• Please log in to reply
609 replies to this topic

#451 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

Why would we?

The eBay auctions are still selling for over $100, and even if they drop the price will go back up once it's OOS at GS once again.

The only way that would change is if they majorly overproduced the set afterall and there ends up being a ton of them on the market. I don't expect that, but I certainly wouldn't feel stupid about it. If it's limited to any sort of small number, it'll be a $100 seller for quite some time, especially once the current GS stock is depleted.

You realize you're talking about scapler prices. Which is whatever someone is willing to pay for something.

I'm talking about retail MSRP.

eBAY is a horrible example to use. People on ebay will pay $9,000 dollars to play a COD game a few days before street date,do those imbeciles represent a whole?

My statment is based on the game in general and how the disc version is broke on release. The game is almost unplayable for $70 dollars why would you want to pay $30 more for a game that still needs to be patched?

I can understand hardcore collectors might but you're talking two different kinds of groups one that wants to collect and one that just wants to play the game and have the bonus swag.

needler420.png

#452 Downhome

Downhome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

needler420, I have no clue what your point is.

I originally said that it would have sold out at $100 from GS and it would have. If people who were late to the party, only recently discovered it, or people who don't realize it's back at GS are paying well over $100 for it on the aftermarket, of course it would have sold out for less than what they're willing to pay now. The Walking Dead fans alone would have scooped them up, especially since it was said this is likely limited. It sold out before at a lower price, and it's still selling now even on the aftermarket and at double the price.

People would pay more because of the property and the possible limited numbers. And like I said, if it turns out that it wasn't limited and GS floods the market with them, everything I have said is pointless. I'm going on what we know now.

#453 takotchi

takotchi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

I'm disappointed that, even with the delays it still has major bugs. I don't understand why, for the PS3 version at least, they didn't just make it one of those downloadable games on a disc, where you just install the whole package onto the hard drive and insert the disc to verify ownership.

#454 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

needler420, I have no clue what your point is.

I originally said that it would have sold out at $100 from GS and it would have. If people who were late to the party, only recently discovered it, or people who don't realize it's back at GS are paying well over $100 for it on the aftermarket, of course it would have sold out for less than what they're willing to pay now. The Walking Dead fans alone would have scooped them up, especially since it was said this is likely limited. It sold out before at a lower price, and it's still selling now even on the aftermarket and at double the price.

People would pay more because of the property and the possible limited numbers. And like I said, if it turns out that it wasn't limited and GS floods the market with them, everything I have said is pointless. I'm going on what we know now.

You remind me of all the Wii U flippers and their failed hypothesis.

They see some jackarse on ebay making a profit so they buy a few to flip and low and behold the system is back in stock online and locally and now someone else looks like the jackarse having to return multiple systems.

I did the same thing with Wii and had friends do it with PS3 so I can't say I'm innocent.

I'm disappointed that, even with the delays it still has major bugs. I don't understand why, for the PS3 version at least, they didn't just make it one of those downloadable games on a disc, where you just install the whole package onto the hard drive and insert the disc to verify ownership.

Modern gen gaming and western developers love releasing broken games. Seriously they love it. They care more about deadlines then if something is broken.

needler420.png

#455 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

Can anyone send a few links to other complaints about the game? I just want to see all the different problems people are having.

#456 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

Can anyone send a few links to other complaints about the game? I just want to see all the different problems people are having.

http://www.gamefaqs....series/64882460
http://www.gamefaqs....series/64897101

Just read around the walking dead message boards on gamefaqs you'll see what all the fuss is about.

needler420.png

#457 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

needler: why are you still trying to rage against someone just pointing out that even 30 bucks more would have still sold the initial run? You seem to be acting like you have some serious vendetta against Downhome for pointing this out.

#458 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

needler: why are you still trying to rage against someone just pointing out that even 30 bucks more would have still sold the initial run? You seem to be acting like you have some serious vendetta against Downhome for pointing this out.

Probably based on the fact I'm pointing out why it wouldn't have sold for $30 more at MSRP.

If this game was $30 more msrp after hearing about the needed patch, it would be much like the MGSR CE and probably have a thread rated at one star instead of two and get bashed even more.

needler420.png

#459 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

http://www.telltaleg...isplay.php?f=83

Apparently they've already released a patch to fix the problem with advancing chapters, but they don't know why people are having the awful stuttering/freezing issues.

#460 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

Damn. Placed my order early this morning with value shipping and they already sent it.

