(Telltale) Walking Dead Collector's Edition - Gamestop Exclusive $69.99

• Please log in to reply
609 replies to this topic

#151 usrevenge

usrevenge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

honestly don't like the game, I mean it's kinda interesting but at the same time... meh, it's sorta like one of those books where you pick what happens next.. isn't the game as a whole $15? then this is $70? kind of a stretch.

#152 Reraise

Reraise

No Sale, No Buy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:34 PM

Cancelled my order.

Entire collection was $12 over thanksgiving. The book its self bounces between $15-$35

If it had something "special" with it id have kept it to go with my Blu Ray season 2 statue (which is epic).

Don't really see the point in paying $70 for a collection when i can buy it separate for less than half that.

#153 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

honestly don't like the game, I mean it's kinda interesting but at the same time... meh, it's sorta like one of those books where you pick what happens next.. isn't the game as a whole $15? then this is $70? kind of a stretch.

Which is very true hence why they give you a physical copy of the source material that MSRP is $60 but on Amazon is $30 or so.

But if you don't like it then don't get it, no worries. The CE is a great pick up point for those that haven't touched the comics before and love/wanted to check out the game.

#154 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

Wait, it was $12 on PSN or Live? I missed it? Darn...

#155 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

Wait, it was $12 on PSN or Live? I missed it? Darn...

Steam and Amazon only. It hasn't dropped that low on PS3 or Xbox.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#156 Tygamr

Tygamr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

Tempted by this, but the price is too high considering I already own the game. That cover art is nice though...

#157 JK-C

JK-C

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

All I'll say is that cumulatively, this game has some of the best storytelling in a game, period. Sometimes even superior to its source. Each part separately isn't always as great as another (the last part was a bit lacking in length, and felt slightly rushed, for instance) , but the sum total is an incredible achievement. The voice work alone (acting and direction) is miles above most of what the big developers are cranking out.

This package, however? Meh. It's... okay. They should open it up to PC players, sell it on Amazon, and include a keychain or SOMETHING at least.

#158 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:14 AM

Cancelled my order.

Entire collection was $12 over thanksgiving. The book its self bounces between $15-$35

If it had something "special" with it id have kept it to go with my Blu Ray season 2 statue (which is epic).

Don't really see the point in paying $70 for a collection when i can buy it separate for less than half that.

Where did you see the first compendium for $15? I recently bought both compendiums for ~$30 each using a coupon at Barnes & Noble.

#159 thenutman69321

thenutman69321

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

Lies...if you love stories, tension, characters and making choices that feel like they matter, and zombies, you'll love this game.

I love all of these things. The game was still the most boring pile of crap I've ever played through.

TheNutman69321.png

#160 Glasscocked

Glasscocked

CAG title goes here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

I love all of these things. The game was still the most boring pile of crap I've ever played through.

The fact that it is pretty much universally not just liked, but loved, by anyone who has experienced it says a lot about you as a gamer and your ignorance. I cant believe you have the balls to make a statement like that. Not everyone needs an attention span right?

#161 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

Anybody know if this is gonna be like the BttF disc version? Like it actually has a Platinum? Are they on the disc or is it a DLC voucher?

Posted Image

#162 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

Anybody know if this is gonna be like the BttF disc version? Like it actually has a Platinum? Are they on the disc or is it a DLC voucher?

They are on disc, that's the way it's been in the past with Jurassic Park, Sam and Max, etc. I just don't know if you have to download the disc to your hard drive or not. But you didn't with Jurassic Park or BttF.

#163 Wedgie

Wedgie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

Hmm, looks like it's still cheaper to buy the game and compendium separately but the box art is nice.

I was hoping we'd see some deals on the standard $30 version but seeing as how it releases so close to Christmas and it's only $30 I'm assuming we won't see anything like that.

#164 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:02 AM

The fact that it is pretty much universally not just liked, but loved, by anyone who has experienced it says a lot about you as a gamer and your ignorance. I cant believe you have the balls to make a statement like that. Not everyone needs an attention span right?

