GameFly Console Deals: Crysis 2 (PS3) $8, Asura's Wrath $13, Kinect SW & Starhawk $15

Thanks Cheapy for posting this!

What's sad is I bought Crysis 2 about a year ago from GF for $12.99 I think? ... and I still haven't played it...

Asura's Wrath does look tempting, but then I also have to buy the DLC huh? Guessing they won't be making a GOTY for this game though, so I might just do it. Hurry up guys and buy it, if I come back tomorrow and see it's still available I might just have to buy it.

I finally pulled the trigger on Starhawk. I remember playing the demo and loving it, but I had so many other games in the back log. $15 was too good to pass up.

[quote name='AxleHead']Crysis 2 is great. Especially for 7.99.[/QUOTE]

One opinion was all I needed. Picked it up to throw on the backlog.

[quote name='coopscohen']Thanks Cheapy. Anyone have an opinion on Kinect Star Wars for $15?[/QUOTE]

In terms of price, its the lowest I've seen it.

In terms of gameplay, the podracing and flight levels were very fun. The campaign isn't all that great, rancor mode is fun for a few levels, and Jedi duels isn't anything you'll play much beyond achievements.

The dancing had many people raging, entirely writing of the game right there. As a star wars fan, I took it as light hearted fun and seeing my favorite characters bust a move was so obsurd that it was entertaining. I really liked the dance portion; probably one of the few star wars fans who think that way. Some people need to stop being so cynical and just have fun.

With that said, the lightsaber action isn't like you dreamed of from when you were young. Overall, worth $15.

I got all the achievements in it so if anyone needs advice on that game, I'd be happy to doil it out =]

I essentially agree with everything above me about Kinect Star Wars (I actually got it at launch, since I'm a big Star Wars fan) and would also recommend picking it up for $15. The pod racing and rancor parts are great and the dancing can be fun if you don't take it seriously.

[quote name='coopscohen']Thanks Cheapy. Anyone have an opinion on Kinect Star Wars for $15?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='litepink']In terms of price, its the lowest I've seen it.

In terms of gameplay, the podracing and flight levels were very fun. The campaign isn't all that great, rancor mode is fun for a few levels, and Jedi duels isn't anything you'll play much beyond achievements.

The dancing had many people raging, entirely writing of the game right there. As a star wars fan, I took it as light hearted fun and seeing my favorite characters bust a move was so obsurd that it was entertaining. I really liked the dance portion; probably one of the few star wars fans who think that way. Some people need to stop being so cynical and just have fun.

With that said, the lightsaber action isn't like you dreamed of from when you were young. Overall, worth $15.

I got all the achievements in it so if anyone needs advice on that game, I'd be happy to doil it out =][/QUOTE]

Thanks. I think I'll give it a shot.

If you buy Asura's Wrath, you kind of have to/want to/need to buy the DLC "Nirvana."

The DLC is worth every penny. It ranks up there with the likes of Lair of the shadow broker and Minerva's den IMO.

I remember playing Starhawk at E3 a year ago, I really enjoyed the multiplayer. Does anyone know if it's worth it at this price? How's the online community?

[quote name='eXiON']Thanks Cheapy for posting this!

What's sad is I bought Crysis 2 about a year ago from GF for $12.99 I think? ... and I still haven't played it...

Asura's Wrath does look tempting, but then I also have to buy the DLC huh? Guessing they won't be making a GOTY for this game though, so I might just do it. Hurry up guys and buy it, if I come back tomorrow and see it's still available I might just have to buy it.[/QUOTE]

I, too, am using the "stall and hope it sells out method".

[quote name='pun123']I know starhawk SP is free on PSN, but would this have the MP?[/QUOTE]

The single player is only free for PSN+ members. As for the disc version it has both SP and MP.

[quote name='pun123']I know starhawk SP is free on PSN, but would this have the MP?[/QUOTE]

This one should come with an online code. It's OK at best. Every time I played most people didn't talk so I got bored with it rather quickly. I might pick it up again one day.

Picked up Kinect: Star Wars. I enjoyed some of the demo enough to warrant the purchase "for my son". Podracing brought back a flood of memories from the N64 version in a good way.

For those on the fence: Base TIV is $10 at Best Buy; when 100% bonus comes back next week you're looking at $5 profit to soothe your shameful soul.

c075c829d34e28e5_the-critic-it-stinks.jpg

Got Mario and Sonic. My first non PS3 game I purchased from gamefly, hopefully it comes in good shape.

I remember when I bought Crysis 2 for $40 when it came out on Amazon, I never knew the price was going to drop fast in the upcoming weeks of it's release! Should I get Starhawk now or will it drop any lower later on?

