609 replies to this topic

#241 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

So...what the hell is this?

http://www.gamestop....ing-dead/103285

Yeah, I think it's supposed to be from the perspective of Daryl and Otis, but not entirely sure. Definitely getting it too. Seems like a ton of interesting zombie games are coming to consoles in the next year or so. State of Decay, Last of Us, etc.

Edit:

Also, just saw this!

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#242 Galloughs

Galloughs

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

Is this available for PC? Because I'm part of the Master Race who doesn't own a console!

#243 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

Is this available for PC? Because I'm part of the Master Race who doesn't own a console!

The CE is not but the regluar game is available.

#244 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:07 AM

The master race that begins sentences with "because"?

#245 breakingcustoms

breakingcustoms

Rule The Air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:18 AM

i have the first and second compendium, but i will be purchasing the vanilla walking dead game for $30

596772.png

#246 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:21 AM

I saw one of these today while trading. It is a nice size box. Looks pretty cool also.
Posted Image

#247 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:51 AM

The master race that begins sentences with "because"?

Lol couldn't stop lol at this..!!! Also the master race must update virus software and operating system constantly.

#248 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

Lol couldn't stop lol at this..!!! Also the master race must update virus software and operating system constantly.

...Who the hell updates OS' constantly? That's beyond stupid.

Anyway, trying to fight all temptations of picking this up as I only need to get Episodes 4 and 5, but DAMN does having it all on disc sound convenient and that comic compendium would be nice to have.

#249 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

Temptation should be easy... this has been sold out for a bit now on both 360 and ps3.
Posted Image

#250 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

Yea its OOS.

Thanks litepink for bringing this CE to my attention. :applause:

#251 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

Dammit, now I really wish I hadn't canceled my pre-order for this... but with the delay, I would have been out of town when it was delivered and it would have sat on my doorstep (assuming they ship using UPS) for 3 weeks.

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#252 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

My gamestop told me that I was the only one that pre-ordered. Apparently I made one of the employees jealous. They asked the manager who's that was and if they are coming to pick it up. The manager was like yeah it is getting picked up :lol:

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Lightning Returns :xb1: Madden 25, Dead Rising 3

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, :360: & :xb1: Halo:Spartan Assault

#253 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

My gamestop told me that I was the only one that pre-ordered. Apparently I made one of the employees jealous. They asked the manager who's that was and if they are coming to pick it up. The manager was like yeah it is getting picked up :lol:

That GS employee is at home playing your copy right now. ;)

#254 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

That GS employee is at home playing your copy right now. ;)

No shit right!

Actually my manager was joking with me about that. Seriously though, my gamestop would never do that to me. :)

I'm even more stoked about getting this now that it won GOTY last night. :D

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Lightning Returns :xb1: Madden 25, Dead Rising 3

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, :360: & :xb1: Halo:Spartan Assault

#255 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

No shit right!

Actually my manager was joking with me about that. Seriously though, my gamestop would never do that to me. :)

I'm even more stoked about getting this now that it won GOTY last night. :D

GOTY..!! Awesome. That should give this bundle some legs to stand on even more.

#256 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

...DAMN does having it all on disc sound convenient...

It's really not.

Convenience = installed on HDD through XBLA. Especially knowing that any XBLA compilation to date has required you to play it directly from the disc with no true install option. That means loud spinning disc syndrome for the entire 12+ hours that you play.

The only good factors to the disc are:

1. Trade-in/resale value
2. Transferable/giftable to friends/family
3. Inevitable price reduction (see XBLA Triple Pack & Silent But Deadliest Warrior)
4. Future-proofing (true physical ownership)

I'm gonna wait it out until the XBLA Christmas sales are all done before deciding what to buy. If you only need ep4&5, it should be an easy choice.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#257 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

Damn, I forgot all about this... I wonder if it's too late to reserve it.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#258 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

This was exactly the thought that came to me. New game sales don't make them much money at all, they just increase traffic to their site and stores.

lol whats up with you guys hating on gamestop, if gamestop didnt exist, stores like bby etc wouldnt have to be kept on their toes. Do you remember when bby had no competition whatsoever prices were jacked up high.

i personally love gamestop, yeah u pay a bit higher prices but you do sort of get a plethora of all things video game in a one stop shop.

not to burst your bubble, gamestop makes shit tons of money even if they sell a new product, they make 20 percent profit on new products. and keep in mind developers/publishers pay gamestop for the opportunity to slap on promotional dlc, gamestop exclusives, etc.

i invest in gamestop and made a shit ton of money off them. why? because they are that damn profitable.

