(Telltale) Walking Dead Collector's Edition - Gamestop Exclusive $69.99

• Please log in to reply
609 replies to this topic

#541 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

Wait... so wasn't the digital release of this game better on the 360 than the PS3? Is it the opposite with the physical release?

PS3 version was best of the digital versions. Telltale is weird like that, their games always seem to work better on PS3.

#542 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

Wait... so wasn't the digital release of this game better on the 360 than the PS3? Is it the opposite with the physical release?

The chatter a few pages back is that the PS3 [retail] version was the one with most of the problems. Like I mentioned, I've had a few skips and pauses on 360, but nothing to the point where it affected a QTE or dialouge situation.

#543 sfabo

sfabo

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

For me (on 360), there’s slight issues that don’t take away from the ‘game’, but rather the ‘experience’. Sometimes you get really involved into the story, or the moment, and then it gets ruined by a small freeze or loading. It has never ruined a QTE or decision making or anything for me. I would say it’s far from unplayable (can’t speak for the ps3 version). You’ll never die or be unable to make decisions because of the technical issues; but you may find yourself getting pulled out of the story every once in awhile when it takes a second to load during a cinematic or something.

I would recommend keeping your copy and playing it though. It’s a very good game still with an incredible story, and I say this as a person who isn’t a fan of point and click games at all. It's very far from "unplayable"

Thanks for the reply..
I already bought Ep1 and I was just waiting for the physical release.
But I'll probably just return my copy and wait till the xmas digital (unfortunately) sale.

#544 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

PS3 version was best of the digital versions. Telltale is weird like that, their games always seem to work better on PS3.

The chatter a few pages back is that the PS3 [retail] version was the one with most of the problems. Like I mentioned, I've had a few skips and pauses on 360, but nothing to the point where it affected a QTE or dialouge situation.

So... the digital release is better on the PS3 while the physical release is better on the 360. Weird indeed.

I read about issues with the original releases, I was hoping they'd have those fixed for the physical release.

Currently playing:

:3ds: Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds - :) 
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#545 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

No one will. People will miss deals because of him.

Why was he banned?

#546 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:24 AM

I came back here to hear about disc problems/issues/resolutions.

I was about to leave after being slapped in the face by giant bags of dicks spewing tears of flipper sorrow and "LE lies".

and now I'm just sad:

<IATCG is>Perma banned

R.I.P.:
IamTheCheapestGamer
CaptainKirk
FireThief
http://www.cheapassg...5Vikh4jR2Z//9k=

Edited by Kerig, 14 December 2012 - 05:46 AM.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#547 haruky

haruky

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:42 AM

Why was he banned?

Why did this happen!!!!!!!!!!!

#548 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:55 AM

IATCG is among us. I have a few guesses but don't want to get anyone in trouble. haha

#549 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:23 AM

It's back in stock on gamestop.com, both versions.
Game Grabs! www.youtube.com/storino03

Posted Image

#550 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:51 AM

Hai guise bait and switch.

#551 Chargersfan57

Chargersfan57

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:13 AM

I'm not sure how accurate the numbers are on Gamestop's website but it now says there are 394 360 CEs. I wonder how many of the PS3 version are left...

#552 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:31 AM

I came back here to hear about disc problems/issues/resolutions.

I was about to leave after being slapped in the face by giant bags of dicks spewing tears of flipper sorrow and "LE lies".

and now I'm just sad:

R.I.P.:
IamTheCheapestGamer
CaptainKirk
FireThief
http://www.cheapassg...5Vikh4jR2Z//9k=

:-# No.....

"If she'll learn to play a video game. Keep her!" :D

Updated Infinity disc trade list ---> http://www.cheapassg...scs/?p=11116024

#553 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

IATCG is among us. I have a few guesses but don't want to get anyone in trouble. haha

Nope. He is too busy flying choppers through buildings in GTA IV and when not doing that he is out flipping HDMI Cables and chasing kids of his grandparents lawn.

#554 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

Exactly. He acts as if Gamestop is the be-all and end-all game retailer, so the way they do things is obviously the right way. Gamestop is a fairly new company. There have been Game retailers for a long time, and they never did this, so how someone can suddenly deem it acceptable, "because it's Gamestop," is dumbfounding.

Fairly new? GS's been around for about 20 years, actually 30 if you count before the name change. That hardly qualifies as "fairly new"
Posted Image

#555 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

really?? 20-30 years?? man i feel old. i hate gamestop, but i absolutely loved electronics boutique. software etc was cool too though mine was way too dark and full of neon lights.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#556 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

I remember back in the day in the mall in south FL they were called Babbage's. I still have Nintendo plushies I bought there while they were under that name. They changed it to gamestop since.

needler420.png

#557 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

Fairly new? GS's been around for about 20 years, actually 30 if you count before the name change. That hardly qualifies as "fairly new"

Oh no, you got me! I guess that one six word line [that I just threw in for the hell of it] discredits and nullifies my point entirely! :applause:

Seriously, why are you trying to start something?