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']This one should come with an online code. It's OK at best. Every time I played most people didn't talk so I got bored with it rather quickly. I might pick it up again one day.[/QUOTE]

Very few people have a headset on psn. Sony should have bundled them with ps3s:headache:. Killzone 3 and Uncharted are a blast when everyone has a mic so I can't stand playing in quiet rooms anymore. But it's too annoying to find rooms with headseted people. Cuz of this I wasn't too thrilled about starhawk or any online heavy game for ps3. It's a damn shame.

[quote name='VenomA7X']Very few people have a headset on psn. Sony should have bundled them with ps3s:headache:. Killzone 3 and Uncharted are a blast when everyone has a mic so I can't stand playing in quiet rooms anymore. But it's too annoying to find rooms with headseted people. Cuz of this I wasn't too thrilled about starhawk or any online heavy game for ps3. It's a damn shame.[/QUOTE]

THIS is why I had to switch my PS3 copy of borderlands to an XBOX copy. I couldn't stand going in to a co-op lobby where no one had a mic, I mean c'mon man.

[quote name='VenomA7X']Very few people have a headset on psn. Sony should have bundled them with ps3s:headache:. Killzone 3 and Uncharted are a blast when everyone has a mic so I can't stand playing in quiet rooms anymore. But it's too annoying to find rooms with headseted people. Cuz of this I wasn't too thrilled about starhawk or any online heavy game for ps3. It's a damn shame.[/QUOTE]
Oh hell no, I'm glad they did that. It's one reason I hated playing online with randoms on the 360.

Like you've said, it's a blast when everyone in the room has a headset and knows how to communicate but more often times than not I usually just heard kids/thugs/ppl breathing heavily into the mic or having their loudass thug music, man that shit was annoying, it absolutely sucks in games where you can't mute them.

Once my Elite died on me I called it quits and started buying my games exclusively for the PS3 and I'm glad It's generally quieter, infact I kinda like playing a game and using in-game commands to communicate with others.. Kinda feels like playing charades in a dumb way lol. I usually never even use my mic now unless I know some peeps are chatting it up in the game. Really though, the best players I've met have always been the ones that know how to communicate with/without mic.

Also, to be fair I swear it's usually cool people that I've caught up with playing that are using mics, but its probably cause I don't play COD hah.

Picked up Asura's Wrath for the PS3. Loved the demo but sorta forgot about it after wait for a decent price drop.

Almost picked up Starhawk for the bro and I, but I'm not sure how the online community is nowadays.

Tempted by Starhawk. I have the single player and like it, and I enjoyed the beta, but with Black Friday so close, I feel like I could end up getting it for $10 somewhere.

Picked up AW to add to the backlog pile, its getting out of hand gezz, I'm not one of 'those guys' yet at least ha.

I knew Asura's Wrath was going to drop, but I really don't care. Glad I picked it up last time. So unique and a lot of fun! I love it like I love Gurren Lagann. So over the top you're just cheering at your tv.

I have the wireless headset, and I was expecting people to at least talk or something...nothing. That's one of the main reasons I don't care for online games unless one of my friends have it or something. Now Demon's Souls didn't have the chat option either. It was still a blast to play through though. I wonder if MAG was the same way. I thought it had a cool concept in theory, but I never played it.

Warhawk had a generally fantastic community years after release. I don't know about Starhawk, but i just bought it because it's high on my want list because Warhawk was so good. The SP is supposed to be rough, but the *hawk games are all about MP.

I also picked up Asura's Wrath because I have no self control.

RE: Crysis 2 --
I absolutely hated this bug-ridden mess. Hated it. Hated it. So glitchy and buggy it wasn't even funny. You can watch some of the hilarity on youtube... some claim not to see any glitches in their playthroughs, but I saw tons and tons. Little annoyances like enemies dancing in circles (endlessly), to blind enemies that couldn't see you, to enemies that would be firing at you point blank (but facing the wrong way), to extremely annoying glitches like enemies seeing you through walls, or seeing you from a mile away. And that's just scratching the surface of C2 glitches.

Re: PS3 and mics.

I have a full friends list of mic users, just through playing various MP games and befriending others with mics. Now, any current MP game is sure to have a pile of people with mics that I've played with before.

I imagine you need to go through the same thing on the 360, weeding out the idiots and finding the good people. Same with PS3. Not particularly difficult, though perhaps daunting at first. But I rarely play any MP game (be it counterstrike, or battlefield, or borderlands) w/o everyone on my team on mics.

Meh,
I considered Kinect SW for a bit, but it just seems like it would be an ideal candidate for a Black Friday deal. I'll hold off an hope for a cheap, new copy.

....and I'm another one who didn't care for Crysis 2. Tried three times to get through it, and I just couldn't do it. I really wanted to like it, but it bored me to tears.
I guess at that price, why not give it a try? But damn, how many copies of this game do they have? It's ALWAYS on sale.

bah now i feel like a damned fool for buying Asura's Wrath for $18 on amazon. Game is totally worth it. $12.99 is a great price.

bread's done
Back