hulk since his personality and powers are all one in the same for the most part.

Also if they know any better they'll goddamn choose Wally West as Flash for the film because Barry Allen is boooooooring.

MOST of the general public only know of Superman and Batman, and to a degree Wonder Woman.

MOST people have heard about Flash.

When Green Lantern came out, not a lot of the general public even knew what he was, and often confused him for Green Hornet.

WB/DC will have to make a film worthwhile introducing these characters still rather than banking on a JLA cartoon from 10 years ago.

All I'll say is Geoff Johns constant re-writing ruined the GL movie, I hope he's not involved in as he was in the now proposed JLA movie.

[quote name='HanawayCoca']
When Green Lantern came out, not a lot of the general public even knew what he was, and often confused him for Green Hornet.[/QUOTE]

Huh? I mean if the movies hit theaters the same same time then I guess for that short period of time a small amount of people might have been confused momentarily? But they didn't.

At this point though with the help of the movie Green Lantern is just as well known as any of the heroes in the Avengers.

[quote name='moon_knight']The least known avengers(Black widow and Hawkeye) didn't even get their own movies.[/QUOTE]
Black Widow got Iron Man 2, which was really all just set up for SHIELD's involvement and setting up the characters for Avengers. Plus you got enough of her character in IM2, but by Avengers you knew really you needed to about the character so by the end you've established enough of her character and history that's equivalence to a movie.
[quote name='HanawayCoca']MOST of the general public only know of Superman and Batman, and to a degree Wonder Woman.

MOST people have heard about Flash.

When Green Lantern came out, not a lot of the general public even knew what he was, and often confused him for Green Hornet.

WB/DC will have to make a film worthwhile introducing these characters still rather than banking on a JLA cartoon from 10 years ago.

All I'll say is Geoff Johns constant re-writing ruined the GL movie, I hope he's not involved in as he was in the now proposed JLA movie.[/QUOTE]
Most people only know of Wonder Woman only through the fetishistic eyes of that costume.

Plus Green Lantern AND Green Hornet had the misfortune of being released around the same time to one another. That and the general consensus being that GL was ass and no one didn't care to go see it didn't help.

Though what really bothers me is Marvel did play it right with how they did the lead up movies. Since even if you didn't see one or two of the tie in films, you could at least feel secure enough in going to see the movie because you know of one of the characters from a prior film. It kinda gave a non comic reading audiences a life preserver with following a specific character to help shepherd them to see the movie. With Justice League's plan of BIG movie first THEN establishing franchises it just seems so goddamn risky because if the movie bombs or the character fails to resonate with the audience then how in the hell is that going to encourage audiences to see that one character's film? Plus doing this so soon after Nolan's Batman universe worries me because that Batman can't coexist in a world of super powers and audiences will be linking that version to this one no matter the actor.

[quote name='whoknows']Huh? I mean if the movies hit theaters the same same time then I guess for that short period of time a small amount of people might have been confused momentarily? But they didn't.

At this point though with the help of the movie Green Lantern is just as well known as any of the heroes in the Avengers.[/QUOTE]
Not really. Green Lantern film was released in 2011.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CCUQFjAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fsites.google.com%2Fa%2Fflippededucation.com%2Fflippedevents%2F-appsctsummits%2Fgoogle-search-top-2011-superhero&ei=i4aAUMu3GaKxiwK5zoHYDA&usg=AFQjCNEjjYdNjSW0O2aF1-_lc1oP-7TIQQ&sig2=BznwtN68NZmazrsA_YVU1Q

Top Marvel/DC superhero Google searches of 2011:

Avengers
Iron Man
Batman
Spider-Man

Captain America
Superman
X-Men
Wolverine

Thor
Hulk

Green Lantern didn't even make the list and is now probably a distant memory this year.

[quote name='bardockkun']
Plus Green Lantern AND Green Hornet had the misfortune of being released around the same time to one another. That and the general consensus being that GL was ass and no one didn't care to go see it didn't help.[/QUOTE]

6 months apart is not around the same time. Do you think anyone went to Green Lantern six months after the release of Green Hornet and thought they were seeing Green Hornet?

I don't even remember what I saw in theaters six months ago off the top of my head.

Also Green Lantern had a $50 million opening weekend. That means no one saw it, right?

