(Telltale) Walking Dead Collector's Edition - Gamestop Exclusive $69.99

• Please log in to reply
609 replies to this topic

#361 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:16 AM

I agree that it would have sold out at $100. They are routinely selling for at least $100 on eBay, and lots of them going for $150+.

You realize a few imbeciles paying scalper prices doesn't represent a whole.

This practice is no different then any thing that sells out in pre-orders then it gets a scalper premium.

But you answered my question you prbably would be the one to pay $35 bucks more to have the cardboard box.

Which if you're a fanboy I can understand that if you're not a fanboy of walking dead you got your priorities wrong.

needler420.png

#362 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:17 AM

picked up my xbox ce today, i love it

#363 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

This practice is no different then any thing that sells out in pre-orders then it gets a scalper premium.

But you answered my question you prbably would be the one to pay $35 bucks more to have the cardboard box.

Which if you're a fanboy I can understand that if you're not a fanboy of walking dead you got your priorities wrong.

its more than the box, the compendium has a different coverart as well as the game, something as small detail as that is what adds the value to the item, that and the fact it was limited and its sold out now

#364 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:20 AM

Don't know why you are so confrontational about the guy just stating an opinion on it selling. Truth it, it probably still would have sold just as well for 100. The walking dead is a hot series right now, the game is doing great, and its a special edition. You just seem very snarky.

#365 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:26 AM

Don't know why you are so confrontational about the guy just stating an opinion on it selling. Truth it, it probably still would have sold just as well for 100. The walking dead is a hot series right now, the game is doing great, and its a special edition. You just seem very snarky.

Just sick of these flippers. It's always the samething with them look at me I payed $50 for it and I can ebay it for $100. Gets annoying day in and day out when it's the same thing.

Figure why not crush some of their hopes while I have a chance.

needler420.png

#366 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:33 AM

Just sick of these flippers. It's always the samething with them look at me I payed $50 for it and I can ebay it for $100. Gets annoying day in and day out when it's the same thing.

Figure why not crush some of their hopes while I have a chance.

I for one applaud you. Frankly, the only reason most of these collector's/limited/special editions go for anything above MSRP is because these flippers interfere with ordinary supply and demand. It really has gotten out of control and while there is nothing anyone can really do about it, I hate that CAGs or at least some CAGs seem to not only embrace flipping, but engage in it themselves. Flipping hurts the ability of all of us to get cheap games by causing premature sell-outs of stuff. I frankly wish the mods would automatically delete any post that mentions a flip or reselling. It does nothing to provide information to other CAGs and sparks speculation which leads to higher prices for the rest of us.

#367 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:37 AM

I thought all 360 games had install to HDD?? Seems they could have added one or two lines of code to ensure the disc was in.

Maybe slightly OT, but has anyone played this disc version for the 360 yet? Is it one of those annoying "disc is spinning the entire time despite the fact I installed it to my HDD" deals?

yuuuuuup

...any XBLA compilation to date has required you to play it directly from the disc with no true install option. That means loud spinning disc syndrome for the entire 12+ hours that you play.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#368 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:36 AM

I got episode 1-2 free with plus. Still need to play them.

#369 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:39 AM

by 'cheap games' do u mean 69.99 msrp?
just curious.
annnnnnnd
u do realize that the majority of flippers here are probably lurkers that don't even have accounts? if any one of us posts a deal, members/nonmembers can see it and then do as they see fit. i have ran into countless people in the wild who go on here for deals but don't post anything. they just call it slick deals for games. c'est la vie.
if u wanna be mad at anyone, be mad at hp. when they put the touchpad on firesale slickdeals was all over the news and introduced a whole new wave of deal hunters/flippers, many of which likely found their way from sd to here. being mad won't change things broseph, u just gotta beat em to the punch.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#370 Downhome

Downhome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:41 AM

It would have sold out at $100 just to the Walking Dead heads out there for the different covers, regardless if they are gamers or not. Walking Dead is a hot as fire property right now, and they will eat it all up. Just look at all of the completed eBay auctions when searching for "walking dead collector's"...

http://www.ebay.com/...r's&_sacat=1249

Just about every single one of the 150 search results sold, with few exceptions and many of those were because the seller stopped the auction themselves. Especially keep your eyes on the auctions that have started to be completed since the GS preorders were stopped, almost all sold. I think it goes without saying that this is an incredibly hot seller, and they could have upped the retail price and it still would have sold out. I have no dog in this fight, I have mine with no intention to sell it. I think it's a no brainer that this is a hot item, and the aftermarket prices for it will likely continue to rise, at least as long as The Walking Dead remains a hot property, and that may go on for years the way things are looking now.

#371 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:42 AM

Guys... Can I ask what is probably a dumb question?

if you're not after the CE, why would you buy A disc copy when its just cheaper on xbox live? Before I open this copy i got... seems it would only be 25$ on xbox live and well i got a bunch of 10$ target cards...

#372 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:43 AM

yuuuuuup

sounds like i made the right decision getting the ps3 version, freezes and all.

now playing:

#373 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:47 AM

if you're not after the CE, why would you buy A disc copy when its just cheaper on xbox live? Before I open this copy i got... seems it would only be 25$ on xbox live and well i got a bunch of 10$ target cards...

