(Telltale) Walking Dead Collector's Edition - Gamestop Exclusive $69.99

• Please log in to reply
609 replies to this topic

#481 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:09 AM

So which version is better, the Xbox 360 or PS3?

Trying to decide which version to get. Leaning towards the Xbox 360 cause I use that more, but any compelling reason to get the PS3 version instead?

360 digital copy.

#482 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:11 AM

them selling opened/handled/used/resealed games as "new" should have been your first clue.

I wouldn't expect it from a large company like Gamestop.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#483 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:13 AM

There's about 600 copies of the Xbox 360 version left on the website :lol:

How can you check? When I try the quantity trick, I just get a message saying there's a limit of 2 per order.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#484 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

them selling opened/handled/used/resealed games as "new" should have been your first clue.

Ever since I paid 59.99 +tax for LBP GOTY and it was gutted. Pulled the game from a paper sleeve in a drawer.

I learned my lesson that day about 2 years ago now.

All gamestop is good for is exclusive content and b2g1 used if your in store and can see the condition. Ordering used online is a roll of the dice.

needler420.png

#485 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Is it me or does it seem like the flippers are extremely cranky about this whole thing.

#486 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:14 AM

everyone is cranky in general.

now playing:

#487 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:16 AM

Is it me or does it seem like the flippers are extremely cranky about this whole thing.

It's not so much the flippers. It's the buyers as well. At first they were excited because it sold out in pre-orders and now there seems to be hundreds of copies in stock. On top of that the game is almost unplayable compared to the digital version.

I'm not even a flipper or a owner of the game. I was about to pre-order a vanilla version the other day with my amazon facebook promo credit and glad I didn't.

I kind of went with the new product motto. Let a new product hit the market and see what people say.

A lot of people on here are collectors and will keep it sealed so they are butthurt about a potential monetary gain. The ones that just got it to read the comic and play the game aren't so much butthurt.

needler420.png

#488 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:24 AM

Jesus christ, it's ONE DAY after launch. Maybe the reason it doesn't say "preorder only" anymore is because you can't preorder it since it has been released. derpderp

"Extremely Limited Pre-Order ONLY" and "available for purchase after release" mean to very different things. ;)

They had no right advertising it as such, if they did not intend to stick to it. That's called false advertising, and false advertising is illegal. Taking a passive approach to the situation does not help anyone. You may not mind being ripped off, but I do.

This is the same company that sells opened games as new. Don't defend them, you're not in the right here.

#489 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

lol this reminds me of the 'preorder only' dragon age 2 signature edition,
and we all know how that turned out. sorry peter but u shouldve known better.

now playing:

#490 DanteWarrior

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:30 AM

Got it for my collection & still pretty damn happy about it!!
The box is simply awesome. Would have paid 50 bucks just for it with that sweet slipcover.
To think I got stuff inside it for extra 20 bucks is a great deal for me.
And yes, more copies may have popped up at GS but that doesn't mean it will still be available for anyone to buy retail in a few weeks.
Its a great collectors item - Period.

#491 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:33 AM

haha i can see why Peter is mad. He and another guy were basically calling people idiot for not ordering these things because it's extremely collectible.

I think this collector edition is worth its price even before you take into account the collectibility factor. I mean the game is $30 by itself and compendium is $35 regularly. So at $70 is a good deal.

#492 Confidance

Confidance

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:54 AM

"Extremely Limited Pre-Order ONLY" and "available for purchase after release" mean to very different things. ;)

They had no right advertising it as such, if they did not intend to stick to it. That's called false advertising, and false advertising is illegal. Taking a passive approach to the situation does not help anyone. You may not mind being ripped off, but I do.

This is the same company that sells opened games as new. Don't defend them, you're not in the right here.

wtf do you want them to do? Keep every game behind the counter and the walls empty?

People steal, so why, from a business aspect, leave sealed games on the floor?

#493 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

haha i can see why Peter is mad. He and another guy were basically calling people idiot for not ordering these things because it's extremely collectible.

I think this collector edition is worth its price even before you take into account the collectibility factor. I mean the game is $30 by itself and compendium is $35 regularly. So at $70 is a good deal.

That's basically probably where the price came from.

Aside from different cover art on the book and the cardboard box there is no difference. If you have neither then it's a great option. If you already have the book then your better off just buying the vanilla version of the game.

It's like I said from the start it's good for new people getting into the walking dead comics. Most people who were interested in the comics or walking dead in general already read them before the TV show and game.
A lot of new people are still jumping on the bandwagon though because walking dead is really hot right now and hyped up.

I been getting the single comics for almost a year now and even have a comic signed by Charlie Adlard.

needler420.png

#494 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:58 AM

wtf do you want them to do? Keep every game behind the counter and the walls empty?

You realize you don't have to keep the actual game on public shelfs.

You can just advertise the game and keep it locked in the back.

Or you know do what other business do and lock them behind glass.

Because their stores get stuff stolen from is not an excuse to sell new games as gutted. It's not the consumer fault they get stuff stolen from them.

I can't believe you would defend gamestop on the policy of selling gutted games as new.

needler420.png

#495 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:04 AM

I just bought the season pass so started playing ep 1 this mrning

#496 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:09 AM

a multi gagillion dollar company like gs could easily keep a display case w/ color photocopied artwork on the floor. they are just cheap. even black and white photocopy is fine and they are too cheap for that yet big lots can do it (in before gs has way more games than bl). even better they can do what they used to do and use 1 case for the display with both new/used sticker price on it and u tell the cashier which one u want. that way they can use a used game for display and keep sealed in the back. its really not that hard

now playing:

#497 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:10 AM

ps, frys and best buy leave sealed games on the floor. bb has theft detection alarm devices set up at the entrance. gs could do that, they just don't want to- because then they couldn't sell you used games as new.

now playing:

#498 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:20 AM

Chill out people. Telltale told GS it was preorder only.

http://www.ign.com/a...-bundle-details

What was GS supposed to do? Throw away extra printed copies so it could be moar rarez?

