AMD Never Settle Bundle - (Free Far Cry 3, Hitman: Abs, & Sleeping Dogs) w. ATI 7900

kart007k

CAGiversary!
If you get 7950 (around ~$325)

http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/22/amd-never-settle-bundle-gives-radeon-hd-7000-buyers-free-games/

One of the best deals on ATI cards.

amd-never-settle-bundle.jpg

[quote name='catabarez']I wonder if Far Cry is the Steam version.[/QUOTE]

Was wondering the same thing myself. I'd be interested in buying the code from someone for cheap then :D

There is no way to know currently, but after doing some digging about the Nvidia Assassin's Creed 3 promo, those (at least from EVGA cards) are Steam keys it seems. So there is hope.

Well, last time they did this with dirt 3 it was a steam key, so it seems likely that it will be. I think usually when ati and nvidia do these promos it is usually steam keys that are provided.

Well the reason for the uncertainly this time around is because Uplay now out. So we don't know if Ubi is going to just make you go directly to them or going to go the Steam route. Dirt 3 and Batman AC both of which aren't Ubisoft games but before redeem on Steam even though they are not normally able to be activated on it. This is the first time for Ubisoft and with their new client on we can't say for sure.

[quote name='despair1991']Well, last time they did this with dirt 3 it was a steam key, so it seems likely that it will be. I think usually when ati and nvidia do these promos it is usually steam keys that are provided.[/QUOTE]

I bought my GTX 670 a few weeks ago and I got a steam key for Borderlands 2.

[quote name='Aerc']I bought my GTX 670 a few weeks ago and I got a steam key for Borderlands 2.[/QUOTE]

Borderlands 2 is a Steamworks game so that isn't surprising. The new Hitman and Sleeping Dogs are too so they will activate on Steam.

Too bad 2 of those 3 games come infested with the shitty steamworks drm. Would be a better deal if it had any other store attached to it.

Is still not a bad deal at all though. And makes it even better to think about an update now (or in the future) for DirectX 11.1 hardware.

[quote name='DarkPGR']Too bad 2 of those 3 games come infested with the shitty steamworks drm. Would be a better deal if it had any other store attached to it.

Is still not a bad deal at all though. And makes it even better to think about an update now (or in the future) for DirectX 11.1 hardware.[/QUOTE]

Is there something wrong with Steam that I'm unaware about? I've been using it for years without any major problems.

[quote name='DarkPGR']Too bad 2 of those 3 games come infested with the shitty steamworks drm. Would be a better deal if it had any other store attached to it.

Is still not a bad deal at all though. And makes it even better to think about an update now (or in the future) for DirectX 11.1 hardware.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way about Steam, but If you're against using Steam then you probably won't be gaming on PC enough to justify buying a $300 video card. Unfortunately almost all big releases on PC these days use some form of shitty drm.

yet you have a ps3/xbox.

Better than Xbox Live, pay to use multiplayer, literally rape.

[quote name='CronO_O']yet you have a ps3/xbox.[/QUOTE]

My suspicion is it is a physical media vs. digital media thing for him. Technically it's the same difference, you don't ever "own" anything other than a limited right to play a game, but with a physical disc you feel you have "control" over things more so than with a DRM management system like Steam.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']My suspicion is it is a physical media vs. digital media thing for him. Technically it's the same difference, you don't ever "own" anything other than a limited right to play a game, but with a physical disc you feel you have "control" over things more so than with a DRM management system like Steam.[/QUOTE]

Regardless of what it says in the manual with physical media the law is on your side. No company can legally restrict you from playing your physical copy (the non-online part anyway). Nor can they restrict you from selling it or letting anyone else play it.

With Steam they can and Steam's terms of service are more restrictive than most. They expressly state that any Steam account can only be used by one person.

Got a 7870 about a month ago and super pleased so far. I hope we see a bunch of cheap keys for tgese games end up on EBAY now.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Got a 7870 about a month ago and super pleased so far. I hope we see a bunch of cheap keys for tgese games end up on EBAY now.[/QUOTE]

I'm so jelly. I got 2 7850's. At the time (few months back), the 7850 was a good bang for your buck and the 7870 wasn't worth the extra premium. But now, it pretty much is. I wouldn't jump in the 7900 series, but this deal really is good. If you sell half the games, you'll be coming out pretty good.

Wow, already own Sleeping Dogs on Steam but could probably sell the key to get a bit of my money back. You guys think a single 7900 or 2 X 7800 would wield more performance?

I've been thinking about getting a XFX 7950 Black Edition for a while now and this deal makes it even more tempting x___x decisions decisions....