#461 haruky

haruky

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

Woo hoo! I just got a copy of the CE! Hopefully it comes w/o any damage to the outer box.

#462 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

I decided to order one of the CE's now that I finally got GS free shipping to work. I couldn't decide which console because both are apparently buggy, waiting for patches. So I chose PS3 because I don't want an eco case.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#463 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

http://www.telltaleg...isplay.php?f=84

#464 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

You guys know the CE is back in stock online for both consoles right?

http://www.gamestop....s-edition/10617

http://www.gamestop....-edition/106177

Don't forget to apply coupon code SAVER for free shipping

They're back in stock? They claimed right on the page that this was a pre-order only item. They just flat out lied? I think this is my last pre-order with Gamestop. What a shitty company. I'll either try to sell my collector's edition on eBay before prices drop, or return it to Gamstop. This is no longer a "collector's edition" in my mind. Not with excess copies floating around and no one wanting them. If only these scumbags stuck to what they claimed, this would have been a decent collector's edition, but they just scammed everyone. Why couldn't Amazon get this? They wouldn't have ripped everyone off like this...

#465 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:15 AM

They're back in stock? They claimed right on the page that this was a pre-order only item. They just flat out lied? I think this is my last pre-order with Gamestop. What a shitty company. I'll either try to sell my collector's edition on eBay before prices drop, or return it to Gamstop. This is no longer a "collector's edition" in my mind. Not with excess copies floating around and no one wanting them. If only these scumbags stuck to what they claimed, this would have been a decent collector's edition, but they just scammed everyone. Why couldn't Amazon get this? They wouldn't have ripped everyone off like this...

:applause::bow::rofl:

needler420.png

#466 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:20 AM

Anything that went back on sale today is either A) Cancelled orders B) Orders that didn't go through due to payment problems C) Reserve stock D) Returns

If that were the case, they wouldn't still be on sale. What, did five thousand people cancel? There's clearly no demand anymore, aside from on eBay, where all the idiots go. I hope one of those idiots buys my copy, because I sure as hell don't want it anymore. I'll never pre-order from Gamestop again, and I sure as hell won't support this developer again.

#467 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:23 AM

Every CE comes back in stock the week it comes out on GS.com. They will be OOS within a couple of days again. Even D3 and Bordlerands Loot chest came back in stock.

#468 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:24 AM

If that were the case, they wouldn't still be on sale. What, did five thousand people cancel? There's clearly no demand anymore, aside from on eBay, where all the idiots go. I hope one of those idiots buys my copy, because I sure as hell don't want it anymore. I'll never pre-order from Gamestop again, and I sure as hell won't support this developer again.

See ya in the next preorder thread when you talk about how you're excited to get a game from gamestop :D

#469 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:37 AM

See ya in the next preorder thread when you talk about how you're excited to get a game from gamestop :D

This is the first "collector's edition" I've ever ordered from Gamestop, and I only did so because it was exclusive, and due to the fact that they claimed it was "Extremely Limited Pre-Order ONLY." That second part they completely removed from the page. Trust me, if it hadn't been for that second part, I wouldn't have ordered. All my pre-ordered go to Amazon. The first time I put my trust in Gamestop, and I get ripped off, go figure...

I'll just go back to using them for cheap bulk used game orders, because buying individually on eBay and whatnot costs too much, and gohastings is absolutely terrible for used games and whatnot ($35 dollars shipping for two small $2 PS3 accessories LOL!!!).

Anyway, I hope I'm wrong, but I'm sure I'm not. If it's still in stock tomorrow, I'll try and dig myself out of this hole by passing my copying onto someone on eBay at a slightly inflated price, to cover the $70, and shipping.

#470 gamingdroid

gamingdroid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:44 AM

So which version is better, the Xbox 360 or PS3?

Trying to decide which version to get. Leaning towards the Xbox 360 cause I use that more, but any compelling reason to get the PS3 version instead?

#471 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:45 AM

This is the first "collector's edition" I've ever ordered from Gamestop, and I only did so because it was exclusive, and due to the fact that they claimed it was "Extremely Limited Pre-Order ONLY." That second part they completely removed from the page. Trust me, if it hadn't been for that second part, I wouldn't have ordered. All my pre-ordered go to Amazon. The first time I put my trust in Gamestop, and I get ripped off, go figure...

I'll just go back to using them for cheap bulk used game orders, because buying individually on eBay and whatnot costs too much, and gohastings is absolutely terrible for used games and whatnot ($35 dollars shipping for two small $2 PS3 accessories LOL!!!).

