Photo
- - - - -

AMD Never Settle Bundle - (Free Far Cry 3, Hitman: Abs, & Sleeping Dogs) w. ATI 7900

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#31 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

I'm so jelly. I got 2 7850's. At the time (few months back), the 7850 was a good bang for your buck and the 7870 wasn't worth the extra premium. But now, it pretty much is. I wouldn't jump in the 7900 series, but this deal really is good. If you sell half the games, you'll be coming out pretty good.

Yeah it was my first build and had been recommended to me. I actually got apretty sweet deal with it. It was $259.99 with a $20 mail in rebate when I ordered it and a copy of sleeping dogs. Well apparently I ordered a day before the SD promo started (even thought the amd site brought me to the Amazon promo page) so one Customer service rep told me I was SOL but the next one refunded me the cost of Sleeping Dogs ($44.99) which made the card like $215 before rebate

#32 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:37 PM

I had ordered a 7870 today from Newegg. Just canceled it so I can re-order later and get my free game. Thankfully, my cancellation went through in time.

#33 basis

basis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:54 PM

I had ordered a 7870 today from Newegg. Just canceled it so I can re-order later and get my free game. Thankfully, my cancellation went through in time.

so just purchasing any new AMD card from any manufacturer and we will get the rewards? we get it by showing proof of purchase to AMD?

#34 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:01 AM

From the look of it, you need to either find the promotion on the retailer's site or click through the AMD site.

http://blogs.amd.com...y-never-settle/

They don't have any participating retailers for the 7700 or 7800 series cards yet though. I can wait a few days to get the same card I was going to buy plus a free game as well.

#35 Rockopotamus

Rockopotamus

My riffs are bottomless.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:27 AM

Bah. Just bought my Gigabyte 7950 2 weeks ago. I would have loved to get Hitman (especially) and Far Cry with it. Oh well, still got Sleeping Dogs for free at least. Not to mention the card is amazing.

The offer is up on NewEgg now even though AMD's site doesn't list them.

#36 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:30 AM

The full offer or just for the 7900 series cards? I don't see anything for the 7800's.

#37 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:31 AM

i got a sleeping dogs scratch off card steam key on ebay from some graphics card promo, hopefully hitman cards start popping up

Hand__Of__God.png

#38 Rockopotamus

Rockopotamus

My riffs are bottomless.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:32 AM

7900 series, sorry for not specifying.

#39 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:59 AM

This is a good deal, but I'm going to follow AMD's advice and not settle for an AMD card.

#40 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:11 AM

This is a good deal, but I'm going to follow AMD's advice and not settle for an AMD card.

the 7000 seire's just got a performance boost with the 12.11 drivers. I've seen 7-10 frame jumps in sleeping dogs and BF3.
Waddles From Gravity Falls is best pony!

#41 FTLAUDMAN

FTLAUDMAN

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

I have some Amazon gift cards I'd like to use - any way I can buy the 7950 on Amazon and still get in on this deal (Amazon isn't listed on the AMD blog post).

Also, anyone know when the BioShock Infinite and Tombraider bundle will be available as part of this deal. I'm trying to time my upgrade to Crossfire.

#42 M3wThr33

M3wThr33

Batman with a gun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:42 PM

the 7000 seire's just got a performance boost with the 12.11 drivers. I've seen 7-10 frame jumps in sleeping dogs and BF3.

FPS means nothing if the drivers are crappy.

#43 Pajama_Man

Pajama_Man

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:11 AM

Man Nvidia cards never get nice big game bundles like these :)

Last one I think was Arkham City via EVGA.
Join the CAG's Steam Community HERE!
Posted Image

#44 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:10 AM

Bah, they got me for a 7950 now. Was only $50 more than the 7870 I canceled but, with the games included...

That's how they getcha.

#45 xRidley

xRidley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:20 AM

I have some Amazon gift cards I'd like to use - any way I can buy the 7950 on Amazon and still get in on this deal (Amazon isn't listed on the AMD blog post).

Also, anyone know when the BioShock Infinite and Tombraider bundle will be available as part of this deal. I'm trying to time my upgrade to Crossfire.

http://benchmarkrevi...20711&Itemid=47

Looks like Amazon will begin the promotion Oct 30 (for XFX anyway).

#46 AnatomyHorror

AnatomyHorror

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:03 AM

So has anyone got their codes for Sleeping Dogs via this promo? I got a promo card that came with the card, went to the website and filled out the information. I then received an email that had a code for the 20% off Medal of Honor. I figured the Sleeping Dogs code would also come but nothing.

#47 Blackfire

Blackfire

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

I didn't even get a code for MoH, or at least I don't think I did.

It tells me to go to Origin, add it to cart, apply the code (they didn't provide me one), complete checkout. THEN in the same set of steps, open Steam, go to add game, use this code (thinking this one may be the MoH code, but it explicitly tells me to use Steam). That code wasn't in the right format or even long enough.

I emailed them immediately and it's been a day, with how welcoming they sounded to email their support staff, I'm feeling pretty snubbed right now.

#48 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

FPS means nothing if the drivers are crappy.

The thing is the driver's aren't crappy. since I've run 12.11 I've had no issues at all nor did I before updating to it.
Waddles From Gravity Falls is best pony!

#49 nonsomniac

nonsomniac

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:21 PM

When this topic first popped up I read the title quickly and thought AMD had a beef with the city of Seattle.

#50 Blackfire

Blackfire

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:55 AM

I ended up getting a second email from them. The code they told me to pop into Steam the first time was the 20% off for MoH. The second email gave me my Sleeping Dogs key and they told me that I'll get the other keys when those games launch.

#51 CaptainSlow

CaptainSlow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:41 AM

Has anyone received an email from Ubisoft regarding Farcry 3? I entered my code in last week and I received my invoice but I can't see the actual game in my account or anything. I'm used to the Steam way of pre-ordering with it in my inventory but unavailable but with UPlay I have no idea where it is or how I'm supposed to get it.

#52 Das_Regal

Das_Regal

It's Pizza Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:46 AM

Tomorrow at 2 cst they'll send you a link with a code & download. When you download it, you'll put in the code during installation. This process will add it to your Uplay PC account.

#53 CaptainSlow

CaptainSlow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:00 AM

Tomorrow at 2 cst they'll send you a link with a code & download. When you download it, you'll put in the code during installation. This process will add it to your Uplay PC account.

Wow, thanks for the exact time! By chance do you know if that's 2AM or 2PM CST? I think that's 12AM PST which would make it release date.