#499 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:23 AM

Got it for my collection & still pretty damn happy about it!!
The box is simply awesome. Would have paid 50 bucks just for it with that sweet slipcover.
To think I got stuff inside it for extra 20 bucks is a great deal for me.
And yes, more copies may have popped up at GS but that doesn't mean it will still be available for anyone to buy retail in a few weeks.
Its a great collectors item - Period.

^This This THIS!

I'm very happy with my purchase just for my collection. And walking out with a free movie was icing on the cake. I'm still not a fan of Gamestop, but I was a happy customer that night.

#500 red_devil32

red_devil32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:23 AM

i returned my vanilla copy of this. Even bestbuy still have a bunch of limited edition, there is no way this thing will be sold out like people thought earlier. Waiting for it to hit $15-20 then

#501 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:25 AM

a multi gagillion dollar company like gs could easily keep a display case w/ color photocopied artwork on the floor. they are just cheap. even black and white photocopy is fine and they are too cheap for that yet big lots can do it (in before gs has way more games than bl). even better they can do what they used to do and use 1 case for the display with both new/used sticker price on it and u tell the cashier which one u want. that way they can use a used game for display and keep sealed in the back. its really not that hard

Exactly. He acts as if Gamestop is the be-all and end-all game retailer, so the way they do things is obviously the right way. Gamestop is a fairly new company. There have been Game retailers for a long time, and they never did this, so how someone can suddenly deem it acceptable, "because it's Gamestop," is dumbfounding.

What's also dumbfounding is the way Gamestop is seemingly allowed to falsely advertise a product. That is completely illegal. You could not do that, and I couldn't, yet large corporations can. They exist because of us, and should abide by ours wants and desires. But hey, the vast majority want to be passive and accept it, while a small percentage actively defend their actions. That's just pathetic.

Hey, maybe I'll open up my "collector's edition," take the comics out, and sell the set without the comics on eBay as new, and claim it was available only through pre-order. Following through on your claims, as we've learned, is not the important part here. The only important part is making the sale, by whatever means. Hey, maybe what's-his-name can purchase it from me. I'm sure he'd be content.

#502 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:11 AM

Gamestop has no problem honoring contracts from strategy guide publishers. Most stores destroy guides when they penny per the contract.

Strat. guide publishers have no such contracts. Books all are returnable to the vendor and book publishers almost never do a destroy in field. Pennying guides is only from either a crappy Operations team, a store that doesn't know the book industry, or a reaction to a title going OP/OSI and missing return date (usually you have time to return after the OP date). Even those "limited edition" start guides have no weird stipulations on them - they are just generally small print runs.

#503 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:17 AM

To whoever was nerd raging over "preorder only" - print runs have to be set well before preorder periods end, and preorders spike dramatically the two weeks before a release. As such the print run was probably set for expected projections based on preorder trends at the time and comp. title history. That projection would have to be an over projection to ensure all preorders are met. Throw all that together with cancellations and companies looking to make profit - and yes there will be more than preordered...

#504 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:24 AM

How can you check? When I try the quantity trick, I just get a message saying there's a limit of 2 per order.

Quantity trick works on 360. Doesn't work on PS3 for some reason.

#505 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:35 AM

To whoever was nerd raging over "preorder only" - print runs have to be set well before preorder periods end, and preorders spike dramatically the two weeks before a release. As such the print run was probably set for expected projections based on preorder trends at the time and comp. title history. That projection would have to be an over projection to ensure all preorders are met. Throw all that together with cancellations and companies looking to make profit - and yes there will be more than preordered...

That's all irrelevant, as they falsely advertised the item, and false advertising is illegal. They purposely falsely advertised to entice more people to buy it. Simple as that. End point.

#506 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:37 AM

That's all irrelevant, as they falsely advertised the item, and false advertising is illegal. They purposely falsely advertised to entice more people to buy it. Simple as that. End point.

And there's the "false advertising" guy :lol:

Threads like these aren't complete without one

#507 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:57 AM

Meh, semantics on being GOTY while only digital.

The experience it gives is fantastic regardless of only having a digital distribution at the time. The time of people not having some form of internet is hastily drawing to a close. More people have some form of internet over even having a landline these days. We'll eventually be completely digital whether we like it or not.

In any case, the retail release was already known and announced. Thats existing.

I'm guessing you live on one of the coasts as there's plenty of areas in the Midwest that still don't have access to normal broadband Internet. What access they have is either satellite or a 4G receiver through their cell provider that has a 3-5 GB monthly cap.

#508 haruky

haruky

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:58 AM

Why is everyone so butthurt in this thread..?

#509 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:01 AM

Strat. guide publishers have no such contracts. Books all are returnable to the vendor and book publishers almost never do a destroy in field. Pennying guides is only from either a crappy Operations team, a store that doesn't know the book industry, or a reaction to a title going OP/OSI and missing return date (usually you have time to return after the OP date). Even those "limited edition" start guides have no weird stipulations on them - they are just generally small print runs.

Sorry but your wrong. GameStop does penny guides and PC games and destroy them per their agreements with various publishers. Just check the penny guide thread on how some CAG's are able to get the guides before they are destroyed.

#510 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:03 AM

Why is everyone so butthurt in this thread..?

Because this supposedly rare and overpriced LE is not back in stock at GS. Thus the people who preordered early feel a bit burned.

Where have you been?

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay