Free 2 Months of PlayStation Plus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
92 replies to this topic

#31 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

Worked!! Thanks OP, yahoo email didnt work some how. Got with my google one instead

#32 samusaran226

samusaran226

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:39 PM

Got the two codes but it requires a credit card to be on file on the PSN to be able to redeem the code. If you don't cancel the PS+ membership within 30 days you will automatically be charged $17.99 for a 3 month membership. At least that is the message that pops up for me.

Yup they just got me with that a few days ago >.<. Called up PS Customer Service to try to cancel PS Plus and get my 17.99 back as soon as the charge went up but they pretty much told me refunds are not guaranteed and I'm still waiting on it. Guess that means they wont be giving me a refund. Anyway, during my conversation with the guy, I learned that if you go into Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List > PS Plus (30 day trial) > Subscription you can turn off automatic renewal. That should be helpful to a lot of people here so they don't get slammed for $18 like I did.

Ironic thing is that I was actually considering signing up to PS Plus because I was impressed with all of the "free" stuff I got and the cloud space for saves was very helpful when I was switching out my PS3 HDD but that auto renew BS pissed me off. At least 2 4 more free months will make it a bit easier to swallow. Thanks OP.

edit:

heh i got 6 months worth of plus just now using diff accounts. nice.

thanks for posting,id never have known!

Genius. Just signed in with another gmail and got 2 more codes lol. Thanks for that.

#33 mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:42 PM

when will the 2nd code expire?

#34 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

You can delete it when you're done, it's a non-issue.

Thanks for that information! I can confirm that you can delete your credit card information as soon as you enter the PS+ codes.

TheVila.png

#35 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

I wanna jump on this but I dont want to give Sony my CC information. WHat if another hack happens?

#36 SHINOBI_3

SHINOBI_3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

thanks! more ps+ for me!

#37 SHINOBI_3

SHINOBI_3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:44 PM

I wanna jump on this but I dont want to give Sony my CC information. WHat if another hack happens?

do what i do, put your info, when your a + member, remove your cc info from account management

#38 derintrel

derintrel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:45 PM

Worked fine here as well. Thank ya OP

#39 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

now whats tos top me from getting a whole bunch fo these for a free say year?

There's a risk the PSN account gets banned I suppose.

#40 htz

htz

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:48 PM

You can delete it when you're done, it's a non-issue.

You do realize deleting your credit card, does not mean it's really deleted off Sony's servers. All corporations like Sony keeps them for more than 1 year and sometimes indefinitely.

#41 Leftylikesgames

Leftylikesgames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:48 PM

Thanks for the head's up. Worked like a charm

#42 vic_x51

vic_x51

World Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:06 PM

looks dead

nevermind still good

#43 Sychophantom

Sychophantom

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:08 PM

Worked for me, and already deleted my info.

#44 DarkMaizena

DarkMaizena

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

Not working for me :(

"Error retrieving promo code"

#45 MagicMurderBag7

MagicMurderBag7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:20 PM

Thanks.

#46 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:27 PM

Thanks OP

#47 p-spiddy

p-spiddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:32 PM

Thanks for the heads up, OP. In for 2 months. I'm not gonna tempt fate with more than that. Good luck to the CAGers braver than I :)

#48 BigBob

BigBob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:33 PM

I've got my two codes after linking up with my Facebook account up. Thanks OP!

#49 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:35 PM

Must be redeemed from the console. "This promo code cannot be redeemed from a PC" error will appear if trying from SOE.com.

Many thanks OP

#50 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Thanks for the heads up, OP. In for 2 months. I'm not gonna tempt fate with more than that. Good luck to the CAGers braver than I :)

All the codes are diffrent and they are nearly impossible to track. If they wanted to track people gaming their system for 4-36 months of PS+ then it'll take a lot of time. Plus again, they likely wouldn't have any grounds to revoke the codes and they would need to give Sony the specifics codes to be revoked and a good reason as to why.

IGN shouldn't care if people are walking away with even 50 years of PS+ anyhow. All this does is promote their site and as for Sony they should just do one time use codes and make them all the same. There, problem solved.
Waddles From Gravity Falls is best pony!

#51 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

So you really think Sony will ban accounts for people using like 12-36 legit trial codes and go trough all that work just because they get made they don't sell 1-3 yearly PS+ subs? I don't think Sony would have any legal ground to stand on anyhow.

Even EA didn't give two shits when people took a crapton of games from them, likely since they knew we wouldn't buy them in the first place. I wouldn't of used PS+ if it hadn't been for that price mistake.

Anyways I'll grab six codes, already got 4 from facebook and google. I would think I got a proper IGN account as well. so now I'll have PS+ from nov 2011 to april 2014 for less then 28 bucks. Whee!

Sony banned people for abusing the free $6 PSN credit they handed out a while back, wouldn't surprise me if they did the same thing here. We're talking about a potential infinite PS+ subscription, you really don't think they'd do anything?

I'm not saying they will, but the possibility of them banning people is there.

#52 Jmclark

Jmclark

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

Sony banned people for abusing the free $6 PSN credit they handed out a while back, wouldn't surprise me if they did the same thing here. We're talking about a potential infinite PS+ subscription, you really don't think they'd do anything?

Did they ban whole consoles over it, or just accounts? Because I have 6 codes right now and I'm tempted to try them all on a second account.

#53 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:40 PM

Did they ban whole consoles over it, or just accounts? Because I have 6 codes right now and I'm tempted to try them all on a second account.

I think it was just for accounts, not whole consoles.. but I can't remember the exact details, sorry.

#54 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:44 PM

I got 14 all together lol, just gonna have a friend redeem 2 on my account and 2 on his. Guess I'll just save the rest.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#55 KingZ

KingZ

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:48 PM

Fck error retrieving code ??? Anyone has one extra to share ?

#56 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:49 PM

But again how would they track it and have any sort of legal ground to stand on for banning accounts? Especially when I have until nov 2013 of paid sub. These are obviously given as free trial codes and sony's fine with letting them stack otherwise it would just a single one time use code that's the same. plus its a lot of work to do just to get 6 months of codes let alone 12 or 24.

#57 he1l1o

he1l1o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:50 PM

I got 14 all together lol, just gonna have a friend redeem 2 on my account and 2 on his. Guess I'll just save the rest.

got 16 so far lol
I'll give these to my friends who has a ps3

#58 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:54 PM

plus its a lot of work to do just to get 6 months of codes let alone 12 or 24.

I guarantee you that's not going to stop anyone here.

#59 io

io

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:01 AM

I don't understand this - how are you getting PS+ codes from this? It looks like Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale beta codes and I'm already in that because of PS+.

Wait, are they really PS+ 1-month trials? I guess, in a sense, that allows you into the Beta - but what a strange way to do it.

#60 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:03 AM

I guarantee you that's not going to stop anyone here.

of course it won't PS+ is awesome at times. I think my sub lasting until either april or june 2014 is fine though. esp since I haven't even touched my PS3 since my new PC rig has been completed. Not even for GT5:XL.

So unless it auto downloaded the beta for All-stars I might not even download its beta.