(Telltale) Walking Dead Collector's Edition - Gamestop Exclusive $69.99

• Please log in to reply
609 replies to this topic

#421 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

So those of you who are playing the game already, can you confirm any of the issues with the disc version? I keep hearing that the xbox 360 version wont let you play episode 2 after completing episode 1.

I'm not sure if you mean the disc only version. But this is simply not the case with the download version.

#422 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

You guys know the CE is back in stock online for both consoles right?

http://www.gamestop....s-edition/10617

http://www.gamestop....-edition/106177

Don't forget to apply coupon code SAVER for free shipping

Edited by WhatsYoFlava, 12 December 2012 - 05:13 PM.

#423 wugenius

wugenius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

I'm not sure if you mean the disc only version. But this is simply not the case with the download version.

Yeah I mean the retail physical disc version. I played through the digital version already and only had two issues.
1) Glitch in episode 3 where the game world clipped and made lee walk around in a weird void then froze.
2) When I downloaded episode 5, I hit play and it took me back to episode 1. As soon as I saw that I quickly powered my xbox off to avoid a new save and rebooted it and it worked after that.

I keep hearing the disc has framerate and stutters (which the digital version had as well), but supposedly its so bad that you can't do any action events in time. Also that the disc version wont let you continue past episode 1. This is what people are saying so who knows.

#424 Multibeaster79

Multibeaster79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

You guys know the CE is back in stock online for both consoles right?

http://www.gamestop....-edition/106178

Beat me to it. Was just about to post this. Good luck with getting them shipped to your house in mint condition...

#425 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

Be interesting to see how quickly these sell out. I honestly feel the only thing this set has going for it is how limited it is (isnt it?). If your a walking dead fan you should already own the compendium and that is pretty much the only collectible item in this package.

#426 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

I was just about to post both platforms were back in stock. Grabbed a :ps3: copy. Seems, at least in my area, there were less preorders than :360:

#427 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

Beat me to it. Was just about to post this. Good luck with getting them shipped to your house in mint condition...

GS is notorious for shipping out damaged CE games or something?

Maybe I should just pay $10 for one day shipping and not risk it on Value shipping?

#428 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

I ordered the Witcher 2 Dark Edition from them and it came just fine and that is a similar shape. Although it was stuck in an oversized box with NO padding. So I kinda feel I got lucky. If you REALLY wanted this set itd be worth it to risk unless you want to pay the $150 on eBay.

#429 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

Honestly, the retail version of this game looks like a disaster from what I'm reading on other forums, at least on the 360 side of things.

Edit: looks like the PS3 version is having some bad glitches, too.

#430 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

If it comes all damaged I'll just return it to the store - no harm no foul.

#431 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

so something interesting happened, i went in to pick up my CE after doing a few trade ins to pay it off, and then they told me the CE i preordered was for the xbox even though i preordered it for the PS3.

So the guy said he was just going to have the ps3 CE shipped to me and sold me a standard copy to play for now to make up for the screw up.

The kicker is that I will be able to return the standard copy for a full refund once i receive the CE in the mail, so yea, not a bad day.

#432 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

so something interesting happened, i went in to pick up my CE after doing a few trade ins to pay it off, and then they told me the CE i preordered was for the xbox even though i preordered it for the PS3.

So the guy said he was just going to have the ps3 CE shipped to me and sold me a standard copy to play for now to make up for the screw up.

The kicker is that I will be able to return the standard copy for a full refund once i receive the CE in the mail, so yea, not a bad day.

Hopefully you got that in writing. ;)

#433 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

Glad this came back in stock. Was able to order a PS3 version. Thanks for calling this out!

#434 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

Lmao at preorders only. Also, SAVER does NOT work with this. I refuse to pay $10 above MSRP because GS wants to charge for shipping. Looks like I'll still be calling stores on Friday looking for a non picked up preorder.

#435 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

Hopefully you got that in writing. ;)

o yea definitely, he wrote it on my receipt and in some book and i've seen him there for years so if some guy gives me trouble ill just look up the cashier on my receipt and ask for him

it should also be dated in the book as 12/12/12 so it's kinda hard to miss that

#436 mikkoxB

mikkoxB

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

Lmao at preorders only. Also, SAVER does NOT work with this. I refuse to pay $10 above MSRP because GS wants to charge for shipping. Looks like I'll still be calling stores on Friday looking for a non picked up preorder.