#558 Olympus

Olympus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

Went to Gamestop last night... there were about 4 360 copies and 2 PS3 copies. I asked if they were preorders that no one picked up... he said no, we got about 5 or so of each of them in addition to the preorders.

So much for this being "limited." These will still be available to buy at Gamestops everywhere several months from now, probably marked down to $30 (if they don't all get gutted).

#559 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

Oh no, you got me! I guess that one six word line [that I just threw in for the hell of it] discredits and nullifies my point entirely! :applause:

Seriously, why are you trying to start something?

No need to get overly sensitive. Just clarifying that GS is not a new company by any means
Posted Image

#560 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

Ebay has a few PS3 versions listed, not one single person is bidding on them. I love it!!!

I still ordered one of these sets. Shipped today. Glad I ordered regardless of the qty and rarity .

#561 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

It really is getting harder to tell what is limited. Kingdom Hearts 3DS CE wasn't advertised as limited. Yet it was basically preorder only, with no re-print. Then other times, things will be advertised almost only on how limited they are. Then reprint a week later. It gets confusing and annoying.

#562 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

hahah you KNOW he's here. He'll show his hand eventually though. People can't help themselves.

Any talk of HDMI cables to him is like mentioning pepsi products to other people. :lol:

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#563 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

Went to Gamestop last night... there were about 4 360 copies and 2 PS3 copies. I asked if they were preorders that no one picked up... he said no, we got about 5 or so of each of them in addition to the preorders.

So much for this being "limited." These will still be available to buy at Gamestops everywhere several months from now, probably marked down to $30 (if they don't all get gutted).

These no longer qualify as limited, in my book, however, they won't be available in a few months. They'll be gone in a week, if the numbers on the website are right. It has lost it's value as a collectible to me, though. They wouldn't drop to that price though, unless you're suggesting the compendium and game will both drop significantly in price, as well. They'd have to drop to bargain bin prices before this "step up" edition (which includes those two exact items, plus the so-called collectible art) dropped to that. Its price would depend on their prices. Why would they undercut those items, when it's the exact same thing, in a box? But, since this is Gamestop, they probably would be stripped from the box. Actually, that's what these assholes should have done to begin with.

Honestly though, I sold mine already, so I don't give a shit anymore. Now I can just laugh at the ones who bought multiple copies, and watch as they lose money on eBay...

#564 jam8611

jam8611

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:34 AM

There's only 50 of the xbox 360 CE left!

#565 ZiggyGod

ZiggyGod

Aspiring Hero

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:35 AM

I bought and played this game month by month since day one. I am so happy this game is getting all the GOTY nominations and awards that it is.
Visualize my mind... :whee:
:3ds: Friend Code: 4811-6958-3162 Ziggy
618684.png

#566 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:44 AM

I bought and played this game month by month since day one. I am so happy this game is getting all the GOTY nominations and awards that it is.

Well I picked up my PS3 CE preorder today.... it had been opened and resealed.

I know it's Saturday but I called my Gamestop on Tuesday to tell them I wouldn't be able to get it until Saturday and they assured me they would hold my preorder.

It had been opened and then resealed with those clear circle stickers. I'm not sure why---as when they went to get the preorder they went to the back room. It wasn't as if they opened it to put on display.

I'm guessing one of the employees was a Walking Dead fan and wanted to skim the contents. I picked it up anyways as it was already paid off in GS credit... but now I'm not sure what to do.

I haven't opened it to inspect the contents; are the individual game and compendium sealed?

I should probably go back to that gamestop before I open it to inspect---I'm just afraid the comic book has been thumbed through.

#567 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:51 AM

hahah you KNOW he's here. He'll show his hand eventually though. People can't help themselves.

Any talk of HDMI cables to him is like mentioning pepsi products to other people. :lol:

Haha, well said

#568 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:57 AM

I haven't opened it to inspect the contents; are the individual game and compendium sealed?

The game is sealed. The compendium is not sealed.

I'm pretty sure they opened it and thumbed through it with their grubby fingers.

#569 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:00 AM

For those wondering, the CE comes sealed in plastic (the outer box). I ordered mine from the gamestop website.
Game Grabs! www.youtube.com/storino03

Posted Image

#570 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:22 AM

For those wondering, the CE comes sealed in plastic (the outer box). I ordered mine from the gamestop website.

Yeah I know the outer box is supposed to be sealed (mine wasn't). It had those stupid clear circle stickers attaching the sleeve to the physical box.

I'd like to know the condition of the compendium so I think I'll go back to that gamestop and open it in front of an employee. I'm afraid if I cut the gamestop seals (despite it already having been opened once) they won't let me return it if the compendium shows obvious wear.