(Telltale) Walking Dead Collector's Edition - Gamestop Exclusive $69.99

• Please log in to reply
609 replies to this topic

#331 Downhome

Downhome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

Well, just placed an order at BB.com since you guys were freaking with "OMG this might be rarez" Used a $25 RZ certificate that I had, otherwise I wouldn't have picked it up since I have the digital on the PS3. Grabbed the 360 version for an easy 1000k to the GS when I feel like going thru it again choosing all different options (something I had intended to do anyway)

Funny b/c I don't even know whats special about this BB LE other than the cover art (?) when I went back to click on the product from the search results, I got this white error page and message:
'An error (301 Moved Permanently) has occured in response to this request.'

Something definitely strange is going on with it..

From the item description on BB.com...

Limited Edition includes a door poster to help you show off your fandom

In other words, nothing that special.

#332 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

^haha, finally was able to click thru and noticed that. Oh well.
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#333 silva

silva

Panocha Pounder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

Can't wait to go pick mine up today :D

It's sweeeeeet

Posted Image
Posted Image

#334 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

360 version is sold by Amazon again but temporarily OOS. PS3 version is in stock.

#335 wugenius

wugenius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

Picked up 2 vanillas, both as gifts since I have the downloaded version already. Best buy didn't even have them out, the guy had to go find it in the stockroom and commented on how they only got 3 copies.

Gamestop had my preorder available to pick up but same story, not many copies came in and most were for preorder.

I don't know why they didn't make many of the initial run. I mean, its a popular game. I can see this being reprinted though. (Regular edition I mean)

#336 Downhome

Downhome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

It's wacky how Amazon alters their trade in value all the time, but I guess it's automatic maybe? Just earlier today, as in an hour or two ago, they were offering $30 for the 360 version.

#337 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

I've only read one account of gameplay for the 360 version so far (on GameFaqs), and the guy said he's experiencing framerate issues and video skips when playing straight from the disc. He didn't install it to the HD, though.

Anyone pop theirs open yet?

#338 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

So if I already own Compendium 1 & 2 theres no real loss at not getting the limited edition outside of just different artwork on the cover? I mean the box would be cool but would probably be stored away. Just wondering if thats all thats so special for this collectors set.

#339 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

I've only read one account of gameplay for the 360 version so far (on GameFaqs), and the guy said he's experiencing framerate issues and video skips when playing straight from the disc. He didn't install it to the HD, though.

Anyone pop theirs open yet?

I had a couple of skips and frame rate issues on the X360 download version - and at least one complete freezes. It certainly didn't detract from the game overall though.

#340 simmias

simmias

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

Thanks Izod, good to know.

#341 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

my gs gutted all the vanilla copies :roll:
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#342 Downhome

Downhome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

I just picked up the CE from GS and the single "Limited Edition" version of the game from Best Buy. Excuse the awful pictures, I had to take them really quick in low light with my phone before running back to work. I find it interesting that there are essentially three different covers for the game now...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#343 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

Anyone experience choppiness with the PS3 version?

#344 irighti

irighti

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

dumb question, but does best buy sell the regular cover version as well?

I don't dig the limited edition one they are selling.

#345 Downhome

Downhome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

They barely got any copies in period. I'm not so sure they'll have the normal cover.

#346 simmias

simmias

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

Anyone experience choppiness with the PS3 version?

A number of people on GameFaqs are saying they're getting choppiness/freezing on the PS3 disc version, and someone else chimed in to say he never experienced that with the downloads.

Hmm, I think this is a wait and see for me.

#347 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

Just went into my local Best buy and they had 16 of the "limited editions" on the shelves for the PS3 alone. Didn't see a single 360 copy though. More were at the gaming counters.

