• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:03 AM

here we go. marvel is going for the less campy route

#32 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:19 AM

Hmm.........you know what I think? I think Tony gives up being Iron Man for Pepper, self destructs the suits and that's when the Ten Rings forces strike. He has one last suit left which he uses to survive the attack to make everyone think he died so he can come back to get revenge.

I am also thinking that that operating table scene was one where he was going to have the chest piece removed but decides to stop at the last second.

btw-is that happy hogan dying on the floor?

Edited by ITDEFX, 23 October 2012 - 11:32 AM.

#33 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:52 PM

Spider-Man 3
X-Men 3
Blade 3

...hope it's good, but not liking Marvel's track record here.

#34 vrs1650

vrs1650

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:02 PM

Spider-Man 3
X-Men 3
Blade 3

...hope it's good, but not liking Marvel's track record here.

Aww come on, no wait NVM none of those were very good. You are right I hope this breaks the trend.
[IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/%20http://live.xbox.com/member/vrs1650.jpg[/IMG]

Originally Posted by Nephlabobo [IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/disturbed/buttons/viewpost.gif[/IMG]
Yeah, but you're acting like I'm asking for unicorns and leprechauns to reenact "Two Girls One Cup".

#35 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

Venom aside, I actually enjoyed Spiderman 3. Douchebag Peter Parker were the best parts!

#36 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

So since the War Machine armor isn't featured, I'm guessing the Iron Patriot armor is basically the War Machine armor from IM2, just upgraded by the U.S. military. Possible that Rhodes is piloting it?
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#37 Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Keep Calm Chive On

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

Do you guys think the Iron Man suit grabbing Pepper while they sleep was a bad dream?

Check my YouTube channel for exotic cars: https://www.youtube.com/user/DKGarage

#38 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:59 PM

Yeah, looked like a dream sequence. Which begs the question, does Pepper dream of getting it on with Tony? :lol:
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#39 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

Pepper doesn't have to dream about getting it on with Tony according to the Avengers.

The Iron Patriot armor is pretty obviously going to be Rhodes / an upgrade of the War Machine armor. I mean, its possible Tony could wear it at some point, but I'd be surprised if Marvel decided "Nah we're not going to put Rhodes back in a suit."

It also seems like this is going to be Marvel's TDKR for Iron Man. I don't really see RDJ doing Iron Man 4 and 5 while we wait out Avengers 2 and possibly Avengers 3, especially if Marvel wants him in those Avengers sequels. I imagine it will take everything Tony's got to defeat Mandarin.
Spoiler
In the end, Tony will either have to slowly rebuild everything leading up to Avengers 2, or he'll call it "quits" until Avengers 2 rolls around and SHIELD begs Tony to come back.

#40 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

I still think ti was way too easy for Rhodes and the government to get that suit. In the comics he would have had some way over overriding control or self destructing it or something. Instead he just got his ass kicked and thought "Ah well, let him have it.".

#41 Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Keep Calm Chive On

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

he is Tony's best friend (even if they fought) from the gist I got was Rhody is the only one able to control the suit anyway

#42 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:39 PM

EPIC! Can't wait!

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#43 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

he is Tony's best friend (even if they fought) from the gist I got was Rhody is the only one able to control the suit anyway

Yeah and he knew what would happen with it as well. Still think it's bullshit. For a guy who seems to take security so seriously he let his friend run off with a very expensive high tech suit of armor, and just assumed he wouldn't hand it over to the government? It was the first thing Rhodes did with it for crying out loud. He could have shut it down, wiped the computer, something. Instead he just let the military have it basically.

#44 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

Yeah, looked like a dream sequence. Which begs the question, does Pepper dream of getting it on with Tony? :lol:

Pepper doesn't have to dream about getting it on with Tony according to the Avengers.

With or without the suit?

The Iron Patriot armor is pretty obviously going to be Rhodes / an upgrade of the War Machine armor. I mean, its possible Tony could wear it at some point, but I'd be surprised if Marvel decided "Nah we're not going to put Rhodes back in a suit."

It also seems like this is going to be Marvel's TDKR for Iron Man. I don't really see RDJ doing Iron Man 4 and 5 while we wait out Avengers 2 and possibly Avengers 3, especially if Marvel wants him in those Avengers sequels. I imagine it will take everything Tony's got to defeat Mandarin.

Spoiler
In the end, Tony will either have to slowly rebuild everything leading up to Avengers 2, or he'll call it "quits" until Avengers 2 rolls around and SHIELD begs Tony to come back.

I agree this feels like the ending to the Iron Man series. There is really no point for Tony to be Iron Man anymore after this movie... I really don't understand why they are introducing the Iron Patriot in this movie. It can't be the war machine upgraded to the IP. Unless the government/Stark thinks the war machine was too powerful to be in the possession of the government and wanted them to "down grade" it in order to keep it...thus IP is born.

I really wonder if with the destruction of his California home, will he move to the NYC Stark Tower? hmm... What of Jarvis and Happy?

The whole scene of him using "the force" to get his hand piece kinda bugs me. I really don't like the Extremis idea they are going at.

#45 Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Keep Calm Chive On

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

Why is Tony carrying his suit through the snow? like why does it stop working

#46 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

My impressions of the trailer:

-I really dig the Golden (mostly) suit a lot more than a should, given that I hate the color.

-Ben Kingsley as the Mandarin sounds fantastic. Had some really great dialogue in the trailer. Can't wait to see more.

-Gwen Paltrow. Don't need to explain that.