They still offer "value" shipping which is free

#437 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

These were preorder only, just because they have some in stock doesnt mean TellTale just quickly made more and sent them out. Its been 24 hours since the games been released, all preorder copies that could not be processed or were cancelled are now available through the site. Once these are gone that will be it. This happens EVERY time a Collectors Edition is released, the next couple of days it will pop back up on the site and then its gone.

#438 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

I just called a local Gamestop and they had 1 Xbox 360 CE that wasn't preordered and said he would hold it for me today. Looks like Ill be heading their after work today :)

#439 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

I'm returning this thing now. Playing the PS3 version and just finished the first episode, but I can't even pick dialogue options a good amount of the time, because of the skipping.

There were a few of the QTE that I nearly messed up as well, because the screen wouldn't even load.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#440 wugenius

wugenius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

I'm returning this thing now. Playing the PS3 version and just finished the first episode, but I can't even pick dialogue options a good amount of the time, because of the skipping.

There were a few of the QTE that I nearly messed up as well, because the screen wouldn't even load.

Damn. Might have to return the 2 copies I bought and get MS points as gifts so they can download the game instead. Heard the 360 version has the same issues.

#441 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

can't they just patch all these issues? I had glitches with the digital version on PS3 on episode 3 when I exited the train one time and clipped thru the bottom of the world. Exited the game and restarted, resumed just fine. But these problems you guys are talking about make it sound unbearable. Can't believe TT would just let it live like this..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#442 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

They're going to have to patch them. If you read the forums at Telltale it sounds like nobody has been able to get the disc version working correctly, between having to spam a button through the stuttering hoping to pass a QTE or people not being able to continue to the next chapter.

#443 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

can't they just patch all these issues? I had glitches with the digital version on PS3 on episode 3 when I exited the train one time and clipped thru the bottom of the world. Exited the game and restarted, resumed just fine. But these problems you guys are talking about make it sound unbearable. Can't believe TT would just let it live like this..

Have you played jurassic park. That was a pile....

#444 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

Have you played jurassic park. That was a pile....

LOL, I did, and do you mean a pile b/c of the game itself or glitches? didn't experience any glitches, but man did I lose interest in the game fast!
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#445 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

I bet those people saying it would sell out if it were $100 dollars feel pretty stupid right now.

I'm kind of happy I didn't even get the vanilla version based on what I hear now. By the time they patch the problems the game will go on sale.

Spike should have not gave GOTY to a game that is only digital. Not in till a physical version was released as not everyone has a internet connection.

needler420.png

#446 gameupboy84

gameupboy84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

So its best to download the game for 360 users instead buying the retail version?

#447 Downhome

Downhome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

I bet those people saying it would sell out if it were $100 dollars feel pretty stupid right now.

Why would we?

The eBay auctions are still selling for over $100, and even if they drop the price will go back up once it's OOS at GS once again.

The only way that would change is if they majorly overproduced the set afterall and there ends up being a ton of them on the market. I don't expect that, but I certainly wouldn't feel stupid about it. If it's limited to any sort of small number, it'll be a $100 seller for quite some time, especially once the current GS stock is depleted.

#448 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

I'm kind of happy I didn't even get the vanilla version based on what I hear now. By the time they patch the problems the game will go on sale.

Spike should have not gave GOTY to a game that is only digital. Not in till a physical version was released as not everyone has a internet connection.

Don't be stupid. Gamestop sold out of their preorder allotment prior to release.

Anything that went back on sale today is either A) Cancelled orders B) Orders that didn't go through due to payment problems C) Reserve stock D) Returns

It boggles me that long standing members on a video game thread will say "LOL It's not rare/limited" because it came back in stock the day before, of or after release.

This happens with EVERY LE/CE from Diablo 3 to Darksiders 2 to Skward Sword you name it.

I would much rather see this happen the a company OVERSELLING its allotment and leaving customers out to dry---even if it means the ignorant chime in with something like:

LOL @ BEING LIMITEDZZZZ

#449 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

Meh, semantics on being GOTY while only digital.

The experience it gives is fantastic regardless of only having a digital distribution at the time. The time of people not having some form of internet is hastily drawing to a close. More people have some form of internet over even having a landline these days. We'll eventually be completely digital whether we like it or not.

In any case, the retail release was already known and announced. Thats existing.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#450 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

The both CEs are in stock NOW!

GO GO GO!!!

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|