[quote name='whoknows']Huh? I mean if the movies hit theaters the same same time then I guess for that short period of time a small amount of people might have been confused momentarily? But they didn't.

At this point though with the help of the movie Green Lantern is just as well known as any of the heroes in the Avengers.[/QUOTE]Yeah except Green Lantern BOMBED and the Avengers grossed over a billion dollars. I guarantee you there are people who don't even know a Green Lantern movie exists, so no, the character is not as well known.

I just flat out have absolutely NO excitement for this movie and I can't see the average moviegoer showing that much more of an interest. Marvel has done a fantastic job in creating anticipation for their future movies, even those years away. While DC has done the complete opposite. The new Superman movie comes out in what? Less than a year? Who but movie buffs or comic book fans actually know that?

[quote name='PimpLimp']Yeah except Green Lantern BOMBED and the Avengers grossed over a billion dollars. I guarantee you there are people who don't even know a Green Lantern movie exists, so no, the character is not as well known.

I just flat out have absolutely NO excitement for this movie and I can't see the average moviegoer showing that much more of an interest. Marvel has done a fantastic job in creating anticipation for their future movies, even those years away. While DC has done the complete opposite. The new Superman movie comes out in what? Less than a year? Who but movie buffs or comic book fans actually know that?[/QUOTE]

You have absolutely no excitement for a movie that's not coming out for three years and has next to no information out about it?

That's weird.

[quote name='whoknows']You have absolutely no excitement for a movie that has next to no information out about it?

That's weird.[/QUOTE]I'm sorry, and what do you think the whole point for them announcing a release date for the movie was? Not to drum up anticipation and excitement? You're right, makes sense :roll:

[quote name='whoknows']You seem to be confusing a release date with a trailer.[/QUOTE]No, you seem to be confusing what you think, with what I've actually wrote. Why else would they announce the movie for SUMMER 2015 and not just 2015? That was just a coincidence right? Yeah, I'm sure they weren't expecting publicity or anything to come of this.

It can work, of course. However, it would need the right cast and crew, but it's going to be tough to watch a Batman A) other than Bale and B) not written and directed by Nolan. Will it be better than the Avengers? Probably not, that would depend on the villain. All the characters, outside of Batman and *maybe* Hal Jordan GL, are perfect characters, and always have been. They've got no flaws.

It's going to be hard for the movie to be good (because it will make as much money as Avengers 2, regardless if it is good or not) considering you'd have to rush the origins of The Flash, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern (if they go with Stewart, Rayner or Gardner), Wonder Woman, Aquaman, or whoever else is on the team. And like I've already said, it is possible, but it would need the right cast and crew. Another problem is this: would we be getting old versions of the characters, or revamped New 52 versions of the characters?

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested, because I am, but I can also say that I am far more interested in Antman and Avengers 2 for 2015.

^ I honestly don't think it would take a lot to be "better" than the Avengers
[quote name='PimpLimp']No, you seem to be confusing what you think, with what I've actually wrote. Why else would they announce the movie for SUMMER 2015 and not just 2015? That was just a coincidence right? Yeah, I'm sure they weren't expecting publicity or anything to come of this.[/QUOTE]
They released the date to get people talking it. I doubt they expect full blown excitement.

[quote name='bardockkun']Black Widow got Iron Man 2, which was really all just set up for SHIELD's involvement and setting up the characters for Avengers. Plus you got enough of her character in IM2, but by Avengers you knew really you needed to about the character so by the end you've established enough of her character and history that's equivalence to a movie.

Most people only know of Wonder Woman only through the fetishistic eyes of that costume.

Plus Green Lantern AND Green Hornet had the misfortune of being released around the same time to one another. That and the general consensus being that GL was ass and no one didn't care to go see it didn't help.

Though what really bothers me is Marvel did play it right with how they did the lead up movies. Since even if you didn't see one or two of the tie in films, you could at least feel secure enough in going to see the movie because you know of one of the characters from a prior film. It kinda gave a non comic reading audiences a life preserver with following a specific character to help shepherd them to see the movie. With Justice League's plan of BIG movie first THEN establishing franchises it just seems so goddamn risky because if the movie bombs or the character fails to resonate with the audience then how in the hell is that going to encourage audiences to see that one character's film? Plus doing this so soon after Nolan's Batman universe worries me because that Batman can't coexist in a world of super powers and audiences will be linking that version to this one no matter the actor.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the last paragraph. I hadnt seen Thor when I saw the Avengers but because of Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, etc I still had no problem going to see it. I think DC is smart to try this, but wish it had better buildup because you're right, outside of Batman and Superman the other characters wont enough exposure beforehand for viewers to feel interested in them.

