• Please log in to reply
609 replies to this topic

#121 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:31 AM

What makes this limited? The box?

This is really what makes this release tricky. Aside from the alternate cover art (that I don't really like anymore than the regular cover), it doesn't actually have anything exclusive included.

It'll definitely (defiantly) be limited in quantity, but who is really willing to pay more down the line for two items packaged together that can be bought separately for cheaper than the MSRP of this to begin with?

Regular edition cover art, for reference and oooh:

Posted Image

Sure, the box set is more authentic TWD comic cover style, but this cover really epitomizes the game's entire feel. Unless you let her die in the 2nd episode...

...but I have no idea if that's possible or not :) (only played the 1st so far)

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#122 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:40 AM

This is really what makes this release tricky. Aside from the alternate cover art (that I don't really like anymore than the regular cover), it doesn't actually have anything exclusive included.

It'll definitely (defiantly) be limited in quantity, but who is really willing to pay more down the line for two items packaged together that can be bought separately for cheaper than the MSRP of this to begin with?

Posted Image

Sure, the box set is more authentic TWD comic cover style, but this cover really epitomizes the game's entire feel. Unless you let her die in the 2nd episode...

yeah yeah so I make a habit of misspelling definitely :)

This is an easy purchae or me because it's niche and nice to have but they really should have thrown in something, anything, to make it stand out on its own.

#123 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:51 AM

Can someone tell me if the omnibus collector's hardcover (4 x $60 = $240) are worth that much more than the hardcovers (8 x $20 = $160) and over the compendium (2 x $35 = $70)?

Are the book sizes in amazon accurate?

compendium 6.6 x 1.9 x 10.2 inches
hardcover 7.8 x 0.8 x 11.3 inches
omnibus 7 x 1.9 x 10 inches

Considering 1 x compendium = 4 x hardcover = 2 x omnibus

Assuming the hardcovers (front & back) are about 1/4 inch, can I assume that the paper quality in the hardcover is only slight better than that in the compendium, but the omnibus seems to be a fair bit better than the hardcover?

Does the omnibus have extra content over the hardcover? What about the hardcover compared to the compendium?

Thanks!!

Conpendiums don't include the original cover art for each issue but the omnibus does. I'm not sure about the books or volumes though (volumes have even less issues covered than the books).

#124 usrevenge

usrevenge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:03 AM

meh, the game wasn't as good as people claim, its basically a point and click adventure game. it's not bad for the price, I'l probably get the retail release if it hits rock bottom price but tbh thats it.

#125 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:08 AM

Telltale has always done some good point and click stuff. I think I'll pick this up.

#126 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:11 AM

meh, the game wasn't as good as people claim, its basically a point and click adventure game. it's not bad for the price, I'l probably get the retail release if it hits rock bottom price but tbh thats it.

What were you expecting from Telltale?

#127 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:14 AM

If your invested in the universe (comics not TV) then this is amazing game/story

Edited by joshnorm, 23 October 2012 - 03:25 AM.

#128 Wompdevil

Wompdevil

Noob 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:17 AM

If your invested in the universe (comics not TV) then this is amazing game/story

Quoted for truth!

523546.png

#129 ponn01

ponn01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:35 AM

I'd just like to say: To all the haters who bad-mouthed a HUGE zombie fan for waiting to save money for a retail disc of The Walking Dead episode collection and actually save money (because this is Cheap Ass Gamer after all, not dumb-ass gamer for buying every episode digitally): I told ya so! :)

Looks like I'll be picking up this! Completing the game, and reselling it afterward! Have fun with the digital copies!

I fail to see how your gloating adds up? I paid 19.99 for the season pass and got a free dynamic theme and picked up my compendium months ago when it was on sale for 29.99. I paid a total of $50 for both, have been enjoying the shit out of the game and have spread the greatness of WD to others by loaning out my compendium. You are going to pick this up for $70 and try to resell a $30 game for, I will give you $20 tops resell value coming out at $50, same as i've spend except I still have my digital copy to replay over and over again because its that fucking good. It really is just like rewatching a tv series or rereading the comics.

So your gloating makes no sense to me.

#130 menikmati

menikmati

Isolation, self-damnation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:46 AM

The Compendium usually goes for around $30-35 on Amazon, a great read nonetheless.

#131 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:44 AM

And thats bad because.....?

I thought that was the APPEAL of it. That it was a point and click adventure for the modern age done right. THeres a lot of people that miss those old style of games

Anyway. As a HUGE walking dead fan from back before it blew up with the TV series and all that stuff I gotta say... this is a very unimpressive collectors edition. More than DOUBLE the price of the stand alone game and all you get is the crappy compendium? Wouldn't real fans already have the trade paperbacks, or the hardcover collectors editions of these? I know I do. I want it for the neat cover art but if it really just has the compendium i dont need and the game and thats it then i really dont think i can justify getting it. Is it at least a steelbook? Doesn't look like it

They should have included a cool limited edition zombie figure or something

^_^x KD
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#132 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:55 AM

Can someone tell me if the omnibus collector's hardcover (4 x $60 = $240) are worth that much more than the hardcovers (8 x $20 = $160) and over the compendium (2 x $35 = $70)?