Oh no, he doesn't like what you like, it's the end of the world!!!! :-({|=

#165 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

Still to expensive for my blood lol.

smudgingtest1t_zps0bb98303.png
Icon by Kikyou1, Signature by Kikyou1

#166 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:32 AM

So the game on PSN is ~20$ but for a disc copy they want you to pay 300% more for the Standard edition.

Kamagii.png

#167 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

I feel the same way. I've been trying to get Xenoblade Chronicles but it's Gamestop exclusive. Everywhere I look online besides there it's ~$70. I've been to three different Gamestops and all they had were the "New" copies that were open with stickers all over the case, and probably missing the Club Nintendo codes.

in stock atm

#168 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:09 AM

So the game on PSN is ~20$ but for a disc copy they want you to pay 300% more for the Standard edition.

Standard edition is $30.

#169 Olengie

Olengie

Minato Arisato is the Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:39 AM

You're just paying more for different box art, a box, and a compendium.

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#170 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

Xbox Game Download - $25
Compendium 1 - $34 (Amazon) MSRP $59.99

So $59 you can get the game (download) and the compendium. But for $10 more I'd rather have the game on disc and the LE artwork. To me this is a LE that's fairly priced.

#171 The Lord of Awesome

The Lord of Awesome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

I know this is based on the comics and not the TV series (I know that's also based on the comics too to anyone who really believed I didn't know that) But I've been meaning to watch the TV series and keep forgetting. Would playing through this be good or bad for me in terms of spoilers?

#172 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

For some reason, I'm more interested in the Compendium than the game. Has anyone read the Compendium? What are your thoughts on it?
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#173 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

So I preordered already, but what's their return policy? If I see this is not rare and as limited as they claim I'm just goin to return it.

#174 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:40 PM

I know this is based on the comics and not the TV series (I know that's also based on the comics too to anyone who really believed I didn't know that) But I've been meaning to watch the TV series and keep forgetting. Would playing through this be good or bad for me in terms of spoilers?

The game is not based on the comics. Its a standalone story.

apathy.gif

#175 jimivegas

jimivegas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

For some reason, I'm more interested in the Compendium than the game. Has anyone read the Compendium? What are your thoughts on it?

The compendium is the first 52 or so issues of the actual comic series. This is the easiest way to catch up if you are out of the loop. It's way better than buying early single issues because anything below issue #95(issue #104 just came out this past month) go for a ridiculous amount of money which is why I will be also getting compendium 2. Very well written and well drawn. But after playing the first two chapters of the game and watching the show, let me be the first to say that the game and the comic even the tv series do not follow each other religiously. The game doesnt even have anything to do with what ive read in the comics. The tv series I can say does follow the comic to an extent but after watching the show, some things have changed. Some characters that are in the tv series are not in the comic and parts of the story have changed for tv. However, this does not take away from how great the series is.

I myself am in for this limited edition set because I never got to complete the game and I never bought the compendium. On top of that, the limited edition cover art was enough to justify the purchase. So to me this set is pretty solid for fans and people curious about the series.

#176 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

So it seems the game is being delayed until 12/11. Not that big of a difference but I was planning on using a $15 K-mart coupon on it that expires on 12/8 :oldman:

To add to the confusion, Best Buy now has a "Limited Edition" Standard Edition for $29.99 that shows slightly different artwork (I really hope they didn't change the standard edition to this all-zombies cover) and "includes a door poster to help you show off your fandom"

Posted Image

I'm now on the fence of skipping all of this disc nonsense and just using one of my $10 1600pt cards to buy the 4 episodes I need on XBLA.

Edited by Kerig, 02 December 2012 - 03:04 PM.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#177 JK-C

JK-C

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

The game is set in the same world as the comics, around the time Rick was in a coma. No connection at all with the TV series (thank goodness). As far as spoilers, you have nothing to worry about for either one. It's self contained.

#178 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

I looked mine in weeks ago but is GS still taking preorders on the CE? Just curious as to what the supply will look like.

#179 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

Standard edition is $30.

hmm weird I looked at it last night and I swear it said 59.99 for standard and 69.99 for LE

Kamagii.png

#180 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

hmm weird I looked at it last night and I swear it said 59.99 for standard and 69.99 for LE

You were probably looking at the other Walking Dead game that comes out next year. That one is $59.99.