Anyway, I hope I'm wrong, but I'm sure I'm not. If it's still in stock tomorrow, I'll try and dig myself out of this hole by passing my copying onto someone on eBay at a slightly inflated price, to cover the $70, and shipping.

GameStop didn't just decide to say "extremely limited, preorders only". Telltale had that on their site. I assume what GS has available is denied credit cards and late cancelled orders.

People said the same shit about all three Portal guns when Amazon randomly would have 15 or 20 in stock again after the initial sellout. This type of thing happens. It's ok.

#472 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:50 AM

GameStop didn't just decide to say "extremely limited, preorders only". Telltale had that on their site. I assume what GS has available is denied credit cards and late cancelled orders.

People said the same shit about all three Portal guns when Amazon randomly would have 15 or 20 in stock again after the initial sellout. This type of thing happens. It's ok.

Exactly, it was never listed as "preorder only". Someone misread either a line that telltale said, or someone second hand said it. Nothing preorder wise from gamestop has ever just been flat out advertised as "preorder only" when it comes to the actual retail game, only DLC and promo items are listed as that.

#473 B:L

B:L

twitch.tv/BLbeel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:54 AM

Trying to decide which version to get. Leaning towards the Xbox 360 cause I use that more, but any compelling reason to get the PS3 version instead?

Apparently both console versions have nasty issues that need patching.

Unfortunately that means I would recommend the PS3 version due to its speedy and cheap patch approval process whereas Microsoft takes forever to release expensive patches.

#474 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:55 AM

There's about 600 copies of the Xbox 360 version left on the website :lol:

#475 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:58 AM

their last disc release -jurassic park- was 360 only. i bought ps3 version to encourage them to keep releasing physical versions for both platforms.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#476 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:01 AM

For those out there complaining that this isn't so limited or what have you, this thing is so popular and the buzz has been enormous, love it or hate against it this is what it is, a LE of a game that is surrounded by so much talk that even here it's at 24+ pages. What other LE has had it's own thread with this much talk??? And if u ain't down with that, us that don't give a damn what ppl think have 2 words for u!!!! Lol

#477 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:02 AM

Exactly, it was never listed as "preorder only". Someone misread either a line that telltale said, or someone second hand said it. Nothing preorder wise from gamestop has ever just been flat out advertised as "preorder only" when it comes to the actual retail game, only DLC and promo items are listed as that.

I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true. Gamestop had "Extremely Limited Pre-Order ONLY" posted on their page, exactly as I have it written. They removed it, but it's still in google history.

http://www.google.co...chrome&ie=UTF-8

That's why I'm pissed off. They just removed it from the page, as if it never happened. They just flat out lied when they put it there, to entice people to buy. That claim of pre-orders only is what pushed me to make the purchase. That's the kind of bullshit some scammer on eBay pulls, I wouldn't expect it from a large company like Gamestop.

#478 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:07 AM

There's about 600 copies of the Xbox 360 version left on the website :lol:

600? Yeah, there's no way someone's going to convince me that that many people canceled, or were unable to pay.

#479 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:08 AM

For those out there complaining that this isn't so limited or what have you, this thing is so popular and the buzz has been enormous, love it or hate against it this is what it is, a LE of a game that is surrounded by so much talk that even here it's at 24+ pages. What other LE has had it's own thread with this much talk??? And if u ain't down with that, us that don't give a damn what ppl think have 2 words for u!!!! Lol

You realize the thread rating is at two stars. How many pages a thread is means nothing. Those amazon gold box deal threads go for dozens of pages and it's all posts about people bashing it.

Look at the MGSR CE it got bashed in till a one star rating. It's dozens of pages as well but it's all posts about how the bonus items don't justify the price.

needler420.png

#480 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR- suplexrepeat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:09 AM

I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true. Gamestop had "Extremely Limited Pre-Order ONLY" posted on their page, exactly as I have it written. They removed it, but it's still in google history.

http://www.google.co...chrome&ie=UTF-8

That's why I'm pissed off. They just removed it from the page, as if it never happened. They just flat out lied when they put it there, to entice people to buy. That claim of pre-orders only is what pushed me to make the purchase. That's the kind of bullshit some scammer on eBay pulls, I wouldn't expect it from a large company like Gamestop.

Jesus christ, it's ONE DAY after launch. Maybe the reason it doesn't say "preorder only" anymore is because you can't preorder it since it has been released. derpderp

uc.png