Are the book sizes in amazon accurate?

compendium 6.6 x 1.9 x 10.2 inches
hardcover 7.8 x 0.8 x 11.3 inches
omnibus 7 x 1.9 x 10 inches

Spoiler

In case anyone cares, the compendium is scaled slightly smaller than the original comic size. The softcover volumes are actual size. I believe the hardcover is slightly oversized. This is in terms of the panel sizes.

#133 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:38 AM

In case anyone cares, the compendium is scaled slightly smaller than the original comic size. The softcover volumes are actual size. I believe the hardcover is slightly oversized. This is in terms of the panel sizes.

This is correct. I just put the hardcover pages under a regular monthly issue and the Hardcover pages were slightly bigger

^_^x KD
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#134 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:47 AM

The Compendium is the size of a standard TPB/comic book. So unless the comics don't have a slight border, then the pages should be the exact same size. I have the compendium and single issues as well as TPBs to compare it to. I don't have any Walking Dead single issues though.

The hardcovers are the standard oversized trim for the comic industry.

#135 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:10 AM

Posted Image

This cover owns the ce i do not like at all.

#136 Lonegunman718

Lonegunman718

the thing that goes bump in the night

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

i chose to wait so i can play them all at once. being a rabid TWD fan waiting months between stories would have drove me mad. i barely make it month to month with the comics.:bouncy:

i do agree they dropped the ball, listing the box everything comes in as its some big bonus is sad. the compendium with new cover is the main reason im buying for me its worth the $70. if they did a figure or something else it would have been a homerun this just seams lazy. can't wait to dive into the game.

Extremely Limited Pre-Order ONLY
Collector's Edition box
Game Case
Game Disc
The Walking Dead Compendium 1 featuring exclusive Charlie Adlard cover art. Over 1,000 pages collecting the first 48 issues of Robert Kirkman's award-winning comic book series.

p.s thanks OP i might have missed this

GT: Lonegunman718

#137 TeamSwish

TeamSwish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

Just preordered. Xmas present to myself.
Posted Image

#138 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

I'm on the fence. I already have the compendium and have been buying the episodes digitally. There is nothing really new to this set to justify the price.

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#139 yobaburp

yobaburp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:40 AM

http://www.ebay.com/...d=330814998305

#140 Multibeaster79

Multibeaster79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:48 AM

Ordered this. I have omnibus 1/2 and 4 on preorder. 3 is oop and fetching WAaaaay too much. I'll wait for a new printing...

#141 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:10 AM

http://www.ebay.com/...d=330814998305

That's for a nice hardcover edition. This is paperback. A more apt comparison would be http://www.amazon.co...dead compendium
Posted Image

#142 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:12 AM

That's for a nice hardcover edition. This is paperback. A more apt comparison would be http://www.amazon.co...dead compendium

Was just going to point that out. Also, that version is out of print, not the same at all.

#143 mcthatch

mcthatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:30 AM

Lies...if you love stories, tension, characters and making choices that feel like they matter, and zombies, you'll love this game.

#144 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:05 AM

This is correct. I just put the hardcover pages under a regular monthly issue and the Hardcover pages were slightly bigger

^_^x KD

The Compendium is the size of a standard TPB/comic book. So unless the comics don't have a slight border, then the pages should be the exact same size. I have the compendium and single issues as well as TPBs to compare it to. I don't have any Walking Dead single issues though.

The hardcovers are the standard oversized trim for the comic industry.

IDK, I'm either right or wrong. :D If I remember correctly the compendium was smaller than the collected softcover volumes. I remember reading through the volumes, then switching to the compendium to finish the story and remembering the panels being slightly smaller.

#145 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:22 AM

IDK, I'm either right or wrong. :D If I remember correctly the compendium was smaller than the collected softcover volumes. I remember reading through the volumes, then switching to the compendium to finish the story and remembering the panels being slightly smaller.

The first quote is only comparing the HCs to the the single issues. There's no question the HCs are oversized.

But the paper size of the Compendium is the exact same as the single issues and the TPBs. The only way the panels are smaller is if the publisher, for some reason, shrunk them despite using the exact same paper size, which would be incredibly strange.

#146 Lonegunman718

Lonegunman718

the thing that goes bump in the night

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

yeah this should have something extra like a cool statue of Lee Everett and Clementine and i would jump.

GT: Lonegunman718

#147 sandman8288

sandman8288

DealMaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

This is seriously the best game to come out in a long time. Light years ahead of everyone else when it comes to storytelling and character development. I actually cared what happened to the characters in this game, and that hasn't happened very often before. The collector's edition looks pretty sweet, but having already bought the game digitally on XBOX Live, I don't think I can justify the purchase. I do plan on buying a copy of the regular edition just to support the game though.

#148 veronesepk

veronesepk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

Anybody else think this will be super limited? Gamestop has cut off instore pickup, and the compendium weighs a little over 5 lbs on its own. I could see a lot of these being damaged in transit.

#149 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

People who buy something like this must have money to burn. Send some of it my way please.

#150 BetaDemo

BetaDemo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

Wake me up from the sleep of the dead once this is spotted at $20.
Posted Image