Cuz a majority of people like physical media over digital.

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#374 Downhome

Downhome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:49 AM

Or to save space on the HD perhaps?

And even with the regular game, the same thing I mentioned above applies - Walking Dead heads want all things having to do with the property right now, and a physical game with art is just one more thing to seek out. There is a reason why even the regular game is going for more than retail prices right now even though you can still buy it.

#375 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:50 AM

Thanks for input guys.

#376 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:53 AM

doesnt matter why we would do something, do what you think you should do.
its just a game, not a life changing decision.

also, if u beat it/bored with it u can resell the physical copy or trade it in. thats the boring answer to ur question haha

now playing:

#377 DanteWarrior

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

Yes I realize that, but I am still damn glad to have this CE :D
You missed the part where I said the special art & box was totally worth it for me

You realize you can buy the game for $30 New and the 1st compendium for $35? You can even get it cheaper if you wait for sales or price drops.

You would spend another $35 bucks to have a pretty box?

#378 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

Yes I realize that, but I am still damn glad to have this CE :D
You missed the part where I said the special art & box was totally worth it for me

Same here. I love the special art and box. Glad I pre-ordered this the day it was available at gamestop.

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#379 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:11 AM

I for one applaud you. Frankly, the only reason most of these collector's/limited/special editions go for anything above MSRP is because these flippers interfere with ordinary supply and demand. It really has gotten out of control and while there is nothing anyone can really do about it, I hate that CAGs or at least some CAGs seem to not only embrace flipping, but engage in it themselves. Flipping hurts the ability of all of us to get cheap games by causing premature sell-outs of stuff. I frankly wish the mods would automatically delete any post that mentions a flip or reselling. It does nothing to provide information to other CAGs and sparks speculation which leads to higher prices for the rest of us.

Anyone who collects anything does so because one day they think it will be worth something, and thus they qualify as a "flipper." There's nothing wrong with it. Do you get this angry when you pick up a price guide for old sports cards? :-({|=

#380 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

I like the choice of letting other people borrow it or I could sell it and I could use store discounts to get it cheaper. But I might just get it on Live since I have a bunch of points.

#381 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

not entirely true. i collect seashells because i like them; they aren't worth shit.

and i just put the disc into my ps3 and theres already an update lol. maybe it fixes the previously mentioned freezes

Anyone who collects anything does so because one day they think it will be worth something, and thus they qualify as a "flipper." There's nothing wrong with it. Do you get this angry when you pick up a price guide for old sports cards? :-({|=

now playing:

#382 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:18 AM

not entirely true. i collect seashells because i like them; they aren't worth shit.

technicalstylez sells seashells down by the seashore...

#383 DanteWarrior

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:19 AM

You made me spit my drink out

technicalstylez sells seashells down by the seashore...

#384 yobaburp

yobaburp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:20 AM

I have the whole season of the Walking Dead off of XBL played it and loved it. I bought the CE to flip for a profit. I grabbed a PS3 copy and XBOX 360 copy. I don't really know why people are bitching over someone trying to make a profit off of the CE. My thing is if you were too lazy or stupid to not preoder the CE not my freaking problem.

#385 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:23 AM

You're able to get the book separately right from else where?

#386 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:23 AM

yuuuuuup

But with those at least it gave you an option to install, even though it didn't do anything in reality. For this one the option's not even there. It's weird. And for me, it's a dealbreaker when I can pick the episodes up for $12.50 on XBLA (thank you, Target).

#387 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:25 AM

I have the whole season of the Walking Dead off of XBL played it and loved it. I bought the CE to flip for a profit. I grabbed a PS3 copy and XBOX 360 copy. I don't really know why people are bitching over someone trying to make a profit off of the CE. My thing is if you were too lazy or stupid to not preoder the CE not my freaking problem.

I have no problem with someone buying one or even two extra to sell later, if you got the money to do it, more power to you, as long as it is within reason and you are not buying out the stock. Some people here have a major case of the butthurts though, and wanna rage. Seems like a bunch of jealousy to me. Either way, I don't flip anything. If I buy two, its to keep one sealed for my collection.

#388 yobaburp

yobaburp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

But with those at least it gave you an option to install, even though it didn't do anything in reality. For this one the option's not even there. It's weird. And for me, it's a dealbreaker when I can pick the episodes up for $12.50 on XBLA (thank you, Target).

And than...

#389 red_devil32

red_devil32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

what is the chance of this go on sale anytime soon? I rarely ever pay MSRP for any game plus this is even cheaper on PSN so I need a good reason to justify paying original price for this.

#390 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:35 AM

because its a new game and its better than paying 60. oh, and it will encourage telltale to keep putting their games on ps3 disc- they put jurassic park on 360 disc only.. u being cheap would only encourage more of the same.
telltale is a small dev, help em out. save your frugality for EA, Activision, and Ubisoft.

ps im slightly biased because i know people that work there. but still. u have plenty of other games to cheap out on.

what is the chance of this go on sale anytime soon? I rarely ever pay MSRP for any game plus this is even cheaper on PSN so I need a good reason to justify paying original price for this.

now playing: