• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

if this combined with the other deal it'd be even better

#32 donbaloo

donbaloo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

Has this been confirmed anywhere? I can't find anything on it.

#33 Curien

Curien

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

I called TRU guy there didn't know if the sale was going to happen or not.

#34 foreinter

foreinter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:22 AM

Just got this in my email. They also have the 20% off coupon. Not sure if it can be applied to the video games. Here is the link Coupon

#35 TheNight

TheNight

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:27 AM

I also got the email, but didn't see anything about the video games. Are doorbusters usually something where there will be something hanging in the store about it or do they need to be asked about? I'm picking up Halo 4 regardless tomorrow, but the $20 gift card would be nice.

#36 foreinter

foreinter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:50 AM

I also got the email, but didn't see anything about the video games. Are doorbusters usually something where there will be something hanging in the store about it or do they need to be asked about? I'm picking up Halo 4 regardless tomorrow, but the $20 gift card would be nice.

If you click the ad in your email, it will bring you to the ad website, the video game and 20% coupon are all on the same page.

#37 TheNight

TheNight

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

If you click the ad in your email, it will bring you to the ad website, the video game and 20% coupon are all on the same page.

Thanks! For some reason when the email first came earlier that page didn't come up. It only had the weekly ad and the Toy Book as an option. Just checked again and it's up now. Must have added it after I tried to access it.

#38 bigant262

bigant262

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

Neither of the coupons in the ad will work on video games. All of the coupons now pretty much exclude video games. Except the rewards coupons.

#39 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:06 AM

Thinking of just getting Borderlands 2, the only decent game I haven't purchased. So $65-$40 (gift card I got for buying 2 Halo 4 games) would make it $25, then I get back a $20 gift card..sweet!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#40 donbaloo

donbaloo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:35 AM

So are you guys confirming the offer mentioned in the OP? I have the email but see nothing about the deal in the email or on the site when i click the ad link in the email.

#41 TheNight

TheNight

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:56 PM

Neither of the coupons in the ad will work on video games. All of the coupons now pretty much exclude video games. Except the rewards coupons.

Even if the coupon itself doesn't say anywhere that it excludes video games?

#42 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

The deal is confirmed, it should be in their online ad on the website.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#43 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

Okay... so obviously someone needs to go in and tell us if we can actually use the 20% offf coupon and get Halo 4 for $48 and get a $20 GC with it... who wants to volunteer?
Posted Image

#44 x360x

x360x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

I'm fairly certain you can't use the coupons on the video games. The coupon says on the doorbuster special offers and that's just the first half of the page not the video games below it. Same with the back page of the ad

#45 sjannenga

sjannenga

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

It also says look for this icon, pointing to the gift box, and save. No gift box by the video game items.

#46 bigant262

bigant262

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

Even if the coupon itself doesn't say anywhere that it excludes video games?

Okay... so obviously someone needs to go in and tell us if we can actually use the 20% offf coupon and get Halo 4 for $48 and get a $20 GC with it... who wants to volunteer?

The coupon on the front page is for the "bonus pass" items. You see all the red square boxes. Yea, its only for those items. Or another way to look at it, see the box in the bottom left corner of the items for sale? Those are what you can use that coupon on.

#47 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

The coupon on the front page is for the "bonus pass" items. You see all the red square boxes. Yea, its only for those items. Or another way to look at it, see the box in the bottom left corner of the items for sale? Those are what you can use that coupon on.

Got it. Oh well.

#48 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

Lol. I just got this mental picture of a couple CAGs huddled outside of a Toys R Us, playing rock, paper, scissors.

#49 Thespyder314

Thespyder314

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

was reading the ad closer and noticed that it says one 20 dollar promo gift card per customer which basically means your not gonna get the 20 on top of the 40 if u buy 2 games or whatever, that is even if they are still honoring the deal from earlier this week when if you bought 2 games you got a 40 dollar gift card, just thought id let ppl know before they go thinking they r gonna get a 20 dollar card on top of the 40 or visa versa

#50 ZenDawg

ZenDawg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

was reading the ad closer and noticed that it says one 20 dollar promo gift card per customer which basically means your not gonna get the 20 on top of the 40 if u buy 2 games or whatever, that is even if they are still honoring the deal from earlier this week when if you bought 2 games you got a 40 dollar gift card, just thought id let ppl know before they go thinking they r gonna get a 20 dollar card on top of the 40 or visa versa

This is correct. I picked up 2 Halo 4 and got a $40 gift card. But I was able to get the 12+1 month Xbox Live card and it took an additional $20 off.

#51 Xombie007

Xombie007

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

This is correct. I picked up 2 Halo 4 and got a $40 gift card. But I was able to get the 12+1 month Xbox Live card and it took an additional $20 off.

So you paid $120 (for the two Halo 4 game packs) + just $40 more for the 12 + 1 month Xbox LIVE Halo 4 themed card (and sales tax if applicable), and picked up a $40 GC as well? Not too bad.

Would they have given you an additional 12 + 1 month Xbox LIVE card for $40 as well (since you did buy 2 copies of Halo 4 after all)?

#52 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

Did anyone see what the prices on the power A controllers were?

#53 ZenDawg

ZenDawg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

So you paid $120 (for the two Halo 4 game packs) + just $40 more for the 12 + 1 month Xbox LIVE Halo 4 themed card (and sales tax if applicable), and picked up a $40 GC as well? Not too bad.

Would they have given you an additional 12 + 1 month Xbox LIVE card for $40 as well (since you did buy 2 copies of Halo 4 after all)?

Yeah, my total with tax was $160 something.

I didn't think to buy 2 Live cards, but I imagine it would work.