(Telltale) Walking Dead Collector's Edition - Gamestop Exclusive $69.99

• Please log in to reply
609 replies to this topic

#301 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

Got my Gamestop shipping notification. :)

#302 Downhome

Downhome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

I just got back from finishing up paying off my PS3 collector's edition.

#303 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

How's the replay value? Alternate endings?

#304 Downhome

Downhome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

Wow, look at the Giant Bomb review. Is it really THIS good?

http://www.giantbomb...-34205/reviews/

#305 gomikeoh

gomikeoh

I like turtles.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

Its a good romp. I would say its more of an interactive novel than anything else while giving the illusion that your choices have consequences.

Is it a game? I guess, but very light at that.
PC master race.

#306 Se7en69

Se7en69

Revolutionary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

It is if you liked Heavy Rain. Which I loved. If not, be prepared for story/character development rather than actual gameplay.

#307 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

There are plenty of store exclusive CEs that have dropped in price. Heck, Dead or Alive 5 CE was Gamestop exclusive and that dropped recently. While a store exclusive CE, especially on a hot IP has a good chance of not dropping in price, that doesn't mean it can't happen, especially on something like this where the content itself is only slightly different from the regular retail product. I personally think the popularity of the series and numerical limit on how many were produced will keep this at MSRP or above, but I also don't see this as something collectors are going to seek out down the road.

The regular DOA5 got a price drop, but the CE hasn't

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#308 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

Yes.
It also won Spike TV's VGA's Game of the Year.

#309 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

If anyone spots an unboxing video, could you post a link here? I don't want to open mine, but I'd like to see the stuff.

#310 Raccoon2117

Raccoon2117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

Any reason why the regular version is already showing as out of stock for Amazon and Newegg?

This wasn't a limited release game, right?

#311 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

Any reason why the regular version is already showing as out of stock for Amazon and Newegg?

Game comes out he 14. The website is probably not updated yet.

Edited by MrBoss, 11 December 2012 - 11:43 AM.

#312 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:15 AM

Yes.
It also won Spike TV's VGA's Game of the Year.

So did Madden NFL 2004 in 2003.

Pre-orders got pulled on amazon within the last 48 hours as I was thinking about it with the facebook $5 dollar promo. (vaniillna version)

needler420.png

#313 Downhome

Downhome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:17 AM

I think they just didn't anticipate the demand for it. It wasn't being sold by Amazon last night, but the PS3 version is back again. It's still in stock at GameStop also (regular versions). You can also buy it on BestBuy.com and they have it listed as a limited edition, although I'm fairly sure it just comes with a poster or something.

#314 karaethon

karaethon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:24 AM

So I have this pre-ordered for 360 at gamestop, but I don't think I really want it. Do you guys think I should not pick it up, or should I pick it up and resell?

#315 havuk

havuk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:09 AM

So I have this pre-ordered for 360 at gamestop, but I don't think I really want it. Do you guys think I should not pick it up, or should I pick it up and resell?

if you decide to pick it up and sell it shoot me a PM, I missed out on the pre order.

#316 wugenius

wugenius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:26 AM

The best buy near me said they are only getting 5 copies. I wonder if stores or the publisher really underestimated the demand of the vanilla version.

#317 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

This game was my GOTY for 2012.

KneeKnee.png

#318 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

The best buy near me said they are only getting 5 copies. I wonder if stores or the publisher really underestimated the demand of the vanilla version.

i think so, its a niche product. Plus, a majority of people who were interested got the season pass. I can see it never being reprinted, since its much cheaper to buy the season pass.

#319 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

i think so, its a niche product. Plus, a majority of people who were interested got the season pass. I can see it never being reprinted, since its much cheaper to buy the season pass.

I really regret not going ahead and pre-ordering the CE. :/

#320 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

Most of the Best Buys around me have the game available for in store pickup but it's no longer available for shipping.

#321 Downhome

Downhome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

Yeah, I just placed a quick order at my local Best Buy as soon as I saw that, and used a $5 rewards coupon on it as well. If any of you are interested in this game, even the regular version, I highly recommend picking it up today or at least ASAP. This could be gone quick, and who knows if they print more for something like this.

EDIT:

I just went back to see if I could do in store pick up again, and nope, not available anymore. I can add it to my cart for in store pick up, but unlike last time when It was listed as available for almost every store listed, it is now unavailable at every single store except for one (including the one I put my order in at). This applies for both the PS3 and 360 version. I tried it with the highest quantity allowed of 3 and then tried it with just 1, and I got the same results - unavailable at all but one store in my area now just a very short while after ordering mine and them being available at most stores.

Edited by Downhome, 11 December 2012 - 03:15 PM.

#322 The_cheapest_Daddy

The_cheapest_Daddy

(>••)>†

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

If anyone spots an unboxing video, could you post a link here? I don't want to open mine, but I'd like to see the stuff.

Damn, that book is HUGE!
6962.png
Currently playing
:3ds: Bravely default

#323 simmias

simmias

Don't believe his lies

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

Maybe slightly OT, but has anyone played this disc version for the 360 yet? Is it one of those annoying "disc is spinning the entire time despite the fact I installed it to my HDD" deals?

#324 grrouchie

grrouchie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

Looking forward to picking mine up this morning!
2013 Spending Tab

2013 Completed Games Tab

Follow me on twitter

Read my blog
That I update too often.

#325 bzchanboy

bzchanboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

Damn, that book is HUGE!

And that's just one of the two compendiums with a third to be rereleased!

I'll pick my copy up later today, I preordered last minute so I hope they have it in.

#326 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

48 hours is what they hold reservations for right?

#327 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

Can't wait to go pick mine up today :D

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Lightning Returns :xb1: Madden 25, Dead Rising 3

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, :360: & :xb1: Halo:Spartan Assault

#328 sesshoumarusama

sesshoumarusama

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

Got mine at opening. Store only had 2 preorders for each system. Everything came mint except the damn book. I have no idea but somehow the front cover got damaged.

#329 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

Well, just placed an order at BB.com since you guys were freaking with "OMG this might be rarez" Used a $25 RZ certificate that I had, otherwise I wouldn't have picked it up since I have the digital on the PS3. Grabbed the 360 version for an easy 1000k to the GS when I feel like going thru it again choosing all different options (something I had intended to do anyway)

Funny b/c I don't even know whats special about this BB LE other than the cover art (?) when I went back to click on the product from the search results, I got this white error page and message:
'An error (301 Moved Permanently) has occured in response to this request.'

Something definitely strange is going on with it..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#330 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

Well, just placed an order at BB.com since you guys were freaking with "OMG this might be rarez" Used a $25 RZ certificate that I had, otherwise I wouldn't have picked it up since I have the digital on the PS3. Grabbed the 360 version for an easy 1000k to the GS when I feel like going thru it again choosing all different options (something I had intended to do anyway)

Funny b/c I don't even know whats special about this BB LE other than the cover art (?) when I went back to click on the product from the search results, I got this white error page and message:
'An error (301 Moved Permanently) has occured in response to this request.'

Something definitely strange is going on with it..

By the way it is only 500 gamerscore. It isn't considered a retail 1000 since it was a download among the XBLA games.

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Lightning Returns :xb1: Madden 25, Dead Rising 3

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, :360: & :xb1: Halo:Spartan Assault