Iron Man 3: 5.2.13

• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#61 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:55 AM

Looks slimmer and doesn't have the Gatling gun from the second movie.

Either that or the government has successfully replicated the Iron Man technology to produce an offshoot using the WM base model...but then again why hasn't Stark taken back his armor that was stolen ?

Yes the Arc Reactor powers everything...i'm surprised that the amount of power he uses in battle doesn't affect the real purpose of it, to keep that shit out of heart.

oh btw why the hell are we spoil tagging the trailer?!?!?!

Also anyone noticed the date for April 2013? Has Marvel decided to break the start of the Summer geek fest by moving it to April instead of May?

It has something on it's back, if not a gatling gun then some other weapon.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#62 Jcaugustine

Jcaugustine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:55 AM

My impressions of the trailer:

-I really dig the Golden (mostly) suit a lot more than a should, given that I hate the color.

-Ben Kingsley as the Mandarin sounds fantastic. Had some really great dialogue in the trailer. Can't wait to see more.

-Gwen Paltrow. Don't need to explain that.

We're off to a good start and I am curious as to why

Spoiler

Posted Image

CaptAmericaEagle16f.gif

#63 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

Trailer looks pretty decent, I agree that it does seem like Marvel's version of TDKR

#64 Lonegunman718

Lonegunman718

the thing that goes bump in the night

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

i hope it doesnt shit the bed with out Favreau directing

GT: Lonegunman718

#65 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

i hope it doesnt shit the bed with out Favreau directing

Can't be worse than the IM2.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#66 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

Yeah. I think a new director was needed. I loved Iron Man, but I'm still not the biggest fan of Jon Favreau directing. He can be Happy Hogan all he wants, though.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#67 Lonegunman718

Lonegunman718

the thing that goes bump in the night

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:55 AM

i enjoyed both IM1/2 so i think i can be a lot worse. even the color ways of the suits and such im sure ill like it but doubtful it will be as good as 1/2

GT: Lonegunman718

#68 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

Based of the trailer and Shane Black directing I think it looks better than the first two.

#69 Angie7F

Angie7F

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

I love to see the Audi in the movie.

#70 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

New Poster for Iron Man 3. Pretty badass imo.

http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=29360

#71 Rasen

Rasen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

Yeah, sure why not: have a white guy play a Chinese person. Not the first time it's happened. I won't be able to take him any more seriously than I do of people who get tattoos of Chinese characters, that Donna Chang character from Seinfeld, or all of Kill Bill, but what the hey?

#72 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

Orange and blue.

Awesome and original.

#73 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

People who come to post hate on a fan thread

Awesome and original
Posted Image

#74 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

Yeah, sure why not: have a white guy play a Chinese person. Not the first time it's happened. I won't be able to take him any more seriously than I do of people who get tattoos of Chinese characters, that Donna Chang character from Seinfeld, or all of Kill Bill, but what the hey?

We don't even know if this incarnation of the mandarin is chinese(probably not).

#75 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

Ben Kingsley isn't white. He isn't asian by any stretch, but he certainly isn't white.

Also, not that big of a deal. Liam Neeson did amazing as Ra's in Batman despite not being the same race as the guy in the comics.

#76 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

People who come to post hate on a fan thread

Awesome and original

Don't get mad at me. I didn't make the poster.

#77 Rasen

Rasen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

We don't even know if this incarnation of the mandarin is chinese(probably not).

If they're going to be changing origin stories, then why not go whole hog and call him the Englishman? Or the Hindi?

#78 Rasen

Rasen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

Ben Kingsley isn't white. He isn't asian by any stretch, but he certainly isn't white.

Also, not that big of a deal. Liam Neeson did amazing as Ra's in Batman despite not being the same race as the guy in the comics.

Fair point.

Although I think my image of Ra's was affected by the Animated Series, which for whatever reason I remember as having an English accent.

#79 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

Then why not go whole hog and call him the Englishman? Or the Hindi?

Maybe because he was trained in China? I'm sure they'll figure something like that out.

Fair point.

Although I think my image of Ra's was affected by the Animated Series, which for whatever reason I remember as having an English accent.

Very true, Ra's has an English accent, but that's because he has learned many accents over the centuries and likely defaults to the accent of the civilization he spent the most time in (England and France) so he likely just began using a modernized form of the accent out of habit.

#80 Rasen

Rasen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

Maybe because he was trained in China? I'm sure they'll figure something like that out.

Looking back, maybe it'll be something like "his mother was Chinese royalty, and she was raped by British occupiers, and he decided to associate himself with her side of the family."

It's just that I get so pissed off everytime Hollywood decides to white-wash another Asian character. Like that movie 21. Or Dragon Ball. Or The Last AirBender.

Not that having Asian actors would make the movies any better, but COME ON. It's bad enough when they think all Asians look the same/and or Native American.

#81 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

I think they were just looking for a great actor with gravitas for the role, like Anthony Hopkins for Odin. Marvel would likely want a name actor for the role, so the only Asian people that would likely be cast are Jet Li and Jackie Chan.

Also, if they do decide to tie him in with the terrorists from the original film, then he would be closer to Arabic than Chinese.

#82 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

Meh, there's a long tradition of using western actors for originally asian roles. Don't like it, but I'm not surprised.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#83 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

Think of it less like Last Airbender and more like X-Men. Hugh Jackman is physically (aside from muscular) the opposite of Wolverine yet he nailed the part.

#84 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

I guess people forget that Mandarin is Asian because in the original origins (616 Universe) of Iron Man, it all happened in Vietnam.

However, and this is the key point to all of this inane argument, is that in the MCU (not the original 616 canon universe), it all happened in the middle east, so yeah, Ben Kingsley (or any number of any other actors) isn't a bad choice.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#85 Rasen

Rasen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:03 AM

I guess people forget that Mandarin is Asian because in the original origins (616 Universe) of Iron Man, it all happened in Vietnam.

However, and this is the key point to all of this inane argument, is that in the MCU (not the original 616 canon universe), it all happened in the middle east, so yeah, Ben Kingsley (or any number of any other actors) isn't a bad choice.

No one, at least not I, am questioning Ben Kingsley's acting chops. I'm questioning his playing a role called the Mandarin. And it would only detract from the character if he turns out to be a guy with an Asian fetish and that's his reason for dressing up in Chinese clothing and calling himself that. Like Yellow Fever, except dumber.

#86 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:59 AM

Just tell yourself that he really, really loves oranges.

#87 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:40 AM

Kingsley is at least partially Asian, his father being Indian, and I get that. But looking at the shots I have, he doesn't look Indian, he doesn't look to be from any west asia area either. With the style they've given him they definitely seem to be going for the more stereotypical east asian look. Which begs the question, they couldn't find a competent east asian actor? But like I said, Ben Kingsley is a name, a name they can put on a poster.

#88 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

shit I am more worried about the whole Suit in Tony's body concept than Kingsley portraying an asian.

#89 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

new trailer

hmmm

http://www.comingsoo...s.php?id=100858

#90 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:11 PM

what could Tony and Rodie be possibly fighting against that will require all those suits?