#259 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

Damn, I forgot all about this... I wonder if it's too late to reserve it.

It is.

apathy.gif

#260 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

lol whats up with you guys hating on gamestop, if gamestop didnt exist, stores like bby etc wouldnt have to be kept on their toes. Do you remember when bby had no competition whatsoever prices were jacked up high.

i personally love gamestop, yeah u pay a bit higher prices but you do sort of get a plethora of all things video game in a one stop shop.

not to burst your bubble, gamestop makes shit tons of money even if they sell a new product, they make 20 percent profit on new products. and keep in mind developers/publishers pay gamestop for the opportunity to slap on promotional dlc, gamestop exclusives, etc.

i invest in gamestop and made a shit ton of money off them. why? because they are that damn profitable.

No one pays gamestop money so that gamestop can have exclusive DLC. I hope that wasn't a serious comment.

#261 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

I'd like to see this 20% profit on new products source

#262 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

There may be a few games that make 20% profit but that isn't normal. And they most certainly don't make 20% on new hardware.

#263 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

No one pays gamestop money so that gamestop can have exclusive DLC. I hope that wasn't a serious comment.

Yes they do. Recent example is Randy Pitchford said the Creature Slaughter Dome wouldn't have existed w/o GameStop money. Listen to his interview on IGN Podcast Unlocked.

#264 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

Yes they do. Recent example is Randy Pitchford said the Creature Slaughter Dome wouldn't have existed w/o GameStop money. Listen to his interview on IGN Podcast Unlocked.

Yeah, that means gamestop is paying them.

apathy.gif

#265 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt but what I was replying to the poster above who stated that gamestop gets paid money to have exclusive DLC which is absolutely backwards. That's like saying that NASCAR drives pay companies money to endorse their products.

The world doesn't work that way.

#266 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

I'm going to nominate myself for CAG dumbass of the year. I just went to one of my local Gamestops to take advantage of the crazy trade values going on right now. Well there was one of the 360 CE sitting right on the counter and I was like "is this for sale?" She was like "as soon as I finish checking it in. You want it?" Well I hadn't been keeping up with this thread but she had it scanned and ready to go and at the last second I was like "I don't think the extras are worth $40, I'll hold off". After I left I checked this thread and proceeded to call back to see if they could hold it till I came back. She said turns out it was a preorder and was so happy I changed my mind. So not only did I get someone oblivious to the street date, she was also going to give me someone's preorder. I will never hesitate to pull the trigger again.

#267 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:26 AM

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt but what I was replying to the poster above who stated that gamestop gets paid money to have exclusive DLC which is absolutely backwards. That's like saying that NASCAR drives pay companies money to endorse their products.

The world doesn't work that way.

OK sorry misread your reply. Yeah GS doesn't GET paid for DLC but DOES PAY the devs for preorder exclusive DLC.

If you want the specific thing I mentioned, IGN Podcast Unlocked Episode 70 about the Creature Slaughter Dome starts at the 7:00 mark although the first 1/3 of the interview is about Gamestop, value of the experience, used market, etc.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#268 KonohaShinobi

KonohaShinobi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:41 AM

Someone tell me if this is stupid:
I have TWD on PSN
But I really want the Compendium! And Have been waiting for it to drop in price forever, but it has not budged and I almost bought it today full MSRP at Books A Million.

Would it be smart to just buy this?

#269 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:51 AM

I have TWD on PSN
But I really want the Compendium! And Have been waiting for it to drop in price forever, but it has not budged and I almost bought it today full MSRP at Books A Million.

Since you can currently get BOTH compendiums combined for the exact same price through Amazon right now (or alternately, get just the one included in this set for half the price) I would say that would be pretty stupid if that's what you're primarily after.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#270 kyrhon

kyrhon

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:58 AM

I have TWD on PSN

It's OOS though..