Iron Man 3: 5.2.13

• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#181 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

Forgot to mention, but someone earlier asked why nobody reconized Stark buying stuff at a Home Depot. I work at Home Depot. He was shopping at Lowes.

Ok whatever Lowes...Home Depot.... and where did he get the money to pay for all that stuff? Shouldn't his CC's be monitored for this kind of activity? Making the Mark I while being captured in first one was more believable than this.

#182 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:31 PM

You can probably forget about Marvel movies being very dark now that Disney owns them. I knew that eventually we'd begin seeing Disney's influence, and that's one way in which they've exerted control.

Now THAT explains one of the major plot points.

In regards to the Mandarin
Spoiler

Edited by dohdough, 04 May 2013 - 12:42 PM.

dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#183 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

So a few thoughts now that I've seen it.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#184 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

Watching it Thursday. Thought it was great. Definitely liked the twists and thought it was a great movie overall.

IM in order for me would be 1-3-2

#185 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

Now THAT explains one of the major plot points.

In regards to the Mandarin

Spoiler

How I saw the Mandarin (which I loved)
Spoiler

I think something that fans are missing here is that this isn't the Marvel 616 or Ultimate Universe, or hell, any comic book universe. This is the Marvel Cinematic Universe, something new and bold. Things will be different. They have to be in order for the films to evolve and succeed.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#186 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

I know I am going to get flak for this but TDK's Joker was a better Terrorist than Manderian/Killian.

#187 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

I know I am going to get flak for this but TDK's Joker was a better Terrorist than Manderian/Killian.

I disagree. Joker isnt a Liverpool fan. I think thats the team that scored the goal lol.

#188 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:48 PM

I don't know who would give you flak for that. You can't really compare the villains from the two movie trilogies since one is far superior than the other.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#189 niceguyshawne

niceguyshawne

Hardcore since '74

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:10 PM

Forgot to mention, but someone earlier asked why nobody reconized Stark buying stuff at a Home Depot. I work at Home Depot. He was shopping at Lowes.

Yeah, someone at Home Depot totally would have recognized him. Not like those tools at Lowes.
Posted Image

#190 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

They're totally different, and had different scopes. The Joker targeted only Gotham City, as Killian's target was the United States. In addition, they've always been totally different. Joker has always been small scale and every creation of the Mandarin has been large scale.
Posted Image

#191 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:30 PM

I think something that fans are missing here is that this isn't the Marvel 616 or Ultimate Universe, or hell, any comic book universe. This is the Marvel Cinematic Universe, something new and bold. Things will be different. They have to be in order for the films to evolve and succeed.

Bold in what way?

#192 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:56 PM

By changing shit up and going against the norm with characters, much like the Ultimate universe did by dramatically changing characters. Really, any universe outside the "canon" universe will be bold.
Posted Image

#193 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:03 PM

I agree, but aside from that I feel marvel is playing it safe with their movies.

#194 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:51 PM

Spoiler

#195 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

By changing shit up and going against the norm with characters, much like the Ultimate universe did by dramatically changing characters. Really, any universe outside the "canon" universe will be bold.

I agree. Wolverine was also pretty bold with the way they portrayed Deadpool.

Edited by whoknows, 04 May 2013 - 11:01 PM.

#196 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:41 PM

I agree. Wolvwerine was also pretty bold with the way they portrayed Deadpool.

I am still mixed about that upcoming movie as well.

#197 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:39 PM

I am still mixed about that upcoming movie as well.

I think its better to expect wolverine to be an entertaining movie, rather than an epic one. Otherwise, youd feel disapppointed.

I expected iron man 3 to be epic. Bad mistake.

I expected Dredd to be entertaining, and the movie turned out pretty darn deep. Its a really good movie

#198 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:45 PM

I think its better to expect wolverine to be an entertaining movie, rather than an epic one. Otherwise, youd feel disapppointed.

I expected Dredd to be entertaining, and the movie turned out pretty darn deep. Its a really good movie

I dunno. I think IM3 had some depth to it once you get past some of the filler. Maybe it's because I'm older, but I didn't really like the "epic" fights in IM2, where as IM's action scenes had some weight to it and were a lot more grounded.
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

#199 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:53 PM

I Think it's ANY company once they got basically what amounts to a billion dollar franchise. So I wouldn't put the blame squarely on Disney.

I would. Marvel has done plenty of dark stories in comics, and Warner Bros allowed the recent Batman films to be quite dark. This is a big budget Disney film in essence and they gotta keep it kid friendly. Which explains why a certain character is in the movie as well.;)
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#200 Jcaugustine

Jcaugustine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:54 PM

8 / 10

CaptAmericaEagle16f.gif

#201 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:54 PM

I don't know who would give you flak for that. You can't really compare the villains from the two movie trilogies since one is far superior than the other.

You don't have to be so hard on the Dark Knight Saga.

Note: While I liked Rises more than IM3, overall I like the IM trilogy more.

#202 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:55 PM

Spoiler

But I meant his end goal. Just to make a shitload of money and live like a rock star? Could do that without all the evil shit.

edit- Btw, did anyone else notice at the very beginning that little nod to the first film?
Spoiler

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#203 Jcaugustine

Jcaugustine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:55 PM

"How Captain America in AVENGERS gave the true meaning behind everything IRON MAN 3"

*Credit to Kobester*

Kind of spoilerish, but if you've seen the movie, read on!

Spoiler

Edited by Jcaugustine, 05 May 2013 - 05:10 AM.

CaptAmericaEagle16f.gif

#204 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:56 PM

I would. Marvel has done plenty of dark stories in comics, and Warner Bros allowed the recent Batman films to be quite dark. This is a big budget Disney film in essence and they gotta keep it kid friendly. Which explains why a certain character is in the movie as well.;)

I agree completely, but if I recall correctly, Pirates of the Caribbean wasn't exactly kid-friendly and lots of people died...especially for a Disney movie.
dohdough.png

#205 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:05 AM

I agree completely, but if I recall correctly, Pirates of the Caribbean wasn't exactly kid-friendly and lots of people died...especially for a Disney movie.

Oh... I thought it wasnt kid friendly because Keira Knightley made it hard for guys to sit straight in the theater.....

#206 Ratchet & CAG

Ratchet & CAG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:48 AM

"How Captain America in AVENGERS gave the true meaning behind everything IRON MAN 3"

*Credit to Kobester*

Spoiler

Wow thats a really great connection with the film!

Totally agree.

Makes so much sense. Throughout the movie Tony was trying to prove that he could do things without the armor which is why he went all Jason Bourne.

#207 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:54 AM

edit- Btw, did anyone else notice at the very beginning that little nod to the first film?

Spoiler

They also focused on the China-exclusive Dr. Whu

#208 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:26 AM

*Credit to Kobester*

Spoiler

Nice ideas, but I think you're putting meaning where there isn't any.

#209 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:36 AM

Nice ideas, but I think you're putting meaning where there isn't any.

Not exactly. That specific connection to Avengers is more coincidental, but that theme is the one that the movie was marketed as having since the beginning.
dohdough.png

#210 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:37 AM

Well the trailers made it look epic/dark and it made you think that the Manderian was going to be a real threat to Stark...