It would take a quite a bit to match the money Avengers made (not even TDKR did that), so yeah -- all opinions of how good the movie is aside -- it would. But no need to turn this into an argument on which franchise or movie series is (or will be) better, my friend.

I think that's why I liked Marvel a lot better back years ago. Too many of DC's characters seem like they have no flaws. Sure, Bats has some serious issues, but he seems to be the exception. I think that's why it's hard to do a Superman film, because the guy is practically a god on earth, you pretty much have to either trot out kryptonite or one of the few villains he has which can actually go toe to toe with him, like Zod.

You said a movie that hasn't even come out might not be as a good as the avengers. Also the avengers was in 3d, which probably helped.

Pretty sure Justice League will be in 3D, given that a Green Lantern will no doubt be in the film. Flying and laser beams and all that good stuff, too. Oh, and explosions.

I know you're being sarcastic, but I can only think of one movie ever that I think 3D added anything in.

Everyone tries to say that one scene in Avatar made the extra cost worth it, but they're objectively wrong about that.

Yeah, it would be nice to see 3D fade, but people would have to stop going to see 3D movies for that to happen.

[quote name='moon_knight']^ I honestly don't think it would take a lot to be "better" than the Avengers

They released the date to get people talking it. I doubt they expect full blown excitement.[/QUOTE]Where did I say full blown excitement? Geez, now you're speaking for me too? Look, my whole argument was that the release date can get people excited and anticipating a movie. Now, how is that any different than getting people to talk about it, like you just said?

[quote name='whoknows']Final Destination 5. The 3D was used in fun ways.[/QUOTE]
Never saw it, I'm too mature to watch stuff like that.
[quote name='PimpLimp']Where did I say full blown excitement? Geez, now you're speaking for me too? Look, my whole argument was that the release date can get people excited and anticipating a movie. Now, how is that any different than getting people to talk about it, like you just said?[/QUOTE]
Speaking for you? I am you.

Getting excited over a release date is dumb

[quote name='moon_knight']Never saw it, I'm too mature to watch stuff like that.

Speaking for you? I am you.

Getting excited over a release date is dumb[/QUOTE]What.....does....it....mean?

That I can agree with. But hey, that release date got this thread created and us talking.

Alright, I'll be honest, I'm just here to talk about how bad I wanna see Guardians of the Galaxy. Yet I don't see a way in which they don't fuck it up somehow. And that makes me cry inside.

[quote name='moon_knight']Their plan is working. Marvel Phase 2 seems WAY more interesting than the first.[/QUOTE]I hope so. I personally thing Guardians is going to be the hardest of all the movies to pull off in Phase 2, so I can't help but be a little worried. I couldn't agree with you more though, everything with the exception of Thor 2. I fucking hate the storyline they picked out.

I hope all the sequels turn out better than Iron Man 2 did.

Only movie I actually liked from phase 1 was Captain America, so I'm most interested in the sequel to that.

The rest were entertaining enough, but I have no desire to watch them again.

Ironman is the one I liked a lot. Im interested in the commentary for the avengers, maybe some extras and then im done with marvel phase one forevah

But honestly, who will be the main villain that they come together to fight? Darksied? Brainiac? Zod? Those aliens we saw in the JL animated pilot?

[quote name='ITDEFX']But honestly, who will be the main villain that they come together to fight? Darksied? Brainiac? Zod? Those aliens we saw in the JL animated pilot?[/QUOTE]Who knows, all those are originally Supes villains though and I don't really see any of those warranting the combined might of the Justice League. At least not without being introduced in the upcoming Superman movie first.

My best guess would be the Anti-Monitor maybe? Or why not, lets make it an even more convoluted mess and have the villains be the Injustice League!

It still bothers me why they picked Thor's enemy to be the group's main villain? I dunno, but does Marvel have weak overall villains or does DC?

[quote name='ITDEFX']But honestly, who will be the main villain that they come together to fight? Darksied? Brainiac? Zod? Those aliens we saw in the JL animated pilot?[/QUOTE]

Legion of Doom.

bread's done
Back