We're off to a good start and I am curious as to why
Spoiler

Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#47 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

Why is Tony carrying his suit through the snow? like why does it stop working

He appeared to either fall out of the sky or just be generally defeated in battle in the opening scene. The suit probably lost its external power capabilities separate from whatever Tony's chest arc reactor provides (if anything). Without that power, its probably super difficult to walk around in a metal suit that probably weighs a ton without those power systems to assist your movements.

#48 Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Keep Calm Chive On

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:09 PM

I wonder what they are going to make the Mandarians abilties in the movie

#49 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

I agree this feels like the ending to the Iron Man series. There is really no point for Tony to be Iron Man anymore after this movie... I really don't understand why they are introducing the Iron Patriot in this movie. It can't be the war machine upgraded to the IP. Unless the government/Stark thinks the war machine was too powerful to be in the possession of the government and wanted them to "down grade" it in order to keep it...thus IP is born.

I really wonder if with the destruction of his California home, will he move to the NYC Stark Tower? hmm... What of Jarvis and Happy?

The whole scene of him using "the force" to get his hand piece kinda bugs me. I really don't like the Extremis idea they are going at.

What makes you think the IP armor looks downgraded?

#50 Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Keep Calm Chive On

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:55 PM

I think it just looks new...example Master Chiefs armor from Halo 3 to Halo 4...Halo 4 is newer so they make it look nicer and upgraded even though he was just sleeping from the events of Halo 3

#51 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:04 PM

I wonder what they are going to make the Mandarians abilties in the movie

With his Rings, he can do almost anything. Think of his rings as like "baby" versions of the the gems in Thanos' Infinity Gauntlet.
Posted Image

#52 Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Keep Calm Chive On

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

With his Rings, he can do almost anything. Think of his rings as like "baby" versions of the the gems in Thanos' Infinity Gauntlet.

ehhh...

...I liked Iron Man because for the most part it tried to stay realistic compared to the other character movies

#53 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:33 PM

ehhh...

...I liked Iron Man because for the most part it tried to stay realistic compared to the other character movies

He's part of a bigger universe and you saw some of the more cosmic parts of that in Avengers/Thor/Cap. I think it's good they're finally going to be moving forward with introducing the more mystical and cosmic powers to the Iron Man films.

#54 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:41 PM

Yeah, once you introduce the element of space and mysticism (gods, mostly) into the bigger picture, there is no turning back.
Posted Image

#55 Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Keep Calm Chive On

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:19 AM

I just saw a screenshot of the same Iron Man suit that wakes up Pepper holding Tony on the ground

#56 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:47 AM

What makes you think the IP armor looks downgraded?

Looks slimmer and doesn't have the Gatling gun from the second movie.

Either that or the government has successfully replicated the Iron Man technology to produce an offshoot using the WM base model...but then again why hasn't Stark taken back his armor that was stolen ?

He appeared to either fall out of the sky or just be generally defeated in battle in the opening scene. The suit probably lost its external power capabilities separate from whatever Tony's chest arc reactor provides (if anything). Without that power, its probably super difficult to walk around in a metal suit that probably weighs a ton without those power systems to assist your movements.

Yes the Arc Reactor powers everything...i'm surprised that the amount of power he uses in battle doesn't affect the real purpose of it, to keep that shit out of heart.

oh btw why the hell are we spoil tagging the trailer?!?!?!

Also anyone noticed the date for April 2013? Has Marvel decided to break the start of the Summer geek fest by moving it to April instead of May?

#57 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:58 AM

IGN Speculates lol :rofl:

http://www.ign.com/w...d56656825000465

#58 Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Keep Calm Chive On

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:06 AM

April 2013 is fast...

...I am angry at how slow JJ Abrams is at making a Star Trek movie (no writers strike to blame this time)

#59 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:37 AM

A marvel movie where it seems like the hero is in actual peril!?!?!?!? :whee:

I've been interested in this movie since i heard shane black was directing

#60 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:41 AM

I doubt the 10 Rings and Mandarin will be in this like they are in the comic book. In fact all that speculation is pretty much debunked here:

In the comic books, The Mandarin was a Chinese exile who ventures into a remote, forbidden valley and discovers a crashed alien spaceship. Inside the ship are ten rings, each with a different power, which allow him to seek revenge on a world he considers unjust.

But this version of The Mandarin will not follow that same backstory, said Kevin Feige, the president of Marvel Studios. Don’t expect aliens, even though The Avengers and Thor opened up this unified cinematic world to the presence of extra-terrestrials.

Iron Man 3 will be more about a clash of technology, Feige says and those who have been paying close attention to the previous two films know that The Ten Rings is a term for the terrorist group that kidnapped Tony Stark in the first movie, and gave the villain Whiplash some assistance in the sequel.

In that way, The Mandarin (who for a time was going to be the main villain in the first film) has been a part of the Iron Man series from the beginning, albeit as the off-screen manipulator.

“A lot of this movie is about characters going back into the shadows for various reasons and characters who have been in the shadows coming out and into the light for the first time,” Feige says. “It is Tony who, for various reasons, finds himself receding into the darkness. I don’t mean emotional darkness, I mean literally ducking out of the spotlight. And we’ll see other characters stepping up who have pulled strings from the background, starting to show their hand.”

Kingsley is not, of course, Chinese, but Feige says they wanted to blur the background of this version of The Mandarin. “It’s less about his specific ethnicity than the symbolism of various cultures and iconography that he perverts for his own end,” Feige says. From his samurai hair, to his royal robe, to his bin Laden-esque beard, and the AK-47 he keeps at his side, Kingsley’s interpretation is a hodgepodge of various warrior motifs.

I'd wager the actual 10 rings we saw in the trailer are just decorative and symbolic of probably 10 terrorist organizations the Mandarin controls. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the organizations is Hydra and perhaps even another something Soviet to link to the Winter Solider for Captain America 2.