Photo
- - - - -

(XBOX ACHIEVEMENTS)Toy Soldiers + Invasian DLC + The Kaiser's Battle DLC: $4.99 Steam

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 coldgears

coldgears

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:10 AM

Did a search nothing came up.

Link, clicky clicky.

Ends October 24th. This is a really good deal, especially considering you get both DLC's. It cost me $10 for the full game and all DLC on the xbox... And that was with a 50% off everything.

The game is GFWL enabled (Has xbox achievements). The achievements ARE STACKABLE. This means, if you buy the PC version IT HAS A SEPARATE SET OF ACHIEVEMENTS! What does this mean? A higher gamerscore!:)

#2 madcyantist

madcyantist

Impulsive Buyer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:19 AM

good deal, fun game

#3 bobtheape

bobtheape

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:40 AM

Very nice find, I'm going to pick this up right now. Thanks for the heads up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 mitchondria

mitchondria

Climbin in Yo Window

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:43 AM

Will be picking this up later today. Thanks op

540841.png

#5 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:45 AM

Game was $2.50 during the summer sale. I would wait until the Christmas sale if you can
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#6 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

I can double the size of my e-peen for half the price!!!!!!!!

#7 pholly

pholly

Best In The World

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

Game was $2.50 during the summer sale. I would wait until the Christmas sale if you can

Was that including the DLC or just the game? This includes the DLC but I don't know if that's part of the deal or if it's always sold with the DLC.

#8 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

It's always been sold on Steam with the DLC

76561197971332172.png

#9 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

Yes, it did come with dlc. Pc version as far as I know always comes with dlc. For some reason I was thinking they took gfwl out of this game. Maybe they just give you an option to play without it.

#10 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

Guess I will just dust off my time machine. Thanks for the heads up OP.

#11 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:24 PM

"What’s new in the 1.1 update for Toy Soldiers on PC:

Steamworks!

Steamworks features have now been integrated into Toy Soldiers! Steam achievements, Leaderboards, and saving games to the Steam Cloud are now a part of Toy Soldiers for PC.
Toy Soldiers for PC no longer requires Games For Windows LIVE to play! Players who are still working on their Games for Windows LIVE gamerscore need not worry though. After the patch is applied and you launch the game through Steam, you will see a dialog box that will give you the choice to play the new Steamworks version, or the Games For Windows LIVE version of the game. Each version will have its own save file, so progress you make in one version will not be visible by the other. "

"All DLC from the Xbox LIVE® Arcade hit is included!"

#12 Wario64

Wario64

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

Lol at achievements being a feature. No one likes GFWL

#13 mitchondria

mitchondria

Climbin in Yo Window

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

Actually the GFWL achievements are the only reason im even remotely interested.

540841.png

#14 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

Aw totally thought I could get the DLC for XBLA. I don't want to re-beat this game on PC.

Awesome game though. HIGHLY recommend it.

SteamWidget.PNG

#15 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

Speaking from experience as an achievement fan myself, for some people GFWL is a major -and for some achievement hunters only- deciding factor as to whether to play a PC game at all. Hell, there’s people who’ve 100%’d Bioshock or Batman:AA six times (360, GFWL, JPN, GER, etc.) just because it ‘stacks’. It’s also why tons of achievement hunters suffer through GFWL and buy Windows Phones and Japanese consoles and so on and so on. Remember when Dark Souls was announced for GFWL?? The internet raged and put up petitions while most of the achievement community was like “YES! YES!!”.

#16 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:53 PM

"What’s new in the 1.1 update for Toy Soldiers on PC:

Steamworks!

Steamworks features have now been integrated into Toy Soldiers! Steam achievements, Leaderboards, and saving games to the Steam Cloud are now a part of Toy Soldiers for PC.
Toy Soldiers for PC no longer requires Games For Windows LIVE to play! Players who are still working on their Games for Windows LIVE gamerscore need not worry though. After the patch is applied and you launch the game through Steam, you will see a dialog box that will give you the choice to play the new Steamworks version, or the Games For Windows LIVE version of the game. Each version will have its own save file, so progress you make in one version will not be visible by the other. "

"All DLC from the Xbox LIVE® Arcade hit is included!"

Yep, so if you REALLY like Toy Soldiers and REALLY like achievements, you can play both versions and get XBOX and PC achievements. . . .

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#17 MykonosFan

MykonosFan

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

Yep, so if you REALLY like Toy Soldiers and REALLY like achievements, you can play both versions and get XBOX and PC achievements. . . .

Exactly!

I played the demo of this once and actually liked it, just never got around to playing it. Five dollars with all the DLC, may as well give it a shot, right?

#18 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

Its a pretty fun little expanded tower defense game. PC version is single player only though.

#19 ElektroDragon

ElektroDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

I DO GODDAMMIT! At least until Steam cheevos have a goddamn metascore.

#20 KiySeph

KiySeph

Ninja BOOM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:55 PM

I bought it for the achievements, it's probably the only thing I like about GFWL

#21 Octopod

Octopod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:46 AM

Great game. I got this on XBLA when it first came out and then bought it again on Steam when it was released there. The only problem with the pc version is that it doesn't have multiplayer if you care about that.

#22 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:29 AM

It'll probably be on sale again for the winter sale. In other news, you can only play the sequel (Toy Soldiers Cold War Touch Edition) on PC via Windows 8 and its built in store for $10. Here is hoping it is on Steam soon (and on sale).

#23 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:33 AM

Only interested because of GFWL/Achievements but it seems to be $10 now. I'll wait until the next sale.

716936.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: Walking Dead: Season 1 [PS4], D4: Season 1 [X1], inFAMOUS: First Light [PS4]

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)
PROOF: http://screencast.com/t/Tlq8D38h5a3