[quote name='retrad']lol well that kills the deal for me because much like origin im not going to be getting a ubisoft account anytime ever.

was seriously considering it too.[/QUOTE]

+1. I was thinking about this but the UPlay only no-Steam Far Cry kills it for me.

[quote name='ken9']I've been thinking about getting a XFX 7950 Black Edition for a while now and this deal makes it even more tempting x___x decisions decisions....[/QUOTE]

I have an XFX 7850 and another brand name 7850.

The XFX is worth the extra bc of the lifetime warranty (make sure to register it in the first 30 days to get it though) and man does it stay cool. It runs just as good as my other one, but it feels like 100% quality and no hiccups.

I know when I upgrade again, I'll buy an XFX hands down. Love it.

I am planning to get 7950, its getting very good reviews. Very comparable to 670. The best and most affordable card is Sapphire HD 7950 $285 after rebate.

[quote name='fezlopez']I'm so jelly. I got 2 7850's. At the time (few months back), the 7850 was a good bang for your buck and the 7870 wasn't worth the extra premium. But now, it pretty much is. I wouldn't jump in the 7900 series, but this deal really is good. If you sell half the games, you'll be coming out pretty good.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was my first build and had been recommended to me. I actually got apretty sweet deal with it. It was $259.99 with a $20 mail in rebate when I ordered it and a copy of sleeping dogs. Well apparently I ordered a day before the SD promo started (even thought the amd site brought me to the Amazon promo page) so one Customer service rep told me I was SOL but the next one refunded me the cost of Sleeping Dogs ($44.99) which made the card like $215 before rebate

I had ordered a 7870 today from Newegg. Just canceled it so I can re-order later and get my free game. Thankfully, my cancellation went through in time.

[quote name='Syntax Error']I had ordered a 7870 today from Newegg. Just canceled it so I can re-order later and get my free game. Thankfully, my cancellation went through in time.[/QUOTE]

so just purchasing any new AMD card from any manufacturer and we will get the rewards? we get it by showing proof of purchase to AMD?

Bah. Just bought my Gigabyte 7950 2 weeks ago. I would have loved to get Hitman (especially) and Far Cry with it. Oh well, still got Sleeping Dogs for free at least. Not to mention the card is amazing.

The offer is up on NewEgg now even though AMD's site doesn't list them.

[quote name='catabarez']I wonder if Far Cry is the Steam version.[/QUOTE]
The details on the ATI website says it is Uplay. So, the answer is no Steam.

[quote name='basis']so when & where can i get one if i want to buy the bundle? article doesn't seem to have any details.[/QUOTE]
Buy from anywhere from any of AMD's hardware vendors. All you need is the AMD ID code that comes in the box to redeem it on the promotion website.

[quote name='Greyghost']+1. I was thinking about this but the UPlay only no-Steam Far Cry kills it for me.[/QUOTE]
Well even if you get the Steam version of Far Cry 3, you're still going to need Uplay for the multiplayer and probably to launch the single-player game as well. The Uplay client replaces the old Uplay launcher that comes with all newer Ubisoft games including those on Steam.

[quote name='Vegan']This is a good deal, but I'm going to follow AMD's advice and not settle for an AMD card.[/QUOTE]

the 7000 seire's just got a performance boost with the 12.11 drivers. I've seen 7-10 frame jumps in sleeping dogs and BF3.

I have some Amazon gift cards I'd like to use - any way I can buy the 7950 on Amazon and still get in on this deal (Amazon isn't listed on the AMD blog post).

Also, anyone know when the BioShock Infinite and Tombraider bundle will be available as part of this deal. I'm trying to time my upgrade to Crossfire.

[quote name='Fire2box']the 7000 seire's just got a performance boost with the 12.11 drivers. I've seen 7-10 frame jumps in sleeping dogs and BF3.[/QUOTE]

FPS means nothing if the drivers are crappy.

[quote name='FTLAUDMAN']I have some Amazon gift cards I'd like to use - any way I can buy the 7950 on Amazon and still get in on this deal (Amazon isn't listed on the AMD blog post).

Also, anyone know when the BioShock Infinite and Tombraider bundle will be available as part of this deal. I'm trying to time my upgrade to Crossfire.[/QUOTE]

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=20711&Itemid=47

Looks like Amazon will begin the promotion Oct 30 (for XFX anyway).

So has anyone got their codes for Sleeping Dogs via this promo? I got a promo card that came with the card, went to the website and filled out the information. I then received an email that had a code for the 20% off Medal of Honor. I figured the Sleeping Dogs code would also come but nothing.

bread's done
Back