This'll probably see a sale soon, but I picked it up at MSRP since everybody keeps saying it's great.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#348 Se7en69

Se7en69

Revolutionary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

I just picked up the CE from GS and the single "Limited Edition" version of the game from Best Buy. Excuse the awful pictures, I had to take them really quick in low light with my phone before running back to work. I find it interesting that there are essentially three different covers for the game now...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Saw your post at the other place. Wanted to say "Could you please post pictures of the Best Buy poster?" but since I only lurk over there, I figure to post this here. 8-)

#349 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:32 PM

So lucky to grab one at a local gamestop for the XBOX 360. Was REALLY happy! Then I got home and noticed the upper right corner of the slip cover is crushed. It has about 7-8 creases all along the upper right side =(. Really dissapointing considering its a collectors item.

#350 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

I go to pick my preorder up and she comes out with a ps3 version. I am like I thought I ordered a 360 version then she tries to tell me that it was a ps3 I am like oh hell no So I gotta go and try to find the reciept but it doesn't matter because nobody has any 360s left. I think the got me.

#351 simmias

simmias

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

Wow, 360 version doesn't even have an option to install to HD.

#352 SangesTheLurker

SangesTheLurker

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

So I have this pre-ordered for 360 at gamestop, but I don't think I really want it. Do you guys think I should not pick it up, or should I pick it up and resell?

I said it much earlier in the thread but it probably bears repeating: the size & weight of this thing is going to Fuck you on shipping costs... unless the demand drastically raises reselling value. I'm taking a guess here but I'm thinking it's going to cost $15-20+ to ship. Feelin' lucky... punk?

25u01gl.gif
I think I may have a problem...

#353 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

I said it much earlier in the thread but it probably bears repeating: the size & weight of this thing is going to Fuck you on shipping costs... unless the demand drastically raises reselling value. I'm taking a guess here but I'm thinking it's going to cost $15-20+ to ship. Feelin' lucky... punk?

It might fit in the USPS flat rate box

#354 sadunk

sadunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

It's a book so it'll qualify as Media Mail.

#355 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

Wow, 360 version doesn't even have an option to install to HD.

I thought all 360 games had install to HDD?? Seems they could have added one or two lines of code to ensure the disc was in.

#356 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

Picked up my 360 copy today. Glad I preordered it, I was the only one that did and the only copy that came in. Dude I normally deal with was jealous cause he missed the preorder window by a day, so was hoping I wouldn't come in and get it.

#357 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

It's a book so it'll qualify as Media Mail.

If you ship the book by itself then you can send it media mail.

You can't use media mail to ship video games unless you try to sneak it.

Which will kill the resale value.

Even if it fits in a flat rate box the price on those will cut into your profit,which it might not even fit.

So if I already own Compendium 1 & 2 theres no real loss at not getting the limited edition outside of just different artwork on the cover? I mean the box would be cool but would probably be stored away. Just wondering if thats all thats so special for this collectors set.

Same deal here. I already own the first compendium which is why I passed on this.

Id rather go out and buy the 2nd compendium.

All you get if you own the book already is a card board box with walking dead art.

I'm waiting for the vanilla disc version to hit $10 simple as that. If it doesn't hit that price I won't fret if I can't play it.

This collectors edition is good for people new to the walking dead like I said from the start. If your collecting the single comics like me for over a year now then there isn't much here for you.

needler420.png

#358 DanteWarrior

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

CE box is awesome. For me that & the special cover for game & compendium was totally worth extra bucks!
Compendium by itself is a big bonus here. I am sure it would have still sold out if they priced it at $100

#359 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:07 AM

CE box is awesome. For me that & the special cover for game & compendium was totally worth extra bucks!
Compendium by itself is a big bonus here. I am sure it would have still sold out if they priced it at $100

You realize you can buy the game for $30 New and the 1st compendium for $35? You can even get it cheaper if you wait for sales or price drops.

You would spend another $35 bucks to have a pretty box?

needler420.png

#360 Downhome

Downhome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:10 AM

I agree that it would have sold out at $100. They are routinely selling for at least $100 on eBay, and lots of them going for $150+.