Disgaea D2 Announced! Direct sequel to Disgaea - 3/20/13 Japan

WormFOODx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
As reported on Anime News Network:

Game developer Nippon Ichi Software revealed the title of the newest Disgaea game, Disgaea D2 for the PlayStation 3 console, at the Dengeki 20th Anniversary festival on Saturday. Disgaea producer Shōgo Kosakai, Tomoe Hanba (voice of Etna), and Yuko Sasamoto (voice of Flonne) attended the event.

This new game celebrating the Disgaea series' 10th anniversary will feature Laharl as the main character, with Etna and Flonne at his side. Kosakai explained that because it was the 10th anniversary, the staff decided to return to the roots of the game and bring back Laharl as the main character, instead of introducing a new protagonist for a completely new Disgaea 5. The game, previously codenamed as "Project D," tells the continuation of Laharl's story after the events of the first game.
More information found on the article here: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...hi-software-announces-disgaea-d2-strategy-rpg

I'll just leave this as a wiki for more as it develops, because I'm sure you are all as excited as I am (or maybe not, lol!)

[youtube]9JF2xIm2nPA[/youtube]

http://disgaea.jp/d2/

Screens:
18bjqy.jpg

20dkcn.jpg

3m7jyd.jpg

4b4klj.jpg

5rlksf.jpg

62xk4z.jpg

7nkkzr.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgz4Pz18wzg

I'm hooked for a sequel. If only they'd bring back original Laharl, Etna and Flonne voice actors I'd be screaming like a little girl. Hearing Etna yell "Punk!" was easily the highlight of deploying her on every map.

Thank god. Laharl and friends absolutely made Disgaea 1. I never got more than a couple hours into 2 or 3 thanks to unappealing characters.

fuck yeah! I'm a huge fan of the first game(the other games were meh) so i'm glad to see the old cast back. :)

These games are so addicting :drool::drool:

I'm interested. Did not see it mentioned anywhere it would previous be put up for download full game share-able.

Currently trying to get disk copy free but may take awhile.

Meanwhile interested in the download one if that's coming out, I already got the temp free DLC for it.

So far i've ended up getting Disgaea 1/2 for ps3 classics(besides PSP & DS verison and orginal ps2) and got disgaea 3 with the DLC bundle gameshared with my buddy nakenui and Disgaea 3 PS vita even though i dont have a vita yet, and yesterday purchased 20$ in DLC for Disgaea 4 for the story related ones and gig for a 6th playthrough since i happened to get 20$ free that should of probably went to Disgaea D2.

Would be on here more but after 3 months of posting quite often never sold any of my other gameshares so i wasnt able to go further here last year.

Anybody get their copy yet? My art print is shrinkwrapped to the game case so its corners are kind of damaged. Is that how all the copies are?

(I ordered from Amazon BTW).

I skipped D4, but i like a lot of the changes

The ability to hold triangle and skip/speed up combat animations is HUGE

The monster mounts is also solid

That said very little has actually changed since the originals but im still having fun with it 

Skip/fast animations are in D4, and pretty sure in D3. PSP/DS remakes as well i think.

I think the only one without skip is the original, correct me i am mistaken.

Been playing this every night all week. I was cruising along when all of a sudden the 4th battle in Chapter 4 (what I think is the final one against the "singer") is brutally difficult compared to the ones before. So I've been spending the last 3 night in the Item World getting my characters and items leveled up. I'll probably breeze through that battle when I try it later tonight.

Question: How many different types are there for each character (like Red Mage, ? Mage, ? Mage, Star Mage)? I have unlocked 4 of a lot of them - is that it? I'd like to remake a few of my characters using the better versions but I want to be sure I have the final one first. And is there no way to promote them to that type? Do you have to "reincarnate" to do it?

Last edited by a moderator:
In the original there were 6 tiers to each class. You also had to keep your specialized mages to reach the ultimate spells (Tera Fire, Ice, etc) which I never did.

Been playing this every night all week. I was cruising along when all of a sudden the 4th battle in Chapter 4 (what I think is the final one against the "singer") is brutally difficult compared to the ones before. So I've been spending the last 3 night in the Item World getting my characters and items leveled up. I'll probably breeze through that battle when I try it later tonight.

Question: How many different types are there for each character (like Red Mage, ? Mage, ? Mage, Star Mage)? I have unlocked 4 of a lot of them - is that it? I'd like to remake a few of my characters using the better versions but I want to be sure I have the final one first. And is there no way to promote them to that type? Do you have to "reincarnate" to do it?
Use 2-6 to power level:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfLKH1gB6y8

Hah - I didn't know you could fuse monsters nor did I know what "Tower" was. I saw "No Tower" geo tiles but had no idea what that was talking about. I thought it was a Tower Shield or something like in Etrian Odyssey.

That method is a quick way to get from 40 to 100. Is there something to get from 1 to 40 quickly, though?

bread's done
Back